Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648752 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yourfavemls(f): 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hello everyone, please has anyone here gotten admission into Bridgeport university?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ogbonoluwa: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good day everyone, I got around 90% funding form school for master to be specific got funding of 30k have a deficit of 3k.
My sponsor have a balance of 3million in is saving and current account just want to confirm if it okay for the embassy because I want to reduce the possibility of getting rejected. Thanks for all your input.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
Davsidoo:
Lagos
send an email to lagosniv
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Davsidoo: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
Vahn:
send an email to lagosniv
i did
They said I should be patient
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by femiesomuch: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hello my folks. Please i need an urgent answer. I mistakenly used my friend visa fee reference number as my own while trying to book appointment. I have sent a mail to them to notify them but this is weekend and no response possibly till week days. We are bearing the same surname. So I cannot proceed with her own cos I don’t want any complications. Please anyone that can proffer solution.
Thank you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bekindtoo: 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Obviously, the balance is more than the 3k deficit when you convert it. So, it's good to go. However, is this sponsor related to you? I foresee them asking you 'how much your sponsor earns monthly/yearly'. So be prepared to provide a convincing answer. Congratulations in advance.

ogbonoluwa:
Good day everyone, I got around 90% funding form school for master to be specific got funding of 30k have a deficit of 3k.
My sponsor have a balance of 3million in is saving and current account just want to confirm if it okay for the embassy because I want to reduce the possibility of getting rejected. Thanks for all your input.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ogbonoluwa: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
� Thanks for congratulating me in advance, for the sake of the interview he is my uncle and I will be providing his zenith, unity and dollar account. Thanks for likely question I will work on it

Bekindtoo:
Obviously, the balance is more than the 3k deficit when you convert it. So, it's good to go. However, is this sponsor related to you? I foresee them asking you 'how much your sponsor earns monthly/yearly'. So be prepared to provide a convincing answer. Congratulations in advance.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
Philjj1102:
Dear nairalanders,

I got denied in Abuja yesterday. Here is my transcript.

Vo: pass me your passport and i20
Me: i did
Vo: have you ever travelled before
Me: no
Vo: i can see you have partial scholarship, how do you intend to cover the rest
Me: my Uncle
Vo: what does he do
Me: i didn't hear so i said sorry...
Vo: "repeats question"
Me: he owns chains of store and also into import and export
Vo: ok
Vo: what do you do
Me: I work for lagos state government.
Vo: handed the the blue paper.

Please guys kindly tell me what i did wrong and how to prepare for my next interview. Also can i get an emergency application because my program starts January.

With this transcript I am very sure that it was the Korean VO that interviewed you, this was the exact questions he asked me. Bro you did not do anything wrong. He usually base his decision on travelling history.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by femiesomuch: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
femiesomuch:
Hello my folks. Please i need an urgent answer. I mistakenly used my friend visa fee reference number as my own while trying to book appointment. I have sent a mail to them to notify them but this is weekend and no response possibly till week days. We are bearing the same surname. So I cannot proceed with her own cos I don’t want any complications. Please anyone that can proffer solution.
Thank you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
Please, who has applied to University of Baltimore here b4, for M.Sc admission
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
ironmanmax:

So my interview was supposed to be slated for 10:30am , and I have read on NL where people actually can have interview before their supposed time and as per say I just wan sharply do am commot I went early and got there around to 6am.

Sorry about your experience.

Please can you tell me the name of your school, trying to look for affordable schools.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kassidy4luv:
Visa denied today @ Abuja
COA= 36K dollars, no funding

Please can you tell me the name of your school, trying to look for affordable schools.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good people,

Please help a friend. Can you help with affordable schools for master's degree please.

I solicit your assistance.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
femiesomuch:
Thank you all

Don't fret! Wait for their response..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
ogbonoluwa:

The balance is fine but get acquainted to what your sponsor does. you'll be asked so, say that part looking straight at the eyes of the VO. At this point don't fidget nor stammer. Be confident while saying it, and watch your visa being approved.

All the best

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kassidy4luv:
Visa denied today @ Abuja
COA= 36K dollars, no funding

VO : Have you travelled out of Nigeria before
ME: Nope, I have not had any reason to
VO: Do you have relatives in the USA
ME: No
VO: Who is paying
Me: My mum's brother
VO: that's your uncle
Me: yes my uncle
VO: where do you work and what do you do in Nigeria
Me: I work with Xyz as a Civil engineer where I carry out XZY duties
VO: sorry you do not qualify at this time around, you can reapply, Thank you

No questions relating to the school.
The Korean guy interviewed you right? Because he is known for asking travel history
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Erudite77:

Thank you, my dear friend!

Our people have been ignoring the post. I'm most grateful.

Is it compulsory he sits for the SAT?

Any chance of getting admission with the results without SAT?

I don't think he's very interested in scholarships; admission first.

I look forward to getting a reply, dear brother.

Thank you.

Frankly sir, I have not seen anyone who gets an undergraduate admission without SAT or ACT. (I'm not saying it isn't possible, I haven't just seen nor heard anyone)

PS: You can also check prospective schools' websites, they have their specific requirements just like they do for Grad studies.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
Potbellied:

Frankly sir, I have not seen anyone who gets an undergraduate admission without SAT or ACT. (I'm not saying it isn't possible, I haven't just seen nor heard anyone)

I can even remember one of the senior folks here on this thread hammered on it the day he was advising a guy who wanted to apply to Berea College. I remember he specifically said that NO SCHOOL will choose a good application with SAT over an equally good application without SAT. I think he is right.

I feel that SAT is just a way of giving our results credibility to equal the US 's own.

The result you posted up there is not bad at all. Please allow him sit for SAT if the finance is available.

PS: You can also check prospective schools' websites, they have their specific requirements just like they do for Grad studies.

Not trying to disagree, but I got accepted for an undergrad biochemistry program with a $26300 scholarship without taking standardized tests. You can get accepted without taking the SAT or even the ACT.
Taking one or both of these tests will improve your chances and give you a slight edge over other applicants who did not take them but it does not guarantee acceptance(please still take it if you can). Ensure your O'levels or A'levels are wonderful, submit your secondary school transcripts, get your teachers to write superb recommendation letters and write a killer personal statement. Include supplementary essays too if necessary and hope for the best.

Also, it would be a good idea if your brother uses the Common App to apply. He can apply to as much as 20 schools and even get the application fees waived if his counselor or principal can attest that he will not be able to afford all of them. It is a wonderful platform, just sign up, fill in your information and pick the schools you want to apply to. You will be required to fill in your O'levels or A'Levels, standardized tests scores(if any) and GPA. Your teachers will also need to send the recommendation letters on the website. Upload your personal statement(you will be given a prompt) and supplementary essays(if any is needed) and fill in your extracurriculars.
It is a long process sha but it's worth it. Search Google and YouTube for more info.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Some schools are test optional too and others require them. Just do your research properly and see what works best for you. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 12:36am On Oct 31, 2021
Ge0grapher:
Guys, is WES evaluation compulsory for all US schools??
No
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 3:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Minnesota state uni Mankato
sbot:
Good people,

Please help a friend. Can you help with affordable schools for master's degree please.

I solicit your assistance.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 4:34am On Oct 31, 2021
sourkandi:

Not trying to disagree, but I got accepted for an undergrad biochemistry program with a $26300 scholarship without taking standardized tests. You can get accepted without taking the SAT or even the ACT.
Taking one or both of these tests will improve your chances and give you a slight edge over other applicants who did not take them but it does not guarantee acceptance(please still take it if you can). Ensure your O'levels or A'levels are wonderful, submit your secondary school transcripts, get your teachers to write superb recommendation letters and write a killer personal statement. Include supplementary essays too if necessary and hope for the best.

Also, it would be a good idea if your brother uses the Common App to apply. He can apply to as much as 20 schools and even get the application fees waived if his counselor or principal can attest that he will not be able to afford all of them. It is a wonderful platform, just sign up, fill in your information and pick the schools you want to apply to. You will be required to fill in your O'levels or A'Levels, standardized tests scores(if any) and GPA. Your teachers will also need to send the recommendation letters on the website. Upload your personal statement(you will be given a prompt) and supplementary essays(if any is needed) and fill in your extracurriculars.
It is a long process sha but it's worth it. Search Google and YouTube for more info.
For spring or Fall?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 5:40am On Oct 31, 2021
bukhety:

But I'm curious to know, how are these agents able do it? Like, how do they get dates to sell?

I really won’t mind to buy at this point, can you link me with any agent who does that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 5:46am On Oct 31, 2021
sbot:

Thanks.

Western Illinois University is affordable try and research

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 31, 2021
sourkandi:

You're right. I actually said I haven't just seen nor heard anyone . I never said it is impossible. Yours is the first I've heard.

And thank you so much for this, sourkandi . God bless you a lot.

Erudite77 , see this please.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 31, 2021
sourkandi:
Some schools are test optional too and others require them. Just do your research properly and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Thanks a lot.
Erudite77 , see this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:53am On Oct 31, 2021
Potbellied:

I can even remember one of the senior folks here on this thread hammered on it the day he was advising a guy who wanted to apply to Berea College. I remember he specifically said that NO SCHOOL will choose a good application with SAT over an equally good application without SAT. I think he is right.

I feel that SAT is just a way of giving our results credibility to equal the US 's own.

The result you posted up there is not bad at all. Please allow him sit for SAT if the finance is available.

Thank you so much, brother!

I'm very grateful.

Be blessed.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2021
sourkandi:

Thank you for this, brother!

I'm very grateful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 7:02am On Oct 31, 2021
Potbellied:

Thanks a lot.
Erudite77 , see this

I'm very much interested in knowing you though, at the right time.

Thank you for your 'responconcern', even when our people ignore.

You've been a wonderful friend. I wish I could 'dash' you a babe.Lol �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sefunmit: 7:38am On Oct 31, 2021
Same here
Have you gotten an interview date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adjeley: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Good day everyone. I graduated with a GPA of 3.82/4.0 in 2019 with a degree in business administration. I want to further in doing my masters either in MBA or Masters in Public Administration. For the MBA I can say I have adequate experience and have gotten enough schools to apply to. For the MPA, I don't really have much experience but I chose the school because the funding opportunities are great. Should I get admitted, what can I use to justify my choice of MPA to the visa officer? Or I should stick to the MBA?
Please help me to make a choice. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.