Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644966 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 1:45pm On May 22, 2021
Good afternoon Mr fairheart.Please can you help me with materials for TOEFL? Thanks. kejufarmsenterprise@gmail.com quote author=fairheart post=101885907]GRE materials sent to all email address in my mention!

I must warn some of you here: stop bombing universities that you see on approved transcript.
The U.S has over 5000 colleges and universities. Why must 2500 Nigerians apply to a single school, when there are several other schools with even better admission chance and financial opportunities?

I hate to say this, but you need to do your own home work. There's nothing wrong in searching for your own schools, contacting your program department on possibility for admission and financial support before you apply. All you need is time and focus. If you can't do it, seek help. Do not avoid the work as it may land you in disappointment. Be intentional about your dream of studying abroad and be willing to pay the price.

By avoiding the work and only applying to schools you see on Nairaland, you deny yourself the possibility of applying to better school with better opportunities that would help secure your visa and make your stay in the U.S smooth.

I wish prospective applicants having interview for fall 2021 the best.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dotman23(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2021
Good morning,
1.Please kindly enlighten me on how one can pay for the school application fee , I have my union bank MasterCard with me, can I follow the procedure and pay online.

2. Is it risky to message the graduate coordinator about the option of an application fee waiver...NB ,( Toefl &GRE had been waived automatically).
Kindly advise please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elmafelix: 2:47pm On May 22, 2021
Congratulations man. Any one writing GRE and hope to connect? Secondly can you advice Registration centres in Lagos for GRE

Picricchem:

Embassy Location: Abuja

School name: Kennesaw State University, metro Atlanta Georgia.

Program: Ms. Chemistry.

UG Degree : Chemistry.

GRE & Toefl Scores if there is Any: 304 no toefl.

GPA : 3.07 Wes (2.2 gpa)

Financial Aid/Funding:
GTA : 32,300
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K
Sponsor: Uncle

I heard about Kennesaw state university from Brown2green. May God bless him.

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I am so happy right now. Only God could have done this.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Vo: good morning
Me: good morning sir.
Vo: do you have up to six months on this passport.
Me: yes sir. It will remain six months tomorrow.
Vo: where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Vo: oh, I see.
Me: yes sir. In fact my assistantship was kept for me.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo : why do you want to have this degree?
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
I'm currently eyeing Nestlé, OLAM, and Unilever.
Vo: where are you working presently?
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Me: No sir.
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me : named him.
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Vo: didn't get OLAM so I spelt for him.
Vo: why does he want to sponsor you?
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
Vo: the money is in your account?
Me: No sir. In his account.
Vo: do you have his statement?
Me: yes I do. Gave him.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.
Me: still standing at his front like I was in another world.
Vo: you are free to go.

Hallelujah!
The security there said it was the longest interview.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. Thanks so much!

Spence, thanks so much for words of wisdom.

Pepe my brother, I love you so much.

Glory be to God!

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GreatUniben: 3:25pm On May 22, 2021
Contact Fairheart, he helped me paid mine in less than 24 hours without stress.

Chiall:
Please I need help on how to pay my SEVIS fee.
I will be very grateful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Steph1738aye: 3:36pm On May 22, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Thank you soo much.
Stephieebabi@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 3:39pm On May 22, 2021
Dotman23:
Good morning,
1.Please kindly enlighten me on how one can pay for the school application fee , I have my union bank MasterCard with me, can I follow the procedure and pay online.

2. Is it risky to message the graduate coordinator about the option of an application fee waiver...NB ,( Toefl &GRE had been waived automatically).
Kindly advise please

It isn't risky. A request doesn't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 4:06pm On May 22, 2021
fairheart:
GRE materials sent to all email address in my mention!

I must warn some of you here: stop bombing universities that you see on approved transcript.
The U.S has over 5000 colleges and universities. Why must 2500 Nigerians apply to a single school, when there are several other schools with even better admission chance and financial opportunities?

I hate to say this, but you need to do your own home work. There's nothing wrong in searching for your own schools, contacting your program department on possibility for admission and financial support before you apply. All you need is time and focus. If you can't do it, seek help. Do not avoid the work as it may land you in disappointment. Be intentional about your dream of studying abroad and be willing to pay the price.

By avoiding the work and only applying to schools you see on Nairaland, you deny yourself the possibility of applying to better school with better opportunities that would help secure your visa and make your stay in the U.S smooth.

I wish prospective applicants having interview for fall 2021 the best.

Please assist with the GRE materials. abdullahijamiu45@gmail.com Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rhonah: 4:11pm On May 22, 2021
Systrom:
Always state if it was Lagos or Abuja that issued or denied the visa

That information helps a lot

So which is yours ?
Please tell us how it helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 4:29pm On May 22, 2021
Chiall:
Ok. I tried reaching out via the PM stuff. I don't know how. But you can reach me through the email I left on your thread. Don't know if it's allowed to drop phone numbers here.

Kindly check your email because because I have message you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 4:37pm On May 22, 2021
fairheart:
Msckelvin7@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracker01(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2021
NigerianScholar:

Please send your number again. The admin didn't add you

Please I would like to be added to the interview group also.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesegun14: 4:43pm On May 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I kindly need your honest assessment of my mock interview. My interview is next week, please help me to scrutinize it. Thank you.

MY MOCK TRANSCRIPT

VO: Pass your passport and I-20
Me: I passed the 1-20 to him/her
VO: What is taking you to the United States?
Me: To study for my masters in Computer science at Texas Southern University.
VO: What would this degree do for you?
I will be well equipped as a data scientist (because my thesis will be on data science) to work on data related problems for big data companies and also as a lecturer of data science at my Alma Mata.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: Three universities
VO: How many admitted you?
Me: Two Universities gave me admission
VO: What are the schools?
Me: University of Houston, Texas Southern University and Hallmark University
VO: Which of the universities gave you admission?
Me: Texas Southern University and Hallmark University
VO: How does this course fit into what you're doing?

Me: As a computer scientist I want to take a career leap, using my new skill as a data scientist to help companies and government parastatals to solve their various data related issues, building data structured platforms using simple and up to date query and programming language. And also teach students to become a better data scientist.
VO: What is your study plan/What are the courses you’ll be taking?
Me: Completion of thirty (30) semester credit hours to be completed over a two-year period, with thesis on building data structured problem solving software using python programming.
Part of the course I’ll be taking is Algorithmic Analysis, Data Structures, Operating system, Theory of Computation and others

VO: Who’s paying for this?
Me: My brother
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is an architect, he owns a construction company, a school and bottle water factory

V.O: What would you do when you come back to Nigeria?
Me: I will be returning to my Alma Mata to get a lecturing job and also work as consultant to big data companies, building data problem solving platforms using various query language and easy to understanding programming language. Providing advice on how to handle their various challenges using data query or analysis.

VO: What is your highest degree?
Me: B-Tech in Computer Science

VO: When did you acquire it?
Me: 2010

VO: what have you been doing since then?
Me: After my NYSC, I worked initially at my brothers company as a project/procurement manager, then I joined **** as the IT Project manager, where I was in charge of IT projects like networking, Data analysis, web content development & management and E-Learning project with University of Ibadan’s Open Distance Learning & University of portharcourt . I later joined *** *as the Program Officer, where I manage and update the web content, organize various training programs towards youth empowerment and organizing scholarship for brilliant but indigent student in Nigerian universities.

VO: Is your program 3years?
Me: No, it’s a 2 year program, 21 months to be precise

VO: do you have any relative in the USA?
Me: No. I do not have any relative. My brother visit often, but he is based in Nigeria.

V.O: Why this program?
Me: I have found out that problems many big organization faces can be resolve using data based applications. My intention is to equip myself as a data scientist to build various data based platforms that can be used to address these issues. With my technical and professional experience at Texas southern university, I’m fully convinced I can handle it. I will also go into lecturing to impart others with these knowledge.

V.O: Have you traveled out of Nigeria?
Me: No, I have not had any reason to do so
V.O: what’s your academic background?
Me: I studied computer science at ***** University

VO: How did you know about the school?
VO: I first heard about the school from one of my lecturers at *** university, he did his MSc program at the school. I also did an extensive online research about the school.

V.O: why Texas Southern University?

Me: Texas Southern University Provide working computer professionals with advanced educational experiences that support their ability to perform at an advanced level in their work environments, they also prepare students for additional study toward the Ph.D. in Computer Science.

V.O: what’s your research interest?
Me: Data structure, Data mining, python programming, SQL query (Database Administration), handling various organization problem building data problem solving platforms.

V.O: why USA?
Me: US universities provide quality education, unique curriculum that is flexible, multicultural environment among others
V.O: are you married?
Me: Yes
V.O: Do you have Kid(s)?
Me: Yes.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GracedG: 5:19pm On May 22, 2021
Hi, please does anyone know if one can apply for B1/B2 Visa, and is it possible to get an earlier date. Please its urgent. I will appreciate your kind response thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2021
Y’all should stop littering this thread with mock or proposed transcripts

We need actual transcripts

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Josh121(m): 5:36pm On May 22, 2021
Systrom:
Y’all should stop littering this thread with mock or proposed transcripts

We need actual transcripts

Are you kidding us here , you don’t know it help build confidence and people that have gone for interview will be able to help where one is wrong

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ikenna04: 5:57pm On May 22, 2021
Asiwaju101:
Good morning everyone

To everyone pursuing undergraduate studies this fall, dm to join UG mock interview group.

Only UG students pls
pm me I'm an undergraduate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 6:25pm On May 22, 2021
fairheart:

Hello, please I want you to help with my sevis fee payment.
I sent a DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2021
For those of you posting mock transcripts, I'll advice you either join groups where you have someone act like a VO and interview you or you have a friend scrutinize for you or better still post the challenging questions to which you haven't found an ideal answer. But posting your entire "to-be" transcript here won't do much good and it's misleading too.

Why I'm saying this, Most people juxtapose mock transcripts for actual transcripts. It's confusing.

You don't have to post the entire transcript. Just post the question (s) that is/are challenging to you and your overhead response. Instead of the entirety of transcript. And then people can look into and provide their feedback for you to modify.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by arcTY(m): 6:36pm On May 22, 2021
fairheart:
God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2021
Anyone here recently admitted for Fall2021 in NCAT...let's connect

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dotman23(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2021
abdullahi45:

It isn't risky. A request doesn't hurt.
Thank you very much.. Please how do I pay the Uni's application fee..can I pay online with my Master card
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dearpiriye: 7:31pm On May 22, 2021
NigPatriot:
For those of you posting mock transcripts, I'll advice you either join groups where you have someone act like a VO and interview you or you have a friend scrutinize for you or better still post the challenging questions to which you haven't found an ideal answer. But posting your entire "to-be" transcript here won't do much good and it's misleading too.

Why I'm saying this, Most people juxtapose mock transcripts for actual transcripts. It's confusing.

You don't have to post the entire transcript. Just post the question (s) that is/are challenging to you and your overhead response. Instead of the entirety of transcript. And then people can look into and provide their feedback for you to modify.

This is like one of the key things this thread does. Please let’s not discourage open communication. If everyone are in WhatsApp groups information not be available for we coming behind

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chidekings(m): 8:39pm On May 22, 2021
Dotman23:
Thank you very much.. Please how do I pay the Uni's application fee..can I pay online with my Master card
please which university is this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yo12345: 9:30pm On May 22, 2021
Good day everyone, I just noticed I made a little mistake on my DS160 form (Bachelors degree completion date: September 2015 instead of January 2015 ) and I am about to make the correction which according to my research would create a new application number. Please I would like to know if this change is important and if so, is there a way to make the change without canceling my appointment?

Can I go to the appointment with the old DS160 form I used to book the appointment and the newly corrected form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KingSonny: 10:16pm On May 22, 2021
Good day people..
Please I made some mistakes with my ds160 form and I would like to edit it.. how is that possible? My interview is first week of June
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 22, 2021
Yo12345:
Good day everyone, I just noticed I made a little mistake on my DS160 form (Bachelors degree completion date: September 2015 instead of January 2015 ) and I am about to make the correction which according to my research would create a new application number. Please I would like to know if this change is important and if so, is there a way to make the change without canceling my appointment?
Can I go to the appointment with the old DS160 form I used to book the appointment and the newly corrected form?
go back and edit if you haven’t submitted if you have fill a new one and update it on your cgi profile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yo12345: 10:32pm On May 22, 2021
Malone122:
go back and edit if you haven’t submitted if you have fill a new one and update it on your cgi profile

Thanks for the response. I have submitted and booked an appointment, to update the new DS160 means I’ll have to cancel and reschedule. Thanks I was hoping I wouldn’t have to cancel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 22, 2021
fairheart:

Davidson.ighalo@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:31pm On May 22, 2021
Yo12345:

Thanks for the response. I have submitted and booked an appointment, to update the new DS160 means I’ll have to cancel and reschedule. Thanks I was hoping I wouldn’t have to cancel

You can fill a new DS-160 but with a new confirmation number. Go back to your appointment portal and click on updates profile. Go to DS-160 confirmation number and change it to the new number. Then click on reprint/ send to email. The new DS-160 confirmation number will appear on the visa appointment letter sent to your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:32pm On May 22, 2021
KingSonny:
Good day people..
Please I made some mistakes with my ds160 form and I would like to edit it.. how is that possible? My interview is first week of June

If you haven't submitted you can edit it otherwise you can retrieve and edit with a new DS-160 confirmation number.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aloysius20(m): 11:34pm On May 22, 2021
Yo12345:

It frankly doesn't look like a serious issue. It's still same 2015. But if you're so worried, fill a new DS form and update your CGI profile with the DS number.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:43pm On May 22, 2021
NigPatriot:

I think it is better if full or part transcripsts is posted here for review. Part Transcripsts in terms of where you have a challenge & full if you want to know what areas needs corrections. Transcripts corrections is good but Transcripsts delivery is more significant. How you deliver your Transcripsts is more important. Audio mock interviews is nice but video mock interviews is better. I suggest for those doing mock interviews it is better to have it with those who have had rejects( like 3 or more rejects at the US embassy) cos they have more experience in those areas or those who have conducted several mock interviews with F1 students. I actually do mock interviews but it is not free because it is my time. I have to monetize the time because I could have used it for other productive business. I don't charge before but when I noticed guys where giving my information to agents who are making loads of money from it I started charging.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.