Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,531 members, 7,823,312 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1649715 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trey195(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2021
Xavious227:
Please i need advice. On my ds-160 form i put in Lagos as intended place for my interview, however i couldn’t find a suitable date in Lagos. I was able to find one in abuja though. I emailed them and and they said i can still use the DS-160 form, but i might have some delays. So should i just do a new ds-160 form to get a new confirmation code or i should stick with this one ?
Howdy! How were you able to get a date for Abuja with a Lagos DS-160 biko?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kunlevski003(m): 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
Abeg if anyone see earlier dates for Abuja, please let us know. Oct, Nov or Dec dates. Because the earliest I'm saw today is January 11, 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
My sponsor is footing my study and living expenses, but I chose "self" for my trip. I don't think I was wrong to have chosen "self".
Jonesdozi:
If you'll be going with a Statement of Account, it should be the same person paying for your trip. The school funds granted is usually for tuition
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2021
Viquetohr:
My sponsor is footing my study and living expenses, but I chose "self" for my trip. I don't think I was wrong to have chosen "self".
The person paying for your trip is your sponsor.
You are to put his details there and not yourself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
I don't understand. Isn't the trip a flight? Why the need to select a sponsor when I know I am the one paying for the trip? I don't understand.
Kelex062:

The person paying for your trip is your sponsor.
You are to put his details there and not yourself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
Viquetohr:
I don't understand. Isn't the trip a flight? Why the need to select a sponsor when I know I am the one paying for the trip? I don't understand.
My opinion tho, I might not be entirely correct.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SparkleU: 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
In my opinion flight is an aspect of your trip spent in an aircraft/plane, conveying you from one destination to another. Whereas trip includes every aspect of your travel plans including time spent at your destination.

Viquetohr:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
Viquetohr:

In this context on ds160, trip cost isn't the flight alone but includes other areas of expenses such as tuition fees and living expenses (housing, foods etc). You should put the person covering your deficit, if you have any, but if it is fully funded then the school or organisation name should be inputted. Best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 1:31am On Aug 28, 2021
ObamaMessi:
I Love you @ll to those who contributed; you guys are great. My visa was approved today. So stressed out.Transcript later.Once again, thank you.

Congratulations I have few questions to ask
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 1:32am On Aug 28, 2021
Helkayklassic:

grin grin grin

In as much as this is funny but please don’t profile any VO as rejection VO, he may be the one that will approve your visa you know.

He better be.
Thank you, I know God will Favour me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ucystan(f): 3:04am On Aug 28, 2021
Please guys, i did a master degree in Labor relations and human resource management in Cleveland State University in 2013, and came back immediately after my it. Now i want to go back for a second masters, but in an entirely different field ( Masters of Education: Special Education). I changed my career after i gave birth to my special needy daughter. I currently work as special need Assistant coordinator in a School. Abeg o hope say them no go bounce me as i wan go do a second masters? Is it a red flag going for a scond masters and practically not making use of the previous again?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JonSnow23: 4:36am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello guys, how do one get date at night.

Note.
I can’t cancel my already booked appointment (may 2022) as it will nullify my MRV fees.

So I am left with the reschedule appointment option.

Pleas help,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 4:42am On Aug 28, 2021
Thanks guys. I actually posted my transcript on June 28. The first appearance was BI/B2 ,2019. T
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 4:45am On Aug 28, 2021
The first appearance B1/B2 in 2019 and second one was 28 ,2021 with full GA. The third is August 24.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2021
ucystan:
Please guys, i did a master degree in Labor relations and human resource management in Cleveland State University in 2013, and came back immediately after my it. Now i want to go back for a second masters, but in an entirely different field ( Masters of Education: Special Education). I changed my career after i gave birth to my special needy daughter. I currently work as special need Assistant coordinator in a School. Abeg o hope say them no go bounce me as i wan go do a second masters? Is it a red flag going for a scond masters and practically not making use of the previous again?
grin grin grin Buhari don com scatter everywhere now u wan run go back Lmao, atleast you came back after your program, means you'll still come back.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ucystan(f): 7:05am On Aug 28, 2021
E choke... Secondly, biko how i wan bring my hubby and kids?

emmanuelle27:
grin grin grin Buhari don com scatter everywhere now u wan run go back Lmao, atleast you came back after your program, means you'll still come back.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Enick: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello Ladies and gentlemen.

Can I be the sole sponsor of myself for a study visa if I have the financial resources in my account?

Also, it is possible for someone who has a pending immigrant petition to get a study visa approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OpemipoDoyin: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2021
TOPMAN5252:
Any guru here on SAT Registration
Update me too
Also TOEFL registration too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Demiyo(f): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2021
Adem20:
Guys please I’m confused and in need of help. When I applied for an emergency appointment, the earliest possible date I got was for 26th of August, however, my school resumes on the 23rd so I already booked my flight for Abuja for next week. However, my school wrote to me today that if I can’t make it by the resumption date, I might have to defer my admission to January or take this semester courses online.

After much deliberation, I decided to defer till January since she told me that the visa won’t be granted coz I need to take a minimum of one course on site and it’s too late for that and she is willing to issue me a new I-20 for January and deferment letter.

Now my issue is this, will I be able to interview for January in August? given this rule of you can only interview within 120days to your next resumption date.
I think u have to reschedule ur interview it happened to too I was suppose to resume August but my interview date was changed die minute and I was asked if I want the online and I said no so am referring till spring I was able to reschedule another appointment without paying again for December ,now my question is who told u that u won't be given visa if u don't take a minimum of one course on site I don't get that part

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Demiyo(f): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2021
Chyjoey:
DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for genuine students.

There is no doubt that Grace plays a big role in getting an approval.

However, let's not attribute everything to grace and fail to see the emerging pattern here.

The VOs do NOT want to deny you a Visa. Infact, they want to approve you but the law and their training dictates that they assume you are an immigrant till you prove you aren't. So when you're denied, they are not saying 'Bleep off, we don't want you in our country' it's more like 'I believe you're trying to illegally immigrate, try the legal immigration route instead or convince me that you're a non-immigrant'.

This hurts me so much because I've seen genuine students denied because of the sins of visa abusers.

Now to the concept of ties, You must have ties to Nigeria to be considered a non-immigrant.

You see some of these people with Jobs they have worked at for more than 3 years with a work leave getting approved? Yes, it's grace but it's also Work ties.
For instance, today I saw a woman get approved who has been at a workplace for 15 years, and trust me her interview wasn't spectacular. Infact, she wasn't even vibing with the VO, but she had strong work ties and the program she was going for was plausibly going to improve her career. Hence, she was approved.

So if you're Jobless, are you screwed? Not necessarily.
Family ties - Are you married? Do you have older family members depending on you for care?(please be careful about telling fantastical stories that the VO would call bullshit on immediately)
What of dependent children?
Demonstrating that you have family in Nigeria you can't possibly abandon helps your case.

Social ties - Do you lead an an organization here in Nigeria that would suffer in your prolonged absence? Are you a prominent member of your community that a lot of people depend on? What of your church or political party? Is there anything there that would compel you to return?

Try as you may, some people may not have plausible ties.
Then your plans for the future come into play.
What steps have you taken to secure your future in Nigeria (at the completion of your program) ?
You may have no ties now to Nigeria but you can be able to convince the VO that you plan to return by applying for a position here in Nigeria that would be provisionally accepted pending your program completion. (This is just an example).

If you have no ties or plausible compelling future plans, then your profile becomes really important.

Young, straight outta high school applying to a bachelors? Likely genuine student, more likely to be approved than someone in their late 20s, 10 years out of high school, being doing a 'computer diploma program' in the interim applying for the same bachelors.

Mid 20s, recently graduated (best months after graduation), going for a masters in a course related to their bachelors, likely to be approved regardless of ties compared to someone in their 30s, years post bachelors, masters in sth totally unrelated and no career benefit.

My point is Grace plays a huge role but we need to learn to analyze people's profiles when they are approved.

Check in this order
1. Ties
2. Plans
3. Profile

Very true please help me out here
Have applied for since
Have been deferring cox of covid
And this year too cox of some post covid issue so now am scheduled for interview later this year for spring semester
I had my Bsc in computer science
After NYSc 2018
Going for masters in computer network and security...
What kind of profile do I need ..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akosh005: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
If you need sponsors for your j1 teaching exchange programs in USA. DM for more info.
Note, you must have your teacher certificate, degree in education and 2years teaching experience. Intake starting by Sept for 2022 resumption

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchman(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
Chyjoey:
DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for genuine students.

There is no doubt that Grace plays a big role in getting an approval.

However, let's not attribute everything to grace and fail to see the emerging pattern here.

The VOs do NOT want to deny you a Visa. Infact, they want to approve you but the law and their training dictates that they assume you are an immigrant till you prove you aren't. So when you're denied, they are not saying 'Bleep off, we don't want you in our country' it's more like 'I believe you're trying to illegally immigrate, try the legal immigration route instead or convince me that you're a non-immigrant'.

This hurts me so much because I've seen genuine students denied because of the sins of visa abusers.

Now to the concept of ties, You must have ties to Nigeria to be considered a non-immigrant.

You see some of these people with Jobs they have worked at for more than 3 years with a work leave getting approved? Yes, it's grace but it's also Work ties.
For instance, today I saw a woman get approved who has been at a workplace for 15 years, and trust me her interview wasn't spectacular. Infact, she wasn't even vibing with the VO, but she had strong work ties and the program she was going for was plausibly going to improve her career. Hence, she was approved.

So if you're Jobless, are you screwed? Not necessarily.
Family ties - Are you married? Do you have older family members depending on you for care?(please be careful about telling fantastical stories that the VO would call bullshit on immediately)
What of dependent children?
Demonstrating that you have family in Nigeria you can't possibly abandon helps your case.

Social ties - Do you lead an an organization here in Nigeria that would suffer in your prolonged absence? Are you a prominent member of your community that a lot of people depend on? What of your church or political party? Is there anything there that would compel you to return?

Try as you may, some people may not have plausible ties.
Then your plans for the future come into play.
What steps have you taken to secure your future in Nigeria (at the completion of your program) ?
You may have no ties now to Nigeria but you can be able to convince the VO that you plan to return by applying for a position here in Nigeria that would be provisionally accepted pending your program completion. (This is just an example).

If you have no ties or plausible compelling future plans, then your profile becomes really important.

Young, straight outta high school applying to a bachelors? Likely genuine student, more likely to be approved than someone in their late 20s, 10 years out of high school, being doing a 'computer diploma program' in the interim applying for the same bachelors.

Mid 20s, recently graduated (best months after graduation), going for a masters in a course related to their bachelors, likely to be approved regardless of ties compared to someone in their 30s, years post bachelors, masters in sth totally unrelated and no career benefit.

My point is Grace plays a huge role but we need to learn to analyze people's profiles when they are approved.

Check in this order
1. Ties
2. Plans
3. Profile

Nice one bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gidimasters(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Any Transcript you submit by yourself during an application is considered unofficial regardless, it can only be considered official when it was submitted directly by your school through which ever medium they deem fit, u can apply with it to some schools though, but upon admission and acceptance you'll have to have your school submit another one directly to them for authentication, personally I avoid schools that ask for official copy during application process to save cost

What if I’ve done WES evaluation

Will the new WES report be my official transcript Or irrespective of WES, my school still needs to send transcript.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
gidimasters:

What if I’ve done a WES evaluation

Will the new WES report be my official transcript Or irrespective of WES, my school still needs to send a transcript.

Thanks
If WES sends the evaluated result directly to the school it is considered an official transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gidimasters(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kelex062:

If WES sends the evaluated result directly to the school it is considered an official transcript.

Oh! Makes sense now. Thank you wink wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cheifnaira: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mehn who sabi reschedule appointment and to get a fresh date in 2 weeks for another visa appt. if you have the ways pls reach out to me ASAP as my school gave me extra 2 weeks to resume. Visa denied 27th yesterday. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeeNaka: 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I want to apply for Spring 2022 semester. I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree and I have not done evaluation of transcript with WES or PUBH, I also has not taken IELTS nor TOEFL. I want to apply to a Pharmacy/Health related Masters degree. I have Master of Public Health in mind. Please I need suggestion on the institution I can go for.
Thanks.
Also, in case I get Admission, is it possible I can still get a date for interview to be able to join in spring session 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
gidimasters:

What if I’ve done WES evaluation

Will the new WES report be my official transcript Or irrespective of WES, my school still needs to send transcript.

Thanks
If you've done WES they'll always send the official transcript to any school that needs it at your request, you don't need any other transcript from your nigerian institution, you'll just have to pay small money to WES for them to process it, it think it's now about $15

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
Cheifnaira:
Mehn who sabi reschedule appointment and to get a fresh date in 2 weeks for another visa appt. if you have the ways pls reach out to me ASAP as my school gave me extra 2 weeks to resume. Visa denied 27th yesterday. Thanks for your help.

Sorry about the delay. First you might want to post the transcript of your previous interview so people out there can pick out what transpired and advise you accordingly. Second it's most likely impossible to get any magical dates within two weeks unless you schedule emergency appointment which is not 100% guarantee. Best bet is to attend online for this semester if that option is still available and schedule interview for Spring or just defer totally. Shalom.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
psalmistofGod:

Hi Themaths,

could you please help me with your email i need your advise on my admission process too. thanks

Send me an email from here. I will see it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Antisocial1: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
Who can help with mock interview? Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

Update me too
Also TOEFL registration too.
I can help you do that for 60k if you can study on your own, if interested get in touch emmanuelebo27@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.