Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644934 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2021
TWoods:

You will likely be denied. A nursing degree from most community colleges is a basic LPN. You should look for nursing schools instead…University of Rochester School of Nursing is one I recommend.

This information is wrong and highly misleading. First, an LPN is not even a nursing degree, it is a nondegree certificate. An ADN is a nursing degree, and most community colleges (pretty much every community college that has a nursing program) offers the ADN. And what in the world is "look for nursing schools instead?" undecided Aren't both the LPN and ADN offered in nursing schools? Or are they offered in Law schools lol?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 7:43am On Jun 13, 2021
TitilayoAde:
Hi, I am new here. I wanted to do nursing (Associate Degree) in the US. Can anyone recommend a community college that is accepting International students? I have searched the internet but I wasn't getting enough info. Please help a sister out if you are currently doing nursing or about to. Thanks in advance!

Hey, pretty much EVERY community college accepts international students. Search for "community colleges with nursing programs" and you're good to go. Or better still, just search for "best ADN programs in the US" Here is a list of 485 of such programs for you to start with:
https://www.rncareers.org/guides/top-100-adn-programs-in-the-united-states/

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 8:20am On Jun 13, 2021
TWoods:

And? How is that anyone's problem?

If you have a problem searching for a school that is a proper fit for you, why should the school others are admitted to suddenly be the proper fit for you? Perhaps what you need to do is re-evaluate your career goals and reason for studying in the US.

You have things upside down, the naija mentality is one where no one wants to put in any effort... they just want to crib from others.
There are different kind of people on this forum, there are people too lazy to search, there are people not lucky with d hardwork they have put in. If someone is too lazy,grad school is quite rigorous it will always come back to hunt him/her. That I drop name of my school doesn't mean it will suddenly become a proper fit for another. Schools give admission n funding based on the application put together. And I am not looking for school sir.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by James241: 8:28am On Jun 13, 2021
Thank you
tunapawizzy:

I dont think there's any section for that, you might just have to be creative enough to bring up your child during the interview( thats if the VO doesnt ask you if you have a child). For example, what will you do after the program OR what will this program do for you? This program will give me the opportunity to blablablablabla , and i will also be able to effectively mentor my son who wants to become a ..........( mention a career u can mentor with the knowledge u will be getting).
Not sure if its a good suggestion but i think it should be.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2021
TWoods:
This is chockful of contradictions.

This more than fair. However, what folks are demanding aren't scoops, funding opportunities or vacancies. They are demanding for names of schools. Even if... the info you're asking for is publically available online to everyone. It isn't hidden.

This is silly. There is a reason the "block" feature exists. You can't threaten to harass someone because you're too lazy to do your own work.

Again, this all boils down to laziness or fear of approaching folks you don't know. Every University that admits international students has an International Student Office. It is their job to provide you this information. Part of your admission letter comes with an information pack that provides you all the information you need in terms of cost of living, what facilities (e.g. transportation, city sites, temporary or permanent housing, banking, etc.) are available to you. Some schools have someone to pick you up at the airport. Many of the questions asked here can be answered simply by speaking with your ISO or program coordinator.

So what is the point of your post?

You can be inspired by the story to do your own work... the name of the school isn't necessary.

Buhahahaha. Contradictions yeah. Lol. I heard you o, because apparently you have chosen to read my post the way you want.

One, you put it as if demanding for name of schools is exclusive to having access to the kind of opportunities that can count as scoops and vacancies, and what not. You can't even begin to unravel the many possibilities that can come with having that info--no one can.

Two, you say it is silly. I don't dispute that. Whether it is silly or not is not my point. In your haste to comment, you forget that I am merely stating a fact that that is inevitable. How you choose to respond to it is your own kettle of fish--which is not my point at all. And how you conclude by framing it this way ' threaten to harass' beats me. That just tries to push the discussion into another terrain entirely. But then, it is well.

Three, shaking my head. Of course the ISO provides all the information you need. But can you ever have too much information. And why can't you approach your country fellow for additional information, especially if the individual already resides there. Like, are you really saying that is needless, because I am reading your words and literarily shaking my head. I mean, many 'potential' schools provide all the information you need to apply and stuff, and yet people come here to ask for clarity pre- and post-application procedure. You can't even envisage the kind of question people need to ask, so chalking it up to only taking the advice of the ISO or that being enough is a mute point jare. I am sure you have given pieces of advice to people that would have been given by their schools. So, your point does not even fly at all. And attributing the need to reach out to country fellows to fearing or being lazy to reach out to other nationals is just a terrible argument. Hasty conclusion. And disappointing.

4. What is the point of my post because I said I (me o, which means it doesn't affect me) don't care if anybody hides. Lol. You sef.

5. Again, bro, you cannot prescribe what can inspire something for someone. You may be surprised that the name of the school will prompt a chain reaction. Come on, can you research all the schools in the US. Plus, while this might suggest encouraging laziness, the truth is sometimes, like an interview boiling down to a VO, sometimes choosing one school over the other is what determines an admission. And that is just the sad truth. And no one can put that part of the process to a science.

This is not a fight, and I tire of arguments. So, essentially, because I wouldn't want to drag this further, my point is yll should do what feels right to you, but consider the reason why you are hiding.

Shalom.

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2021
tunapawizzy:

There are different kind of people on this forum, there are people too lazy to search, there are people not lucky with d hardwork they have put in. If someone is too lazy,grad school is quite rigorous it will always come back to hunt him/her. That I drop name of my school doesn't mean it will suddenly become a proper fit for another. Schools give admission n funding based on the application put together. And I am not looking for school sir.

Abi na. I mean while we can agree that people take this too far by Just wanting names of schools to apply to--the truth is that that will only back fire, and should not even be anybody's worry if truly that is the reason people are hiding. I mean that is as crystal clear as anything. If you apply to as school without working your ass off for it, it will tell. And you will pay.

But concluding that people ask for name of schools to them needing those schools to apply or because they are lazy is a willingly blind argument and pretentious because you can't know that--you are not all-knowing. But then people rationalize different.

So, I have chosen to rest my case.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2021
Damilare68:

.......Some of these inquiries can even be years further down the line, after you have graduated. People search out posts on LinkedIn don't they, to reach out to students of particular schools. You might have even graduated. Sometimes using specific keywords helps make the process easier. At any point in time.

PS: the use of you is a generic reference to those who fall into that category.
I think the issue is the hasty generalization that whoever has not found what he/she is looking for, is not hardworking enough. If one is hardworking with the right information at their disposal, e dey be like vector quantity. Why should I bother about a lazy man, u can never mask laziness for so long, especially in graduate school, they will be found out.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by COMFORTeconz: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2021
nurexfutmx:
Please, is there anyone heading to University of Utah this fall?

Pls, I have a question. I intend applying to this school for spring session. Do they require some sort of deposit before issuing I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2021
Jamesp008:
Good Evening house. I had been following nairaland for quite sometime now, reading all the Visa transcripts and hoping for an approval on my date as well. Anyways dream came through two days ago on june 10th, 2021 when I got approved at the Lagos embassy. My interview was slated for 7:45am but I had gotten to Walter C. By 5:40am and people were already there(shey dem dey sleep there nih��) . Anyways here is my visa transcript between I and the v.o. I was interviewed by the first V.O in window 1, he was quite advanced in age. I wore a floral shirt and sandals ��

NB: i am an undergraduate student

V.O: Pass me your passport and I-20 ( baba no even dey smile, he just denied about 3 people in front of me lol)
Me: passed the document and I said Good morning sir( he just looked up and murmured Good morning too, I noticed he was closely studying my I-20)
V.O: What's your travel plans( that was the same first question he had been asking everyone that came to him and I figured out that he meant that what are you planning to travel for)
Me: I am planning to go and study Engineering Science at the LU of Penn(I said it in full tho) located at (the full address of the school)
V.O: What's your course ( I actually knew why he asked the question , there was engineering general on my I-20 but i said engineering science but i had discovered that earlier and had spoken to my DS0 about it and she had given me the reason why it was like that and I printed out our email conversations and took it along with me so I answered)
Me: I am going to study engineering science but it is listed as engineering general on my I-20 because when I had conversations with my DSO she told me that all fresh men are technically undeclared until their second semester of the freshman year but they understand for travel purposes I will need to indicate my major so that's why it is like that .. I have the proof of our conversation here
V.O: How did you get information about the program
Me: Well I came from a high school where international education is well appreciated through the educational counsellor we have, reason why most of my seniors have gone on to pursue their tertiary education in the USA and are back here in Nigeria doing good for themselves so when it came to my turn I just had to reach out to them to get info about good engineering schools and I took that information.....(V.O cuts in)
V.O: Who is your sponsor?
Me: Although I have a full tuition scholarship, the remaining of my living expenses will be taken of by my Aunt, who is my mum's junior sister
My aunty is a chief accountant at the voice of nigeria, a radio station owned by the Federal Gov of Nigeria, she also has one of the largest farm projects in Lagos and Ogun states plus she has a lot of investments in real estate as well ( NB: at the point where I mentioned full tuition scholarship, he fixed his eyes on me and we were now maintaining eye contact.)

Then he said I will be approving your F1 visa you can pick up your passport at the so so so so ( I didn't even hear the rest) I was so damn happy
Goodluck to everyone who is going to the embassy

Congratulations!!! We will testify too.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2021
tunapawizzy:

I think the issue is the hasty generalization that whoever has not found what he/she is looking for, is not hardworking enough. If one is hardworking with the right information at their disposal, e dey be like vector quantity. Why should I bother about a lazy man, u can never mask laziness for so long, especially in graduate school, they will be found out.

Yo. Abi na. I mean if we are actually to go all the way with that rationale, there probably won't be any reason to post here or have this platform because everything that is needed to run this matter is online. And you can research it for yourself. And that makes any provided info quite unnecessary and could be hidden at the discretion of the poster.

After all, all the entries here are posts from people backed by the desire to share a part of their journey. Everyone can decide not to post transcripts. Or respond to any inquiry. Or post anything. Right?

In fact, Nigerians can tire you out with their reasoning sometimes.

I mean, I also think that it is quite bad to apply somewhere because others got in, but my reaction to that would be to encourage people not to do that. I wouldn't say people should not post their schools because others will want to apply there or not do their bit as required. Is that not a false messainic complex running undercurrent to and powering that thought: *indirectly* worried that people will get in because you got in, as if any part of your profile is the key--as if the school does not have it is vetting process.

I think if you flip it either ways, the chances of getting in a school without adequate prep is abysmal to start with. So, how is it a concern to hide school because others won't do the work. I feel when duly and critically appraised, people might not be hiding names of schools because of the laziness of others--however funny that even sounds.

It is usually something else.

PS: It is easy to say people can choose to hide their school, after all it is their school and their choice to do what they want with any part of their profile. But stand aside from that narrative for a second, and imagine everybody doing that to every part of their profile and journey; you won't have this platform at all. If you can't understand that, then there is no point in having this conversation.

This narrative of your prerogative is how people justify hiding anything from the collective.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nurexfutmx(m): 10:58am On Jun 13, 2021
COMFORTeconz:

Pls, I have a question. I intend applying to this school for spring session. Do they require some sort of deposit before issuing I-20?

Deposit? NO

But for MBA program, you are required to pay $1000 deposit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2021
I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to defend. Some people pay to get schools and also pay education consultants to help with the applications but they only need to see people’s experience at the embassy. This has nothing to do with school choice. Some spend months doing the research themselves why can’t others do the same. All this justifications AINT necessary. So do your own work and learn from people’s experience at the embassy here

Damilare68:

But this is not entirely true. Some people get scoops on PhD funding appointments or vacancies from adverts posted here. Imagine someone applying to a funded PhD program whose advert was shared on this platform, like many we have been seeing, gets in and then shares a transcript and hides those details...

Of course, no one owes anybody any explanation. Also, I understand very well how people can be lazy and expect you to do all the work for them--frankly speaking, hiding both school and program details will not stop that. They can find you anywhere and still bombard you with that. Heck, your close and distant friends and fam can/will do that to you once you leave--gbagbe you can't escape it. So, if it is about that, then I think that is 'quite' a defeated campaign.

I even feel the reason for hiding might be more of 'other reasons' than because you don't want people to ask you questions or follow your track, because that is just unavoidable. Now the real question is are you helping other people by hiding or by not hiding. That is a pros and cons that people should weigh--unless you don't care, in which case this does not apply to you.

For instance, not everybody checks out your transcript in the future or now to know where to apply. Some need contacts to make practical inquiries after getting admission to those 'schools'. Some of these are about accomodation, and other details on resettling that only someone living or studying in that environment can offer.

Some of these inquiries can even be years further down the line, after you have graduated. People search out posts on LinkedIn don't they, to reach out to students of particular schools. You might have even graduated. Sometimes using specific keywords helps make the process easier. At any point in time.

Now imagine if everyone hid the name of their schools. Imagine if everyone was like you. Just imagine na.

And the funny thing is people will put up these schools on LinkedIn right, and hide it here. Is that not funny.

And last but not the least, sometimes sharing these schools inspire others. Especially the top ones. Like a friend of mine once said, Nigerians will share the bad stories and then hide it when they hit it big. The danger in that is you are actively contributing to a narrative that hurts people down the line... A narrative of defeat. Imagine people no sharing transcripts at all. The myth of oh, us visa this, us visa that will remain rooted in our collective as it once was.

Of course no one can force you to hide or reveal your school. But ask yourself pertinent questions and then reconsider that choice.

Frankly, I don't care if you do or not. But at least let people be inspired by your story if it is inspiring.

Alternatively, you can drop your school and mute the program . Or if na fear, wait till you there and share your transcript.

But then, to each their own style.

PS: the use of you is a generic reference to those who fall into that category.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2021
Laworldz:
I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to defend. Some people pay to get schools and also pay education consultants to help with the applications but they only need to see people’s experience at the embassy. This has nothing to do with school choice. Some spend months doing the research themselves why can’t others do the same. All this justifications AINT necessary. So do your own work and learn from people’s experience at the embassy here

I don't understand you. But yes sir/ma. Case closed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2021
Fully funded PhD in Comp. Engineering for Spring 2020 Missouri Uni of Sci and Tech.

https://twitter.com/iamkique_/status/1404021266168877064?s=19

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harveygordon: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good afternoon, everyone. My passport will expire in August and I'm yet to get the renewed passport since April. Is it safe to apply for Visa with the one that's about to expire so as not to delay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FutureSenator: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mcquine:
Who knows how to get a closer date for student visa?

My school resumes August and no closer date for appointment yet.

If you are within 60days of resumption, you can request for emergency visa interview.

Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Charles61: 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Pefuele:

COA: Cost of Attendance
Deficit: it can be what remains from your cost of attendance when the scholarship amount is removed from it. Or it may be your COA if you have no scholarships.

Thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
EricOse1:
Good evening everyone,
I want to thank everyone who have been of great help, God bless you all.

Please house I'm thinking about these,I don't know the one to take:
I have a B,sc. In human Physiology, since graduation unable to secure job in this line,so I dive into scaffolding and solar installation.
Now these are options I'm thinking in my mind to take:
1,To do master in Health safety(I'm thinking of this since my job experience has something to do with safety then connect it with my degree).Or
2, Master in public health Or
3, master in research in health related field (though I don't have any research background except during B,sc. Project).
Please I need help,I don't know which would give me a better chance. Please I need your opinions

You know your strength and your career objectives, so you need to be guided by these factors. Graduate program is about research, make sure you know what you want before you start the journey by not being confused about your career objectives.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Charles61: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
Please guru, what's the probability of someone with this profile getting visa.

Qualifications: HND Mechanical engineering
Year of graduation : 2012
NYSC : 2013-2014
Work experience: logistics 2015 - 2016
Manufacturing and production 2016-2020
I planned to apply to college for associates degree in mechanical engineering.

My questions. is applying to college and associates degree reasonable both from your perspective and to the VO.

Please I need your contribution please.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aishat89: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good afternoon every wonderfully made being in the house Trust you all are having a lovely Sunday? I'd be grateful if someone or the admin of the WhatsApp group created for guidance/ assistance regarding studying in the States wouldn't mind having me onboard ejorr... Just like i know no one wants to fail in his or her endeavor so do I especially when i've had to experience it 4 not so good times at the embassy... Trust me I don't want it happening again especially with the strong desire I have to succeed on this but it surpasses that alone as omo I just have to cross my t's and dot my i's.

With all the contributions here you all are changing people's lives for Good! That alone is priceless may God reward your good intentions ameeen ��. To everyone waiting to have and share his or her success story like myself, it's going to be made with ease and it will surely come to pass Sooner than we are anticipating Ameen ��.
I'm definitely not leaving out those that have been able to conquer the big elephant � I pray it brings you all unlimited blessing... Keep repping Yourself, Your family and Nigeria the best way you can to the World we need it all.

Pls i want to be on the WhatsApp group kindly talk me through how biko. This is an SOS call

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AmALeo: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Damilare68:

I don't understand you. But yes sir/ma. Case closed.

Case is not closed ooo. Pls kindly ask him to go pay for Education USA.
I've been following this thread since 2016, I applied for F1 and was delayed in 2018. Since then I've been doing every bit of research and I can't possibly count how many emails and calls I've put through to individuals regarding not just Admission but also funding. Just early this year, the Lord put it in my heart to do a search on NL based on my intended program of study, guess what. I saw a school here from someone's Transcript about my program and funding. I applied and the same profile I've been carrying for the past 4 years, which had gotten me admission in schools like Clark University, Northeastern University and Virginia Tech amongst others (7 in total), offered me funding.
What am I saying, coming here in itself is also part of this research we're talking about. Why refer people here if it wouldn't be resourceful to them, and pls no one is bullying anybody to post whatever but pointing this out is definitely a way of reminding everyone here why this platform exists. There were times it would seem I've given up, only to get buzzed by Walspring on the status of my processing.
We even need more than this platform, we need each other now and in future, as I believe the journey continues.
I've learnt a lot here and wouldn't wish anyone to go through all what I've been through and spend as much time just to get the same results as I've...
I know We all have our points but then certain things would only drop the standard here. I hope that someday I meet someone here or elsewhere that needs the info I have. It doesn't and wouldn't reduce me in any way and by the Grace of God I hope to soonest post my own comprehensive Transcript here.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Flexiblejb: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
good day house, i need help. i was denied visa last week and i wanted to reapply for another visa interview but the date available is above my resumption date. what can i do? because my school will resume by August and the date available on USA embassy site is September. please house i need advise embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AmALeo: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
AmALeo:

Case is not closed ooo. Pls kindly ask him to go pay for Education USA.
I've been following this thread since 2016, I applied for F1 and was delayed in 2018. Since then I've been doing every bit of research and I can't possibly count how many emails and calls I've put through to individuals regarding not just Admission but also funding. Just early this year, the Lord put it in my heart to do a search on NL based on my intended program of study, guess what. I saw a school here from someone's Transcript about my program and funding. I applied and the same profile I've been carrying for the past 4 years, which had gotten me admission in schools like Clark University, Northeastern University and Virginia Tech amongst others (7 in total), offered me funding.
What am I saying, coming here in itself is also part of this research we're talking about. Why refer people here if it wouldn't be resourceful to them, and pls no one is bullying anybody to post whatever but pointing this out is definitely a way of reminding everyone here why this platform exists. There were times it would seem I've given up, only to get buzzed by Walspring on the status of my processing.
We even need more than this platform, we need each other now and in future, as I believe the journey continues.
I've learnt a lot here and wouldn't wish anyone to go through all what I've been through and spend as much time just to get the same results as I've...
I know We all have our points but then certain things would only drop the standard here. I hope that someday I meet someone here or elsewhere that needs the info I have. It doesn't and wouldn't reduce me in any way and by the Grace of God I hope to soonest post my own comprehensive Transcript here.

I'll like to include that perhaps one of the reasons we have quite a handful of Nigerians in the USA and other parts of the world being out of status is because they may not have the wealth of info here!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Flexiblejb: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good day house, i need help. i was denied visa last week and i wanted to reapply for another visa interview but the date available is above my resumption date. what can i do? because my school will resume by August and the date available on USA embassy site is September. please house i need advise embarassed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Bigsecret:
I made a list of schools and followed them on IG, that’s what I did tbh
You saw their opening and closing date for applications on IG?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Charles61:
Please guru, what's the probability of someone with this profile getting visa.

Qualifications: HND Mechanical engineering
Year of graduation : 2012
NYSC : 2013-2014
Work experience: logistics 2015 - 2016
Manufacturing and production 2016-2020
I planned to apply to college for associates degree in mechanical engineering.

My questions. is applying to college and associates degree reasonable both from your perspective and to the VO.

Please I need your contribution please.

do an Msc g industrial Engr. It could be research or non thesis? Search for blowjobs thread i think, pretty similar situation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
neurosci:

This information is wrong and highly misleading. First, an LPN is not even a nursing degree, it is a nondegree certificate. An ADN is a nursing degree, and most community colleges (pretty much every community college that has a nursing program) offers the ADN. And what in the world is "look for nursing schools instead?" undecided Aren't both the LPN and ADN offered in nursing schools? Or are they offered in Law schools lol?

You could have simply assisted her and helped answer her questions instead.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
Damilare68:

Buhahahaha. Contradictions yeah. Lol. I heard you o, because apparently you have chosen to read my post the way you want.

One, you put it as if demanding for name of schools is exclusive to having access to the kind of opportunities that can count as scoops and vacancies, and what not. You can't even begin to unravel the many possibilities that can come with having that info--no one can.

Two, you say it is silly. I don't dispute that. Whether it is silly or not is not my point. In your haste to comment, you forget that I am merely stating a fact that that is inevitable. How you choose to respond to it is your own kettle of fish--which is not my point at all. And how you conclude by framing it this way ' threaten to harass' beats me. That just tries to push the discussion into another terrain entirely. But then, it is well.

Three, shaking my head. Of course the ISO provides all the information you need. But can you ever have too much information. And why can't you approach your country fellow for additional information, especially if the individual already resides there. Like, are you really saying that is needless, because I am reading your words and literarily shaking my head. I mean, many 'potential' schools provide all the information you need to apply and stuff, and yet people come here to ask for clarity pre- and post-application procedure. You can't even envisage the kind of question people need to ask, so chalking it up to only taking the advice of the ISO or that being enough is a mute point jare. I am sure you have given pieces of advice to people that would have been given by their schools. So, your point does not even fly at all. And attributing the need to reach out to country fellows to fearing or being lazy to reach out to other nationals is just a terrible argument. Hasty conclusion. And disappointing.

4. What is the point of my post because I said I (me o, which means it doesn't affect me) don't care if anybody hides. Lol. You sef.

5. Again, bro, you cannot prescribe what can inspire something for someone. You may be surprised that the name of the school will prompt a chain reaction. Come on, can you research all the schools in the US. Plus, while this might suggest encouraging laziness, the truth is sometimes, like an interview boiling down to a VO, sometimes choosing one school over the other is what determines an admission. And that is just the sad truth. And no one can put that part of the process to a science.

This is not a fight, and I tire of arguments. So, essentially, because I wouldn't want to drag this further, my point is yll should do what feels right to you, but consider the reason why you are hiding.

Shalom.

We can agree to disagree. All the best to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
blexin094:
Good morning all. I’ve taking my time to go through at least three previous threads. To be honest, I’ve learnt enough about schooling inUS. I’m currently a Msc student in Unilag studying Statistics. 3.9/5 g.p.a in my undergraduate. I intend applying for a fully funded PhD in U.S once I’m done with my Msc. My question, is GRE only okay for me or I’ll need to do either TOEFL or IELTS? Also, how can I get at least 3 colleges that’ll grant me fully funded scholarship? Gurus in the house should pls help.

You're a Masters student, I expect better from you.

Double down and start your research. A PhD is not guguru and ekpa

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NoFap123: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
TWoods:

And? How is that anyone's problem?

If you have a problem searching for a school that is a proper fit for you, why should the school others are admitted to suddenly be the proper fit for you? Perhaps what you need to do is re-evaluate your career goals and reason for studying in the US.

You have things upside down, the naija mentality is one where no one wants to put in any effort... they just want to crib from others.

Sharing the name of the school has it ups and downs.

Think about those coming after you. Say I got admission into the same as you did but a different year and I need the contact of Nigerians in that school to help with "OT", including the school name in your transcript has saved me a lot of stress. Really, you lose nothing by including the school name in your transcript. That was the norm on this thread before things went sideways.

It's well

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Charles61: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
RENOWNED2:
do an Msc g industrial Engr. It could be research or non thesis? Search for blowjobs thread i think, pretty similar situation.

Thanks I will do that, I could see it's an app. So I just downloaded the app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omokennyoguns20: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hello house, If you were denied a visa and you want to reapply immediately, can you still use the same passport photograph?

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.