Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646107 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AOJA: 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
ayofag:

Do a Google search pls. It's a direct contact. Don't want to paste any number here

Okay
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadbay(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
abbeYhart:
Yes. Two people I know went for interview with electronic I-20. One did confirm from the consulate before doing that. I have attached evidence to satisfy your curiosity.

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hey25(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2021
I just read that US embassy will be closed tomorrow. Those of us having interviews tomorrow, what should we do? I've not received an email yet from them about the development.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
temmyseun321:
I'll like to ask you some questions if you dont mind... I love the way you respond to that question. Can i have ur email address

I replied the mails you sent me earlier..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
What happened to this o?
Munaxara:
So guys how about we also create a club house group where we can ask questions real time. But the hiccup is this iPhone only thing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ray2018: 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
Thanks

abbeYhart:
1. Use your mum's statement. It is better that way..You may mention at the interview you also have personal savings towards the cost of your education.

2. If all what you fill in your application is right and your reason for further studies is true. questions like this is not necessary but I understand your anxiety. The choice is yours. Although I think it is better if you state you work for a company(use your company). Preferably, it is better if your company has a role related to what you want to study in US. Use that position. Try not to be too far away from being honest. You can easily defend what you do since you are the CEO. You don't need to reveal you own the company. I want to assume you own the company.

3. The rate you see when you google it online as at when you applied

All the best!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hey family, please I need suggestion of hotels close to Muritala Muhammed International Airport. Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taylorwhite: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
F1 Visa Approved

Venue: Lagos
16 june 2021
Time:6:45am but I was interview around pass 7am
Course: Master's in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting
School: university of xyz
COA:32,025$
funding: 5,345$
Deficit: 26,679

My interview was an expression of God's grace, mercy and love. I was interviewed by white man who was in the business of refusing visa, although there were just three window open for interview the remaining two window give student enough time to express themselve, but the white man that interviewed did not give student time to explain themselves at most 2min then denial. When I got to the embassy I started sing praise to God all through my screening and biometric, especially when I saw people well spoken confident and bold denied. Atleast 13 person went before me, 8 of them were interviewed by the white man that interviewed me, only one got the visa. The rest denied . What I noticed was people were too bold and they started with generic answer and the visa officer are used to it already. Can't remember the window number,but the white man shld be in his early50s or late 40s. Although I was praying the black woman interview me because she gives time and she bit nice,guys have to be careful what we pray for, though I went to the white man at the centre who issuing denial so I just went with the mind set of get my blue paper but at list let me put up with a fight. When got to the windon the man did not even look at my face but I made sure I greeted him first then ask for my passport and i20. I noticed I was so calm and expecting the worse so I did not say too much.

Me: Good morning sir

Vo: Good morning,pass me your passport and I-20
Vo: pls can you tell me why you going to us
Me: I'm going for my master's degree in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting at the university of xyz USA.

VO: why xyz?
Me: I choose the sch because I was impressed by their timely response to my many enquiries, the sch has a corporative and experiencial educational program which integrate class room experience with the real world, giving students opportunity to meet with expert and professional in their field of studies. I would have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored by professor **** who is an expert in the field, am an ardent reader of book and journal which has created a path to achieving my short term career goal of taking up the position as a senior corporate accountant. Strongly believe working with professor ***** will give me the necessary exposure that help gain expert knowledge to start up my management consulting firm.

Vo: who is your sponor
Me: my uncle

Vo: what does he do
Me: He is into oil and gas he own six filling station cut across Nigeria two in Lagos, one in the north, one In the east and two in the south and he is a major distributor of electrical appliances in Nigeria where he import from China ( when I said China I said God I done Bleep u USA n China are not in good term,but God gat me�).

Vo: was it only this sch you applied for
Me; no I mentioned the sch 3 sch

Vo: you studied accounting right
Me: I said yes accounting

Vo: which school
Me: I told him

The next thing take your i20 bla bla I no come hear the rest.

Only God can do this.... To God be all glory.

Thanks to God , especially this platform has been so helpful and life changing, no day go by without reading transcript, though am a silent participant.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved

16 june 2021

My interview was an expression of God's grace, mercy and love. I was interviewed by white man who was in the business of refusing visa, although there were just three window open for interview the remaining two window give student enough time to express themselve, but the white man that interviewed did not give student time to explain themselves at most 2min then denial. When I got to the embassy I started sing praise to God all through my screening and biometric, especially when I saw people well spoken confident and bold denied. Atleast 13 person went before me, 8 of them were interviewed by the white man that interviewed me, only one got the visa. The rest denied . What I noticed was people were too bold and they started with generic answer and the visa officer are used to it already. Can't remember the window number,but the white man shld be in his early50s or late 40s. Although I was praying the black woman interview me because she gives time and she bit nice,guys have to be careful what we pray for, though I went to the white man at the centre who issuing denial so I just went with the mind set of get my blue paper but at list let me put up with a fight. When got to the windon the man did not even look at my face but I made sure I greeted him first then ask for my passport and i20. I noticed I was so calm and expecting the worse so I did not say too much.

Me: I'm going for my master's degree in accounting with a concentration in corporate accounting at the university of xyz USA.

Me: I choose the sch because I was impressed by their timely response to my many enquiries, the sch has a corporative and experiencial educational program which integrate class room experience with the real world, giving students opportunity to meet with expert and professional in their field of studies. I would have the invaluable opportunity to be mentored by professor **** who is an expert in the field, am an ardent reader of book and journal which has created a path to achieving my short term career goal of taking up the position as a senior corporate accountant. Strongly believe working with professor ***** will give me the necessary exposure that help gain expert knowledge to start up my management consulting firm.

Me: He is into oil and gas he own six filling station cut across Nigeria two in Lagos, one in the north, one In the east and two in the south and he is a major distributor of electrical appliances in Nigeria where he import from China ( when I said China I said God I done Bleep u USA n China are not in good term,but God gat me�).

Thanks to God , especially this platform has been so helpful and life changing, no day go by without reading transcript, though am a silent participant.

Congratulations!!!

I loved your approach to "Why XYZ".
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved

16 june 2021

Hearty Congratulations grin and Welcome to UNH Connecticut, USA.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved
Congrats
16 june 2021

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HazelCanny: 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
I just got admission to North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University (NCAT). Is there anyone who got admission there as well...let's help each other through the process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved

16 june 2021

Congrats. Enjoy your study at XYZ!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
Good evening great people, I have a question my people.
So I got funding of about $35k+ and the total amount I need for I-20 and visa is $49000, so I need additional $14000.

So I can get this from my savings and contribution from my sister, however I have my reservation about using personal funds as scholarship students don’t have much issue with approval of their visa.

Do you think my chances might be reduced as I’m funding the balance??, or should I try to see if I can get additional scholarship ( there might not be time for this as I’m supposed to be in the US by August), thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sincerechic: 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
How did you resolve this please?
I'm in same situation

TaiwoBa:
Please I urgently need help on this. My Emergency appointment request was approved in Lagos yesterday but up till now I am unable to book an appointment, I kept getting the message "your group size is larger than the current allocation". I have called them twice now and sent feedback on my account but nothing has happened so far. I urgently need to book an appointment. Please I will appreciate any recommendation. Thank you and stay blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HorlarJP: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hello, please can I get a funding/scholarship if I apply for an undergraduate courses?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2021
hey guy, are there no dates available for US visa? I cant seem to find any dates listed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davidkking(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
HorlarJP:
Hello, please can I get a funding/scholarship if I apply for an undergraduate courses?

absolutely.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sincerechic: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hello guys,

My emergency appointment request was approved. However, when I try to schedule the appointment, I get the following message "your group size is larger than the current allocation".

I noticed quite a number of people have had this experience. Can anyone who has been through this be kind enough to explain how it was resolved please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HorlarJP: 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Davidkking:

absolutely.
Thank you for replying me boss.
I am a resident in Dubai . Been in UAE for some months now and I have my resident ID already
Canada declined me last year and Omoh i just had to leave because Nigeria is affecting my mental health then , who knows I had miss the country and it’s not even up to a year in UAE lol. Can I process the usa study visa from uae without having to go back to Nigeria , a friend told me yes since I have a resident visa but I want to confirm very well on here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HorlarJP: 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Can anyone with good heart just List the process.
An undergraduate program with funding.
How do I even start applying?
I know I have to get an admission first
What next after then….

Well step by step we will walk the thousand miles
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by whitewizardry(m): 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Taylorwhite:
F1 Visa Approved

16 june 2021

My interview was an expression of God's grace, us

Congratulations, have a nice stay at University of xyz

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ichiko: 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
Please if your interview is tomorrow
Go and check your email. They are giving new date because of their new holiday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chaiks: 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Oh that's great. Wiah you success.D
Shanid:

Thank you so much, sir, I have done the interview and it was fine. i had one Nigerian professor and a white professor...I will score myself a little above average. I prepared for all the questions but was nervous and had a problem expressing myself well .hoping to get the result by Friday......thank you all

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adasino(f): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
Good evening all, please I need your advice

I want to get my I-20 and my step brother is the main person sponsoring my education. My COA is 35k, I have a scholarship of 10k, deficit is 25k. I have like 9k in my personal account. Should I use myself and my brother as sponsors or should I use only my brother as my sponsor?

Note: my brother's account balance covers my COA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gunbishi05: 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gracilicutes:
I key into ur blesssn

Congratulations ma'am, I'm truly happy for you, especially when your daughter asked that question.
I will also share my testimony here soon by God's grace.

Safe trip

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Helkayklassic:

Sorry about that bro. Germany dey really do you guys strong things. I was following the thread before i left. Cat A and Cat B. Lool.

You’ll need to request for your 1-20 by sending the necessary documents to WIU, pay for your visa fee, fill your DS-160 form, book appointment, pay sevis fee and prepare very well for your interview then go get your visa.

NB : It is not so easy as it is listed up there but still much easier than Germany own. Lol. Good luck.

Hope this helps?
Thanks, Bruv.

Like is this the step by step way?

1. VISA FEE (Please where do I pay it?)

2. DS-160

3. Book appointment (I guess on US embassy website, right?)

4. Pay Sevis fee.

Please let me know if this is the step by step method.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nestkojex(m): 12:02am On Jun 18, 2021
Congrats first.
But very hypocritical.
Why ask is to thank Jesus for you when you wrote the 2 should you were denied for and m but good the one you were given admission for... Lol

Nigerians sha...
Go and see how Indians and Chinese are helping one another go over there and even build communities there.
I am sure you wouldn't have posted here if not for the names you mentioned that personally assisted you in the past in this platform.
Shame
Patsido:
VISA APPROVED.
June 16, 2021.

All glory and Adoration to him who is able to do much more than we can ever ask or imagine.

This is my 3 Attempt. First was October 19, 2020 with my 9 yr old daughter at Lagos ( Florida State University, Tallahassee. Scholarship $15,000). Second Attempt, I applied alone December 2, 2020 at Abuja( Florida State University).

Third Attempt today June 16, 2021 ( Abuja). I applied with my 6 month old baby and 9 years old daughter. I couldn't imagine leaving her behind.....

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BARISTAMandela(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2021
Please I'm in a bad fix, my i20 just arrived with my uncle name affixed as my sponsor. The plot twist is that the school delayed the i20 for so long that we almost gave up, Babaa said he has used up to 70% of the money in the statement he gave me during admission and i20 request for business and won't be expecting any more funds till late September... Unfortunately, my school resumes by first week of August. I have an Aunty willing to assist me with remaining COA which is $37k,no had 38k funding, please what's the best thing to do in this dicey situation?
Please, I need advice! Cos with everything that is happening I believe this year is my year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 12:17am On Jun 18, 2021
fairheart:

Why do you need to know her University? So that people will bomb it as they now did with Western Illinois University? I heard yesterday from someone at the embassy that many applicants came with Western Illinois University I-20 and almost, if not all of them, including someone who is fully funded, were refused.

So I have advised those who are in touch with me not to reveal their schools on this forum. I advise potential applicants that will be approved to keep their school out as well. Let every student find their own school and have a unique profile, so that they will take you serious when you apply for your visa at the embassy.

For your information, WIU was funding students until over 2500 Nigerian students bombed the school with applications. Now, they are reaping the result with many refusals.

Remember, the United States has over 5000 colleges and universities, so find your own school. Do the work! Don't avoid the work! It will help your journey. This is for all of you here!

Bro, this is morally wrong as you have no right to have instructed anyone here to hide their school. How do you want others to learn if not by sharing their profile adequately others can learn from their experiences. I understand the facts that many are mentally lazy to search for schools and all but that shouldn’t connote you instructing those that have contacted you for one help or the other not to share the school they’re heading to.

Fine, at the first instance who instructed them to post their transcript here ? Nobody! But if they’re doing so from their own volition or conviction they should do so wholeheartedly so that others can learn and get to their yearnings and aspirations in life. I saw where you raised an issue where you said many got rejected as a result of applying to one particular school, that notion of yours was also wrong as well too as it’s from time immemorial prospective applicants have been applying to various schools not just only as you’ve wrongly said. Where is your statistics that justify your reasoning that many got rejected as a result of applying to WIU? What about Texas Tech , BGSU and others that are very popular among our people in 2019-2020, are you telling me that they all got rejected ? No man !!!!! That’s morally wrong and a felling of self entitlement unless you told us that you’re an agent as your position on not posting schools guys are applying to will make this nairaland post senseless, oblivion and not educative again as we know how useful it has been since it was created.

Bro, if you are helping your people that’s fine as it’s a welcome development which they will be grateful to you if at all they even recognize you at all when they are in USA as many won’t bother to reach out to you unless they need your help for 1-2 info or for their friends/relatives. Please don’t feel entitled to ANY individual feelings at all and don’t let others that intend helping the needy with schools they actually applied to do so because you can’t instruct me to hate/like who you like/hate when I am not gullible bro.

However, if you feel you’re an agent and you charge kindly let people know your thoughts/positions because it look weird to me by instigating a bad reasoning by instructing those that have been favored already to hide their school, man it’s so bad to have uttered such an erroneous statement as what this platform is meant for was to help people and no law banned anyone from posting schools they’ve gotten visa approval with or intend.

Moreover, I understand your feelings that many will steal info from those approved right , is that your thinking man? If that’s it also it’s wrong too because you yourself what you know today and become today was as a results of schools they posted here you actually know most schools, advice and counsel you are giving out to your clients or prospective students as it is hard on anyone to Google search alone and become a mentor it’s not POSSIBLE man you need others experience to understand situation and kind of advice you give man. Please leaders we actually know here don’t give such bad advice like you’ve said before as I know you to be helpful in so many ways here as I do read how helpful you render to many here until suddenly you changed your mind as that’s your life you can use it the way you like bro.

There was a guy that reached to me two days ago, he was rejected from Dartmouth college for his MBA despite having a huge scholarship he got rejected totally. Bro, are you telling me that many people applied to Dartmouth College that right ? So that’s why he was rejected ? That’s a goofed statement or erroneous thinking. Don’t pride yourself as the almighty known bro, many will get there too either getting that info here or there but it’s a great opportunity if they can have it here as that make this platform relevant every season.

Finally, my advice is that don’t think in your own figment of imagination that it’s only you that will actualize people’s dream in life, many will get to where they ever wanted in their lives. Don’t you ever think that many have becomes best of friends as a result of meeting on this platform ? Do you think many meet friends on street again unlike before ? It’s this kind of platform that intend actualizing many dreams many people meet and be useful to one another. So please don’t suffocate this platform with your self entitled mindset.

Take-Care man !!!!!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abbeYhart(m): 12:18am On Jun 18, 2021
Use your brother as sponsor.

Adasino:
Good evening all, please I need your advice

I want to get my I-20 and my step brother is the main person sponsoring my education. My COA is 35k, I have a scholarship of 10k, deficit is 25k. I have like 9k in my personal account. Should I use myself and my brother as sponsors or should I use only my brother as my sponsor?

Note: my brother's account balance covers my COA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 12:20am On Jun 18, 2021
nestkojex:
Congrats first.
But very hypocritical.
Why ask is to thank Jesus for you when you wrote the 2 should you were denied for and m but good the one you were given admission for... Lol

Nigerians sha...
Go and see how Indians and Chinese are helping one another go over there and even build communities there.
I am sure you wouldn't have posted here if not for the names you mentioned that personally assisted you in the past in this platform.
Shame

Thank you and God bless you bro. He or she must have been instructed to do so.

Nigerians create problems for themselves not even Nigeria sef grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.