Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643929 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jolek15: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
EncephalonPikin:

Thanks for the info, not within my purchasing power however cheesy. Maybe someday in the future.

Please I heard there is a phone brand that works anywhere both US or Nigeria all you have to do is just change the sim card. Please what's the name?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoteriaMo: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

If one gets a rejection, how long again before they can reapply on the portal and reschedule.

Urgent please.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
Please Justwise can you push this thread to the top so that it can be accessible as the earlier closed thread was. Finding this thread alone one has to scroll and search.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Firefox01: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hi guys, I've been stuck at 300level since 2019 and quite frankly I'm sick and tired already. I'm considering taking SAT and TOEFL and acing it to start all over abroad. Problem is I'm an art student. Do you guys know whether journalism students are funded in US schools scholarship wise?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ghost1759(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
Stalon99:
Please does anyone know any cheap hotel close to Abuja Embassy. Kindly give name and price please
New Rendezvous...7 mins drive to the embassy ...6000 naira

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessings001: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2021
Firefox01:
Hi guys, I've been stuck at 300level since 2019 and quite frankly I'm sick and tired already. I'm considering taking SAT and TOEFL and acing it to start all over abroad. Problem is I'm an art student. Do you guys know whether journalism students are funded in US schools scholarship wise?

Google search universities/ colleges with full funding undergraduate program USA

Search them one after the other if they have journerlism.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Firefox01: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
Blessings001:

Google search universities/ colleges with full funding undergraduate program USA

Search them one after the other if they have journerlism.

Cheers
Bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
NigPatriot:
Please Justwise can you push this thread to the top so that it can be accessible as the earlier closed thread was. Finding this thread alone one has to scroll and search.

Done.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
justwise:

Done.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Firefox01:

Almost Any course can be funded to the US. But you need some due diligence. You have to do your personal search and work on your mind believing you deserve it.
Use websites likes gradcafe, msinus etc. Also if you have time you can visit education USA. They assist lot of undergraduates on this path. Importantly, Use your Google search judiciously. When you begin and you have concerns you can post it here on the forum, there are more than enough capable hands willing to assist, but you have to make that first move. �.
I wish you well in your sojourn .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Firefox01: 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
NigPatriot:

Almost Any course can be funded to the US. But you need some due diligence. You have to do your personal search and work on your mind believing you deserve it.
Use websites likes gradcafe, msinus etc. Also if you have time you can visit education USA. They assist lot of undergraduates on this path. Importantly, Use your Google search judiciously. When you begin and you have concerns you can post it here on the forum, there are more than enough capable hands willing to assist, but you have to make that first move. �.
I wish you well in your sojourn .
Thank you boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damian457: 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2021
Guys please what’s with the covid test requirement for traveling? I want to visit the US Next month and I understand i am required to get a covid negative test before boarding. Can I buy my ticket before doing the test? What if the test is yet to be processed as at when I am ready to board? Or do I wait till i get the result before buying tickets?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
Damian457:
Guys please what’s with the covid test requirement for traveling? I want to visit the US Next month and I understand i am required to get a covid negative test before boarding. Can I buy my ticket before doing the test? What if the test is yet to be processed as at when I am ready to board? Or do I wait till i get the result before buying tickets?
Buy your ticket, then take your covid test within two days of your departure. That way, the rest will be out. Also, there will be new rules regarding test when Biden takes over. So, make sure you take the test at the appropriate time to avoid delay. Buy your ticket ahead so that you can get a fair price.
All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
justwise:

Done.
Just realising this is part 16. Well done for all your work and moderating skills.
And happy new and prosperous year to you!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 9:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
MrBammy:
Hello Fam,
My wife’s visa got approved this morning at Lagos embassy... exactly a week of her denial at Abuja embassy. Glory to God. Please, we are thinking of deferring the admission if possible to August, just to hustle more for money and I want to know if that will not jeopardize her visa! Gurus, kindly advice.
School: UMKC
#fairheart, you no reply my mail since last week oh
I am sorry bro, how you dey?
I am available now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eetzdave(m): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
fairheart:

I am sorry bro, how you dey?
I am available now

Mr Fairheart, how have you being? I did send you a mail some time back and you’re yet to respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 1:02am On Jan 20, 2021
eetzdave:

Mr Fairheart, how have you being? I did send you a mail some time back and you’re yet to respond
I will reply tomorrow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatadams: 1:23am On Jan 20, 2021
My Canadian visa got rejected and I want to apply for the United state which my first choice at first am 21 and also I score a 1100 on my SAT going to write on March to try get atleast a 1300-1400 so I can get scholarship and am having difficulty paying for the exam with my atm card don’t know what wrong and also want guidance on the best why for a 21 year old that graduate 2017 from secondary to get the student visa I know visa can never be guarantee by anybody just seeking advise

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haizayah: 1:45am On Jan 20, 2021
Guys , please how long does administrative processing take? Though I wasnt told my application would be on AP but it's been 6working days and passport is yet to arrive and my school resumed yesterday.
Please, is there anything I can do?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Curious2020: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TaiwoBa(f): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Please I urgently need help on this. My Emergency appointment request was approved in Lagos yesterday but up till now I am unable to book an appointment, I kept getting the message "your group size is larger than the current allocation". I have called them twice now and sent feedback on my account but nothing has happened so far. I urgently need to book an appointment. Please I will appreciate any recommendation. Thank you and stay blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sesandennis: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Ghost1759:

God bless Walspring ..Sevis payment sorted within 24hours thanks to everyone

@walspring.....How do I pay my sevis fee? I need assistance on this .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Victordbest: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone! I have been denied twice at Abuja embassy. I went with MS I-20 with partial scholarship in 2019 and got denied. I also went with a PhD I-20 with assistantship and tuition waiver this January 2021 and got denied. Now I have deferred the admission till Fall 2021. Kindly help me as I be preparing for another interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Victordbest:
Hi everyone! I have been denied twice at Abuja embassy. I went with MS I-20 with partial scholarship in 2019 and got denied. I also went with a PhD I-20 with assistantship and tuition waiver this January 2021 and got denied. Now I have deferred the admission till Fall 2021. Kindly help me as I be preparing for another interview
drop your previous transcripts

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by idogbo(m): 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello please i need help, my i20 was sent yesterday, and i am applying for spring 2021 how can i get early appointment at the embassy , school resumes month end..please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone, is it possible to enroll for MSC immediately after BSC
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Victordbest:
How old are you?
school?
course?
share these information
And how did your last interview go?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
haizayah:
Guys , please how long does administrative processing take? Though I wasnt told my application would be on AP but it's been 6working days and passport is yet to arrive and my school resumed yesterday.
Please, is there anything I can do?
If it is 6 days, then it should turn Issued today or tomorrow.
If you can't get an extension, then you must defer to fall 2021 and get a new i-20 and a letter that will allow you to resume.
Don't worry.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoteriaMo: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2021
MrBammy:
Hello Fam,
My wife’s visa got approved this morning at Lagos embassy... exactly a week of her denial at Abuja embassy. Glory to God. Please, we are thinking of deferring the admission if possible to August, just to hustle more for money and I want to know if that will not jeopardize her visa! Gurus, kindly advice.
School: UMKC
#fairheart, you no reply my mail since last week oh

Hello sir.
Please how were you able to schedule another appointment for her in one week

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mumzeeo: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
Victordbest:

Are you applying for visa for more than one person, I mean are you going with any dependents?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haizayah: 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
fairheart:

If it is 6 days, then it should turn Issued today or tomorrow.
If you can't get an extension, then you must defer to fall 2021 and get a new i-20 and a letter that will allow you to resume.
Don't worry.

Okay. I'll wait till tomorrow. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
Firefox01:

Similar to what I'm currently passing through here...

Staff strikes and constant administrative changes led to my Computer Science Education studies being suspended during the first semester of my final session in school. Since then, its been a match between ASUU and Covid on who wins the delay contest. grin

So, I've kinda decided to move on with my academic career by applying for a Fall 2021 undergrad program in the US. Mind you I've not been outside the country before oo so don't just understand how these international study stuff works.

Checked up some schools and requirements, looks like I'll need either of SAT or ACT(already planning to pay and sit for March batch). I'm making plans towards sponsorship and funding but one scholarship dey my eye like this.

My question is eeh these high school transcripts stuff they say they need. Is it just my WAEC and NECO or maybe JAMB results? Make person help me abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.