Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646273 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Purl:
My story and transcript.

I applied for a masters in accounting program at East Tennessee State University in 2019 and I abandoned it at some point because they asked me for Gmat or Gre test result. In early 2020 just before Covid I paid the application fee because they kept buzzing me with reminder emails that my application isn't completed but at this time I had submitted every document required including my OND and BSc transcripts on the schools portal excluding gre and English test. In July 2020 I got an email from the school that I have been granted a waiver for gre and English test as a result of covid because they don't except any physical exam to take place. I was supposed to resume in August 2020 but before then I was offered admission with an international merit scholarship which was a partial scholarship. In order to secure the admission I was asked to fill a form to request for my I20. On this form you will indicate your marital status and also indicate who your sponsor is whether self or someone else. At the time I was single and I was 28yrs but my girlfriend was 24 and we have dating for 5 years from Uni days as we were classmates. So, at the time I had no money and I spoke to a distant uncle and he helped me with a 3 months bank statement which covered the remaining tuition after deducting the scholarship. I gave him a form sent to me by the school for him to fill as a sponsor, so he did. After all this process, i sent the request for I20 form , the bank statement and the form filled by distant uncle to the school. A week later I got my I20 showing my distant uncles fund as sponsor and my personal fund section of the I20 was zero. Unfortunately, I could not pay SEVIS fee at the time because even the US embassy in Nigeria was still observing lockdown then I deferred to Jan 2021. Approaching Nov 2020, the school by themselves sent me an updated I20 the only difference was the date for my program start date and when I am expected to finish. Few weeks later, I realised I had no money to pursue it and moreso I just got a job where I was earning in dollars in Lagos, before then I was a contract staff at PwC but I started working there in 2014 as an intern doing my IT after my OND before going for my BSc. So I often comeback during holidays to continue work part time then return to school when we resume. So I decided to defer again to Jan 2022 and I was told that's the last chance I have, after that deferment won't be allowed. In July 2021, I messaged the school on what I need to do to get a new I20 and i was told I have to start the process of requesting for it again. I reached out to my distant uncle and he said he has used the cash. I was stunned then I restrategised and spoke with my CEO and he said no issue I should let him know when I need it. On the day of my traditional marriage,just after the ceremony my mind was on my application and the school had told me I can reapply from that same day (it was just coincidental) then on my way back home I just submitted everything again, bank statement (this time around my personal bank statement and my CEO) and I indicated that I am married. Few weeks later in September I got two i20s for my wife and I. Surprisingly, my distant uncles name was still there as my sponsor and not my CEO what I now noticed was that they added my personal money to the CEOs money and put it as my personal fund on my i20. I was really confused but I sha left it that way and I told myself I have to defend this at the embassy that I really have this funds. So I sent money to my friend in the US to pay for my SEVIS fee then 3 business days after paying, I paid for visa fee for my wife and I. Then I went ahead to fill the DS160 form for my wife and I. Filled the form myself an agent I told me to bring 15k, but I did myself. After filling the form I tried scheduling an interview but I was given August 2022 as the earliest appointment date, I chose it like that even though my program is starting in Jan 2022. Then after choosing the date I got a prompt that I can apply for emergency date so I filled the emergency request form and attached my I20 as support document and also explained why I needed an emergency date. While I was doing all of these I had someone lined up to help me with proof of fund for UK and i was about to pay 1 million naira to borrow 20 million for 30 days as I have also gotten admission in several UK schools against Jan 2022 just as a back up for US. The few weeks later after applying for the emergency date I September 2021 I got an email from the embassy given us October 15, 2021 as interview date in lagos, same agent had told me to bring 150k each for my wife and I to get interview date for the US embassy.

Transcript
VO: Please can you guys pass me your passport and I20s
US: We did
VO: Was just typing......for about 3 mins
VO: What's your plan for your masters
Me: I am going to East Tennessee State University...bla bla bla..
VO: That wasn't what i asked you..
VO: What's your plan for your masters
Me: Am going to the US to gather more knowledge then return to my current job for a more senior role
VO: What's the guarantee you are coming back
Me: I showed him my employment letter (Remember I earn in USD)
VO: How long did your work at PwC
Me: 6 years ( I counted from 2014 even though I was an intern and only joined back on contract just before my NYSC)
VO: how much were you earning monthly
Me: 2 million a month ( but I lied here because until j left I was earning 110k) but I just had to demonstrate that I have been earning alot since 2014 otherwise he will suspect the school made a mistake on my personal funds showing $40k. When filling tge DS160 form I had put it there i started work in 2014 and monthly salary is 2 million per month so I was consistent.
VO: Ma'am are you an accountant
My wife: Yes sir
VO: Why aren't you going for masters as well
My wife: I want my husband to pursue his gmdream first and I will follow suit afterwards
VO: Who's a better accountant between the both of you
My wife: My husband because he is chartered
VO: Turned and looked at me
VO: How long are you guys married for
Me: 2 months
VO: Where do you work currently
Me: I told him
VO: You said you were earning 2 million a month when you were at PwC which is $5k converted to USD and you left there for a place where you are currently earning $1k, i don't understand your story is not adding up. Why will you do that
Me: I left because I wasn't getting the job satisfaction I desired and I got bored and tired of consulting and I wanted to move to the industry particularly real estate that's why i left, but my salary is more than $1k a month what you saw on my contract I showed you is my basic I still earn commissions from selling land in my office ( I confuse the guy)
VO: So you mean you earn $4k in commissions a month
Me: I said yes, even more atimes (then I explained the type of real estate my company is into)
VO: I believe your story
VO: Take this white paper and your I20s you need it at the port of entry, enjoy your stay at the Unired states

See ehn I was told not to apply with my wife that I will be denied, I was told US no go give me visa for various reasons but this God I serve is the formula to my family's success story today. God is awesome. We have collected our passports.

@Purl

Wow! Congrats on your approval and good luck to you and your wife.

I've applied for my MSc at East Tennessee State as well but upon payment of application fee my GTbank MasterCard wasn't accepted.
I'd like to know how you paid for your application fee please. Did you use a Naira card to pay?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
smithval:
Greetings.

Please is anyone going to East Tennessee state university for this Fall. I'm trying to connect with people, get roommates and travel buddies.

Please send me a DM if you are.

Thanks

Hello, congrats on your acceptance to ETSU.

I've applied for my MSc at East Tennessee State as well but upon payment of application fee my GTbank MasterCard wasn't accepted.
I'd like to know how you paid for your application fee please. Did you use a Naira card to pay?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Shaxyshaxy:
Yes, I am. Let's connect!

Hello. Congrats on your acceptance to ETSU.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by smithval(m): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
Svelte98:

Hello, congrats on your acceptance to ETSU.

Thanks.

Someone outside the country helped me pay for my application fees.

You could check barter by flutterwave. They have a virtual card you can use for payments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
sourkandi:

Boss, I haven't heard of such procedure concerning an F-1 visa. Be careful so you don't jeopardize the whole process.
he confirmed it that it true what you said. Do you know how many days it takes to get an admission after submitting every document needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davsidoo: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello guys

Why is it taking forever for emergency request to be granted?

Is there any way I can follow up or I just have to keep waiting for their response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
smithval:

You could check barter by flutterwave. They have a virtual card you can use for payments

Okay, thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Fescoblack:
he confirmed it that it true what you said. Do you know how many days it takes to get an admission after submitting every document needed

Depending on the school, most colleges give certain application update dates between 1-3 months after applying. Also the results might be delayed if the school is dealing with lots of applicants.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
You can send email to them.

Davsidoo:
Hello guys

Is there any way I can follow up or I just have to keep waiting for their response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
Davsidoo:
Hello guys

Lag or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davsidoo: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
Vahn:
Lag or Abuja?
Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
Davsidoo:
Hello guys

I applied yesterday and I was approved today (Abuja) but my problem is the available date is quite late for me. (Jan 12)
I don't know if it is possible to hang on for a closer date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
IvannahG:
Hi house, please I’ll like to make Sevis payment urgently. How do I contact @Walspring?

I have someone who can help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ock4: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
Vahn:
you dont need to fear, VOs would hardly be concerned about your canadian history

Thanks so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Pls when filing application.. is it a most to include ND result or I use use only HND... because I know the level of stress school gave me to get this my HND transcript

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Valolisa147: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
You can check again i got 22 Nov
itoski:

I applied yesterday and I was approved today (Abuja) but my problem is the available date is quite late for me. (Jan 12)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ock4: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
Temitemi28:

Present o ��

Present oooo PhD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
itoski:

i get denny when i apply but i have been denny visa in d last 6 month, what about u.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
I have not been able to get a date.
Can u put me through.l applied for date and l got denied.
Abuja
Davsidoo:
Hello guys

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aydebug(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
dakosta911:
Hello people
I converted my Waec using Wes unofficial website converter My question is I got a 3.11 on a 4.0 scale Is that the possible conversion officially or it would reduce
I got C6 C4 C4 C4 C4 C6 A1 D7 C6

please can you share the link, i will like to evalute mine as well. Make i check how my own too jaree
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by toluduji: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Dear Seniors in the house.

I am quite new here. Please which is better to use as for sponsor- Self sponsor or a third party sponsor?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
Bros you may not like this response but i am not sorry. You’ll need your ND too. Start disturbing your school.

Hazardd:
Pls when filing application.. is it a most to include ND result or I use use only HND... because I know the level of stress school gave me to get this my HND transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Use third party and yours as a support. If the VO ask, tell him/her you’ll be responsible for your living expenses while your sponsor will pay your school fees.

toluduji:
Dear Seniors in the house.

I am quite new here. Please which is better to use as for sponsor- Self sponsor or a third party sponsor?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
GentlSummrbreez:

I am interested in applying for MTSU as one of the schools I am applying for undergraduate studies. I would like to know if there is application fee waiver and also full scholarship. Please can someone kindly assist me with info of USA schools that offer fully funded scholarships on Fall admission. For creative courses particularly in videography, animation and Music(pop music). I believe God for full sponsorship to the US, and i will testify on this NL tread. Thanks in advance for replies. ���
Try University of Mount Union

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 12:58am On Oct 29, 2021
Helkayklassic:
Bros you may not like this response but i am not sorry. You’ll need your ND too. Start disturbing your school.

Asin the school wouldn't process the application without ND transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 3:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello Boss, i would like to ask a question pls. I am filling an application to a particular school for graduate study but I am instructed(not optional) to report all the schools that i want to apply to also.

Should I list all the schools or I should just tell them one or two schools in the application? In case I withhold information like this, are they going to know at the end? I just don't want to mess up my chances because of this.
smithval:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chibzee2: 3:36am On Oct 29, 2021
Hi guys, please I got a younger one who's been preparing for SAT for over 2 months now, does anyone here know of schools or scholarships that offer 50% or full scholarship to international students please. He's a brilliant boy, he'll smash the SAT, we just need full scholarships or extremely affordable schools. Any country please

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 3:37am On Oct 29, 2021
Hello Boss, i can see that you are doing a fantastic job here. Thanks for all your contributions so far.

Iwould like to ask a question pls. I am filling an application to a particular school for graduate study but I am instructed(not optional) to report all the schools that i want to apply to also.

I would like to know if I should I provide all the schools or I should just tell them one or two schools in the application form? In case I withhold information like this, are they going to know at the end? I just don't want to mess up my chances because of this.
Helkayklassic:
Use third party and yours as a support. If the VO ask, tell him/her you’ll be responsible for your living expenses while your sponsor will pay your school fees.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 3:49am On Oct 29, 2021
Gracilicutes:
i get denny when i apply but i have been denny visa in d last 6 month, what about u.
This my first time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by labodinho: 6:22am On Oct 29, 2021
Good day
How effective does travelling experience affect F1 visa approval?

*For a friend is in need*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anutioluwa1: 6:45am On Oct 29, 2021
Good morning, is there any whatsapp group that I can be added to? I have admission for spring 2022. Please kindly add me to the group 08165384330
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qpearl: 6:52am On Oct 29, 2021
Hi folks, I've applied to Bowie state University. But I'm yet to pay, part of the requirement is that I send in my official transcript. My question now is: will my transcript has to be delivered before my admission status is being decided upon?

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.