Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643946 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashawoKGB: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
xcelpro:

Please can a Law degree obtained in Nigeria be used to obtain a graduate scholarship in any other course in US?
How does this emailing Professors and HODs stuff work in applying for a Scholarship?
The answer to your first question is No.
Then you email Professors to ask not only for opening and demonstrate interest but to check your chances and request for waiver( in the case of the person i responded to , he needs to email these HODs to check if a particul department may be Willi yo accept him with OND). Then these professors help procure TA and GA grants for students who are willing to work with them.(These grants sometimes, cover full living cost)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boyofgrace(m): 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Novartis:
May we see 90% of visa approvals this year!

Affirm Yes, Amen or Amin

Amen!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sandra1776: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
What are the requirements to apply for universities in Canada BSc program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
ashawoKGB:
Your particular scores in all the subject you took during your secondary high school

Mehn, how do I even go about this...contact the school or what?

Someone suggested I go with official transcripts from waec which I think is a fair suffering.

About secondary high, you mean senior secondary right? Pardon my ignorance here ejoor
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Walspring:

You can use your waec or neco result but if they ask for it to be official then you contact waec or neco office to do that but you pay for it.

Also you can use your school own from JS 1 to SS3 issued by your secondary school.

Thanks for the response bro.

I've already figured a way to go about the waec transcripts but this js1 to ss3 own eeh omo I don't see how feasible it is for it to be available anytime soon

Mind if I send you a mail so you clear me up better bro?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
Well done guys.. I’ve learnt so much from this platform.

I want apply with my husband as my F-2, please can I get tips on what to do and what to avoid?

I’m looking at masters in economics in Georgia state University, Georgia institute of technology or Clark Atlanta university (fall 2021).

I’ll apply after I take my GRE, any information on scholarship and graduate assistantship will be greatly appreciated, I’ve sent mails to the school and I’m waiting for responses. I’ve also searched online, but I’m open to hearing from a mentor here with direct or indirect personal experience.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eetzdave(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
Has anyone here ever gotten the f1 visa with a company’s account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
TrillionBrains:

Thanks for the response bro.

I've already figured a way to go about the waec transcripts but this js1 to ss3 own eeh omo I don't see how feasible it is for it to be available anytime soon

Mind if I send you a mail so you clear me up better bro?

Go ahead and send me mail. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexanderfrost: 5:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Please, is there anyone just about to start preparing for GRE and hoping to write soon?

I'm a working professional in Lagos and I need a study partner.

Please do reach out as soon as possible via PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mobog(m): 7:00am On Jan 22, 2021
Alexanderfrost:
Please, is there anyone just about to start preparing for GRE and hoping to write soon?

I'm on preparation seat, you can chat me on 0810583636
adebobolaji@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:00am On Jan 22, 2021
Sandra1776:
What are the requirements to apply for universities in Canada BSc program
ask on the Canada thread

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mobog(m): 7:01am On Jan 22, 2021
Alexanderfrost:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyindamola1234(f): 9:31am On Jan 22, 2021
dtone:
I actually got my visa approved yesterday in lagos after 2 previous denials and wld love to share my transcript.just that my case is slightly different and I dunno if it will benefit others.but I must say I learnt a thing or too here for which I'm very grateful
Please check your email. I sent you a message
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TJ0987(f): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2021
Hello Ma'am. Isn't it a bit too late to be applying for fall 2021 at this time? Or do you mean fall 2022? From what I heard, funding in GSU is really good, and their acceptance rate is high enough.

HollyMadison:
Well done guys.. I’ve learnt so much from this platform.

I want apply with my husband as my F-2, please can I get tips on what to do and what to avoid?

I’m looking at masters in economics in Georgia state University, Georgia institute of technology or Clark Atlanta university (fall 2021).

I’ll apply after I take my GRE, any information on scholarship and graduate assistantship will be greatly appreciated, I’ve sent mails to the school and I’m waiting for responses. I’ve also searched online, but I’m open to hearing from a mentor here with direct or indirect personal experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xcelpro: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2021
ashawoKGB:
The answer to your first question is No.
Then you email Professors to ask not only for opening and demonstrate interest but to check your chances and request for waiver( in the case of the person i responded to , he needs to email these HODs to check if a particul department may be Willi yo accept him with OND). Then these professors help procure TA and GA grants for students who are willing to work with them.(These grants sometimes, cover full living cost)
OK thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashawoKGB: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2021
TrillionBrains:

Mehn, how do I even go about this...contact the school or what?

Someone suggested I go with official transcripts from waec which I think is a fair suffering.

About secondary high, you mean senior secondary right? Pardon my ignorance here ejoor
Yes you have to contact the school. No top school will give you is without that transcript .

yh. senior secondary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EfTee14(m): 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
Good day House, please does anyone has link for General USA Visitors Visa enquiries...I will be glad if you can share..Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyindamola1234(f): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need someone to do mock with me, my interview is next month. And it’s approaching Please guys.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nathanji: 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
Good day all,
A friend introduced me to this great forum which I have gone through some of the pages and saw the benefit and help it has rendered to so many people.

I would like to apply for admission in the United State, Masters program in Southern New Hampshire University. Their ongoing admission is still on and the deadline is February 3rd.
Please I would like to ask some questions before I proceed with the application because I don't want to waste any money and time.

I have 2 Aunts ( my mom's sister's) who are based in the United States. 15 years ago one of them who has been in the US for almost 50 years did the US Immigrant filing for my family ( 7 in numbers), the filing was a 10 years application before it can be approved, but didn't work out. ( They gave her reasons that they contacted her by post and she didn't respond. But she said she didn't receive any post ). But if they really did, what stopped them from sending email or phone call? Well that's by the wayside. 3 year ago my other aunt who has been there for about 20+ years now did another filing for the family again which will also take another 10 years, but the Trump ban on Immigrant came up and i don't know if the ban affected the filing. 2018 my mom was giving invitation by her sister in US to visit them, unfortunate for her she went to the embassy and the VO immediately denied her visa as soon as they saw that she had an ongoing filing application.

My question is this...

Regarding the student application I'm about to take and because it's my aunt who is based in United State that wants to sponsor me, will it not be suspicious that when i come to school in US i will not go back or I'm trying to leave Nigeria based on the immigrant filing my aunt did for my family?

So days ago i was talking to a friend that got his visa rejected due to similar reasons ( He said when he applied for a visiting visa 4 years ago and the aunt has already filed for an immigrant visa for his family, but when the VO asked him if he has anyone in United State he said no. So he was rejected, the reason was because they checked his application form and they indexed his mother's name on their system and found out that his mom has a sister in United State through the ongoing filing the family has ).

I will also like to know if it's a better idea for me to use another sponsor for my student application and visa application and tell the VO that i don't have anyone in United State by changing my mom's first name and my dad's first name on the visa application form.

Or if i should just be transparent by filing the form that my aunt in United State is my sponsor, and i have been filed for the US immigrant before by my aunt who is based in United State and currently responsible for my education.

Please i have from now till next week to make decision because of the deadline of the school I'm applying for. I will find it difficult to stop the school application now because i have already applied for transcript from the University i graduated from and they said it will be ready by next week.

Please i would be glad if i get any advice or contribution on these questions. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
nathanji:
Good day all,
A friend introduced me to this great forum which I have gone through some of the pages and saw the benefit and help it has rendered to so many people.

I wouldn't advice you to change your mom's surname because you do not want the VO to know that two of your mom's sisters are citizens or permanent resident permit holders . even if they've filed for you and your family immigration visa before I don't think that is a problem, all lies in your application and the way you will convince the VO about your home ties and your plans on returning to Nigeria after your program. I think you should give it a try and you can use any of the family sponsors you feel might be best for you and secondly are your aunties in the same state with the university where you will be applying for your program? if it is not the same state, I am not seeing a problem there. when you go for your visa interview just make the VO know the purpose of you going to the US and the Lord will do the rest.

fear not.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hairbyuj(f): 5:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
Pls is there any available schools that won't accept application fee that I can apply for Fall.

Pls assist.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
EfTee14:
Good day House, please does anyone has link for General USA Visitors Visa enquiries...I will be glad if you can share..Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4#88686061
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nathanji: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
EmeritusR:

I wouldn't advice you to change your mom's surname because you do not want the VO to know that two of your mom's sisters are citizens or permanent resident permit holders . even if they've filed for you and your family immigration visa before I don't think that is a problem, all lies in your application and the way you will convince the VO about your home ties and your plans on returning to Nigeria after your program. I think you should give it a try and you can use any of the family sponsors you feel might be best for you and secondly are your aunties in the same state with the university where you will be applying for your program? if it is not the same state, I am not seeing a problem there. when you go for your visa interview just make the VO know the purpose of you going to the US and the Lord will do the rest.

fear not.

Thanks very much for this advice and encouragement. My aunties are not based anywhere close to the school i will apply for.
Once again, thanks for the encouragement. I will give it a try. Please do you know if i would be needing a statement of account of my own when going for the visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
nathanji:

Thanks very much for this advice and encouragement. My aunties are not based anywhere close to the school i will apply for.
Once again, thanks for the encouragement. I will give it a try. Please do you know if i would be needing a statement of account of my own when going for the visa interview?

well it depends on your cost of attendance and if may be you have the money to sponsor yourself. if you have the money in your account you can use it but if you do not have it, may be either of your parents or family member could support you and you will need their financial statement of account during your interview. although not all the time the VOs ask you to proof your sponsors statement of account by showing it, some of them might not ask you. only God handles everything on that day.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nathanji: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
EmeritusR:

well it depends on your cost of attendance and if may be you have the money to sponsor yourself. if you have the money in your account you can use it but if you do not have it, may be either of your parents or family member could support you and you will need their financial statement of account during your interview. although not all the time the VOs ask you to proof your sponsors statement of account by showing it, some of them might not ask you. only God handles everything on that day.

Thanks so much for the info. I will give it a try.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FieryJoe: 7:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
I'm applying for Spring 2021 just now to Springfield college!
Does that mean I can't meet up with Visa before then If admission is given?
Excuse my ignorance, I'm doing this for the first time with US...

TJ0987:
Hello Ma'am. Isn't it a bit too late to be applying for fall 2021 at this time? Or do you mean fall 2022? From what I heard, funding in GSU is really good, and their acceptance rate is high enough.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kpolli(m): 4:14am On Jan 23, 2021
nathanji:
Good day all,

I would like to apply for admission in the United State, Masters program in Southern New Hampshire University. Their ongoing admission is still on and the deadline is February 3rd.
Please I would like to ask some questions before I proceed with the application because I don't want to waste any money and time.

I have 2 Aunts ( my mom's sister's) who are based in the United States. 15 years ago one of them who has been in the US for almost 50 years did the US Immigrant filing for my family ( 7 in numbers), the filing was a 10 years application before it can be approved, but didn't work out. ( They gave her reasons that they contacted her by post and she didn't respond. But she said she didn't receive any post ). But if they really did, what stopped them from sending email or phone call? Well that's by the wayside. 3 year ago my other aunt who has been there for about 20+ years now did another filing for the family again which will also take another 10 years, but the Trump ban on Immigrant came up and i don't know if the ban affected the filing. 2018 my mom was giving invitation by her sister in US to visit them, unfortunate for her she went to the embassy and the VO immediately denied her visa as soon as they saw that she had an ongoing filing application.

My question is this...

Regarding the student application I'm about to take and because it's my aunt who is based in United State that wants to sponsor me, will it not be suspicious that when i come to school in US i will not go back or I'm trying to leave Nigeria based on the immigrant filing my aunt did for my family?

So days ago i was talking to a friend that got his visa rejected due to similar reasons ( He said when he applied for a visiting visa 4 years ago and the aunt has already filed for an immigrant visa for his family, but when the VO asked him if he has anyone in United State he said no. So he was rejected, the reason was because they checked his application form and they indexed his mother's name on their system and found out that his mom has a sister in United State through the ongoing filing the family has ).

I will also like to know if it's a better idea for me to use another sponsor for my student application and visa application and tell the VO that i don't have anyone in United State by changing my mom's first name and my dad's first name on the visa application form.

Or if i should just be transparent by filing the form that my aunt in United State is my sponsor, and i have been filed for the US immigrant before by my aunt who is based in United State and currently responsible for my education.

Please i have from now till next week to make decision because of the deadline of the school I'm applying for. I will find it difficult to stop the school application now because i have already applied for transcript from the University i graduated from and they said it will be ready by next week.

Please i would be glad if i get any advice or contribution on these questions. Thanks and God bless.

SNHU? Don't use that school. Apply to another school. It's known as an online school so how will you convince the VO that you can't just do the course online instead

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 5:39am On Jan 23, 2021
EncephalonPikin:

grin grin grin grin Make I join you swear for them

Lol! We're plenty doing this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uriel12: 9:33am On Jan 23, 2021
Good morning NL.
Is it a red flag when a US F-1 applicant applies for a test optional school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2021
Do you think the visa official knows or cares about which school is test-optional? Just apply to any accredited schools that's not an online program. But still do the standardized test just to have it.

Uriel12:
Good morning NL.
Is it a red flag when a US F-1 applicant applies for a test optional school?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FieryJoe: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2021
Is it a must to still do GRE if your school exempt it? I have PTE already...

kastgeraldino:
Do you think the visa official knows or cares about which school is test-optional? Just apply to any accredited schools that's not an online program. But still do the standardized test just to have it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.