Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1656157 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2021
FieryJoe:
Is it a must to still do GRE if your school exempt it? I have PTE already...

The best thing you can do for yourself is to share the name of the school here and let people enlighten you whether it's a red flag school or not....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 10:58am On Jan 23, 2021
I would advise you to do it, if possible. It's just that you don't want to have anything that would make you start telling too much story or make you feel like you didn't give your all. It's best to avoid unnecessary stories with VOs.

FieryJoe:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 10:58am On Jan 23, 2021
kastgeraldino:
Do you think the visa official knows or cares about which school is test-optional? Just apply to any accredited schools that's not an online program. But still do the standardized test just to have it.

Thank you very much for the information.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2021
Oyindamola1234:
Hello everyone, please I need someone to do mock with me, my interview is next month. And it’s approaching Please guys.

If you don’t mind ‘an audio’ (VN exchange) mock via WhatsApp, here’s my email Komolafemoshood@yahoo.com you can drop me your mobile digit, I will chat up and we’d fix the mock on Sunday before 1pm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyindamola1234(f): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2021
Moshkom:

If you don’t mind ‘an audio’ (VN exchange) mock via WhatsApp, here’s my email Komolafemoshood@yahoo.com you can drop me your mobile digit, I will chat up and we’d fix the mock on Sunday before 1pm.
. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Who is applying or has applied to Illinois State University
Please how did you apply for graduate assistantship
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Frankeze1: 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2021
Congratulations to everyone that got their F1 Visa approved. I hope to share my testimony here .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Frankeze1: 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2021
[quote author=LeviAckerman post=98355176]Who is applying or has applied to Illinois State University
Please how did you apply for graduate assistantship
Thanks[/quote

The best way to get assistantship is to email professors directly and ask them for it. Remember to talk about your accademic profile and why you are suitable candidate for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
Good day everyone ,please does anyone has a format on how to write professors for a PhD position?
Does anyone also know how to secure an assistantship at middle tennessee state university ?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2021
FieryJoe:

If the school says GRE is optional; it doesn't mean they won't accept it if you present it. Infact most schools that are waiving GRE still use when deciding scholarships and assistantships.
So the onus is on you to either do or not. Many people get admissions without GRE. But the standardized tests are used when deciding who gets funded especially Teaching Assistants (TA). For Ph.D applicants, the best bet is to mail faculty and secure a professor, that way; if the professor thinks you're astute enough, he/she may disregard your standardized scores.

N.B: This is subjective.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FieryJoe: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for your response.
I'm applying to:
Delaware state university
University of Georgia
Springfield College
Does anyone have positive or negative experience with these schools?

horlahsunbo225:

The best thing you can do for yourself is to share the name of the school here and let people enlighten you whether it's a red flag school or not....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FieryJoe: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
Many thanks

NigPatriot:

If the school says GRE is optional; it doesn't mean they won't accept it if you present it. Infact most schools that are waiving GRE still use when deciding scholarships and assistantships.
So the onus is on you to either do or not. Many people get admissions without GRE. But the standardized tests are used when deciding who gets funded especially Teaching Assistants (TA). For Ph.D applicants, the best bet is to mail faculty and secure a professor, that way; if the professor thinks you're astute enough, he/she may disregard your standardized scores.

N.B: This is subjective.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
Emmanuelkanayo1:
Good day everyone ,please does anyone has a format on how to write professors for a PhD position?
Does anyone also know how to secure an assistantship at middle tennessee state university ?

Please I'd need every review I can about this school, going for their fall admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
FieryJoe:
I'm applying to:
University of Georgia
Springfield College

How do you guys even do this, applying to so many schools bearing in mind they all have substantial application fees (most won't process your application until you pay)?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
Anyone from University of California, Davis?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2021
FieryJoe:
I'm applying to:
University of Georgia
Springfield College

I dont know much about Springfield but the rest are cool
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zeeLady: 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
The american educationl journey will take money. People apply to as many schools as they can to boost their chances. I know people who applied to as many as 13 schools. It depends on you. Some people apply to one high end school, One average school and one "low" end school just to be safe. Some people also apply to only schools with less than $30 app fee. The choice is yours. The more schools you apply to, the more options you might have.

TrillionBrains:

How do you guys even do this, applying to so many schools bearing in mind they all have substantial application fees (most won't process your application until you pay)?

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
Can anyone help with a list of schools that are currently offering application waiver.
I’ve used all my money to send GRE score report lol
Please help

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
LeviAckerman:
Can anyone help with a list of schools that are currently offering application waiver.
I’ve used all my money to send GRE score report lol
Please help
For your own good schools that offer public application waiver are den of rejection, so I'll advise you to stay away from them.

And next time you're applying try and use your unofficial GRE scores report for admission purpose and when you eventually get admission and you decided to attend you can send your official scores to your desire school.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

For your own good schools that offer public application waiver are den of rejection, so I'll advise you to stay away from them.

And next time you're applying try and use your unofficial GRE scores report for admission purpose and when you eventually get admission and you decided to attend you can send your official scores to your desire school.

Yeah, that works for my transcript. But the places that I have requires that I send the GRE from ETS. Thank you for you response, can you recommend schools that have assistantship please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Yeah, that works for my transcript. But the places that I have requires that I send the GRE from ETS. Thank you for you response, can you recommend schools that have assistantship please
Most has some sort of assistantship, and if you want to be sure you can mail the grad cord

Which course and degree are you aspiring for
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by prtyfrtn: 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2021
hi guys, is it advisable for me to upload the informations of universities i transferred from when applying to a university in US even though i didnt graduate from there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Most has some sort of assistantship, and if you want to be sure you can mail the grad cord

Which course and degree are you aspiring for
Finance, Economics and other related courses
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EfTee14(m): 11:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thanks so much @Emeritus R
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 11:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
Students already in the USA ��, how do you survive?

I’m in Germany �� and am ready to get some information about this...

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by biikeys(m): 2:25am On Jan 24, 2021
kpolli:

SNHU? Don't use that school. Apply to another school. It's known as an online school so how will you convince the VO that you can't just do the course online instead

I remember this username from 2013 or so on this thread. Hope you're doing good

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kpolli(m): 2:52am On Jan 24, 2021
biikeys:

I remember this username from 2013 or so on this thread. Hope you're doing good

Actually 2012; yes I'm good... And you?

Good to see this thread doing well and even inspiring similar threads for other countries.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nathanji: 3:31am On Jan 24, 2021
kpolli:

SNHU? Don't use that school. Apply to another school. It's known as an online school so how will you convince the VO that you can't just do the course online instead

Thanks bro for this advice. Please do you know any school that is currently opened for admission? I'm going for Information Management System ( MIS ) or Information System with a BSC in computer science and a GPA of 2.8. Please do you know any approved university that is not too expensive and doesn't require GRE or other test exams?. Thanks a lot and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kpolli(m): 4:01am On Jan 24, 2021
nathanji:

Thanks bro for this advice. Please do you know any school that is currently opened for admission? I'm going for Information Management System ( MIS ) or Information System with a BSC in computer science and a GPA of 2.8. Please do you know any approved university that is not too expensive and doesn't require GRE or other test exams?. Thanks a lot and God bless.

I always advice people to do GRE, it can save you $40k dollars (tuition for 4 semesters) if you get an assistantship. Most schools fit this category, GPA is not the only criteria in getting admission. You can look into some below 80 schools in the ranking. Go to usnews and check grad school rankings for schools with MIS.

I would suggest MSc in computer science because you get more options than MIS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Finance, Economics and other related courses
Fine GPA and GRE scores
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 9:51am On Jan 24, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Fine GPA and GRE scores
3.2/4

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dkizzy01: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2021
I want to pursue a postgraduate degree in supply chain as I have working experience in supply chain.

But my original course is Environmental science and Resources management.

Questions.

1, am married can my uncle sponsor me with state of account and letter of sponsorship. Will the accept it or what is the way to do it.

2, which of the above cost do you suggest I go for?

3. Are there schools that can grant me scholarship or any school with low tuition you can advise.

4. Will they require English exams?

God bless you for your kind response

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.