Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646430 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
PLEASE when I applied for emergency appointment, I uploaded only my i-20 and admission letter but didn't upload My SEVIS fee payment receipt. Please what can I do now for me to send them the SEVIS fee receipt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
Have you sent a reminder on the feedback tab? When? Just applied yesterday. My program start date is August 5th. I am eagerly waiting for feedback. Please let me know as soon as you have their feedback. Thanks.
CelinaAK:

Wednesday morning ooo last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
richieboy1994:

Please what documents did you upload when applying for your emergency appointment?
I-20
Appointment confirmation
Ds 160
Sevis payment confirmation
GA or Admission letter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
People have been roaming since time immemorial

Hemstone:
Ok thanks. I never knew I can travel with my MTN simcard. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
Omonikansoso:
I have applied for emergency appointment since Thursday last week to Abuja Embassy uploading all the necessary documents. No response and the emergency request option has disappeared from my dashboard. Please what do I do? Thank you beautiful nairalanders.
Same with me. We all just waiting, Lagos is also full. No one has gotten approvals.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habayomee: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
Check the Feedback option on your CGI page and write a reminder mail. They will send you an acknowledgement mail though
Omonikansoso:
I have applied for emergency appointment since Thursday last week to Abuja Embassy uploading all the necessary documents. No response and the emergency request option has disappeared from my dashboard. Please what do I do? Thank you beautiful nairalanders.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gasperdelbuf: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Omonikansoso:

You have to be patience.. Abuja is getting traffic this days bcus most Lagos ppl are switching to Abuja.
Indicate when you get yours.. I applied mine last week Friday.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
CelinaAK:
Abuja is really taking time in responding to EA. And this was the reason I ran away from Lagos. God help me

How did you switch to Abuja please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habayomee: 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Send them feedback reminder mail and upload your sevis fee documents
richieboy1994:
PLEASE when I applied for emergency appointment, I uploaded only my i-20 and admission letter but didn't upload My SEVIS fee payment receipt. Please what can I do now for me to send them the SEVIS fee receipt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
GPA 3.41/5.0
Good SOP
Good LOR
No GRE
No TOEFL

Can anyone suggest a school that can offer me Ms Physics with TA for spring 2022?

Many thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
Duisburg:
GPA 3.41/5.0
Good SOP
Good LOR
No GRE
No TOEFL

Can anyone suggest a school that can offer me Ms Physics with TA for spring 2022?

Many thanks.

Try Stanford or MIT
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
haywhy17:

Try Stanford or MIT
LOL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello guys,
my sponsor statement of account is from Aug 2020 to January 2020.
I've been unable to get a recent one from him
Is the January SOA still valid for an interview that is this week?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
Futuragetty:
Hi Everyone!

I hope y'all are having a great day, Please help criticize my proposed transcript. You can rephrase and come up with whatever response you feel is better.

Where are you going to? I am going for a bachelor’s degree program in computer science at the illustrious Xavier University in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Why US? US have the best classrooms in the globe. USA has by far and away the best labs, the best facilities and the most world class education there is. In addition, USA has the finest ranked institutions, Topnotch Academic programs and offer greater opportunities in Computer science than almost anywhere in the globe.

Why Xavier University? I choose Xavier University for a variety of reasons. First, asides that I was awarded a full tuition scholarship, I have also been offered a place in her unique google in-residence program where I will be taught the basics of programming in python. Second, the google program offers internships which will help me gain many technical and non-technical skills, make personal and professional connections and build a strong resume that sets me apart from other students. Lastly, Xavier University provides a fantastic learning environment because the classes are small, the coursework are more diverse and students have more time with their professors.

Your answer to “why US” comes across as insincere. The US does not have a monopoly on classrooms a d world class facilities. You can find these in the UK, Canada or Germany.

Also if indeed world class facilities are what appeal to you, then why Xavier instead of Yale, Harvard etc.?

The “why Xavier” section is very good and personal to you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
haywhy17:

Try Stanford or MIT
Can Stanford accept 3.41?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
LeviAckerman:
Hello guys,
my sponsor statement of account is from Aug 2020 to January 2020.
I've been unable to get a recent one from him
Is the January SOA still valid for an interview that is this week?
Jan 2021? That's even like another six months till date. To your question, No.
Find how to get an updated SOA from your sponsor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
Duisburg:

lol he was been sarcastic
Do your research
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
Mcquine:

To edit the location on DS160 I'm I going to fill a new DS160 form entirely ?

Sorry for my questions
If you haven't submitted, just use the Retrieve application button and make necessary corrections.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
Malone122:
lol he was been sarcastic
Do your research
I have, and that's why I was forced to ask the group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
Duisburg:

kolewerk bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mimiessien(f): 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
please i have a question if you have been previously refused ,can you still request for an emmergency appointment.and secondly how often can one check for availability of dates daily.and lastly if you have been refused previously and got a close date can you share how you got one cos the date i am seeing is january 2022.
our elders kindly help @walspring @lagosismyhome @justwise please your input will be greatly appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
Previously refused EA or Visa? When?
mimiessien:
please i have a question if you have been previously refused ,can you still request for an emmergency appointment.and secondly how often can one check for availability of dates daily.and lastly if you have been refused previously and got a close date can you share how you got one cos the date i am seeing is january 2022.
our elders kindly help @walspring @lagosismyhome @justwise please your input will be greatly appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Bami26:
Please are you sure about this ?
I’m in this dilemma
I canceled my Lagos and I didn’t see any emergency request in Abuja
I have not moved forward cos I don’t know what to do.
How did you go about it ?
The dates I saw in Abuja are in November/December

Before you can see the emergency request tab, you will need to book regular appointment first then the emergency request tab would come up.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
Duisburg:
GPA 3.41/5.0
Good SOP
Good LOR
No GRE
No TOEFL

Many thanks.

I was just kidding with my previous reply. Try this school, southern Illinois university.
North Carolina Agric and technical university (be prepared to do WES to gain admission here)

Apply very early to these school in order to get the assistantship you desire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
Mcquine:

How did you switch to Abuja?

Did you fill another DS160 form?

Was the Emergency appointment approved?

I need urgent help please it's over two weeks for me no response from them

I cancelled my Lagos appointment first, then booked regular appointment in Abuja, then requested for emergency appointment.

Yes I filled a new DS160 for Abuja then updated it on my CGI profile.

Yes my EA was approved. They responded after 6 days (weekend included)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
ayotunde005:
This is the issue, I have only applied and requested for emergency once on the 28th of June. Now I want to switch to Abuja but I get that message on the portal. For the gurus how do I proceed? Can I still cancel and still be able to apply with the same MRV for Abuja? And will I still get opportunity for emergency appointment again.

you can use the payment only twice, so if you cancel you can use it again to apply for abuja as well as an emergency for abuja. hope that helps
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
What date did you applied for EA in Abuja? What date did you eventually book for your interview?
sslooss:

I cancelled my Lagos appointment first, then booked regular appointment in Abuja, then requested for emergency appointment.

Yes I filled a new DS160 for Abuja then updated it on my CGI profile.

Yes my EA was approved. They responded after 6 days (weekend included)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harveygordon: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by erunzy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hello please I want to make a payment to a us account in exchange for naira.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fabuloski(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
Is there anybody here going to Oregon State University for this fall? We have created a WhatsApp group and it will be better if we can all be there to share information.

So please signify, Oregon State University (OSU)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2021
ebbie9ja:
What date did you applied for EA in Abuja? What date did you eventually book for your interview?

I applied for EA in Abuja July 6 and got approved yesterday. I was able to book a July date.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.