Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,895 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654390 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2021
Magma012:
Students already in the USA ��, how do you survive?

I’m in Germany �� and am ready to get some information about this...

Thank you

In addition, people who have traveled can share their traveling experience and advice on the thread so that people can have more information when their time comes.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2021
For those that have traveled for the spring session, or resuming for in-class, I wish you all God's best in your studies. Please don't forget this thread, once awhile we would love to read your traveling experience to the states, tips and advice for others coming too. I love the one that someone on the thread share the last time about things like phones, electrical mouth, pepper etc.

18 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatadams: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2021
Is there anybody here preparing for the SAT is there any sort of whatapp group or we create one to help in the studying by sharing tips and materials

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 24, 2021
Hello and Happy Sunday�! Please is there anyone here who was denied in Lagos consulate and approved at Abuja here? I'll like to ask a few questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MOgunleye(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2021
This is not always true. Some schools offer application fee waivers and still give admission and funding.

horlahsunbo225:

For your own good schools that offer public application waiver are den of rejection, so I'll advise you to stay away from them.

And next time you're applying try and use your unofficial GRE scores report for admission purpose and when you eventually get admission and you decided to attend you can send your official scores to your desire school.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 11:39am On Jan 24, 2021
Juwon21:
For those that have traveled for the spring session, or resuming for in-class, I wish you all God's best in your studies. Please don't forget this thread, once awhile we would love to read your traveling experience to the states, tips and advice for others coming too. I love the one that someone on the thread share the last time about things like phones, electrical mouth, pepper etc.

Yes ooh we aspirants need every info we could get rn biko...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2021
Greatadams:
Is there anybody here preparing for the SAT is there any sort of whatapp group or we create one to help in the studying by sharing tips and materials

Second this bro. Never written SAT all my life, maybe you should go ahead and set the group up then share link for all :-)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dkizzy01: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
Pls help

dkizzy01:
I want to pursue a postgraduate degree in supply chain as I have working experience in supply chain.

But my original course is Environmental science and Resources management.

Questions.

1, am married can my uncle sponsor me with state of account and letter of sponsorship. Will the accept it or what is the way to do it.

2, which of the above cost do you suggest I go for?

3. Are there schools that can grant me scholarship or any school with low tuition you can advise.

4. Will they require English exams?

God bless you for your kind response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Izanghi(m): 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
MOgunleye:
This is not always true. Some schools offer application fee waivers and still give admission and funding.

That's true my brother, especially during this covid 19 period, if you have publications, did conference presentations, have a very good cgpa (>4.0) with masters with a good SOP, you'll be taken before GRE students, many of the professors i have spoken to don't take that serious, they want to know if you can do research which GRE will not tell them alone.
When i was about to applying, i searched for schools that waived GRE and mailed their graduate admission officer that i want to applied for phd and told them my condition that i don't have finance to do the GRE (lols) but showed them what i have to offer the department, to my amazement they said they will not consider GRE for me and told me that they will waive it for me, am talking about tier 1 universities. In fact, by God's grace, two faculty members of that department have agreed to supervised me.
Have seen international students with no GRE that got admitted to duke, Ohio state university without that exam for this 2021 fall admission and got admitted with funding in my course forum.
N.B: there's no rule to it, each school has her our style of admission. Oregon state university (tier 1) asked students to send mail for GRE waiver. UCLA, University of Tennessee, Iowa state university, university of Washington, Ohio state university, etc (dem plenty) which are great schools.
So do your research and talked to their admission officers, they will gladly reply if they'll waive it for you or not but give a convincing reason for not doing it. But if you don't have those experience I wrote up please do GRE

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
MOgunleye:

From what I said, it's for his own good cos most of them are looking for just applicant

BTW can you name two schools offering public application fee waiver, and generous in funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
LeviAckerman:

3.2/4
Kent state university
Bowling green state university
Eastern Carolina university

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MOgunleye(m): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
I don't think we are speaking about the same thing. I was speaking about Application fee waivers, not GRE waivers.

In my little experience, I think sending your GRE score when it is waived is based on the school and professors. Some still want it, while some would tell you they don't want it at all. I have also heard professors say kindly send it, even though the school waives it.

Izanghi:

That's true my brother, especially during this covid 19 period, if you have publications, did conference presentations, have a very good cgpa (>4.0) with masters with a good SOP, you'll be taken before GRE students, many of the professors i have spoken to don't take that serious, they want to know if you can do research which GRE will not tell them alone.
When i was about to applying, i searched for schools that waived GRE and mailed their graduate admission officer that i want to applied for phd and told them my condition that i don't have finance to do the GRE (lols) but showed them what i have to offer the department, to my amazement they said they will not consider GRE for me and told me that they will waive it for me, am talking about tier 1 universities. In fact, by God's grace, two faculty members of that department have agreed to supervised me.
Have seen international students with no GRE that got admitted to duke, Ohio state university without that exam for this 2021 fall admission and got admitted with funding in my course forum.
N.B: there's no rule to it, each school has her our style of admission. Oregon state university (tier 1) asked students to send mail for GRE waiver. UCLA, University of Tennessee, Iowa state university, university of Washington, Ohio state university, etc (dem plenty) which are great schools.
So do your research and talked to their admission officers, they will gladly reply if they'll waive it for you or not but give a convincing reason for not doing it. But if you don't have those experience I wrote up please do GRE

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MOgunleye(m): 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yes, I agree with you, just not totally. Some schools like NYU that started sending out public waivers after their priority deadline closed are just looking for applicants to further reduce their acceptance rate. However, some schools genuinely offer waivers publicly and give funding. They do it early.

UC Irvine
Tulane University
Northeastern University

Stevens Institute of Tech gives admission but very low chance of funding, you need to secure a professor very early to get funding.

horlahsunbo225:

From what I said, it's for his own good cos most of them are looking for just applicant

BTW can you name two schools offering public application fee waiver, and generous in funding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xcelpro: 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
MOgunleye:

Can you please recommend some schools that do this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solihp(f): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
KemLaughs:
Hello and Happy Sunday�! Please is there anyone here who was denied in Lagos consulate and approved at Abuja here? I'll like to ask a few questions.

I was, in 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
MOgunleye:
Yes, I agree with you, just not totally. Some schools like NYU that started sending out public waivers after their priority deadline closed are just looking for applicants to further reduce their acceptance rate However, some schools genuinely offer waivers publicly and give funding. They do it early.

UC Irvine
Tulane University
Northeastern University

Stevens Institute of Tech gives admission but very low chance of funding, you need to secure a professor very early to get funding.

Most of the schools are den of rejection as I said
Northeastern that you mention is another day's topic

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatadams: 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
TrillionBrains:

Second this bro. Never written SAT all my life, maybe you should go ahead and set the group up then share link for all :-)

Nice idea but I think Nairaland don’t allow sharing on link so mail me at adamsgreat15@gmail.com for the group link

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samsolite(m): 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
nathanji:
Good day all,
A friend introduced me to this great forum which I have gone through some of the pages and saw the benefit and help it has rendered to so many people.

I would like to apply for admission in the United State, Masters program in Southern New Hampshire University. Their ongoing admission is still on and the deadline is February 3rd.
Please I would like to ask some questions before I proceed with the application because I don't want to waste any money and time.

Please i would be glad if i get any advice or contribution on these questions. Thanks and God bless.

What program are you applying to at SNHU? I checked their website and most of what they're offering are online M.Sc programs.

Be sure to filter out your search by on-campus before going ahead to apply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Kent state university
Bowling green state university
Eastern Carolina university
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samsolite(m): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
Izanghi:

I'm not doubting you, but hope you know that most schools waived GRE for this year's application cycle due to the impact of COVID19.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Izanghi(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yes
samsolite:

I'm not doubting you, but hope you know that most schools waived GRE for this year's application cycle due to the impact of COVID19.
Yes, most of this schools waived GRE because of covid 19, that's what I said.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Greatadams:

Nice idea but I think Nairaland don’t allow sharing on link so mail me at adamsgreat15@gmail.com for the group link

Holla bro!
Just sent you a mail rn
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2021
zeeLady:
The american educationl journey will take money. People apply to as many schools as they can to boost their chances. I know people who applied to as many as 13 schools. It depends on you. Some people apply to one high end school, One average school and one "low" end school just to be safe. Some people also apply to only schools with less than $30 app fee. The choice is yours. The more schools you apply to, the more options you might have.

I'm actually going for an undergrad program for Fall

University of Central Arkansas
Milwaukee School of Engineering
SDSMT
Illinois Institute of Tech

My options aren't the most spicy but then its only undergrad and I think a transfer will still possible once am in the us or what to you think?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
Walspring:

Go ahead and send me mail. Looking forward to it.

Hey man, I think you're yet to reply your mail. Just sent you something couple hours ago cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Flaame(m): 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
TrillionBrains:

I'm actually going for an undergrad program for Fall

University of Central Arkansas
Milwaukee School of Engineering
SDSMT
Illinois Institute of Tech

My options aren't the most spicy but then its only undergrad and I think a transfer will still possible once am in the us or what to you think?
Hello bro/sis,I'm in the same category with you but the only difference is I'll be applying as a transfer student from a school in Cyprus to any school generous with findings, please how are these schools you posted here? Are they generous in funding? 09077862197 @whatsApp...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
Hey! I sent you a mail

solihp:

I was, in 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 6:49am On Jan 25, 2021
KemLaughs:
Me. Nov 13th 2020 and Jan 13th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sharon2438: 8:52am On Jan 25, 2021
Visa approved in Abuja. 2nd attempt. It was all God

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:53am On Jan 25, 2021
Congratulations dear
Transcript please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sharon2438: 10:13am On Jan 25, 2021
F1 & f2 visa approved 7:45am
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning. How's ur day going?
VO: Fine thank you. What's ur purpose for going to the US?
Me: To continue my MBA program
VO: I see you have a scholarship and loan
Me: Yes sir
VO: You have a deficit which u will be covering. Do u have your Soa
Me: passed but he didn't even look
VO: I can see here that the issue with the last interview was ur finances and you have been able to clear that up so i’l be issuing your visa.
Me: Thank you very much. Have a nice day
(my husband was the one who answered these questions as he is f1). He asked me why I want to go along and I mentioned that we just got married and for emotional support.
In all this, it was all God

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mobog(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2021
Sharon2438:
F1 & f2 visa approved 7:45am
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning. How's ur day going?
VO: Fine thank you. What's ur purpose for going to the US?
Me: To continue my MBA program
VO: I see you have a scholarship and loan
Me: Yes sir
VO: You have a deficit which u will be covering. Do u have your Soa
Me: passed but he didn't even look
VO: I can see here that the issue with the last interview was ur finances and you have been able to clear that up so i’l be issuing your visa.
Me: Thank you very much. Have a nice day
(my husband was the one who answered these questions as he is f1). He asked me why I want to go along and I mentioned that we just got married and for emotional support.
In all this, it was all God

I tap into the anointing... Expansion beyond your cost in the US

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mobog(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2021
Mobog:

I tap into the anointing... Expansion beyond your coast in the US

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.