Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639313 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mide95: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lilbaby23:
Hello guys. I’m new here.
I went for my interview this morning and i was denied F1 visa. So annoying

I will like to try again . Does anyone have information if i can still get interview dates for this year. My Program start dates is January.

Thanks guys
sorry for the denial.
Is this lagos or Abuja? Kindly share your transcripts.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lilbaby23:

I will like to try again . Does anyone have information if i can still get interview dates for this year. My Program start dates is January.

Thanks guys

grin grin grin You cracked me up with the "so annoying"

You should always have a plan B and you can always try again

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
Abuja Embassy and yes it was a guy
Tayetaiwo123:

Was this Lagos or Abuja embassy? Was it a male vo that interviewed you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
There's was a correction needed to be made on my ds160
Jonesdozi:
So sorry about your denial. She said you're back, what does that mean? What did you correct? You finished secondary school in 2018, did you put on your DS-160 as the reason why you haven't gone to school? if you finish school in 2018, The interviewer expects your parents should be your sponsor because they need to be sure that you will return home. If your sister stays in the US, then it appears you do not have any home ties. You can try again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
I was doing an advanced course work on science subjects...
Viquetohr:
Finishing secondary school in 2018 is also a contributing factor. What have you been doing since you finished?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lilbaby23:

Thanks guys

kindly share your transcripts, so that people can help you out

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayetaiwo123: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
Rawly111:
Abuja Embassy and yes it was a guy

The Korean guy denies anyhow!!! Better luck next time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kennykayy: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
Sorry about that. Could you drop your transcript and about the dates pay for a new mrv fee and keep checking for nearer dates in October or September. Heard nearer dates will be available by next week for spring. Was it in Lagos or abj?
Lilbaby23:

Thanks guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osasalfred4(m): 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2021
Studymore123:

grin grin grin You cracked me up with the "so annoying"

You should always have a plan B and you can always try again

Hello guys am new here, please can I do my PhD in USA with my Nigerian msc ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kenwizy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
osasalfred4:

Offcours yes if the field are related..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2021
He was actually the one
Tayetaiwo123:

The Korean guy denies anyhow!!! Better luck next time

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TOPMAN5252: 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
Good Evening everyone, Please can any guru here put me through on SAT registration for my younger brother currently writing WAEC, please i am open to any advice on preparation and registration.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AnamegeNzube95: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
Kennykayy:
Sorry about that. Could you drop your transcript and about the dates pay for a new mrv fee and keep checking for nearer dates in October or September. Heard nearer dates will be available by next week for spring. Was it in Lagos or abj?

You heard from where?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
godguy:

kindly share your transcripts, so that people can help you out

I thinks it was all my fault for the denial… the mrv was since last year and filled it for B1/B2… and we were unable to use it. So i called the embassy if i can use the MRV for another F1 and i was told yes that i won’t need to filled a new ds-160 form that i only need to update the it. Which i did in March.

Fast forward to today. As i got to the window before fingerprints… the lady told me my ds-160 form is for B1/B2 and i have a F1 interview… at that point i lost it. I was meant to sit for close to 45mins.

A white guy on window 2 came in and retrieved my passport n 1-20 . And i was asked to sit as he will call me when he is ready. Sat for another 30mins before i was called.

They did the fingerprints and i went to his window (2).

Me - good morning sir
Vo- can i have your passport?… i was confused and i told him he has it already. Then he went to pick it somewhere �.
Still him: Mentioned my name and i answered
VO: whats your study plan?
Me: i am going to Miami dade college in Florida to study Nursing
VO: cuts in you finished secondary when
Me: 2007
VO: what have you been doing
Me: after sec sch went for my bsc in so so so uni and i have been …. VO cuts in
VO: how did u hear about the school?
Me : my cousin graduated from FIU and he told me about the school. I stopped there
VO: who’s paying ?
Me: my cousin
VO: types for few secs and passed the blue slip

That’s it. I have once been denied B1/B2 with my dad and brother in 2018 . We were going for Lions club Annual Convention back then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lilbaby23: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
Mide95:
sorry for the denial.
Is this lagos or Abuja? Kindly share your transcripts.
Thanks.

Lagos oo. 9.45am. I don’t know if it’s a good shot to try again. I was really down at first until i got home and no one to share my experience with. Reason why i came here.
Someone should help me�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omanwankwo: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello house ,please help a sister��
I really would love to study in Any of the cheap universities in Melbourne for a masters degree program.I have a bsc in economics dou
I need a university that won’t be in need of English test?I haven’t gotten an admissions yet because I hv not applied ,I just want a good heapup about the procedures and all .thank you in anticipation for an explicit response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omanwankwo: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hello house ,please help a sister
I really would love to study in Any of the cheap universities in Melbourne for a masters degree program.I have a bsc in economics dou
I need a university that won’t be in need of English test?I haven’t gotten an admissions yet because I hv not applied ,I just want to good heapup about the procedures and all .thank you in anticipation for an explicit response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
Good Evening Fam...please can someone go for a US student visa interview with a 3 months bank statement?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ronaldoguy: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
Please how much is GRE now? Can I register now and take the exam in 3 weeks time? Will there be slot? .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
everything about your transcript screams denial. From A- Z.
Also you chose nursing in a community college. The VO knows you want to immigrate and not come back. Don’t bother to reapply for this same program cuz the outcome will be the same.
Sorry about the denial. Apply for masters.

Lilbaby23:

I thinks it was all my fault for the denial… the mrv was since last year and filled it for B1/B2… and we were unable to use it. So i called the embassy if i can use the MRV for another F1 and i was told yes that i won’t need to filled a new ds-160 form that i only need to update the it. Which i did in March.

Fast forward to today. As i got to the window before fingerprints… the lady told me my ds-160 form is for B1/B2 and i have a F1 interview… at that point i lost it. I was meant to sit for close to 45mins.

A white guy on window 2 came in and retrieved my passport n 1-20 . And i was asked to sit as he will call me when he is ready. Sat for another 30mins before i was called.

They did the fingerprints and i went to his window (2).

Me - good morning sir
Vo- can i have your passport?… i was confused and i told him he has it already. Then he went to pick it somewhere �.
Still him: Mentioned my name and i answered
VO: whats your study plan?
Me: i am going to Miami dade college in Florida to study Nursing
VO: cuts in you finished secondary when
Me: 2007
VO: what have you been doing
Me: after sec sch went for my bsc in so so so uni and i have been …. VO cuts in
VO: how did u hear about the school?
Me : my cousin graduated from FIU and he told me about the school. I stopped there
VO: who’s paying ?
Me: my cousin
VO: types for few secs and passed the blue slip

That’s it. I have once been denied B1/B2 with my dad and brother in 2018 . We were going for Lions club Annual Convention back then.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
There are some red flag �.. First if you had a BSc, they expect you to go for a MSc not another BSc. Another flag is why will a cousin pay for you to get another BSc when you had one before.. �Thirdly when you're asked to talk about your study plan, it's an opportunity for you to explain what you want to study, why you want to study that course and how that course will help you achieve your goal in life. But your response wasn't convincing enough. I have coached lots of people and prepped them interviews, this and when ever the VO ask this question, he or she is actually ready to listen.
Lilbaby23:

Lagos oo. 9.45am. I don’t know if it’s a good shot to try again. I was really down at first until i got home and no one to share my experience with. Reason why i came here.
Someone should help me�

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2021
PLEASE GUYS I WILL APPRECIATE YOIR RESPONSE ON THE QUESTION BELOW

Please, if one received funding from school with deficit of $3,000 Who would one put as person paying for the trip. The school/department or my Mom covering the balance and paying for my flight. I’m a PHD student by the way
Laworldz:
everything about your transcript screams denial. From A- Z.
Also you chose nursing in a community college. The VO knows you want to immigrate and not come back. Don’t bother to reapply for this same program cuz the outcome will be the same.
Sorry about the denial. Apply for masters.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2021
Adedayo65:
Hmmm! I eventually got my Visa on the 9th June 2021 (After 3 denials, First one was in Lagos, second and third were in Abuja). All thanks to God, it has ended in praise.
And to fairheart, thanks for everything, its been a long way coming, God bless you, I’m so grateful.

To everyone still trying to get their Visas, I wish you all the best.

My interview was in Lagos, 6:45am window 7, a very beautiful woman about 40+.

GRE = 314

Graduate Assistantship = $33k
Deficit = $7k

Transcript

Vo- Pass me your passport and I20
Me- I did
Vo - What is your plan ?
Me - i plan to go for my masters in Agricultural Economics at **** and I will be working with prof *** who’s my supervisor, together we will be working on the economic and environmental impact of Oklahoma agricultural production system, we want to see how well these producers are complying with the various existing environmental and economic laws.
Vo — (she no even send me, she just dey type)
Vo — who’s paying your school fees (this was a major part of the reason I was denied the last 2times)
Me — I have a full funding (I no even talk about deficit lol)
Vo— ooh ok, (Na just then the woman start dey check and scrutinize my i20)
Vo — Where do you work?
Me — I work with *******, an environmental consulting firm and we basically conduct EIA for our clients
Vo — congratulations bla bla bla

N.B— if you have been denied before, make sure you study and understand why you think you were denied and work on it before going back, if not, one might just keep getting refused over and over.
In my own case, I understood it was coz I was going for a second bachelors and sponsor statement was also an issue and I gave it a break, worked on those and I applied after almost 2 years (went for my NYSC and worked a while)

I wish every one nothing but the best.

Amazing!! To think I just went back to the USA Student Visa Thread Part 15 (2019) earlier today and saw your first denial transcript; the part you intended pursuing a second Bachelor's in an IT field and wanted to give up.

You testimony alone is a motivation bro... I'm so happy for you. Truly , na who give up f*** up!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elcarter5: 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lilbaby23:

Someone should help me�
sorry about your experience I know how this feels. I’m in the same situation but hey, never give up. Get yourself back and prepare more better next time. We don’t give up from where we come from. So far you’re planning to further your education in a better way, God will come through. If you need a friend, I’m with you. Stay strong. Carry on with life.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
Rawly111:
Please my interview is tomorrow and I just got a new I-20 because I deferred my resumption to spring 2022 due to the interview Date being late than my resumption. Should I go with the old or new I-20

Go with the new, I am going with new one next week Monday too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elcarter5: 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
Adedayo65:
Hmmm! I eventually got my Visa on the 9th June 2021 (After 3 denials, First one was in Lagos, second and third were in Abuja). All thanks to God, it has ended in praise.
And to fairheart, thanks for everything, its been a long way coming, God bless you, I’m so grateful.

To everyone still trying to get their Visas, I wish you all the best.

My interview was in Lagos, 6:45am window 7, a very beautiful woman about 40+.

GRE = 314

Graduate Assistantship = $33k
Deficit = $7k

Transcript

Vo- Pass me your passport and I20
Me- I did
Vo - What is your plan ?
Me - i plan to go for my masters in Agricultural Economics at **** and I will be working with prof *** who’s my supervisor, together we will be working on the economic and environmental impact of Oklahoma agricultural production system, we want to see how well these producers are complying with the various existing environmental and economic laws.
Vo — (she no even send me, she just dey type)
Vo — who’s paying your school fees (this was a major part of the reason I was denied the last 2times)
Me — I have a full funding (I no even talk about deficit lol)
Vo— ooh ok, (Na just then the woman start dey check and scrutinize my i20)
Vo — Where do you work?
Me — I work with *******, an environmental consulting firm and we basically conduct EIA for our clients
Vo — congratulations bla bla bla

N.B— if you have been denied before, make sure you study and understand why you think you were denied and work on it before going back, if not, one might just keep getting refused over and over.
In my own case, I understood it was coz I was going for a second bachelors and sponsor statement was also an issue and I gave it a break, worked on those and I applied after almost 2 years (went for my NYSC and worked a while)

I wish every one nothing but the best.
congratulations can you please share with me the material you used for GRE ? And how to go about it as I’m hoping to write the exam. Aminumsuleiman541@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TUBLEZ(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
Can 2 siblings use same statement of account for same school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2021
TUBLEZ:
Can 2 siblings use same statement of account for same school?
Just make sure the both of you are not interviewed by the same person
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TUBLEZ(m): 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Kelex062:
Just make sure the both of you are not interviewed by the same person
different dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 4:43am On Aug 27, 2021
Laworldz:
PLEASE GUYS I WILL APPRECIATE YOIR RESPONSE ON THE QUESTION BELOW

Please, if one received funding from school with deficit of $3,000 Who would one put as person paying for the trip. The school/department or my Mom covering the balance and paying for my flight. I’m a PHD student by the way

I think you can fill your department/school on the DS-160 form as the person paying for the trip. During the visa interview, if you are asked you should state that the deficit of $3000 would be covered by your mum while your PI/dept would be funding you with monthly stipend and covering tuition. Congrats on your admission and welcome to the PhD journey.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 4:57am On Aug 27, 2021
osasalfred4:

Of course you can! You should know this already. Fall semester (August) 2022 should be your aim. What course are you looking to study?

Some recommendations:
1. University of California - Berkeley, Los Angeles, and other campuses
2. University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - https://grad.illinois.edu/
3. Carnegie Mellon University - https://www.cmu.edu/graduate/prospective-students/index.html
4. Princeton University - https://www.princeton.edu/admission-aid/graduate-admission
5. John Hopkins University - https://www.jhu.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/
6. University of Maryland, College Park - https://www.gradschool.umd.edu/
7. University of Texas - https://gradschool.utexas.edu/admissions
8. University of Pennsylvania - https://provost.upenn.edu/graduate-admissions
9. University of Oklahoma
10. Howard University
11. University of Minnesota - https://grad.umn.edu/admissions

...and so much more. Do your search online depending on your research interest(s).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OpemipoDoyin: 7:05am On Aug 27, 2021
TOPMAN5252:
Good Evening everyone, Please can any guru here put me through on SAT registration for my younger brother currently writing WAEC, please i am open to any advice on preparation and registration.
Please update me too!
I'm currently writing WAEC planning to write SAT and TOEFL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.