Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643997 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 23, 2021
Jamesp008:
Good Evening house. I had been following nairaland for quite sometime now, reading all the Visa transcripts and hoping for an approval on my date as well. Anyways dream came through two days ago on june 10th, 2021 when I got approved at the Lagos embassy. My interview was slated for 7:45am but I had gotten to Walter C. By 5:40am and people were already there(shey dem dey sleep there nih��) . Anyways here is my visa transcript between I and the v.o. I was interviewed by the first V.O in window 1, he was quite advanced in age. I wore a floral shirt and sandals ��

NB: i am an undergraduate student

V.O: Pass me your passport and I-20 ( baba no even dey smile, he just denied about 3 people in front of me lol)
Me: passed the document and I said Good morning sir( he just looked up and murmured Good morning too, I noticed he was closely studying my I-20)
V.O: What's your travel plans( that was the same first question he had been asking everyone that came to him and I figured out that he meant that what are you planning to travel for)
Me: I am planning to go and study Engineering Science at the LU of Penn(I said it in full tho) located at (the full address of the school)
V.O: What's your course ( I actually knew why he asked the question , there was engineering general on my I-20 but i said engineering science but i had discovered that earlier and had spoken to my DS0 about it and she had given me the reason why it was like that and I printed out our email conversations and took it along with me so I answered)
Me: I am going to study engineering science but it is listed as engineering general on my I-20 because when I had conversations with my DSO she told me that all fresh men are technically undeclared until their second semester of the freshman year but they understand for travel purposes I will need to indicate my major so that's why it is like that .. I have the proof of our conversation here
V.O: How did you get information about the program
Me: Well I came from a high school where international education is well appreciated through the educational counsellor we have, reason why most of my seniors have gone on to pursue their tertiary education in the USA and are back here in Nigeria doing good for themselves so when it came to my turn I just had to reach out to them to get info about good engineering schools and I took that information.....(V.O cuts in)
V.O: Who is your sponsor?
Me: Although I have a full tuition scholarship, the remaining of my living expenses will be taken of by my Aunt, who is my mum's junior sister
My aunty is a chief accountant at the voice of nigeria, a radio station owned by the Federal Gov of Nigeria, she also has one of the largest farm projects in Lagos and Ogun states plus she has a lot of investments in real estate as well ( NB: at the point where I mentioned full tuition scholarship, he fixed his eyes on me and we were now maintaining eye contact.)

Then he said I will be approving your F1 visa you can pick up your passport at the so so so so ( I didn't even hear the rest) I was so damn happy
Goodluck to everyone who is going to the embassy

Hello,please what's the name of the university & can I send you an Email..thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 1:33am On Jul 23, 2021
NigPatriot:

So because he has been denied many times, hence he isn't qualified to advice visa hopefuls? That's a parochial thought process! Incontrovertibly, he is even in a good position for that because of the "many times".

Btw, how would you have even known he had been denied if not that he chose to post his experience here. It takes a lot to post a denied transcript. Most will rather be silent and wait for someone else to post something similar - and then take cues from the scrutiny.

Ironically, people will learn from denied transcripts than approved.

He should observe and learn.. not advice

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 1:33am On Jul 23, 2021
Approvalll:
It seems it’s not only understanding English you have problems with you also have a problem with your Vision eye drops are recommended

Kindly recommend one, my guy grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ogagusps3: 1:40am On Jul 23, 2021
ebbie9ja:
What date particularly did you apply?
July 7
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oluezekiel(m): 1:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Dr., Canada hasn't opened its borders yet to Americans. Only US citizens and PRs are permitted from August 9th. So I don't think you'll be able to get anyone for now.

GboyegaD:
Is there anyone going from US to Canada in the next few days?

Also, has anyone posted EAD to someone who traveled outside of US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=Duisburg post=103769980]Hello guys,

Anyone who is heading to Macomb or Chicago in spring 2022 should link up with me to prepare one another for visa.

Regards.[/quote

Let's link up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 23, 2021
Let's link up

Anyone who is heading to Macomb or Chicago in spring 2022 should link up with me to prepare one another for visa.

Regards.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 23, 2021
Hello house am,dami by name,am a 400l student who is trying to get a funded tuition in any US school, am studying Agricultural Extension & Communication technology ..I have gone through this US visa thread from pg 1- 369 ,but all I saw was soo new & strange being a newbie,pls can you guide me through on how to research for a school & other processes,am ready to learn & follow instructions, I would really appreciate your time .thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:11am On Jul 23, 2021
Predstan:

Your few posts on NAIRALAND has only been to troll and to make some jokes on Fairheart. You need to focus more on your life, and develop yourself so that you won’t have any reason to troll people that are ahead of you. I will be justified if I say that you are hiding under a troll account and do not want to reveal your self with your real account. You should get a life bro.

To prexy1999, if your PhD specialization requires common sense, you should know that Fairheart has been on this thread for over a decade. Ofcourse you are still very new to NAIRALAND and the thread. If not you won’t be asking Fairheart where he is studying in 2021 just as you won’t be asking Lagosismyhome, walspring, or twoods where they are studying in America.

Only a dingbat will not know that twoods criticism comes from a place of envy, Schadenfreude, and some egotistic pride. The same man who said that someone can never study or go to the US. The same person who derive joy from other people’s failure but he (twood) himself is in the Us married to a white woman(not lady) for the paper and claiming the saint moses or saint Banabas. Anyway, only new people on this thread will take him serious.

Back to your unfortunate queries about Fairheart. You can signify yourself if Fairheart has requested a fee from you for the basic help he has rendered for you. He has been on this thread for years helping people both online and offline but you think it’s a problem for him to open a study abroad consultancy even though majority of his students are not from this thread?

So I forgot to include a troll and a dimwit Haywhy17 whose only job and task on this thread is to attack people. If you are not trying to correct people’s English, you are attacking them for speaking American English and the latest is mocking someone because he/she got denied of the US visa. What I’ve noticed about you trolls is that you got nothing doing, unaccomplished or you are just some high school students looking for attention. These are people who made sure people like BigFrancis, Lagosismyhome and some other helpful folks walk away. You guys are the ones who need help most but you are always first to attack anyone in an uncultured manner.

You were first exposed to US and the visa on Lionlee’s thread and still struggling to understand how to start and where to start. You keep jumping from the UK thread to the US to troll and attack
People because you don’t know what you want. I hope that you retrace your steps. The fact that Justwise has been away or can’t see these posts is even why this things keep growing. People like this should not be able to post on this thread.

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 3:21am On Jul 23, 2021
Hey, Congratulations

If you ever want to get away, I am in Oxford, 45minutes drive from Cincinnati !

I wish you safe travels
CafeNoir:
School: University of Cincinnati
Funding: N21,000 +
Deficit: N23,000
Sponsor: Uncle
Department: Aerospace Engr

My initial fears
- Brother in the US
- Source of funding is Uncle not Parent
- Not married
- No travel history

I interviewed with the loudest VO there. I saw that guy reject so many people and the fact that his voice is loud did not help. Man, I was so scared, I wanted to shit my pants. Anyways...

VO: Good morning. Pass me your passport and your i-20
Me: Good morning, sir.

VO: Tell me about your program and your plans.
Me: I am going to the University of Cincinnati for my Masters's degree in Aerospace engineering and Engineering Mechanics. My research area is going to be on Advanced combustion methods and alternative fuels. This basically looks into unconventional modes of combustion that increase the efficiency of gas turbines and also reduces the emission of certain toxic fumes. Since I currently work with steam and gas turbines in the Nigerian Power Sector, I am aware of the challenges that plague gas turbines and I hope my master's degree will equip me with enough knowledge to at least solve some of these challenges. (I might have mentioned the application of Gas Turbines in the Power Sector too.)

VO types and types and types. He didn't even make eye contact with me.

VO : Which family member is funding the rest of your studies. (My i-20 has "Family member" as a source of funds)
Me : My Uncle, my dad's brother.

VO : And what does he do?
Me : He's a director at xxxxx and he owns some property in xxxx which he rents out for both residential and commercial purposes.

I thought he was going to ask for SOA, but nope, Jesu mi o je. grin grin
Na so baba separate my i-20 from my passport. OMO, as I see say he separate am, I burst smile grin grin.

VO: I will be approving your visa. Make sure you take your i-20 with you to POE. Yada yada yada... I no even hear again. I just dey smile like idiot.
Me: Thank you.

VO: Also make sure you get some jackets because Cincinnati gets cold during the winter.
Me: * for my mind "Oga, no worry about that one, I go pack plenty jacket"

Tips:

1. Go with all required documents and supporting documents. Don't pay attention to those photocopying street guys, they will confuse you with different document names and then ask you to print with N2000 per copy. Complete your documents at home and stay focused. No lose guard.

2. Be confident. I know, I know. It is easier said than done, but it is necessary. That place is designed to stress you. You will be hearing people get rejected. You will see people freeze out of fear, but do not let it throw you off. Don't be tempted to change your answer last minute.

Imagine, the first thing I heard when I entered the hall was someone's rejection. In fact, I saw someone froze in front of the VO. He couldn't speak properly, his voice was quivering, and I know it wasn't for lack of preparation but fear. O' boy, fear hook me for like the first 5 mins, but I had to just calm down. Start to sing in your head if it will help you calm down; it helped me calm down sha.

3. Prep like your life depends on it. I had like 15 mock interviews in the space of two months, no joke. Be able to answer certain questions in your sleep. Especially questions about your research area and its link to your career plans IN NIGERIA.

4. Of course, if you believe in any form of deity, pray to it. I can't deny the place of grace in my experience.
Anyway, I wish everyone good luck.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justwise(m): 6:03am On Jul 23, 2021
Prexy1999:

grin grin grin

An agent that charges 50,000 naira for holding mock and editing prospective clients transcript.

@ fairheart is this allegation true?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 6:11am On Jul 23, 2021
justwise:

@ fairheart is this allegation true?
Read his chats back he even mentioned it that he charge people and he didn’t hide it. There are evidence and screenshots to that as he can’t deny that facts! I just pity those defending him as they belonged to the same categories grin.
I can share the number of that person he charged (50,000 naira for mock interviews and editing transcript) to you if you can chat with the person privately and ask yourself and if not TRUE you can suspend and banned my account. Fairheart has been charging people for long under the false pretenses of helping them which is bad as that’s the notion I have raised against him him that is ALL.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 6:12am On Jul 23, 2021
Predstan:

Your few posts on NAIRALAND has only been to troll and to make some jokes on Fairheart. You need to focus more on your life, and develop yourself so that you won’t have any reason to troll people that are ahead of you. I will be justified if I say that you are hiding under a troll account and do not want to reveal your self with your real account. You should get a life bro.

To prexy1999, if your PhD specialization requires common sense, you should know that Fairheart has been on this thread for over a decade. Ofcourse you are still very new to NAIRALAND and the thread. If not you won’t be asking Fairheart where he is studying in 2021 just as you won’t be asking Lagosismyhome, walspring, or twoods where they are studying in America.

Only a dingbat will not know that twoods criticism comes from a place of envy, Schadenfreude, and some egotistic pride. The same man who said that someone can never study or go to the US. The same person who derive joy from other people’s failure but he (twood) himself is in the Us married to a white woman(not lady) for the paper and claiming the saint moses or saint Banabas. Anyway, only new people on this thread will take him serious.

Back to your unfortunate queries about Fairheart. You can signify yourself if Fairheart has requested a fee from you for the basic help he has rendered for you. He has been on this thread for years helping people both online and offline but you think it’s a problem for him to open a study abroad consultancy even though majority of his students are not from this thread?
Fairheart has changed his stylesgrin

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2021
Predstan:

‘’Not playing with a full deck’’ angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adewaleuthman: 6:32am On Jul 23, 2021
Predstan:

Who is this young man? There is nothing more annoying than somebody who is really thick but who believes with absolute conviction that he is more intelligent than you. In other words, they tend to be very self-contained, introspective and deep down they’re probably striving for affection. Yet they have no way of going about attaining this, so they tend to rub people up the wrong way.

I rest my case with you fairheart mentee as I will never reply your stupidity AGAIN.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2021
Predstan:

So I forgot to include a troll and a dimwit Haywhy17 whose only job and task on this thread is to attack people. If you are not trying to correct people’s English, you are attacking them for speaking American English and the latest is mocking someone because he/she got denied of the US visa. What I’ve noticed about you trolls is that you got nothing doing, unaccomplished or you are just some high school students looking for attention. These are people who made sure people like BigFrancis, Lagosismyhome and some other helpful folks walk away. You guys are the ones who need help most but you are always first to attack anyone in an uncultured manner.

You were first exposed to US and the visa on Lionlee’s thread and still struggling to understand how to start and where to start. You keep jumping from the UK thread to the US to troll and attack
People because you don’t know what you want. I hope that you retrace your steps. The fact that Justwise has been away or can’t see these posts is even why this things keep growing. People like this should not be able to post on this thread.

Thanks for the recognition. I personally feel honored. I'm still sharing sallah meat o. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2021
To those wagging their tongues, it's not like I'm unkind, heartless like y'all think and assume. I think you just like to cover things like typical Nigerians would do. Instead of you to say things as they are, you will be taking corners to say things. Not like I'm mocking Approvalll or anything because of his denials. The first time I came across his post, I was even bothered and gave my own 1 Satoshi of advice to him until I noticed how unserious he always sounds. So I stopped taking him serious. My sacarsm sometimes are too strong. I apologize for that but I still try straighten things up when I discover it's getting out of hand. I don't know how old Approvalll is but I think I've got some respect for him. He must be a Gunner fan sha. To the "gboromideleru" , you can go and take your apology from Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by justwise(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2021
Prexy1999:

Read his chats back he even mentioned it that he charge people and he didn’t hide it. There are evidence and screenshots to that as he can’t deny that facts! I just pity those defending him as they belonged to the same categories grin.
I can share the number of that person he charged (50,000 naira for mock interviews and editing transcript) to you if you can chat with the person privately and ask yourself and if not TRUE you can suspend and banned my account. Fairheart has been charging people for long under the false pretenses of helping them which is bad as that’s the notion I have raised against him him that is ALL.

Can you quote the chat?

Is the person he charged 50K a member here?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2021
haywhy17:
To those wagging their tongues, it's not like I'm unkind, heartless like y'all think and assume. I think you just like to cover things like typical Nigerians would do. Instead of you to say things as they are, you will be taking corners to say things. Not like I'm mocking Approvalll or anything because of his denials. The first time I came across his post, I was even bothered and gave my own 1 Satoshi of advice to him until I noticed how unserious he always sounds. So I stopped taking him serious. My sacarsm sometimes are too strong. I apologize for that but I still try straighten things up when I discover it's getting out of hand. I don't know how old Approvalll is but I think I've got some respect for him. He must be a Gunner fan sha. To the "gboromideleru" , you can go and take your apology from Buhari.

You can use your sarcasm to open a comedy blog or something. But this is a forum and if you don't have anything helpful to contribute, then just be a reader.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaAyomikun(m): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2021
TWoods:

Very difficult but not impossible. You may have to justify why you're going for another bachelors degree. Any reason you can't do a masters instead?

I want to change my area of interest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 8:07am On Jul 23, 2021
As Much as I don’t love to engage in brickbats or controversies among people here due to the way we air our minds on any issue that arises but I have learnt a lot here which paved ways for me to be In USA Today and to be a mentor and leader to many people, prospective students who aspire to come here to have their Msc/PhD. I am grateful to Nairaland!

On Fairheart Saga. I have keenly followed how Prexy1999 and others have insulted, challenged his credibility, subjected him to all sort of things to know his intention etc. All I can say is that I didn’t know him at all until he chatted me up himself once back in 2018/19 if I ever need help and I told him I’m fine which I really appreciate his kind gesture for reaching out to me after my closed friend shared my number to him to help me. Thank you I really appreciate that gesture !

But Guys, Mentioning his names doesn't make him a thief let us get it right at the back of our mindset please guys as we have never see anyone reported him here of any wrongdoing. Those paying chose to pay. I don't know why we are taking it so serious. Though i am not in support of billing people as the aim of this thread by the founding fathers was to ‘’HELP ONE ANOTHER FREELY WITHOUT CHARGING KOBO’’.

However, But if he (fairheart) have billed anyone, you went as far as going to their PM, if not, the person should have asked the question here. Some people don't play with their time as we are all busy here 24/7 with our lives which is cleared to all and if you want that time, pay for it. Else ask your questions here and The purpose of this thread like I said earlier before is to get things done yourself, so if at any point you are reaching out to people to help you hunt for schools then the purpose has been defeated.

Therefore, It was then I realized, though there are lots of people on this thread that are genuinely helping people selflessly like ME as I helped many people to come to USA and have a good life, All glory belongs to God Almighty! I must say but one or two people are here to make there presence known, so as to get there potential "customers". A sorts of business strategy.

Furthermore, I dislike the act of condemning people's time and effort. Fairheart has contributed in his own way on this thread which I believe some have gained from him . One may think the information one has is the most correct, another person can come out to counter it by giving another with better points with which the former commenter may learn from.

Finally, We all have our flaws. We should learn to tolerate one another as brothers and sisters. We can disagree on some issues then agree to them later. We learn everyday. ‘’Let's learn to be grateful’’.

One love fam.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2021
Dam417:
Hello house am,dami by name,am a 400l student who is trying to get a funded tuition in any US school, am studying Agricultural Extension & Communication technology ..I have gone through this US visa thread from pg 1- 369 ,but all I saw was soo new & strange being a newbie,pls can you guide me through on how to research for a school & other processes,am ready to learn & follow instructions, I would really appreciate your time .thanks

I assume you're in your finals in school. First of all try to decide which cohort you want to go for. Fall/spring/summer. Fall is usually the most prominent of the three, because there is usually more intakes and funding opportunities. Fall begins usually August/September. While application begins Oct/November of the previous year.

So what you need to do is to decide the program you want to go for, you didn't state if it's BSc Msc or PhD you want to go for. Well, firstly search for schools using Google, type in key words " schools in the US offering xx course" check USnews, msinus. Also another notorious way to search for schools are through recommendation, you can use social media- (I know someone who found his school via facebook), but LinkedIn might be your best bet, search for people in courses you're interested in and send them a message asking relevant questions. The US has quite a number of schools, nobody expects you to research on each of them, streamline to about 10 of them. (Use criteria like ranking, faculty depth, acceptance rate, funding opportunities, location). A way to know all of these is simply going to the schools website, and always try to mail the graduate cordianators of schools before spending any amount on application fees - this will save you stress on the long run.

When you've gotten schools you want to apply to, look out for their requirements to gain admission, - GRE, TOEFL, GPA cutoffs,Statement of purpose, letter of recommendations. Etc. One tip that will aid and expedite your application is to get your unofficial transcript ready.

This is a summary of the application process. Then when you've gotten admission. Next is the visa stage, request your i20 from the school, pay your Sevis fee, pay your MRV fee, book a date and then attend the interview.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2021
walepepe21:
As Much as I don’t love to engage in brickbats or controversies among people here due to the way we air our minds on any issue that arises but I have learnt a lot here which paved ways for me to be In USA Today and to be a mentor and leader to many people, prospective students who aspire to come here to have their Msc/PhD. I am grateful to Nairaland!

On Fairheart Saga. I have keenly followed how Prexy1999 and others have insulted, challenged his credibility, subjected him to all sort of things to know his intention etc. All I can say is that I didn’t know him at all until he chatted me up himself once back in 2018/19 if I ever need help and I told him I’m fine which I really appreciate his kind gesture for reaching out to me after my closed friend shared my number to him to help me. Thank you I really appreciate that gesture !

But Guys, Mentioning his names doesn't make him a thief let us get it right at the back of our mindset please guys as we have never see anyone reported him here of any wrongdoing. Those paying chose to pay. I don't know why we are taking it so serious. Though i am not in support of billing people as the aim of this thread by the founding fathers was to ‘’HELP ONE ANOTHER FREELY WITHOUT CHARGING KOBO’’.

However, But if he (fairheart) have billed anyone, you went as far as going to their PM, if not, the person should have asked the question here. Some people don't play with their time as we are all busy here 24/7 with our lives which is cleared to all and if you want that time, pay for it. Else ask your questions here and The purpose of this thread like I said earlier before is to get things done yourself, so if at any point you are reaching out to people to help you hunt for schools then the purpose has been defeated.

Therefore, It was then I realized, though there are lots of people on this thread that are genuinely helping people selflessly like ME as I helped many people to come to USA and have a good life, All glory belongs to God Almighty! I must say but one or two people are here to make there presence known, so as to get there potential "customers". A sorts of business strategy.

Furthermore, I dislike the act of condemning people's time and effort. Fairheart has contributed in his own way on this thread which I believe some have gained from him . One may think the information one has is the most correct, another person can come out to counter it by giving another with better points with which the former commenter may learn from.

Finally, We all have our flaws. We should learn to tolerate one another as brothers and sisters. We can disagree on some issues then agree to them later. We learn everyday. ‘’Let's learn to be grateful’’.

One love fam.

Honestly! I can't agree more. I myself have helped lots of guys who have gone to not just safe but ambitious schools including: Stanford, RWTH,Duke,Delft, Cambridge & Tsinghua. I have lots count of the numbers but I believe we should respect everyone's private time.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2021
NigPatriot:

You can use your sarcasm to open a comedy blog or something. But this is a forum and if you don't have anything helpful to contribute, then just be a reader.

I hope Buhari apologized to you...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2021
haywhy17:

I hope Buhari apologized to you...
Can you take some time to think for once before making statements?

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2021
NigPatriot:

I assume you're in your finals in school. First of all try to decide which cohort you want to go for. Fall/spring/summer. Fall is usually the most prominent of the three, because there is usually more intakes and funding opportunities. Fall begins usually August/September. While application begins Oct/November of the previous year.

So what you need to do is to decide the program you want to go for, you didn't state if it's BSc Msc or PhD you want to go for. Well, firstly search for schools using Google, type in key words " schools in the US offering xx course" check USnews, msinus. Also another notorious way to search for schools are through recommendation, you can use social media- (I know someone who found his school via facebook), but LinkedIn might be your best bet, search for people in courses you're interested in and send them a message asking relevant questions. The US has quite a number of schools, nobody expects you to research on each of them, streamline to about 10 of them. (Use criteria like ranking, faculty depth, acceptance rate, funding opportunities, location). A way to know all of these is simply going to the schools website, and always try to mail the graduate cordianators of schools before spending any amount on application fees - this will save you stress on the long run.

When you've gotten schools you want to apply to, look out for their requirements to gain admission, - GRE, TOEFL, GPA cutoffs,Statement of purpose, letter of recommendations. Etc. One tip that will aid and expedite your application is to get your unofficial transcript ready.

This is a summary of the application process. Then when you've gotten admission. Next is the visa stage, request your i20 from the school, pay your Sevis fee, pay your MRV fee, book a date and then attend the interview.

thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2021
I also got my visa approved today at the Lagos embassy as at 7:40am.
I want to give God all the glory for his mercies and letting my hard-work pay off. I had a lot of fears before my interview because my sponsor stays in the same state I’ll be going for my studies, I have a BA Degree in history and I’m going for my Masters in Supply chain management and also I have been denied the b1/b2 visa twice in 2017 but to the glory of God today, I wasn’t even asked a lot of questions. I barely spent 2 minutes with the VO that interviewed me.

NO TA/Funding
University of Houston
Masters of Science in SCM
Tuition for a year: 44,000 (fully paid for)

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going for my masters of science in supply chain management at the university of Houston.

VO: I don’t understand what’s on your 1-20 it says management science
Me: It’s stated as management science under the school sevis ID

He was typing seriously and I kept looking at him.

VO: Tell me about this program
Me: UH masters of science is a non thesis 30 credit hours designed to be completed in 24 months and I’ll be (cuts in)

VO: why did you choose this school?
Me: I chose this school because I’m impressed with the fact the professors in this department integrate (Cuts in again)

VO: How long have you worked in this field?
Me: 3 years and counting

VO:How did you find out about the school?
Me; I found out about the school through my former boss

VO; what’s the name of the company
Me: Company xyz

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle xyz. He’s an engineer and works with Xyz and he has also payed for my tuition and accommodation

VO: okay( went quite for some seconds looking around then he handed me the white paper). Take this with your at the POE if not there will be big wahala.

Me: Thank you sir with a big smile on my face.

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.