Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639535 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OpemipoDoyin: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2021
chigozieduru:

Of course you can! You should know this already. Fall semester (August) 2022 should be your aim. What course are you looking to study?

Some recommendations:
1. University of California - Berkeley, Los Angeles, and other campuses
2. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - https://grad.illinois.edu/
3. Carnegie Mellon University - https://www.cmu.edu/graduate/prospective-students/index.html
4. Princeton University - https://www.princeton.edu/admission-aid/graduate-admission
5. John Hopkins University - https://www.jhu.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/
6. University of Maryland, College Park - https://www.gradschool.umd.edu/
7. University of Texas - https://gradschool.utexas.edu/admissions
8. University of Pennsylvania - https://provost.upenn.edu/graduate-admissions
9. University of Oklahoma
10. Howard University
11. University of Minnesota - https://grad.umn.edu/admissions

...and so much more. Do your search online depending on your research interest(s).
If one wants to go for fall 2022 when should one start applying?
And do prestigious schools help in visa approval/application?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2021
Hi guys, I am going for interview on Monday, give me an honest general advice pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2021
Appointment Date Available as at 8:42am

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2021
Do you have a transcript so we can revise it here..
nues012:
Hi guys, I am going for interview on Monday, give me an honest general advice pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 8:48am On Aug 27, 2021
Omanwankwo:
Hello house ,please help a sister��
I really would love to study in Any of the cheap universities in Melbourne for a masters degree program.I have a bsc in economics dou
I need a university that won’t be in need of English test?I haven’t gotten an admissions yet because I hv not applied ,I just want a good heapup about the procedures and all .thank you in anticipation for an explicit response

Try Western Illinois University, they waived English test for Nigerian applicants

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 8:49am On Aug 27, 2021
Jonesdozi:
Do you have a transcript so we can revise it here..

I have read many, someone sent me as pdf file
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2021
nues012:
If @Abuja, avoid.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2021
beejhay69:
If @Abuja, avoid the Korean guy. ✌

God will keep him away from me. I will add him to my prayer now �

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2021
So it means you are prepared right? I'd still advice you to develop your own transcript especially if this is your first time. Also don't forget to pray as well. What's gonna be must be
nues012:

I have read many, someone sent me as pdf file
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

If one wants to go for fall 2022 when should one start applying?
And do prestigious schools help in visa approval/application?
1. Best you check your school admission deadlines.
2. Chances are 50/50.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2021
Jonesdozi:
So it means you are prepared right? I'd still advice you to develop your own transcript especially if this is your first time. Also don't forget to pray as well. What's gonna be must be

Yea bro it’s my first time and I have developed my transcript. And pray is on o rn, but I think I need a very good and convincing home tides, and how to link my current job(massage therapist) with my program(Health Sciences). If you can help with that I will appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2021
Rawly111:
Just got denied some minutes ago � � �
Interview didn't even take more than 30secs

VO:pass me your documents
VO: oh you're back
Me:yes (came first but went back to get something corrected)
VO:who'd be sponsoring you
Me:my sister
VO:what does she do
me:she's a senior medical case manager at xyz
VO:where does she reside
Me:in Atlanta
He typed for some seconds
VO: so when did you finish secondary school
Me:2018
VO:sorry you're not qualified for the US VISA at the moment please do apply later and he gave me green slip

I suspect it's cos of my sponsor
My sponsor and the school are in the same state but different cities

Please what do you guys think is the cause of the denial??
Me:

Yes you’re right.
All the best when you reapply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2021
Thank you so much.
chigozieduru:

I think you can fill your department/school on the DS-160 form as the person paying for the trip. During the visa interview, if you are asked you should state that the deficit of $3000 would be covered by your mum while your PI/dept would be funding you with monthly stipend and covering tuition. Congrats on your admission and welcome to the PhD journey.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2021
GUYS PLEASE I NEED MORE ANSWER ON THIS PLEASEEEEEE

Laworldz:
PLEASE GUYS I WILL APPRECIATE YOIR RESPONSE ON THE QUESTION BELOW

Please, if one received funding from school with deficit of $3,000 Who would one put as person paying for the trip. The school/department or my Mom covering the balance and paying for my flight. I’m a PHD student by the way
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilola14: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2021
Jonesdozi:
Appointment Date Available as at 8:42am

Please is this Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2021
That's why I'm asking you to post your proposed transcript so we can revise it here
nues012:

Yea bro it’s my first time and I have developed my transcript. And pray is on o rn, but I think I need a very good and convincing home tides, and how to link my current job(massage therapist) with my program(Health Sciences). If you can help with that I will appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2021
Lagos
Damilola14:

Please is this Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:15am On Aug 27, 2021
Good day everyone.

Please is there anyone who applied for English/Linguistics here? Either to WIU or other schools.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilola14: 11:18am On Aug 27, 2021
Jonesdozi:
Lagos

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2021
nues012:

God will keep him away from me. I will add him to my prayer now �

grin grin grin

In as much as this is funny but please don’t profile any VO as rejection VO, he may be the one that will approve your visa you know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:23am On Aug 27, 2021
Helkayklassic:

grin grin grin

In as much as this is funny but please don’t profile any VO as rejection VO, he may be the one that will approve your visa you know.

Word!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObamaMessi: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2021
I Love you @ll to those who contributed; you guys are great. My visa was approved today. So stressed out.Transcript later.Once again, thank you.

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2021
ObamaMessi:
I Love you @ll to those who contributed; you guys are great. My visa was approved today. So stressed out.Transcript later.Once again, thank you.

Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alimi1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Congratulations... Wishing those scheduled for interview this type of outcome too....

ObamaMessi:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
Congratulations.. Please don't forget to share your transcript
ObamaMessi:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2021
Congratulations.. Please don't forget to share your transcript. Was it your first time? f it was, can you share the process and things you did when you got to the embassy and what document did you go with. Your response will help lot's of new applicants here.
ObamaMessi:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psalmistofGod: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
bukhety:

One more question though. Pls how did you manage the issue of recommendation letters. Will those professors have time to send letters to all these schools? I had to explain to one that it's more than a school. They seem too busy.

Hi,bukhety. could you please send me PM/email. i really need you to put me through on somethings
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psalmistofGod: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Themaths:

Yes, I secured alot of admissions, tuition waivers and all that...but I got a GA with one of them. Mind you, I couldn't apply to all of them because of one reason or another. Could be official transcript or TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo or they didn't have a program I like.

Hi Themaths,

could you please help me with your email i need your advise on my admission process too. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psalmistofGod: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
nues012:

Try Western Illinois University, they waived English test for Nigerian applicants

Hello, please a bro.

I am just about starting the admission process. could you please put me through so that i can have access to resources and dos and don'ts .

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Guys abeg naaaa �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️
Laworldz:
PLEASE GUYS I WILL APPRECIATE YOIR RESPONSE ON THE QUESTION BELOW

Please, if one received funding from school with deficit of $3,000 Who would one put as person paying for the trip. The school/department or my Mom covering the balance and paying for my flight. I’m a PHD student by the way
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
Laworldz:
Hi.
You still have some deficits, so use your sponsor (Mom) as person footing the bill.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
If you'll be going with a Statement of Account, it should be the same person paying for your trip. The school funds granted is usually for tuition
Laworldz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.