Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644020 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hello house,

I have learnt a lot in the short time of coming across this forum. God bless the frontliners for all you do and everyone who puts forward positive infos.

However, I will like to ask some questions.
I will be having my interview next month and this is what my status looks like.
Age - 23
Course - Nursing (2nd Bachelor's degree)
Funding - No scholarship (my parents are paying)

Questions-
1. During the course of filling my DS160, I choose Lagos as where I would like have an interview but I didn't get a date in Lagos so I picked a date in Abuja. Would it be a challenge?
2. My DS160 and I20 indicates my parent's business name as the sponsors. Is it a red flag?
3. On my DS160, I didn't fill my school's name as organization for contact person though I filled the in the school official's name andphone no. in this part. Would I have to refill this form?

Anticipating your replies...many thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Toriah789:
Hello house,

I have learnt a lot in the short time of coming across this forum. God bless the frontliners for all you do and everyone who puts forward positive infos.

However, I will like to ask some questions.
I will be having my interview next month and this is what my status looks like.
Age - 23
Course - Nursing (2nd Bachelor's degree)
Funding - No scholarship (my parents are paying)

Questions-
1. During the course of filling my DS160, I choose Lagos as where I would like have an interview but I didn't get a date in Lagos so I picked a date in Abuja. Would it be a challenge?
2. My DS160 and I20 indicates my parent's business name as the sponsors. Is it a red flag?
3. On my DS160, I didn't fill my school's name as organization for contact person though I filled the in the school official's name andphone no. in this part. Would I have to refill this form?

Anticipating your replies...many thanks

1) your ds160 should be the same location with your interview if it’s not refill

2) it is not a red flag just go with their statements of account whomever the sponsors are or is

3) well that’s okay to use the schools address as contact person you are good but since you are using the school the best option to select is school official
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennedyiheme: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
New to this...if you have just sec school certificate... how do you go about this student visa, what are the requirements
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by researcher108: 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
Damazee:
Hello All, please is there anyone who got EA approval/denial in Lagos in the last 4-weeks?

Yes. EA Approval
Last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ray2018: 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
Must your DS160 be same with your interview location?
I do not think this is true. People travel from different parts of Nigeria to have interviews in Lagos or Abuja.

Malone122:

1) your ds160 should be the same location with your interview if it’s not refill

2) it is not a red flag just go with their statements of account whomever the sponsors are or is

3) well that’s okay to use the schools address as contact person you are good but since you are using the school the best option to select is school official
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Congratulations
Phaithy:
I also got my visa approved today at the Lagos embassy as at 7:40am.
I want to give God all the glory for his mercies and letting my hard-work pay off. I had a lot of fears before my interview because my sponsor stays in the same state I’ll be going for my studies, I have a BA Degree in history and I’m going for my Masters in Supply chain management and also I have been denied the b1/b2 visa twice in 2017 but to the glory of God today, I wasn’t even asked a lot of questions. I barely spent 2 minutes with the VO that interviewed me.

NO TA/Funding
University of Houston Bauer College of Business
Masters of Science in Supply Chain Management
Initial interview time: 9:15am
Interview done: 7:40am
Tuition for a year: 44,000 (fully paid for)
No deficit

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going for my masters of science in supply chain management at the university of Houston.

VO: I don’t understand what’s on your 1-20 it says management science
Me: It’s stated as management science under the school sevis ID

He was typing seriously and I kept looking at him.

VO: Tell me about this program
Me: UH masters of science is a non thesis 30 credit hours designed to be completed in 24 months with a 9 months OPT which makes its 33 months and I’ll be (cuts in)

VO: why did you choose this school?
Me: I chose this school because I’m impressed with the fact the professors in this department integrate (Cuts in again)

VO: How long have you worked in this field?
Me: 3 years and counting

VO:How did you find out about the school?
Me; I found out about the school through my former boss

VO; what’s the name of the company
Me: Company xyz

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle xyz. He’s an engineer and works with Chevron and he has also payed for my tuition and accommodation

VO: okay( went quite for some seconds looking around then he handed me the white paper). Take this with your at the POE if not there will be big wahala.

Me: Thank you sir with a big smile on my face.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
Congratulations the God that did it for you will do it for us in Jesus mighty name Amen
Bami26:
F1 VISA in Walter Carrington, Lagos .
23rd July
Visa status: Approved ✅

It could have only been God because I stammered and was sooo scared and afraid. Thank you Jesus for this grace because I can testify that only you did it !
Me: good morning sir !
VO: Hello
VO: What is your purpose of visit to the UNited States?
Me: I am going for my masters degree at thomas Jefferson university Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
VO: what is your career goal?
Me: I told him I’d become a licensed phytochemical drug research here in Nigeria at the Nigerian institute of medical research (I was shaking and talking fast here, he told me to catch my breath )
VO: who will be sponsoring you ?
Me: my father who works at Bleep will be sponsoring me although I have some momey from my grandparents as my trust funds but he will be sponsoring me completely (here he asked me to calm down again, I legit told him I was sick �)
VO: does he have a domicilliary account ?
Me: yes he does
VO: I will be approving your visa.
Me: *shaking* thank you sir. Please what’s your name ?
VO: he tells me his name.
Me: collects white paper and runs out of the place
Thank you Jesus because I don’t know who else to thank

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ray2018:
Must your DS160 be same with your interview location?
I do not think this is true. People travel from different parts of Nigeria to have interviews in Lagos or Abuja.

it’s simple English
Interview in Lagos ds160 In Lagos
Vice versa for Abuja
Best regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ray2018: 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
That is not true. Your DS160 must not be in same location. We have seen people change or reschedule their interview dates without changing their location or filling a new DS160 form.

what of those based in other parts of Nigeria, are they supposed to put an Abuja or Lagos address?

Malone122:
it’s simple English
Interview in Lagos ds160 In Lagos
Vice versa for Abuja
Best regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damazee: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Wow!!! Please when did the person apply for the EA?

researcher108:

Yes. EA Approval
Last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelvinson4Grace: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=jojoey post=104004209][/quote]

Please I sent you a PM kindly reply. I want to make few enquire
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ray2018:
That is not true. Your DS160 must not be in same location. We have seen people change or reschedule their interview dates without changing their location or filling a new DS160 form.

what of those based in other parts of Nigeria, are they supposed to put an Abuja or Lagos address?

seems you are not okay
And can’t read and understand English
I won’t do this with you
Calm down read and understand what I wrote
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mercieseat: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Approvalll:
Congratulations the God that did it for you will do it for us in Jesus mighty name Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
Prexy1999:

Read his chats back he even mentioned it that he charge people and he didn’t hide it. There are evidence and screenshots to that as he can’t deny that facts! I just pity those defending him as they belonged to the same categories grin.
I can share the number of that person he charged (50,000 naira for mock interviews and editing transcript) to you if you can chat with the person privately and ask yourself and if not TRUE you can suspend and banned my account. Fairheart has been charging people for long under the false pretenses of helping them which is bad as that’s the notion I have raised against him him that is ALL.

We are waiting. Share the person’s monicker as a member of this thread. I don’t think justwise will be dealing with anything privately. If you are trying to expose someone, bring it out in the public and let us see for ourselves.

I’m 2018, I exposed someone on this thread who charge 80k for transcripts and mock interviews. There were over 5 people who came out to mention their encounters with him. They weren’t Ghost or some imaginary being. If your main point was to expose him for charging people to do mock, you should be available to mention them so they can tell their stories

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
That's serious. I've not gotten a response since over 4 weeks now
researcher108:

Yes. EA Approval
Last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by researcher108: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
Damazee:

Wow!!! Please when did the person apply for the EA?
First week of July. The EA was approved a week after in Lagos.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ray2018:

Whether you are in kaduna, portharcourt or Jalingo
You only have two embassy points in Nigeria which is Lagos and Abuja.
If you intend having your interview in Lagos you fill Lagos on your DS-160 and if it's Abuja, you do same.

If u are going to switch from Lagos to Abuja and vice versa, you will need to fill a new DS-160 form. You cannot use a lagos DS-160 form for an interview in Abuja and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ray2018:

It is important that your DS 160 be in Same location of your appointment location. So if you chose Abuja on your DS 160 and then eventually got appointment for Lagos, you must fill another DS 160 and indicate Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ray2018:

Your DS160 must be in the same location and can be updated 2 days before interview else you will be rescheduled on the day of your interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
A friend got this mail "Your B1/B2 visa appointment have been cancelled" and he did not apply for B1/B2
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
Predstan:

We are waiting. Share the person’s monicker as a member of this thread. I don’t think justwise will be dealing with anything privately. If you are trying to expose someone, bring it out in the public and let us see for ourselves.
I de just laugh, the guy de use the forum for business, I never knew he used to charge until someone close to me posted here that he needed mock and Fairheart told the guy to dm him which the guy did, he told the guy to send his proposed transcript he did, Fairheart went blank for some days, only to tell the guy that he is a very busy person, if the guy want them to continue he should pay 20k. The thing wen pain me for inside be say, you for de post the price you de charge for here, make people get am for the back of their mind, last last Na only God know our heart.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Saxokez(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
I got this message now, hope it's not only me , I did not apply for B1 or B2

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tflap: 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
Lyndaa22:
Good day all,

Please for WIU, how many months bank statement do i need to submit befor my I-20 can be issued?

Dear sir, you only need 1-3 months statement for WIU to send your i-20.. I'm not assuming or making speculations...I sent two months statement, and I got my i20 already.
Regards

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
Malone122:

Thank you for your feedback... Please how do I go about this thought.
My confirmation ID might change when filling a new one. If it does change, how do I connect it to my visa appointment confirmation letter and every other form that has this ID.. My interview is on the 3rd of August. I will love to resolve this as soon as possible.

Also, I hope filling a new form won't affect my interview date

Anticipating your feedback. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
Saxokez:

Me too.
I hope it doesn't mean anythng
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
Toriah789:

Thank you for your feedback... Please how do I go about this thought.
My confirmation ID might change when filling a new one. If it does change, how do I connect it to my visa appointment confirmation letter and every other form that has this ID.. My interview is on the 3rd of August. I will love to resolve this as soon as possible.

Also, I hope filling a new form won't affect my interview date

Anticipating your feedback. Thanks
you can fill a new form to your satisfaction as many times as you want too.

.but you must submit at least 3 days before your interview take note !!!

And when you fill a new one and the confirmation number changes, update your CGI portal with the new confirmation number and you are good to go
Goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Saxokez:

Check your email and contact them ASAP. They canceled someone’s F1 appointment recently and gave another date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Toriah789:

Me too.
I hope it doesn't mean anythng

Log in to CGI to see if you still have an appointment. They canceled someone’s appointment recently and gave a different date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by didogzy: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Malone122:
you can fill a new form to your satisfaction as many times as you want too.

.but you must submit at least 3 days before your interview take note !!!

And when you fill a new one and the confirmation number changes, update your CGI portal with the new confirmation number and you are good to go
Goodluck
What if I’m unable to update the ds160 confirmation number on my page, as my own cgi portal doesn’t show my ds160 confirmation number in the update profile page, what do I do then?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
didogzy:

What if I’m unable to update the ds160 confirmation number on my page, as my own cgi portal doesn’t show my ds160 confirmation number in the update profile page, what do I do then?
then this is a case for the customer care it’s meant to show it most definitely
Call them through the web

Another angle is creating a new profile and mailing them to update your old profile to the new one maybe that option would be in the new one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kosiemma(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
Good day everyone
I have gotten my 1-20 and paid for visa fee, But i haven't paid my SEVIS fee, My agent have applied for emergency appointment for in Lagos twice but it was all denied and my school start date is 16th August. I need your advise on what next for me to do about it. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
kosiemma:
Good day everyone
I have gotten my 1-20 and paid for visa fee, But i haven't paid my SEVIS fee, My agent have applied for emergency appointment for in Lagos twice but it was all denied and my school start date is 16th August. I need your advise on what next for me to do about it. Thanks
and it would keep getting denied till you pay that sevis that’s part of the requirements to get EA

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.