Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644107 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
ucystan:
E choke... Secondly, biko how i wan bring my hubby and kids?

Nne as you de apply for f1, your hubby and co go de apply for f2, hopefully it works out fine, good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gidimasters(m): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
emmanuelle27:
If you've done WES they'll always send the official transcript to any school that needs it at your request, you don't need any other transcript from your nigerian institution, you'll just have to pay small money to WES for them to process it, it think it's now about $15

Thank you grin cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 12:15am On Aug 29, 2021
The bolded is one reason.
Why waste time reading something that doesn't sell?
odidimekun:
Hello everyone
I got my visa denied yesterday so this was my transcript I want to know what I said wrong because I’m thinking of reapplying thanks
School- Troy University
Scholarship-50% tuition scholarship
Course - Asn nursing
Undergraduate

Me- Goodmorning
V.O - Goodmorning, pass me your document
Me- Sure ma’am
V.O - I can see you’re going to Troy for an Associate degree in nursing
Me - Yes I am
V.O- Okay what’s your highest school qualification (or something like that can’t remember)
Me - O’level and a predegree program result from Obafemi Awolowo university
V. O- who will be sponsoring you?
Me - My dad will and I got a 50% tuition scholarship from the school
V. O- What’s your plan after you get this degree
Me - I plan on coming back to Nigeria to take up a job as a geriatric nurse because I’m Nigeria the geriatric medical service is not prioritized and as a result of this there are less than 100 geriatricians to about 4 million old people and a lesser amount of this of geriatric nurses all over the country, My goal is to actually have my own geriatric center where the elder can come and get the right treatment they deserve.
V.O - Okay I’m sorry you do not qualify for the visa blah blah blah and that was it

Please I will like to know what I did wrong,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TitilayoAde: 12:57am On Aug 29, 2021
Please help guys, help me with the quote…

TitilayoAde:
I want to send some stuff to my cousin. Does anyone know a cheap cargo company from Lagos to Orlando FL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mulero23: 5:03am On Aug 29, 2021
I have some Dollars to exchange for Naira (I need Naira), so if you want to pay for sevis, wes, apps, and others in dollars, kindly holla at me by quoting me here. Pls I am doing it at abokifx rate. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AnamegeNzube95: 5:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Date: 12th August 2021
Venue: Abuja
Time: 7am

Transcript.

VO: I see you are going to Louisiana State University, Shreveport for Masters in Information Science. (My I-20 bears Information Science, but my Program is Computer System Technology)

Me: I am going for Masters in Computer System Technology with Concentration in Data Science

VO: (Looks at my DS-160) OK. So what do you currently do in Nigeria.

Me: I currently teach in Catholic School, Our Lady's International Secondary School, where i teach Economics and Statistics.

VO: When did you Obtain your Bachelor of Science

Me: 2019

VO: So what have you been doing since then

Me: After my B.sc i went for my compulsory NYSC where i worked as a Teacher at Kizito Comprehensive Secondary School, Akwaibom. After my NYSC i got employed in a Catholic School where i currently Teach Economics and Statistics.

VO: I see you have a Scholarship of .... Who will pay for the remaining

Me: My father

VO: What does your Father Do?

Me: He is a Major distribution of stockfish and has 3 warehouses of Stock fish.

VO: What do you plan to do after you complete your Studies

Me: I plan to return to my country to apply for the position of Data Analyst in a reputable Company like Nigeria National Bureau of Statistics or the Central Bank of Nigeria. I plan to work with them for a while and establish my own firm where i will work as a Data Science Consultant, i will help Companies in running business and data analysis and make better business policies, predictions and decisions.

She returned my passport, and issued me a green slip and Said sorry you do not qualify now, i can apply later

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbaba821: 6:27am On Aug 29, 2021
Pls I apply for a school of recent Clayton state University for spring 2022..and got admitted...my question now is that if it is compulsory to apply for more than one school.because I already get admitted....tanks...need answer pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AdeGbuyi20(m): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2021
Hello all, please I need help. I want to start from scratch. I do not even know how to start or where to look. I have read almost all the thread. Anyone who can help me pls. Kindly put me through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeeNaka: 7:55am On Aug 29, 2021
Please, can I book for Visa interview appointment even though I have not got Admission yet? Is there anything like that? I am planning for Spring 022. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Please, can I book for Visa interview appointment even though I have not got Admission yet? Is there anything like that? I am planning for Spring 022. Thanks
No. Cause you'd need the sevis ID to book appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2021
jbaba821:
Pls I apply for a school of recent Clayton state University for spring 2022..and got admitted...my question now is that if it is compulsory to apply for more than one school.because I already get admitted....tanks...need answer pls
Not compulsory.
But try applying to one more school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2021
mulero23:
I have some Dollars to exchange for Naira (I need Naira), so if you want to pay for sevis, wes, apps, and others in dollars, kindly holla at me by quoting me here. Pls I am doing it at abokifx rate. Thanks.
check PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2021
AnamegeNzube95:

Transcript.

VO: I see you are going to Louisiana State University, Shreveport for Masters in Information Science. (My I-20 bears Information Science, but my Program is Computer System Technology)

Me: I am going for Masters in Computer System Technology with Concentration in Data Science

Me: I currently teach in Catholic School, Our Lady's International Secondary School, where i teach Economics and Statistics.

Me: After my B.sc i went for my compulsory NYSC where i worked as a Teacher at Kizito Comprehensive Secondary School, Akwaibom. After my NYSC i got employed in a Catholic School where i currently Teach Economics and Statistics.

Me: I plan to return to my country to apply for the position of Data Analyst in a reputable Company like Nigeria National Bureau of Statistics or the Central Bank of Nigeria. I plan to work with them for a while and establish my own firm where i will work as a Data Science Consultant, i will help Companies in running business and data analysis and make better business policies, predictions and decisions.

She returned my passport, and issued me a green slip and Said sorry you do not qualify now, i can apply later
I'm not sure we're something went wrong oh, bosses here will see but maybe try to be specific with what you want to do and were you wish to work when you return, that's my guess, good luck next time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeeNaka: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2021
beejhay69:
No. Cause you'd need the sevis ID to book appointment.
oh! Okay, thanks much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2021
One red flag here is you're going to a Masters in computer science, but your current employment is not related to it. So why are you going for such MSc? Secondly In stead of saying your dad distribute stock fish, you make it more appealing. The VO might not know what stock fish. Let me know if you need additional help preparing for your next appointment.
emmanuelle27:
I'm not sure we're something went wrong oh, bosses here will see but maybe try to be specific with what you want to do and were you wish to work when you return, that's my guess, good luck next time

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AdeGbuyi20(m): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2021
AdeGbuyi20:
Hello all, please I need help. I want to start from scratch. I do not even know how to start or where to look. I have read almost all the thread. Anyone who can help me pls. Kindly put me through
Pls I need help.... Anyone pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mulero23: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2021
Okay.
beejhay69:
check PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2021
mulero23:

I DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 10:26am On Aug 29, 2021
EDUCATION USA GRADUATE VIRTUAL FAIR (August 27, 2021)

SCHOOL NAME : Iowa State University
WAIVER CODE: UVMG924I234UG
SCHOOL NAME : SCHOOL NAME : Iowa State University
WAIVER CODE:New York University
WAIVER CODE: ADMREP
SCHOOL NAME : University of Vermont
WAIVER CODE: UVMG715E959ZU
SCHOOL NAME : New jersey Institute of Technology
WAIVER CODE: GR22
SCHOOL NAME : The University of Alabama
WAIVER CODE: GIFW
SCHOOL NAME : Western New England University
WAIVER CODE: WNEVIP
SCHOOL NAME : New York Institute of Technology
WAIVER CODE: ADMREP
SCHOOL NAME : NorthEastern University
WAIVER CODE: COE2022
SCHOOL NAME : Colorado State University Pueblo
WAIVER CODE: AEG
SCHOOL NAME : University of Illinois Springfield
WAIVER CODE: No waiver code. App fee already waived fro international students.
SCHOOL NAME : New Jersey Institute
WAIVER CODE: GR22
SCHOOL NAME : University of New Hampshire
WAIVER CODE: PROF65
SCHOOL NAME : NYU Tandon School of Engineering
WAIVER CODE: TANDONBKLYN
SCHOOL NAME : The George Washington University, School of Engineering and applied Science
WAIVER CODE: EdUSSASouthAsia2021
SCHOOL NAME : Eastern Michigan University
WAIVER CODE: GRAD
SCHOOL NAME : Kent State University
WAIVER CODE: send a mail to jabdull1@kent.edu to receive an application fee waiver.
SCHOOL NAME : University of Arlington
WAIVER CODE: send a mail to Mummy Lin: grad.recruit@uta.edu (mention her name in the mail and the event which is Education USA Virtual fair 2021, and Mummy Lin will give you an application fee waiver).
SCHOOL NAME : University of New Haven
WAIVER CODE: Send a mail to rmaitra@newhaven.edu to get an application fee waiver.

26 Likes 11 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThatPetiteChic: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2021
GreatMikymiko:

I've authored a book dealing on social issue.

I have replied your mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
If I haven’t taken vaccine, can it contribute to denial at embassy, if the question is asked?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
akosh005:
If you need sponsors for your j1 teaching exchange programs in USA. DM for more info.
Note, you must have your teacher certificate, degree in education and 2years teaching experience. Intake starting by Sept for 2022 resumption

My sis might want this.
How do I reach you?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please I need help urgently. I submitted my Ds 160 form and I wrote I will be sponsoring my trip, I thought it was flight money, i have a fully funded PhD admission with excess fund self and I have already booked a visa appointment date. What can I do, do I fill another D's 160 form and still use my visa fee payment or what should I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akosh005: 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
RENOWNED2:

My sis might want this.
How do I reach you?
Check my signature for contact
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Osof:
P
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
nues012:
If I haven’t taken vaccine, can it contribute to denial at embassy, if the question is asked?
Smiles.
Calm your mind bro. Don't overthink things.
That question won't be asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikeljims(m): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Happy Sunday everyone,

Please I have my interview coming up this week and I’ll need all the help I can get. I’m open to any form of support or criticism, or maybe just someone to help me with a mock interview. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Below preparatory transcript.

Program: Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences (PSM)
School: OSU (Oregon State University)
COA: $54,830
Funding: None
GRE: 299 (AN: 4) wasn’t needed during application
TOEFL: 95 (R:20, L:23, S:23, W:29)
Attempt: First attempt

Where Are you heading to?
I'm heading to Oregon state university for my Professional Science Master's Degree in Environmental Sciences.

Why Oregon state uninersity:

I chose Oregon state university because they offer a Professional Science Master's Degree in environmental Sciences which integrates extra training in Communication, Business management, Ethics and other professional Skills which I will be needing on my return to effectively run the Geophysical services arm of the family business. (****** Geophysical Services) which is where I have been working since after my Bachelor's Degree. These extra trainings are not included in a traditional Science master's program. (just incase they further ask why this school amdist other choices)

Who will be paying for this trip:

My Brother (name) who is in charge of the family business. (****** Nigeria Limited) which is a Geophysical Services Company based in XXXXX. We offer consultation, drilling, installation and maintenace of boreholes. And we are currently looking to improve on ways to better protect the environment while at this.

What do you intend to do with this degree?

I intend to return home to take over the running of the Geophysical arm of the company so my brother can retire.

Married? No

Previous travel? No, I haven't had a reason to.

Please if there’s any documents or paperwork anyone think I might need to carry along aside I-20, Sevis payment receipt, visa appointment confirmation and passport; please don’t hesitate to let me know

Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Enick: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
Is this compulsory for the Msc to be related to your employer?

Jonesdozi:
One red flag here is you're going to a Masters in computer science, but your current employment is not related to it. So why are you going for such MSc? Secondly In stead of saying your dad distribute stock fish, you make it more appealing. The VO might not know what stock fish. Let me know if you need additional help preparing for your next appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mulero23: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2021
okay.
Olaoke16:

I DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
You don't need to fill another ds-160. Your scholarship is clearly stated on your I-20. You are not wrong.
Osof:
Please I need help urgently. I submitted my Ds 160 form and I wrote I will be sponsoring my trip, I thought it was flight money, i have a fully funded PhD admission with excess fund self and I have already booked a visa appointment date. What can I do, do I fill another D's 160 form and still use my visa fee payment or what should I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
AnamegeNzube95:

Transcript.

I think the VO got the wrong impression that’s why s/he asked, “ what have you been doing?”

Put your answer across, straight and simple: You have been working with Catholic school as an Economics and statistic teacher.

Secondly, A high school economics teacher going for an MSC in computer science is a bit odd. VO might think they are both unrelated. And again this MSC establishes “no ties” to your current profession. It kind of shows your immigrant intent.

Stating that your sponsor is a fish monger is not really the best way to present your sponsor’s status to a foreigner who does not know That stock fishes are worth money in this part of the world.

Repackage and shoot again... you might hit bull’s eye.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lightspeed26:

That’s exactly what he did to me on the 17th of August, just this two questions and I was denied, he didn’t even check my 120 month properly, he just glanced through it and I actually have a partial scholarship sef… he was really concerned the deficit. He just asked me about my occupation and who will be paying my deficit and the next thing I saw was a green paper.

That was the first question he asked me —- have u ever travelled before , I said no!! He was like oh a first timer , let’s see —- asked me my highest qualification , what I worked as and who was sponsoring and then he denied me !!! �!!! Dunno if I should at least travel to Dubai or soemthing first before trying again !! My second attempt (3years interval ) ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.