Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644031 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2021
Dam417:

Hello,please what's the name of the university & can I send you an Email..thanks

From my wealth of experience this should be the Main Campus at Lincoln University. Hope that helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by handello: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2021
Please when did you apply for the emergency appointment and when did the embassy approve your request. I applied for emergency appointment 4 weeks ago and i'm yet to get an approval.
If you’ve requested an emergency appointment for a while now, I suggest you write an email to these emails; support-nigeria@istraveldocs.com and support@ustraveldocs.com stating when you requested an emergency and your resumption date. No need to attach documents if you attached in your emergency request. Worked yesterday.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2021
Phaithy:
I also got my visa approved today at the Lagos embassy as at 7:40am.
I want to give God all the glory for his mercies and letting my hard-work pay off. I had a lot of fears before my interview because my sponsor stays in the same state I’ll be going for my studies, I have a BA Degree in history and I’m going for my Masters in Supply chain management and also I have been denied the b1/b2 visa twice in 2017 but to the glory of God today, I wasn’t even asked a lot of questions. I barely spent 2 minutes with the VO that interviewed me.

NO TA/Funding
University of Houston Bauer College of Business
Masters of Science in Supply Chain Management
Initial interview time: 9:15am
Interview done: 7:40am
Tuition for a year: 44,000 (fully paid for)
No deficit

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going for my masters of science in supply chain management at the university of Houston.

VO: I don’t understand what’s on your 1-20 it says management science
Me: It’s stated as management science under the school sevis ID

He was typing seriously and I kept looking at him.

VO: Tell me about this program
Me: UH masters of science is a non thesis 30 credit hours designed to be completed in 24 months with a 9 months OPT which makes its 33 months and I’ll be (cuts in)

VO: why did you choose this school?
Me: I chose this school because I’m impressed with the fact the professors in this department integrate (Cuts in again)

VO: How long have you worked in this field?
Me: 3 years and counting

VO:How did you find out about the school?
Me; I found out about the school through my former boss

VO; what’s the name of the company
Me: Company xyz

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle xyz. He’s an engineer and works with Chevron and he has also payed for my tuition and accommodation

VO: okay( went quite for some seconds looking around then he handed me the white paper). Take this with your at the POE if not there will be big wahala.

Me: Thank you sir with a big smile on my face.

Congrats. So your sponsor has fully paid your tuition for a year prior to your interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 10:13am On Jul 23, 2021
Hearty Congratulations @Phaithy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2021
Duisburg:

Can you take some time to think for once before making statements?

nope
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2021
Thanks for the info @NigPatriot

I assume you're in your finals in school. First of all try to decide which cohort you want to go for. Fall/spring/summer. Fall is usually the most prominent of the three, because there is usually more intakes and funding opportunities. Fall begins usually August/September. While application begins Oct/November of the previous year.

So what you need to do is to decide the program you want to go for, you didn't state if it's BSc Msc or PhD you want to go for. Well, firstly search for schools using Google, type in key words " schools in the US offering xx course" check USnews, msinus. Also another notorious way to search for schools are through recommendation, you can use social media- (I know someone who found his school via facebook), but LinkedIn might be your best bet, search for people in courses you're interested in and send them a message asking relevant questions. The US has quite a number of schools, nobody expects you to research on each of them, streamline to about 10 of them. (Use criteria like ranking, faculty depth, acceptance rate, funding opportunities, location). A way to know all of these is simply going to the schools website, and always try to mail the graduate cordianators of schools before spending any amount on application fees - this will save you stress on the long run.

When you've gotten schools you want to apply to, look out for their requirements to gain admission, - GRE, TOEFL, GPA cutoffs,Statement of purpose, letter of recommendations. Etc. One tip that will aid and expedite your application is to get your unofficial transcript ready.

This is a summary of the application process. Then when you've gotten admission. Next is the visa stage, request your i20 from the school, pay your Sevis fee, pay your MRV fee, book a date and then attend the interview.

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Pefuele:

Congrats. So your sponsor has fully paid your tuition for a year prior to your interview?

Yes he did.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2021
Thanks bro

From my wealth of experience this should be the Main Campus at Lincoln University. Hope that helps. [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wanderlust18: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Good morning all.

Please what can one do when denied EA for Lagos twice?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by klawaaa: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2021
I would say the guy in question 'Fairheart' proposed a lot of hypotheses here which some of us wondered what would have been the reasons behind some of his bad and devilish gestures. For instance, he has come here severally telling people to hide their name of school and programs. He would always want to give advices that would give the newbies longest and complex routes to solve problems that seems obvious and easy to solve. I was forced to object some of his demonic thought about people searching for programs. I know how nairaland has made my life way easier considering the fact that I am a researcher in one of the hard sciences in the states. I was forced to analyze his thoughts on many of his opinions about people searching for schools and programs in the states with my methodology as a researcher and I just can't find some of his opinions making any sense. hence, I objected them so strongly but little did I know that he has some primitive and selfish interests that he is pushing. I would propose that his antecedents are thoroughly checked.
walepepe21:
As Much as I don’t love to engage in brickbats or controversies among people here due to the way we air our minds on any issue that arises but I have learnt a lot here which paved ways for me to be In USA Today and to be a mentor and leader to many people, prospective students who aspire to come here to have their Msc/PhD. I am grateful to Nairaland!

On Fairheart Saga. I have keenly followed how Prexy1999 and others have insulted, challenged his credibility, subjected him to all sort of things to know his intention etc. All I can say is that I didn’t know him at all until he chatted me up himself once back in 2018/19 if I ever need help and I told him I’m fine which I really appreciate his kind gesture for reaching out to me after my closed friend shared my number to him to help me. Thank you I really appreciate that gesture !

But Guys, Mentioning his names doesn't make him a thief let us get it right at the back of our mindset please guys as we have never see anyone reported him here of any wrongdoing. Those paying chose to pay. I don't know why we are taking it so serious. Though i am not in support of billing people as the aim of this thread by the founding fathers was to ‘’HELP ONE ANOTHER FREELY WITHOUT CHARGING KOBO’’.

However, But if he (fairheart) have billed anyone, you went as far as going to their PM, if not, the person should have asked the question here. Some people don't play with their time as we are all busy here 24/7 with our lives which is cleared to all and if you want that time, pay for it. Else ask your questions here and The purpose of this thread like I said earlier before is to get things done yourself, so if at any point you are reaching out to people to help you hunt for schools then the purpose has been defeated.

Therefore, It was then I realized, though there are lots of people on this thread that are genuinely helping people selflessly like ME as I helped many people to come to USA and have a good life, All glory belongs to God Almighty! I must say but one or two people are here to make there presence known, so as to get there potential "customers". A sorts of business strategy.

Furthermore, I dislike the act of condemning people's time and effort. Fairheart has contributed in his own way on this thread which I believe some have gained from him . One may think the information one has is the most correct, another person can come out to counter it by giving another with better points with which the former commenter may learn from.

Finally, We all have our flaws. We should learn to tolerate one another as brothers and sisters. We can disagree on some issues then agree to them later. We learn everyday. ‘’Let's learn to be grateful’’.

One love fam.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Animashaunm: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2021
Please help me o....my I am going for an undergraduate degree and my Visa interview is next week help me please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2021
Wanderlust18:
Good morning all.

Please what can one do when denied EA for Lagos twice?
nothing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wanderlust18: 10:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Malone122:
nothing
Can I cancel the Lagos appointment and switch to Abuja?
Will I still be able to get Emergency Request for Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2021
Pls can I pm you..which school??
Animashaunm post=
104001426]Please help me o....my I am going for an undergraduate degree and my Visa interview is next week help me please.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2021
Juice2Pac:

Lol bad guy, he married white woman to get Green Card. And you are always attacking people saying it’s obvious that they are not going to U.S to study now see yourself now, that’s what I was trying to say if you talk too much, you say stuffs you not supposed to say, see how you open your yansh now. Now who japa to U.S to settle down now if not you….. Married white woman in just 3 years, that was fast. You dey part of those wey dey make visa difficult sometimes. smh
t. Woods has spent more than 8 years in US.
He should probably have his PHD by now .
You guys really don't know him

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 23, 2021
Wanderlust18:

Can I cancel the Lagos appointment and switch to Abuja?
Will I still be able to get Emergency Request for Abuja?
if you have been denied within the past 6 months it’s likely it would be denied again only if by chance they approve it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mercydale143: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2021
Congratulations, I also got mine approved in Lagos today.
Phaithy:
I want to give God all the glory for his mercies and letting my hard-work pay off. I had a lot of fears before my interview because my sponsor stays in the same state I’ll be going for my studies, I have a BA Degree in history and I’m going for my Masters in Supply chain management and also I have been denied the b1/b2 visa twice in 2017 but to the glory of God today, I wasn’t even asked a lot of questions. I barely spent 2 minutes with the VO that interviewed me.

NO TA/Funding
No deficit

Me: I’m going for my masters of science in supply chain management at the university of Houston.

Me: UH masters of science is a non thesis 30 credit hours designed to be completed in 24 months with a 9 months OPT which makes its 33 months and I’ll be (cuts in)

Me: I chose this school because I’m impressed with the fact the professors in this department integrate (Cuts in again)

Me: my uncle xyz. He’s an engineer and works with Chevron and he has also payed for my tuition and accommodation

VO: okay( went quite for some seconds looking around then he handed me the white paper). Take this with your at the POE if not there will be big wahala.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bami26: 11:08am On Jul 23, 2021
F1 VISA in Walter Carrington, Lagos .
23rd July
Visa status: Approved ✅

It could have only been God because I stammered and was sooo scared and afraid. Thank you Jesus for this grace because I can testify that only you did it !
Me: good morning sir !
VO: Hello
VO: What is your purpose of visit to the UNited States?
Me: I am going for my masters degree at thomas Jefferson university Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
VO: what is your career goal?
Me: I told him I’d become a licensed phytochemical drug research here in Nigeria at the Nigerian institute of medical research (I was shaking and talking fast here, he told me to catch my breath )
VO: who will be sponsoring you ?
Me: my father who works at Bleep will be sponsoring me although I have some momey from my grandparents as my trust funds but he will be sponsoring me completely (here he asked me to calm down again, I legit told him I was sick �)
VO: does he have a domicilliary account ?
Me: yes he does
VO: I will be approving your visa.
Me: *shaking* thank you sir. Please what’s your name ?
VO: he tells me his name.
Me: collects white paper and runs out of the place
Thank you Jesus because I don’t know who else to thank

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2021
Phaithy:

Yes he did.

Sounds great. Enjoy your study in Houston!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2021
Bami26:
23rd July

It could have only been God because I stammered and was sooo scared and afraid. Thank you Jesus for this grace because I can testify that only you did it !
Me: I am going for my masters degree at thomas Jefferson university Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Me: I told him I’d become a licensed phytochemical drug research here in Nigeria at the Nigerian institute of medical research (I was shaking and talking fast here, he told me to catch my breath )
Me: my father who works at Bleep will be sponsoring me although I have some momey from my grandparents as my trust funds but he will be sponsoring me completely (here he asked me to calm down again, I legit told him I was sick �)

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2021
Dam417:
Thanks bro

From my wealth of experience this should be the Main Campus at Lincoln University. Hope that helps.

You welcome. Best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phaithy: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2021
Mercydale143:
Congratulations, I also got mine approved in Lagos today.

Congratulations � to you too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Musiclives: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

Anyone here get an Emergency Appointment approved from Lagos and applied for EA after July 7th?

Not sure what next steps should be- on the one hand, the approval can come in anytime and waiting might be worthwhile. On the other hand, maybe Lagos Consulate is not approving emergency requests yet and Abuja is a better option.

Please advise, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2021
Musiclives:
Hello everyone,

Anyone here get an Emergency Appointment approved from Lagos and applied for EA after July 7th?

Not sure what next steps should be- on the one hand, the approval can come in anytime and waiting might be worthwhile. On the other hand, maybe Lagos Consulate is not approving emergency requests yet and Abuja is a better option.

Please advise, thanks.

At this point it is difficult to say because response is being delayed from abuja, I think you should try mailing the lagos consulate first, if nothing is forthcoming, then make the abuja switch. goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bidemialade43: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2021
Bami26:
23rd July

Congratulations baby girl... go and flourish�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Animashaunm: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2021
Twood please help me out o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Animashaunm: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=Dam417 post=104001677]Pls can I pm you..which school??
Animashaunm post=
104001426]Please help me o....my I am going for an undergraduate degree and my Visa interview is next week help me please.[/quote

Southwest Minnesota state University]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damazee: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hello All, please is there anyone who got EA approval/denial in Lagos in the last 4-weeks?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=Hallelujahvoice post=103824472]

Xcence Guest House by Emeka Anyaoku Street, Area 11, Garki is great. #500 to the Embassy via bolt. Close to the popular Ojuelegba restaurant if you don't want hotel food.
From personal experience, there's light 24/7.[/quo

I sent you a message, please check your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pufframmy: 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
congrat

Phaithy:

NO TA/Funding
No deficit

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.