Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,959 members, 7,828,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654553 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
Teeldah:

Hi
Will emergency request be approved if i fill previously denied on the DS160?

Yes. I think so
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
Good afternoon all. Please, I would need guidance on how to make my application fee payment for University of Maryland. The options are eCheck and credit card, which obviously are not our normal debit card here. I want to ask from those with experience if there are ways to make the payment from Nigeria.

I would appreciate your kind response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
asunmoGGMU:
Good afternoon all. Please, I would need guidance on how to make my application fee payment for University of Maryland. The options are eCheck and credit card, which obviously are not our normal debit card here. I want to ask from those with experience if there are ways to make the payment from Nigeria.

I would appreciate your kind response.
Is it college park, Baltimore or eastern shore?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
Shanid:

Is it college park, Baltimore or eastern shore?

College Park. Any suggestion?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richkid59(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
Good afternoon house.
I got an admission to WIU, My i-20 was just issued and classes would be starting Jan 18 2022. I am trying to schedule an appointment date and the closest I can find for Lagos is Sept 2022. I do not mind going to Abuja but the closest in Abuja is May 2022. Please can someone Advise on how to schedule an emergency date. Your response would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ge0grapher(m): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
Guys, is WES evaluation compulsory for all US schools??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Philjj1102: 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
Dear nairalanders,

I got denied in Abuja yesterday. Here is my transcript.

Vo: pass me your passport and i20
Me: i did
Vo: have you ever travelled before
Me: no
Vo: i can see you have partial scholarship, how do you intend to cover the rest
Me: my Uncle
Vo: what does he do
Me: i didn't hear so i said sorry...
Vo: "repeats question"
Me: he owns chains of store and also into import and export
Vo: ok
Vo: what do you do
Me: I work for lagos state government.
Vo: handed the the blue paper.

Please guys kindly tell me what i did wrong and how to prepare for my next interview. Also can i get an emergency application because my program starts January.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Philjj1102: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ge0grapher:
Guys, is WES evaluation compulsory for all US schools??

No its not

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Philjj1102: 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
richkid59:
Good afternoon house.
I got an admission to WIU, My i-20 was just issued and classes would be starting Jan 18 2022. I am trying to schedule an appointment date and the closest I can find for Lagos is Sept 2022. I do not mind going to Abuja but the closest in Abuja is May 2022. Please can someone Advise on how to schedule an emergency date. Your response would be appreciated.

You have to pay for you servis fee and also visa, book the nearest visa appointement you can find on the available visa date. Then on your left hand section of your page, you will find request emergency appointment, upload the required documents along with a letter explaining why you need an emergency date. Wait for response afterwards.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
Philjj1102:
Dear nairalanders,

Please guys kindly tell me what i did wrong and how to prepare for my next interview. Also can i get an emergency application because my program starts January.

It's sad that you weren't even asked any question relating to your school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Erudite77:
Dear friends,

Please who can recommend schools that accept first degree seeker in the US?

Where can the person sit for SAT?

How does one go about it?

I want to register a lil bro.

Please respond. What's your take on this result?

1) ENGLISH LANGUAGE. C4
2) MATHEMATICS B3
3) ECOMOMICS C5
4)GEOGRAPHY B3
5) CIVIC EDUCATION B2
6) YORUBA LANGUAGE C6
7) BIOLOGY C5
CHEMISTRY E8
9) PHYSICS D7
COURSE TO OFFER GEOGRAPHY

LANGUAGE C6

Be blessed.

This result in my opinion isn't bad, and you should try evaluating it using the WES free calculator too. All the person needs to do is to try ace the SAT to guarantee some sort of scholarship.

SAT to my understanding is registered just like TOEFL .
You should check this guy out for the registration. I have not tried him before sha ooo, he comes to me like a descent person though . Hakym8T

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richkid59(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
Philjj1102:

You have to pay for you servis fee and also visa, book the nearest visa appointement you can find on the available visa date. Then on your left hand section of your page, you will find request emergency appointment, upload the required documents along with a letter explaining why you need an emergency date. Wait for response afterwards.

thanks so much bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
Is it the black lady (African American) vo?

Better post full transcript

ironmanmax:

She said I didn't state enough reasons why I'll be going to the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ironmanmax: 8:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
Gent2nice:
Is it the black lady (African American) vo?

Better post full transcript

So my interview was supposed to be slated for 10:30am , and I have read on NL where people actually can have interview before their supposed time and as per say I just wan sharply do am commot I went early and got there around to 6am.

I got a place to park, which they collected 1k but was a bit far from the place of interview so I asked one guy is can park someone closer which I later did and pay another 1k

Omo your passport photograph should be the standard size required, your ds160 should be the confirmation page gan gan you print and not the one sent to your mail then make 2 copies of your international passport.

Make sure you note all this because if you don't you'll pay heavily for the service outside the consulate because those guys dey para well.

Make I just skip the interview

It was only one early black america woman I suppose with one tall white guy standing behind her and they were working together kind of in a way

Before my turn I had like 10-15 people in my front na so she just dey denial all their visa like fast fast except one girl that seems she had alot of experience with travels and all she came very prepared and was talking and interacting alot and I my mind I was like I thought giving just a direct reply is enough

VO: good morning
Me: Good morning I then passed my passport and i-20
VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: To have my degree in .......
VO: what are your plans after your study
Me: I would be coming back to Nigeria with the advanced knowledge I have gotten in ...... Which would be a key factor in expanding my establishment in ........ Especially with the international Approach gotten
VO: why college
Me: colleges offer more practical knowledge and also the tuition fee of $21k is affordable for me
VO: tell me what you do
Me: I am the managing director of ..... , We deal in ...... And my roles are ........
VO: you've still not giving me a full breakdown of what you do, I am sorry this time around your visa can't be approved try next time them gimme blue paper and I commot.

*From what I learnt you really have to keep talking like you dey law court even when you are interrupted and you stop for like 5 seconds, find another thing to keep talking about even wetin them no ask you that is valid and will seem to be like a strong point for your visa to be approved

Omo make I no lie , the thing way me down because aside the money put into this, the stress in applying and doings research and all is really painful, sleepless night reading and getting good replied to possible questions omo I just weak I went straight home and I tried to sleep.

But honestly is we get good government them suppose dey fight for us because this guys dey really extort mad money from us because you know people will re apply over and over.

I used to like US, omo I come dey vex say wetin sef them too dey carry their country for head, but I learnt my own part of the mistake

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Visa denied today @ Abuja
COA= 36K dollars, no funding

VO : Have you travelled out of Nigeria before
ME: Nope, I have not had any reason to
VO: Do you have relatives in the USA
ME: No
VO: Who is paying
Me: My mum's brother
VO: that's your uncle
Me: yes my uncle
VO: where do you work and what do you do in Nigeria
Me: I work with Xyz as a Civil engineer where I carry out XZY duties
VO: sorry you do not qualify at this time around, you can reapply, Thank you

No questions relating to the school.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adebusorlah: 12:11am On Oct 30, 2021
Hello, gurus in-house.
I would like you to help me out with this question...
I applied for Fall 2021 but I couldn't travel because my emergency date was denied and I was asked to stick to the regular date given to me by the Us embassy in Lagos which is dated Jan 20th, 2022, I never went for the interview at all...so I immediately emailed my school to tell them my situation and they told me to defer my admission to spring 2022, which have done that and a new I-20 has been created for me, and Spring classes start on Jan 18th, 2022.
So I decided to change my location from Lagos to Abuja and the date I was able to get now is June 28th, 2022 which is far from my resumption date...presently, the emergency request tab is not showing on my CGI page... So I want to ask/know whether I can still get an emergence date or not? if yes, what are the steps am going to take? Thanks...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 4:49am On Oct 30, 2021
Joeonel:
Pls I need your help. Am trying to book a visa interview appointment date. I keep getting from August 2022. My resumption is 10 January 2022. Pls how can I get an earlier date like November or December 2021 interview date
You've not been reading posts here, if you have, you won't be repeating this same question.
You have two options...
1. Accept the August 2022 date and apply for emergency interview 2 months before your resumption or
2. Check at nights (12am-3am) for earlier dates.

Try to be reading page by page or ask your questions on google then tag 'nairaland general USA visa enquiry'

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ironmanmax: 5:19am On Oct 30, 2021
ironmanmax:

So my interview was supposed to be slated for 10:30am , and I have read on NL where people actually can have interview before their supposed time and as per say I just wan sharply do am commot I went early and got there around to 6am.

I got a place to park, which they collected 1k but was a bit far from the place of interview so I asked one guy is can park someone closer which I later did and pay another 1k

Omo your passport photograph should be the standard size required, your ds160 should be the confirmation page gan gan you print and not the one sent to your mail then make 2 copies of your international passport.

Make sure you note all this because if you don't you'll pay heavily for the service outside the consulate because those guys dey para well.

Make I just skip the interview

It was only one early black america woman I suppose with one tall white guy standing behind her and they were working together kind of in a way

Before my turn I had like 10-15 people in my front na so she just dey denial all their visa like fast fast except one girl that seems she had alot of experience with travels and all she came very prepared and was talking and interacting alot and I my mind I was like I thought giving just a direct reply is enough

VO: good morning
Me: Good morning I then passed my passport and i-20
VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: To have my degree in .......
VO: what are your plans after your study
Me: I would be coming back to Nigeria with the advanced knowledge I have gotten in ...... Which would be a key factor in expanding my establishment in ........ Especially with the international Approach gotten
VO: why college
Me: colleges offer more practical knowledge and also the tuition fee of $21k is affordable for me
VO: tell me what you do
Me: I am the managing director of ..... , We deal in ...... And my roles are ........
VO: you've still not giving me a full breakdown of what you do, I am sorry this time around your visa can't be approved try next time them gimme blue paper and I commot.

*From what I learnt you really have to keep talking like you dey law court even when you are interrupted and you stop for like 5 seconds, find another thing to keep talking about even wetin them no ask you that is valid and will seem to be like a strong point for your visa to be approved

Omo make I no lie , the thing way me down because aside the money put into this, the stress in applying and doings research and all is really painful, sleepless night reading and getting good replied to possible questions omo I just weak I went straight home and I tried to sleep.

But honestly is we get good government them suppose dey fight for us because this guys dey really extort mad money from us because you know people will re apply over and over.

I used to like US, omo I come dey vex say wetin sef them too dey carry their country for head, but I learnt my own part of the mistake

Good morning guys, abeg what are the next steps for applying for another appoinment date after visa fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 5:20am On Oct 30, 2021
Be like they are just keen to collect visa fee twice this time around. Why are all the denial transcript same questions format?

I think the decision was made immediately you said you have not travelled out of Nigeria before, the rest of the questions na wash.

Try to reapply and hopefully you’ll get it this time.

Kassidy4luv:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damzyk: 7:40am On Oct 30, 2021
Yes,
You have to send your transcript to the body that will reevaluate it after which the body sends it to the school. If your grades after reevaluation meets up with the school's cut off standard, then you will be considered.

Qpearl:
Hi folks, I've applied to Bowie state University. But I'm yet to pay, part of the requirement is that I send in my official transcript. My question now is: will my transcript has to be delivered before my admission status is being decided upon?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Owenuneed: 8:10am On Oct 30, 2021
Sorry you were not able to convince the V.O that you were a Credible student. Your Answers were not convincing enough.

Philjj1102:
Dear nairalanders,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davsidoo: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2021
If you applied for ER in Lagos, I guess we just have to be patient. It is well

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RENOWNED2(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2021
domex007:
Hey guys!!!
Happy to see that this waxing strong ��
Shoutout to y’all for helping and learning from each other.
I want to use this opportunity to encourage my fellow youths.
A quick reminder of my visa struggle;
Got denied student visa in 2013, 2014, 2015 denied Canadian visa in 2016 and German visa 2016. I got admission to yaba tech and started my business on the side. Against all odds, I applied for US visa in 2018 and was approved after answering a zillion questions with a very calm face and a face that hoped for the worse.

I’m in New Jersey and will be graduating in December.

God has been with me through all my struggles in America.

It can only be God guys. I hope this helps someone on here.
Keep the faith and keep grinding.
God bless America

Which school?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2021
Owenuneed:
Sorry you were not able to convince the V.O that you were a Credible student. Your Answers were not convincing enough.

He was asked basic questions not even related to the course he intends going for or even the school and he gave answers. You're here saying he wasn’t convincing enough

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bekindtoo: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2021
No! It's neither about convincing the VO or not. I think the VO denied him/her visa based on profiling. The questions were just mere formalities.

Owenuneed:

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2021
Owenuneed:

What else do you want him to say bro?? Those are basic questions, do you want him to answer what he was not asked? From your profile you're still looking for visa so I'm wondering how you now became an authority on the best answers to give a VO as a credible student, Abeg leave this matter, accept that non of us knows why.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Owenuneed: 9:53am On Oct 30, 2021
This is sad the rate of Japa is becoming alarming and they are aware. This country is messed up.

Kassidy4luv:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Owenuneed: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2021
No vex
emmanuelle27:
What else do you want him to say bro?? Those are basic questions, do you want him to answer what he was not asked? From your profile you're still looking for visa so I'm wondering how you now became an authority on the best answers to give a VO as a credible student, Abeg leave this matter, accept that non of us knows why.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Owenuneed: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2021
They keep saying one should reply like it's free. Lmaaaaooo

And they won't state the particular reason for refusal so one could work on next time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ronaldoguy: 11:06am On Oct 30, 2021
Owenuneed:
Sorry you were not able to convince the V.O that you were a Credible student.
Philjj1102 post=107170762:
Dear nairalanders,

NigPatriot:

It's sad that you weren't even asked any question relating to your school.
you pissed the vo off with ur shallow answers. You want the vo to be reading ur minds for answers. I work for Lagos state government is not specific. My uncle has chain of store is neither helpful. What does he sells? What he deals with determines whether he can sponsor u. Next time avoid ambiguous statements.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Potbellied:

This result in my opinion isn't bad, and you should try evaluating it using the WES free calculator too. All the person needs to do is to try ace the SAT to guarantee some sort of scholarship.

SAT to my understanding is registered just like TOEFL .
You should check this guy out for the registration. I have not tried him before sha ooo, he comes to me like a descent person though . Hakym8T

Thank you, my dear friend!

Our people have been ignoring the post. I'm most grateful.

Is it compulsory he sits for the SAT?

Any chance of getting admission with the results without SAT?

I don't think he's very interested in scholarships; admission first.

I look forward to getting a reply, dear brother.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitemi28: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
hello my people please is there anyone here that can put me through on mock interviews?

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.