Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644763 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
TWoods:

You could have simply assisted her and helped answer her questions instead.

I did, and that was just as important as pointing out your errors, both of which I did. You could have simply checked if I didn't help answer her questions before asking me to do so.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
omokennyoguns20:
Hello house, If you were denied a visa and you want to reapply immediately, can you still use the same passport photograph?

Sure

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
Charles61:
Please guru, what's the probability of someone with this profile getting visa.

Qualifications: HND Mechanical engineering
Year of graduation : 2012
NYSC : 2013-2014
Work experience: logistics 2015 - 2016
Manufacturing and production 2016-2020
I planned to apply to college for associates degree in mechanical engineering.

My questions. is applying to college and associates degree reasonable both from your perspective and to the VO.

Please I need your contribution please.

Associate degree? Heck NOPE! Try do a WES evaluation of your OND and HND and use it to apply to schools that accepts WES. WES converts it to a grade in US Standard.
Also, take the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS or Duolingo. Your years of Professional Experience should be a plus to your profile but it looks like industrial engineering should fit your profile.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Aishat89:
Good afternoon every wonderfully made being in the house Trust you all are having a lovely Sunday? I'd be grateful if someone or the admin of the WhatsApp group created for guidance/ assistance regarding studying in the States wouldn't mind having me onboard ejorr... Just like i know no one wants to fail in his or her endeavor so do I especially when i've had to experience it 4 not so good times at the embassy... Trust me I don't want it happening again especially with the strong desire I have to succeed on this but it surpasses that alone as omo I just have to cross my t's and dot my i's.

With all the contributions here you all are changing people's lives for Good! That alone is priceless may God reward your good intentions ameeen ��. To everyone waiting to have and share his or her success story like myself, it's going to be made with ease and it will surely come to pass Sooner than we are anticipating Ameen ��.
I'm definitely not leaving out those that have been able to conquer the big elephant � I pray it brings you all unlimited blessing... Keep repping Yourself, Your family and Nigeria the best way you can to the World we need it all.

Pls i want to be on the WhatsApp group kindly talk me through how biko. This is an SOS call

Cheers!
Feel free to send me an email.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
omokennyoguns20:
Hello house, If you were denied a visa and you want to reapply immediately, can you still use the same passport photograph?

Sure!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
tunapawizzy:

I think the issue is the hasty generalization that whoever has not found what he/she is looking for, is not hardworking enough. If one is hardworking with the right information at their disposal, e dey be like vector quantity. Why should I bother about a lazy man, u can never mask laziness for so long, especially in graduate school, they will be found out.

Lolllllll grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good evening great people with great mindset.

My interest is to get more information about the likely good possibility of studying either Bsc (Mechanical Engineering) or Msc.(Mechanical Engineering) in us.

For Bsc. I was talking to a professor dean of Mechanical engineering of a public school in Montana about if they accept WES Evaluation of transcript for acceptance into Msc. He said that they do but for HND evaluation that it is equivalent to there associate degree in college and that I can only be qualified for transfer to complete a bachelor's degree program.

He was like it will be more preferable to study with transfer and I was trying to make my point about WES.
He said that there are plenty Africans from Nigeria and many from Ghana who are there students, that he has even visited Nigeria (Delta state).

I was even trying to enquire about GA/TA scholarships and he said that they are mainly reserved for PhD students.

So my question now is :
1. Is going for Bachelors degree on transfer (they said is 3rd year) advisable for a good career prospective.
2. Financing is another challenge I see people have been throwing in there experiences here with also visa challenge and interview on sponsorship, if am going to source for loan, is it a good move for visa acceptance.
4. I see also that people are complaining about age barrier and also (my HND is 5 years old now) for undergraduate US study based on visa approval in the embassy.
5. Any good chance of making it with the US bachelor if I graduate.

Please, I welcome a good guideline and experience.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Greatnnamdi:
Good evening great people with great mindset.

My interest is to get more information about the likely good possibility of studying either Bsc (Mechanical Engineering) or Msc.(Mechanical Engineering) in us.

For Bsc. I was talking to a professor dean of Mechanical engineering of a public school in Montana about if they accept WES Evaluation of transcript for acceptance into Msc. He said that they do but for HND evaluation that it is equivalent to there associate degree in college and that I can only be qualified for transfer to complete a bachelor's degree program.

He was like it will be more preferable to study with transfer and I was trying to make my point about WES.
He said that there are plenty Africans from Nigeria and many from Ghana who are there students, that he has even visited Nigeria (Delta state).

I was even trying to enquire about GA/TA scholarships and he said that they are mainly reserved for PhD students.

So my question now is :
1. Is going for Bachelors degree on transfer (they said is 3rd year) advisable for a good career prospective.
2. Financing is another challenge I see people have been throwing in there experiences here with also visa challenge and interview on sponsorship, if am going to source for loan, is it a good move for visa acceptance.
4. I see also that people are complaining about age barrier and also (my HND is 5 years old now) for undergraduate US study based on visa approval in the embassy.
5. Any good chance of making it with the US bachelor if I graduate.

Please, I welcome a good guideline and experience.

Thank you.
Montana is just one out of 50 states in the US. Check other states too. You will see universities that accepts WES. Check St.Cloud state University in Minnesota.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omokennyoguns20: 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
Many thanks
Pefuele:

Sure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omokennyoguns20: 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
Many thanks
walepepe21:

Sure!!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Pefuele:

Montana is just one out of 50 states in the US. Check other states too. You will see universities that accepts WES. Check St.Cloud state University in Minnesota.

Yes, good school with a long list of course offering without Msc in Mechanical Engineering.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
Greatnnamdi:

Yes, good school with a long list of course offering without Msc in Mechanical Engineering.
When you check for courses you should be flexible. Dnt just check for ME. You can check for schools doing general Engineering and with ME as an option or doing General Engineering with a field you are particularly interested in as option. I know most ME guys like additive manufacturing...This is key when you are looking for funding. Industrial Engineering is infact more lucrative and well funded though IE is becoming more competitive now because of their great job placement. Lots of indians in ME are doing IE now. You can check North Carolina A and T University. Good-luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omonikansoso: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I must say this platform is very informative.
I have confirmed my appointment date. However, I haven't submitted my Ds 160 form. The year on my DS 160 shows 2020 even though it tallies with my Ds confirmation number on my appointment schedule. Would this be a problem? How do I rectify this.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omonikansoso: 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Please I'd appreciate your advice.

I was denied three times for an f1 visa btw 2018&2019. Two masters program and phd. All without funding. My spouse studies in the US and both universities I applied were same as his. During the interviews, the Visa officers asked if I have kids(I dont) and kept asking why I'm applying to same school as my spouse ( this question came up in the three interviews and it was at this point I got denied). My response was along these lines: Emotional support for both of us, research in the school that aligns with mine.
I have however secured a full funded PHD program with surplus funding( the surplus scares me sef) in Engineering in Missouri ( my spouse stays at Florida). How do I respond to a question e.g why are you going to same country with your spouse? (Married for 4years, no kids yet). How do I prove ties asides having a lecturing job with the Federal Government?

I take God beg una make una help a sister make my funding no waste. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fkorede: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Please anyone going to Lamar university here or have any friends in Lamar university

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Tbh, now that you have successfully secured funding from school,I believe your interview would be stress free. Don’t be surprised they won’t even ask all these questions. Wish you luck!!!
Omonikansoso:
Please I'd appreciate your advice.

I was denied three times for an f1 visa btw 2018&2019. Two masters program and phd. All without funding. My spouse studies in the US and both universities I applied were same as his. During the interviews, the Visa officers asked if I have kids(I dont) and kept asking why I'm applying to same school as my spouse ( this question came up in the three interviews and it was at this point I got denied). My response was along these lines: Emotional support for both of us, research in the school that aligns with mine.
I have however secured a full funded PHD program with surplus funding( the surplus scares me sef) in Engineering in Missouri ( my spouse stays at Florida). How do I respond to a question e.g why are you going to same country with your spouse? (Married for 4years, no kids yet). How do I prove ties asides having a lecturing job with the Federal Government?

I take God beg una make una help a sister make my funding no waste. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
FutureSenator:

If you are within 60days of resumption, you can request for emergency visa interview.

Good luck.

Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oale: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2021
Hello All,
Thank you so much for all these posts.
Super helpful. I wish I had known about this forum before my first 2 rejections.

I'm going for an MBA this fall and I have my (final) visa interview coming up in 3 days.

Could one of the Gurus here help me with a mock interview?

Much appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 12:57am On Jun 14, 2021
Charles61:
Please guru, what's the probability of someone with this profile getting visa.

Qualifications: HND Mechanical engineering
Year of graduation : 2012
NYSC : 2013-2014
Work experience: logistics 2015 - 2016
Manufacturing and production 2016-2020
I planned to apply to college for associates degree in mechanical engineering.

My questions. is applying to college and associates degree reasonable both from your perspective and to the VO.

Please I need your contribution please.

I have HND in Mechanical Engineering too. HND to As won’t easily fly. Why not a master’s degree or a Ph.D?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Epithet: 2:21am On Jun 14, 2021
I think the perspectives that have ensued in the discussion about posting school names on transcripts might have been one-sided(i.e how other people benefit from an OP declaring their school on a transcript). How about the benefit(s) an OP gets from posting their schools like alumni reaching out to them to give directives, or just other students presently in the program reaching out to create rapport that would ease the OP settling into the program.

I would give the simple illustration, a closed hand cannot give or receive. So I figured I would highlight the other perspective of how hiding your schools can also be detrimental to the OP in one way or the other. At the end to each their own.

Ps: If you're curious folks are being reached out to because they posted their schools and literally the correspondence is sometimes to their benefits nothing more, think of folks that offer airport pickups and recommendations on how to navigate programs.

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mkabir243(m): 3:30am On Jun 14, 2021
You will need to fill a new DS160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tshendy(m): 5:14am On Jun 14, 2021
Good Morning everybody
Please I posted here last week about my wife case where she used my surname in filling her DS-160 for F2 visa but her maiden name is on her passport and I-20. I was advised to filled another DS-160 form which we have done. But the challenge now is that she used that same surname to secure VISA appointment and while we try to update her profile, we noticed that can't be changed. Please what do we do? Or can she just go like that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 5:49am On Jun 14, 2021
Future Senator and Mcquine, please how long does it take them too give u an emergency interview appointment date, and what proof of document do u have to upload when applying?

Mcquine:

Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nurexfutmx(m): 6:07am On Jun 14, 2021
Oale:
Hello All,
Super helpful. I wish I had known about this forum before my first 2 rejections.

I'm going for an MBA this fall and I have my (final) visa interview coming up in 3 days.

Much appreciated.

Did you share your previous transcripts? What’s your profile like
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yungchop: 6:32am On Jun 14, 2021
Guys.. Good morning. Any possibility of me doing a Msc with a third class degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HazelCanny: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2021
Good morning all...my passport expires in July..
New passport is delayed....can I apply for Visa with my old passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2021
yungchop:
Guys.. Good morning. Any possibility of me doing a Msc with a third class degree?
I will say it can be possible because schools in U.S used CGPA and not the class. I will advise you to evaluate your result and see what the third class fall, you can do a test evaluation on Wes website. I think if you have up to 2.5/4.0 cgpa you can do Msc. Goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2021
HazelCanny:
Good morning all...my passport expires in July..
New passport is delayed....can I apply for Visa with my old passport?
no
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2021
FutureSenator:

If you are within 60days of resumption, you can request for emergency visa interview.

Good luck.

What is the process for the request?

Emergency interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thazine: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2021
FutureSenator:

Good luck.

I have. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get a response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shams040(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2021
Getting this error for interview appointment

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mantics(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2021
Oale:
Hello All,

Much appreciated.

Post your previous transcripts here so that experienced people can assist you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.