Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646566 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kennethjunior(m): 8:09am On Jun 18, 2021
Go ahead to book it. You can reschedule or have the option for emergency when it’s 60 days to your start date.

Greatajo:
PLEASE, THE EARLIEST DATE I COULD FIND SINCE WEDNESDAY IS JANUARY 4, 2024. SHOULD I BOOK IT? I'M KIND OF CONFUSED
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 8:09am On Jun 18, 2021
Prexy1999:

[s]Bro, this is morally wrong as you have no right to have instructed anyone here to hide their school. How do you want others to learn if not by sharing their profile adequately others can learn from their experiences. I understand the facts that many are mentally lazy to search for schools and all but that shouldn’t connote you instructing those that have contacted you for one help or the other not to share the school they’re heading to.

Fine, at the first instance who instructed them to post their transcript here ? Nobody! But if they’re doing so from their own volition or conviction they should do so wholeheartedly so that others can learn and get to their yearnings and aspirations in life. I saw where you raised an issue where you said many got rejected as a result of applying to one particular school, that notion of yours was also wrong as well too as it’s from time immemorial prospective applicants have been applying to various schools not just only as you’ve wrongly said. Where is your statistics that justify your reasoning that many got rejected as a result of applying to WIU? What about Texas Tech , BGSU and others that are very popular among our people in 2019-2020, are you telling me that they all got rejected ? No man !!!!! That’s morally wrong and a felling of self entitlement unless you told us that you’re an agent as your position on not posting schools guys are applying to will make this nairaland post senseless, oblivion and not educative again as we know how useful it has been since it was created.

Bro, if you are helping your people that’s fine as it’s a welcome development which they will be grateful to you if at all they even recognize you at all when they are in USA as many won’t bother to reach out to you unless they need your help for 1-2 info or for their friends/relatives. Please don’t feel entitled to ANY individual feelings at all and don’t let others that intend helping the needy with schools they actually applied to do so because you can’t instruct me to hate/like who you like/hate when I am not gullible bro.

However, if you feel you’re an agent and you charge kindly let people know your thoughts/positions because it look weird to me by instigating a bad reasoning by instructing those that have been favored already to hide their school, man it’s so bad to have uttered such an erroneous statement as what this platform is meant for was to help people and no law banned anyone from posting schools they’ve gotten visa approval with or intend.

Moreover, I understand your feelings that many will steal info from those approved right , is that your thinking man? If that’s it also it’s wrong too because you yourself what you know today and become today was as a results of schools they posted here you actually know most schools, advice and counsel you are giving out to your clients or prospective students as it is hard on anyone to Google search alone and become a mentor it’s not POSSIBLE man you need others experience to understand situation and kind of advice you give man. Please leaders we actually know here don’t give such bad advice like you’ve said before as I know you to be helpful in so many ways here as I do read how helpful you render to many here until suddenly you changed your mind as that’s your life you can use it the way you like bro.

There was a guy that reached to me two days ago, he was rejected from Dartmouth college for his MBA despite having a huge scholarship he got rejected totally. Bro, are you telling me that many people applied to Dartmouth College that right ? So that’s why he was rejected ? That’s a goofed statement or erroneous thinking. Don’t pride yourself as the almighty known bro, many will get there too either getting that info here or there but it’s a great opportunity if they can have it here as that make this platform relevant every season[/s].

Finally, my advice is that don’t think in your own figment of imagination that it’s only you that will actualize people’s dream in life, many will get to where they ever wanted in their lives. Don’t you ever think that many have becomes best of friends as a result of meeting on this platform ? Do you think many meet friends on street again unlike before ? It’s this kind of platform that intend actualizing many dreams many people meet and be useful to one another. So please don’t suffocate this platform with your self entitled mindset.

Take-Care man !!!!!!!
Dumb arguement! Some Nigerians are just stupid! How do you connect a transcript not showing a school to the arguement that others may not achieve their dreams without it? What has showing everyone the school you are going got to do with their dream. Now I understand why Nigeria is backward!

Get your own school and move on! It is not a crime.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kennethjunior(m): 8:11am On Jun 18, 2021
When is your start date?

Stella03:

Mine is that the earliest I got was January 4th 2022,I just picked the date and then requested for emergency,but up until now I’ve not gotten any response from them,so I want to change my location to Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 8:20am On Jun 18, 2021
ifeanyimoses:
Good evening great people, I have a question my people.
So I got funding of about $35k+ and the total amount I need for I-20 and visa is $49000, so I need additional $14000.

So I can get this from my savings and contribution from my sister, however I have my reservation about using personal funds as scholarship students don’t have much issue with approval of their visa.

Do you think my chances might be reduced as I’m funding the balance??, or should I try to see if I can get additional scholarship ( there might not be time for this as I’m supposed to be in the US by August), thanks

Hi wonderful people, please can someone help me with this question?? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2021
gerona:
Congratulations.
I am travelling with 2 kids 4 and 14, for my interview do I need to show proof of schooling arrangements for them? If yes, how do I go about it, please?. Also, did you pay for SEVIS for your kids. Kindly guide. Thank you.

You are not required to pay SEVIS for F-2.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oluwarantimi(f): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2021
I was there that day June16, 7am too. It was a horrible experience, it was like being on a queue to be slaughtered and you can’t run anywhere but only move forward. I was desperately praying for any other person apart from that white man. I wasn’t lucky, he didn’t even give one a chance. Rejection straight. It was so sad. I intend to reapply, but this appointment date thing is giving me a headache. When you prepare transcripts, prepare bank statement, prepare outfit and the rest. Don’t forget to pray for grace too. Because some consulars act almost inhuman. I will share my testimony soon too.

Congratulations!!!

Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved

Venue: Lagos
16 june 2021
Time:6:45am but I was interview around pass 7am
Course: Master's in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting
School: university of xyz
COA:32,025$
funding: 5,345$
Deficit: 26,679

My interview was an expression of God's grace, mercy and love. I was interviewed by white man who was in the business of refusing visa, although there were just three window open for interview the remaining two window give student enough time to express themselve, but the white man that interviewed did not give student time to explain themselves at most 2min then denial. When I got to the embassy I started sing praise to God all through my screening and biometric, especially when I saw people well spoken confident and bold denied. Atleast 13 person went before me, 8 of them were interviewed by the white man that interviewed me, only one got the visa. The rest denied . What I noticed was people were too bold and they started with generic answer and the visa officer are used to it already. Can't remember the window number,but the white man shld be in his early50s or late 40s. Although I was praying the black woman interview me because she gives time and she bit nice,guys have to be careful what we pray for, though I went to the white man at the centre who issuing denial so I just went with the mind set of get my blue paper but at list let me put up with a fight. When got to the windon the man did not even look at my face but I made sure I greeted him first then ask for my passport and i20. I noticed I was so calm and expecting the worse so I did not say too much.

Me: Good morning sir

Vo: Good morning,pass me your passport and I-20
Vo: pls can you tell me why you going to us
Me: I'm going for my master's degree in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting at the university of xyz USA.

VO: why xyz?
Me: I choose the sch because I was impressed by their timely response to my many enquiries, the sch has a corporative and experiencial educational program which integrate class room experience with the real world, giving students opportunity to meet with expert and professional in their field of studies. I would have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored by professor **** who is an expert in the field, am an ardent reader of book and journal which has created a path to achieving my short term career goal of taking up the position as a senior corporate accountant. Strongly believe working with professor ***** will give me the necessary exposure that help gain expert knowledge to start up my management consulting firm.

Vo: who is your sponor
Me: my uncle

Vo: what does he do
Me: He is into oil and gas he own six filling station cut across Nigeria two in Lagos, one in the north, one In the east and two in the south and he is a major distributor of electrical appliances in Nigeria where he import from China ( when I said China I said God I done Bleep u USA n China are not in good term,but God gat me�).

Vo: was it only this sch you applied for
Me; no I mentioned the sch 3 sch

Vo: you studied accounting right
Me: I said yes accounting

Vo: which school
Me: I told him

The next thing take your i20 bla bla I no come hear the rest.

Only God can do this.... To God be all glory.

Thanks to God , especially this platform has been so helpful and life changing, no day go by without reading transcript, though am a silent participant.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 8:31am On Jun 18, 2021
ifeanyimoses:
Good evening great people, I have a question my people.
So I got funding of about $35k+ and the total amount I need for I-20 and visa is $49000, so I need additional $14000.

So I can get this from my savings and contribution from my sister, however I have my reservation about using personal funds as scholarship students don’t have much issue with approval of their visa.

Do you think my chances might be reduced as I’m funding the balance??, or should I try to see if I can get additional scholarship ( there might not be time for this as I’m supposed to be in the US by August), thanks

You can use personal fund, but if question comes up about it, you need to explain how you plan to pay and the source of money you'd using.
If you have been working, you can say you have been saving over the years for this purpose.
All the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 8:37am On Jun 18, 2021
The U.S student visa is subjective. Nobody here can tell you how the interview will go and how the VO will look at your application. However, from the information you shared, there's high intent of migration all over your application. You are going for a 2-year master's and you want to take your wife and child with you. What is your reason for this decision? Why can't you go alone? These are some of the questions that will be ringing in consular's mind as he/she interview your family. Think about this: Your wife would be leaving her good job in Nigeria to stay with you in with a F2 visa in a country she's not allowed to work? From experience, it is not the best thing to do! However, you can try your luck!

All the best.
adeyusuf2000:

Please house, I have been seeing most approval transcript that are with either scholarship or GA.

For someone like me who have a good private business with SOA, planning to apply for for F1, F2 with my wife and my child. My wife work in an oil agency with good salary.

Is there any risk applying together, am good for masters and I have my private business with enough money to sponsor myself and my family.

Lastly, is it advisable to use my company statement of account or I should use my own personal account statement to the embassy.

Thank you, God bless.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Assistantships alert �!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Occc: 8:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Please do share your transcript, it will help us to help you and help those who a preparing. God no go shame us.
oluwarantimi:
I was there that day June16, 7am too. It was a horrible experience, it was like being on a queue to be slaughtered and you can’t run anywhere but only move forward. I was desperately praying for any other person apart from that white man. I wasn’t lucky, he didn’t even give one a chance. Rejection straight. It was so sad. I intend to reapply, but this appointment date thing is giving me a headache. When you prepare transcripts, prepare bank statement, prepare outfit and the rest. Don’t forget to pray for grace too. Because some consulars act almost inhuman. I will share my testimony soon too.

Congratulations!!!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2021
Assistantships alert ��! For both fall 2021 and spring 2022

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojomario(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Good morning. I will need the copy of the GRE material. Thank you sir.
taiwofaniyi@hotmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2021
Good morning fam
What a time to be alive �
Thank God for the testimonies...I pray those that've been delayed will testify sooner than later.

Q1.
Please, my friend who's going for a B.Sc program has booked for an interview in Abuja. At the time she booked the earliest date was 12th October, 2021

According to her, she has requested for an emergency interview twice and was denied. She has paid for her SEVIS FEE and visa Fee too (not sure if she uploaded the receipts).
Her school was kind enough to send her a letter which she uploaded too

What could be the problem please?
Her school's start date is August 15.

What can she do please?

Q2
I know someone who equally booked 12th October, 2021 in Abuja (start date is August 11)
What are her options please?

Is it possible to reschedule and/or request for an emergency interview?
PS. Both fees have been paid

Thank you.
Hope to testify soonest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2021
University of North Alabama.
Masters of Accountancy.

And you?

jerry8243:
Which school and what course pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeyusuf2000: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2021
fairheart:
The U.S student visa is subjective. Nobody here can tell you how the interview will go and how the VO will look at your application. However, from the information you shared, there's high intent of migration all over your application. You are going for a 2-year master's and you want to take your wife and child with you. What is your reason for this decision? Why can't you go alone? These are some of the questions that will be ringing in consular's mind as he/she interview your family. Think about this: Your wife would be leaving her good job in Nigeria to stay with you in with a F2 visa in a country she's not allowed to work? From experience, it is not the best thing to do! However, you can try your luck!

All the best.

Many thanks for your feedback.

So my wife has applied for a year Sabatical leave with pay for a duration of year with option of extending for another year or resume back after the first year.

Second reason why I will like to go with my family is because my wedding is just 8 months old and my child is also less than 8 months. So I will not like to depart for that long away from my family
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adasino(f): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2021
Can I also get a reason for your answer...please
abbeYhart:
Use your brother as sponsor.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2021
Schrodinger1:

Guy, It is too early to piss me off on my birthday.

Go and check my transcript, I listed my school and went further by naming my research area. However, I will not be subjective like you lots on this issue.

Everyone has the right to either mention the name of their school or leave it undisclosed. My take is not to bully or criticised anyone for which ever decision they take. They have their reasons that decisions.

It is only when you reason myopically you'd assume a school name was removed so that you will not achieve success effortlessly.

Well, I see that you’re are goofed about about stand anyway. Take care man !!!!!!!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 9:31am On Jun 18, 2021
fairheart:

Dumb arguement! Some Nigerians are just stupid! How do you connect a transcript not showing a school to the arguement that others may not achieve their dreams without it? What has showing everyone the school you are going got to do with their dream. Now I understand why Nigeria is backward!

Get your own school and move on! It is not a crime.

Try to jettison your sense of entitlement man! I am done with my PhD now bro! We don’t even know which school you are in USA. It will be nice if you can even tell us bro which I am sure you will never even mention. If you are an alumni of my school you will never open your dirty brain by talking to me like that.

I don’t argue with an asinine person bro. Take care grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2021
Congratulations
I’ve noticed that if you studied a course and going for the same thing for masters or PhD they easily approve

Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved

Venue: Lagos
16 june 2021
Time:6:45am but I was interview around pass 7am
Course: Master's in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting
School: university of xyz
COA:32,025$
funding: 5,345$
Deficit: 26,679

My interview was an expression of God's grace, mercy and love. I was interviewed by white man who was in the business of refusing visa, although there were just three window open for interview the remaining two window give student enough time to express themselve, but the white man that interviewed did not give student time to explain themselves at most 2min then denial. When I got to the embassy I started sing praise to God all through my screening and biometric, especially when I saw people well spoken confident and bold denied. Atleast 13 person went before me, 8 of them were interviewed by the white man that interviewed me, only one got the visa. The rest denied . What I noticed was people were too bold and they started with generic answer and the visa officer are used to it already. Can't remember the window number,but the white man shld be in his early50s or late 40s. Although I was praying the black woman interview me because she gives time and she bit nice,guys have to be careful what we pray for, though I went to the white man at the centre who issuing denial so I just went with the mind set of get my blue paper but at list let me put up with a fight. When got to the windon the man did not even look at my face but I made sure I greeted him first then ask for my passport and i20. I noticed I was so calm and expecting the worse so I did not say too much.

Me: Good morning sir

Vo: Good morning,pass me your passport and I-20
Vo: pls can you tell me why you going to us
Me: I'm going for my master's degree in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting at the university of xyz USA.

VO: why xyz?
Me: I choose the sch because I was impressed by their timely response to my many enquiries, the sch has a corporative and experiencial educational program which integrate class room experience with the real world, giving students opportunity to meet with expert and professional in their field of studies. I would have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored by professor **** who is an expert in the field, am an ardent reader of book and journal which has created a path to achieving my short term career goal of taking up the position as a senior corporate accountant. Strongly believe working with professor ***** will give me the necessary exposure that help gain expert knowledge to start up my management consulting firm.

Vo: who is your sponor
Me: my uncle

Vo: what does he do
Me: He is into oil and gas he own six filling station cut across Nigeria two in Lagos, one in the north, one In the east and two in the south and he is a major distributor of electrical appliances in Nigeria where he import from China ( when I said China I said God I done Bleep u USA n China are not in good term,but God gat me�).

Vo: was it only this sch you applied for
Me; no I mentioned the sch 3 sch

Vo: you studied accounting right
Me: I said yes accounting

Vo: which school
Me: I told him

The next thing take your i20 bla bla I no come hear the rest.

Only God can do this.... To God be all glory.

Thanks to God , especially this platform has been so helpful and life changing, no day go by without reading transcript, though am a silent participant.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 9:33am On Jun 18, 2021
Pls bro I made a slight mistake in my DS 160 form and I have submitted. After filling my sponsor address which happened to be Canada address that ends with S7V 0G6 and then the space for postal code I was supposed to fill the same code S7V 0G6 even though it appeared on the address but its the postal code, now in place of that G, I wrote C. Will this be a problem or should I fill another form
mantics:

Since you have your I-20, proceed and start filling the DS160 form and also make payment to book appointment so as to get closer time. Do not forget to pay your SEVIS Fee at least 3days before your interview.

Best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 9:36am On Jun 18, 2021
Helkayklassic:

Sorry about that bro. Germany dey really do you guys strong things. I was following the thread before i left. Cat A and Cat B. Lool.

You’ll need to request for your 1-20 by sending the necessary documents to WIU, pay for your visa fee, fill your DS-160 form, book appointment, pay sevis fee and prepare very well for your interview then go get your visa.

NB : It is not so easy as it is listed up there but still much easier than Germany own. Lol. Good luck.

Hope this helps?

Can I have your number, man?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by expertman(m): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2021
Special thanks to @walspring for helping me with the sevis fee payment.

Very quick and reasonable .

Once again thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 10:03am On Jun 18, 2021
expertman:
Special thanks to @walspring for helping me with the sevis fee payment.

Very quick and reasonable .

Once again thanks bro
I have interview on Monday but I am yet to receive my SEVIS confirmation receipt I send it through Money order on Monday and the are saying I should expect my confirmation on Monday and that Monday is my interview please what is the solution to this problem should I reschedule my appointment? or am really confused.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeyusuf2000: 10:09am On Jun 18, 2021
Prosnelson:

I have interview on Monday but I am yet to receive my SEVIS confirmation receipt I send it through Money order on Monday and the are saying I should expect my confirmation on Monday and that Monday is my interview please what is the solution to this problem should I reschedule my appointment? or am really confused.

My advice is to reschedule if you can, my sis in law was once in your shoe and was denied. It's a risky.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2021
There are people on this thread with negative opinion on things they do not understand, and I feel if they see things from another angle, it will help their journey.

On revealing school or not, nobody was forced at gun point to do it. I only advise those who are in touch with me and they see sense in that advise. We have seen 0ver 1000 approved f-1 transcripts from this thread as they continue to grow. One thing is certainly not useful to any student on these transcripts: the school name. Instead, picking up schools from transcripts here is part of the reasons some of you are not getting your visa and that you will still not get it until you change and do your home work.

WHEN YOU COPY SCHOOL
When you copy school and only rely on transcripts for this purpose, you CHEAT YOURSELF of potential opportunity for your own school and perhaps, good scholarship and funding. I am of the opinion that if your Dad is not so rich that he could pay about $30K cost of attendance X 2, you ought to take the path of strength and self-sufficiency: getting good scholarship or assistantship. I understand that there are people on this thread with intention to merely use the F-1 visa to migrate. My advise are for those who actually wanted to study and secure a better future for themselves. These are the people that are required to do their homework--as part of the price for future success. It is not suffering!

When you copy schools from here, you deny yourself the opportunity to find schools that can offer you better opportunities. There are hundreds of schools for your program and that will fund you if you have a good profile and you apply early. All you have to do is explore those schools! But when you copy school from here, chances is high they will exhaust their funding due to high volume application and stop funding subsequent admission. WIU was used as a case study. They may give you admission, but always remember that every school has number of international students they wish to take, and every department has number of GA, scholarship, fellowship they award to admitted students. Bombing a school someone got admitted into always cheat you of opportunity to get something better if you had applied to a school that is not like a pure water on Nairaland.

The better your financial opportunity and unique your profile, the higher your chances of approval. Your friend might have done it and easily get their visa, but it doesn't mean it will work for you that way. This thing is case by case.

I have shared ideas on doing the work in the past. Sometimes, people assume because I am experienced on F-1 application that I know all the school that funds and easily give admission. And when I tell them I have no idea, they assume I am selfish or doesn't want to help them. The truth is that, I don't have schools in my head, except the ones students on and off here recently got approved with, and it is a matter of time before you forget them. Because of this, I feel those who did not understand should be made to understand.

There's nothing hard is finding your own school, and it is not a crime to keep it only to a small circle of friends. It doesn't mean selfishness or greed. By keeping it away, you give others the opportunity to work and find a school that works for them. But if anyone feels they want Nairaland to know their school, I have nothing against it. Who am I to be against such?

HOW TO SEARCH AND FIND GOOD SCHOOLS FOR YOUR PROFILE.

1 Google is the first place to start. And cost of attendance and profile of the school should be on your mind as you begin. First, you want to go to a school your sponsor can afford. Secondly, you want to be considered for funding that will come with monthly stipend to offset living expenses, so that you will not worry how to survive (especially if you can't get adequate support from home while in the U.S). Thirdly, you want to study at a school that offers courses that will equip and prepare you for the next phase of your career. You need specialty, broad knowledge, internship opportunity, etc. Remember, I am talking to students who genuinely want to study in the United States and are willing to do the work. Now, the three points should be in mind before you begin your school search.

1a, Be creative about it. Use search strings that is worded with your wants, i.e affordability, funding, good course., etc. Let me give you a list:
AFFORDABLE UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S FOR MASTER'S IN CHEMISTRY (For blog posts and sites that catalogue affordable schools for chemistry).
BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S FOR MASTER'S IN AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS (For top ranking, research-driven universities for the mentioned course)
UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S WITH ASSISTANTSHIP FOR MASTER'S IN MATHEMATICS (For schools offering assistantship for mathematics).

As you would see, search string contains what you want Google to show you, and that is what you will see. The more creative you're, the better. Your search result will bring up blog posts and sites that discuss and list universities for what you want. Then, you visit site by site, and from there, make a list of the schools you see, and keep away. When you are done, visit those schools one by one. You could make a list of 20 schools, or as much as you want.

1b, Get your schools by choice of U.S States. If you were to go to the U.S which state would you like to study? California? Texas? New York? Tennessee? Etc! Select best 3 states of your choice or that you have a family member or friends.
Go to Google and type, for example, ALL UNIVERSITIES IN TEXAS. Google will bring up sites and blog posts with list of these schools. I advise you look for Wikipedia page for all the schools on the list. As a study-abroad consultant, Wikipedia [/b]page for all schools in each U.S state seems the most resourcesful. There, private and public schools in the state you search is catalogued, so you get to see list of public and private schools in that state. You see their acceptance rate as well. All you do is open those schools in new tab, then read about it and get the school website directly from them. It is simple, except you are not computer literate.

[b]2, CHECKING FOR ASSISTANTSHIP:
When you open the school webiste, go straight to academic and you will see undergraduate and graduate programs. It is always under academic. Click the one that applies. Check list of programs offered and pick the program (s) you are interested in. Check program courses, and look for assistantship/scholarship. Every program page has information for assistantship/scholarship. If your master's program department offers assistantship, you will see the information there. Read it and understand condition for selection. If that school is okay, make a list on a paper and keep. You can do for as many as you want.

2a, Immediately you review your program webpage, look for the "Graduate Coordinator" or "Program Director". These are the faculty members with information on funding. Your duty is to contact each school before you even apply to them. I always advise my students to contact their program coordinator before they apply. Get the email and name of this person. Take your time to write a 3-5 paragram message detailing your course, undergraduate GPA, that you are interested in the program for so, so admission term, and that "what is the chances of being selected for a graduate assistantship or departmental scholarship if admitted into the program."

ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR POTENTIAL SCHOOL BEFORE YOU APPLY THERE.

2b, If you compose your message well, your program coordinator will be compelled to tell you what is obtainable according to your profile, GPA, experience, etc. They always tell you what is obtainable. You can then use this information to decide if you will apply or not. In December last year, a student followed these step and the two schools he contacted promised --right in their response to her message--that based on his profile, if he apply, he will be considered for admission and assistantship. He did, and both schools admitted him and offered him assistantship. He got his visa last month with deficit of $1K.

If the response from the person in charge of department seems favourable, go ahead and apply right away. The earlier, the better for you.

2c, Don't underestimate your potential of getting into top schools. Explore those too. Make a budget on how many schools you plan to apply to. Be principled about it. Be creative. Use initiative and push yourself and do your thing.

RESOURCES YOU NEED.
A LAPTOP--You need a laptop to do these search well and for better result.
DATA FOR INTERNET-- plan how you will always have data for this task.
TIME--Decide which day of the week you will use to explore schools (put off things that won't add value to you for this task).

It is funny that some of you who complain that people are hiding their schools and so you couldn't apply their and get the same opportunity carry expensive smart phone but don't have a computer, and you say you're a student in 21st century? What exactly do you want to sacrifice to study abroad? As a youth, I was fortunate to start using computer at 17. By the time I was 21, I own a brand new laptop as a gift. I didn't ask for shoes, no jeans, but a laptop. I was hungry for knowledge. Even when I clock 30 and I needed a new laptop, I deny myself a smart phone and used the money to get a UK-USED laptop. I was using a Nokia analogue phone for 15 months, using laptop for Whatsapp, email works, and others. A silly person would say "O, you must have suffered." This is not suffering! This is sacrifice for a better life and a glorious future!

Some of you have rich parents but you never asked them for things that will help you advance your career. It is either expensive wig, phones or shoes. What happen to asking for laptop, books, and things that the beautiful future you want required?

Going to America to study is a worthwhile dream. It is a dream that both young people from the grassroots and the upper class can achieve. Last week, a student from this thread called me that he got an internship of $10000 per month. He sacrificed a lot to get his visa. Look at him today? Sacrifice paid off! I have seen young people that sold their stuffs to make these dreams a reality. Today, they are richer and more successful their their peers with rich parents.

You must gift yourself what your future demands! Get a laptop, keep money for data and make this task of getting a good school for you a priority. Enough of Netflix that add no academic value! Enough of using social media to waste quality time. If going abroad to study is your dream and you have no rich parents, listen to me and you will remember this message 10 years to come. If you really want to study abroad and become your best, get yourself a laptop, create time for the work involved. You have no business carrying iPhone 12 if you don't have a personal computer you can go to, to do the things that are better done on laptop.

The school search I just shared here needs a working laptop.

I know some of you already hate to see the name Fairheart cheesy cheesy, but well, I know my people and my people know me. Those who needs the message I preach will take it and use it. And for that, I am blessed!

It has been nice being here.
All the best!

[img][/img]

35 Likes 18 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mantics(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2021
EkemNgo:
Pls bro I made a slight mistake in my DS 160 form and I have submitted. After filling my sponsor address which happened to be Canada address that ends with S7V 0G6 and then the space for postal code I was supposed to fill the same code S7V 0G6 even though it appeared on the address but its the postal code, now in place of that G, I wrote C. Will this be a problem or should I fill another form

Hello Nkem, I am not sure that should be a problem but if you are doubtful about that, if you still have more than 72hours to your interview date, you can fill another DS160 form and then update the DS160 form ID on your profile at the CGI portal. But I dont think this is necessary.

Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 10:14am On Jun 18, 2021
adeyusuf2000:

My advice is to reschedule if you can, my sis in law was once in your shoe and was denied. It's a risky.
Okk I will reschedule thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 10:17am On Jun 18, 2021
Prexy1999:

Try to jettison your sense of entitlement man! I am done with my PhD now bro! We don’t even know which school you are in USA. It will be nice if you can even tell us bro which I am sure you will never even mention. If you are an alumni of my school you will never open your dirty brain by talking to me like that.

I don’t argue with an asinine person bro. Take care grin
You have a PhD? What a waste of time and resources that should have been used on something that would have given you critical thinking skill and enlightenment. And you might have gone to Harvard or Yale and still be a stupid, illogical person. It is not by school or degree! Some of the people who run Nigeria down own PhDs too. You think it is about PhD? If a person with a PhD cannot reason and be fair in his assessment of subject of discussion, then your PhD is a waste of time, and I am sorry for you!
Don't mention me again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2021
adeyusuf2000:

Many thanks for your feedback.

So my wife has applied for a year Sabatical leave with pay for a duration of year with option of extending for another year or resume back after the first year.

Second reason why I will like to go with my family is because my wedding is just 8 months old and my child is also less than 8 months. So I will not like to depart for that long away from my family
It is alright! You can try with that and see how it goes.
All the best bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2021
fairheart:

You have a PhD? What a waste of time and resources that should have been used for on something that will give you enlightenment. And you may have gone to Harvard and still be a stupid, illogical person. You think it is about PhD? If a person with a PhD cannot reason and be fair in his assessment of subject of discussion, then your PhD is a waste of time, and I am sorry for you!
Don't mention me again.
If any member of your family can have a PhD or you yourself it means a lot. I am not sure you ever in your life get a PhD offer talkless of been in a school, I’d you do kindly let me know to even know the school mentor fairheart Dey cheesy

Can you tell me which school you are in USA ? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2021
fairheart:
There are people on this thread with negative opinion on things they do not understand, and I feel if they see things from another angle, it will help their journey.

On revealing school or not, nobody was forced at gun point to do it. I only advise those who are in touch with me and they see sense in that advise. We have seen 0ver 1000 approved f-1 transcripts from this thread as they continue to grow. One thing is certainly not useful to any student on these transcripts: the school name. Instead, picking up schools from transcripts here is part of the reasons some of you are not getting your visa and that you will still not get it until you change and do your home work.

WHEN YOU COPY SCHOOL
When you copy school and only rely on transcripts for this purpose, you CHEAT YOURSELF of potential opportunity for your own school and perhaps, good scholarship and funding. I am of the opinion that if your Dad is not so rich that he could pay about $30K cost of attendance X 2, you ought to take the path of strength and self-sufficiency: getting good scholarship or assistantship. I understand that there are people on this thread with intention to merely use the F-1 visa to migrate. My advise are for those who actually wanted to study and secure a better future for themselves. These are the people that are required to do their homework--as part of the price for future success. It is not suffering!

When you copy schools from here, you deny yourself the opportunity to find schools that can offer you better opportunities. There are hundreds of schools for your program and that will fund you if you have a good profile and you apply early. All you have to do is explore those schools! But when you copy school from here, chances is high they will exhaust their funding due to high volume application and stop funding subsequent admission. WIU was used as a case study. They may give you admission, but always remember that every school has number of international students they wish to take, and every department has number of GA, scholarship, fellowship they award to admitted students. Bombing a school someone got admitted into always cheat you of opportunity to get something better if you had applied to a school that is not like a pure water on Nairaland.

The better your financial opportunity and unique your profile, the higher your chances of approval. Your friend might have done it and easily get their visa, but it doesn't mean it will work for you that way. This thing is case by case.

I have shared ideas on doing the work in the past. Sometimes, people assume because I am experienced on F-1 application that I know all the school that funds and easily give admission. And when I tell them I have no idea, they assume I am selfish or doesn't want to help them. The truth is that, I don't have schools in my head, except the ones students on and off here recently got approved with, and it is a matter of time before you forget them. Because of this, I feel those who did not understand should be made to understand.

There's nothing hard is finding your own school, and it is not a crime to keep it only to a small circle of friends. It doesn't mean selfishness or greed. By keeping it away, you give others the opportunity to work and find a school that works for them. But if anyone feels they want Nairaland to know their school, I have nothing against it. Who am I to be against such?

HOW TO SEARCH AND FIND GOOD SCHOOLS FOR YOUR PROFILE.

1 Google is the first place to start. And cost of attendance and profile of the school should be on your mind as you begin. First, you want to go to a school your sponsor can afford. Secondly, you want to be considered for funding that will come with monthly stipend to offset living expenses, so that you will not worry how to survive (especially if you can't get adequate support from home while in the U.S). Thirdly, you want to study at a school that offers courses that will equip and prepare you for the next phase of your career. You need specialty, broad knowledge, internship opportunity, etc. Remember, I am talking to students who genuinely want to study in the United States and are willing to do the work. Now, the three points should be in mind before you begin your school search.

1a, Be creative about it. Use search strings that is worded with your wants, i.e affordability, funding, good course., etc. Let me give you a list:
AFFORDABLE UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S FOR MASTER'S IN CHEMISTRY (For blog posts and sites that catalogue affordable schools for chemistry).
BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S FOR MASTER'S IN AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS (For top ranking, research-driven universities for the mentioned course)
UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S WITH ASSISTANTSHIP FOR MASTER'S IN MATHEMATICS (For schools offering assistantship for mathematics).

As you would see, search string contains what you want Google to show you, and that is what you will see. The more creative you're, the better. Your search result will bring up blog posts and sites that discuss and list universities for what you want. Then, you visit site by site, and from there, make a list of the schools you see, and keep away. When you are done, visit those schools one by one. You could make a list of 20 schools, or as much as you want.

1b, Get your schools by choice of U.S States. If you were to go to the U.S which state would you like to study? California? Texas? New York? Tennessee? Etc! Select best 3 states of your choice or that you have a family member or friends.
Go to Google and type, for example, ALL UNIVERSITIES IN TEXAS. Google will bring up sites and blog posts with list of these schools. I advise you look for Wikipedia page for all the schools on the list. As a study-abroad consultant, Wikipedia [/b]page for all schools in each U.S state seems the most resourcesful. There, private and public schools in the state you search is catalogued, so you get to see list of public and private schools in that state. You see their acceptance rate as well. All you do is open those schools in new tab, then read about it and get the school website directly from them. It is simple, except you are not computer literate.

[b]2, CHECKING FOR ASSISTANTSHIP:
When you open the school webiste, go straight to academic and you will see undergraduate and graduate programs. It is always under academic. Click the one that applies. Check list of programs offered and pick the program (s) you are interested in. Check program courses, and look for assistantship/scholarship. Every program page has information for assistantship/scholarship. If your master's program department offers assistantship, you will see the information there. Read it and understand condition for selection. If that school is okay, make a list on a paper and keep. You can do for as many as you want.

2a, Immediately you review your program webpage, look for the "Graduate Coordinator" or "Program Director". These are the faculty members with information on funding. Your duty is to contact each school before you even apply to them. I always advise my students to contact their program coordinator before they apply. Get the email and name of this person. Take your time to write a 3-5 paragram message detailing your course, undergraduate GPA, that you are interested in the program for so, so admission term, and that "what is the chances of being selected for a graduate assistantship or departmental scholarship if admitted into the program."

ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR POTENTIAL SCHOOL BEFORE YOU APPLY THERE.

2b, If you compose your message well, your program coordinator will be compelled to tell you what is obtainable according to your profile, GPA, experience, etc. They always tell you what is obtainable. You can then use this information to decide if you will apply or not. In December last year, a student followed these step and the two school she contacted promised --right in their response to her message--that based on her profile, if he apply, he will be considered for admission and assistantship. She did, and both schools admitted her and offered her assistantship. She got her visa last month with deficit of $1K.

If the response from the person in charge of department seems favourable, go ahead and apply right away. The earlier, the better for you.

2c, Don't underestimate your potential of getting into top schools. Explore those too. Make a budget on how many schools you plan to apply to. Be principled about it. Be creative. Use initiative and push yourself and do your thing.

RESOURCES YOU NEED.
A LAPTOP--You need a laptop to do these search well and for better result.
DATA FOR INTERNET-- plan how you will always have data for this task.
TIME--Decide which day of the week you will use to explore schools (put off things that won't add value to you for this task).

It is funny that some of you who complain that people are hiding their schools and so you couldn't apply their and get the same opportunity carry expensive smart phone but don't have a computer, and you say you're a student in 21st century? What exactly do you want to sacrifice to study abroad? As a youth, I was fortunate to start using computer at 17. By the time I was 21, I own a brand new laptop as a gift. I didn't ask for shoes, no jeans, but a laptop. I was hungry for knowledge. Even when I clock 30 and I needed a new laptop, I deny myself a smart phone and used the money to get a UK-USED laptop. I was using a Nokia analogue phone for 15 months, using laptop for Whatsapp, email works, and others. A silly person would say "O, you must have suffered." This is not suffering! This is sacrifice for a better life and a glorious future!

Some of you have rich parents but you never asked them for things that will help you advance your career. It is either expensive wig, phones or shoes. What happen to asking for laptop, books, and things that the beautiful future you want required?

Going to America to study is a worthwhile dream. It is a dream that both young people from the grassroots and the upper class can achieve. Last week, a student from this thread called me that he got an internship of $10000 per month. He sacrificed a lot to get his visa. Look at him today? Sacrifice paid off! I have seen young people that sold their stuffs to make these dreams a reality. Today, they are richer and more successful their their peers with rich parents.

You must gift yourself what your future demands! Get a laptop, keep money for data and make this task of getting a good school for you a priority. Enough of Netflix that add no academic value! Enough of using social media to waste quality time. If going abroad to study is your dream and you have no rich parents, listen to me and you will remember this message 10 years to come. If you really want to study abroad and become your best, get yourself a laptop, create time for the work involved. You have no business carrying iPhone 12 if you don't have a personal computer you can go to, to do the things that are better done on laptop.

The school search I just shared here needs a working laptop.

I know some of you already hate to see the name Fairheart cheesy cheesy, but well, I know my people and my people know me. Those who needs the message I preach will take it and use it. And for that, I am blessed!

It has been nice being here.
All the best!

This is commendable bro, try to do something like this and not telling people to hide their schools again.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2021
kennethjunior:
When is your start date?

My start date is August 23rd,a friend of mine who also has the same start date as mine,he’s emergency request was approved at Abuja embassy on Wednesday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.