Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642878 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2022
You are writing you self off even before your interview date, no one have 80% guarantee that their visa will be appproved. Everything is just belive.

Do everything possible to prove you are going there to study, don’t use any of them as your sponsor and also try not to choose schools in the state your sister and brother lives.

Let your application stand out, let it not be like it has any connection with any of your siblings. Do you.

You last question, I don’t have an answer.

Best wishes.

Fawaz12345:
Hello guys I’m about to start my application for fall 2022 student visa for US but my fear is that I might get rejected because my sister is a Pr of Us and my brother is also still studying there.What are my chances like?
And I’ve also purchased the tourism visa stuff of 67,000 can I use it for F1 visa?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Fawaz12345:
Hello guys I’m about to start my application for fall 2022 student visa for US but my fear is that I might get rejected because my sister is a Pr of Us and my brother is also still studying there.What are my chances like?
And I’ve also purchased the tourism visa stuff of 67,000 can I use it for F1 visa?
Hello.
1. Did your sister enter the US through F1?
2. It's OK to have a brother studying.
3. Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2022
Please anyone willing to help me fill out DS160 and do the visa application for me. Please contact me directly 08135229619 also my WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2022
ImaIma1:

jessykeith12@gmail.com

ima4real2013@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2022
@fairheart, kindly help with GRE materials. My mail jessykeith12@gmail.com. thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Karinaletters: 8:17am On Jan 06, 2022
Nanthediverse:
What is the site for application of visa after you have paid the visa fees at the bank.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2022
We are on the same boat. I actually cancelled schools I had already chosen cos they aren't on mpower/prodigy list of schools. Narrowed my search to approved schools.
bukhety:

Wow! Congrats! I'm looking forward to reading your approval transcript because I am taking mpower loan too for fall 2022. It will end in praise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2022
sbot:
Getting this error while trying to created an account to book an appointment:

User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Anyone knows how to resolve this, please?

Thank you!

Send the email to their support system:

Email: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Subject: Please help me create cgifederal account from your end.

Body: Good day,

Please I’m unable to create an account, i have been getting an error
message. I would be happy if you can help me create cgifederal account so i
can schedule an appointment.. i have attached the error message to this
email..
Thanks!.

Within 10mins (working days), they would reply.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2022
sbot:

Please what email did you send this to? I'm having a similar issue.

Thank you!

Send the email to their support system:

Email: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Subject: Please help me create cgifederal account from your end.

Body: Good day,

Please I’m unable to create an account, i have been getting an error
message. I would be happy if you can help me create cgifederal account so i
can schedule an appointment.. i have attached the error message to this
email..
Thanks!.

Within 10mins (working days), they would reply.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:37am On Jan 06, 2022
gwallt:
Please guys I got delayed in Abuja and I changed to Lagos to get a new appointment date for my interview! I have paid for another MRV and fill a new ds-160.I applied for Emergency date since on Monday and uptill now no response from them.I used the same cgi that I used for Abuja for Lagos.l hope that’s not the reason why I haven’t got a response from them.Your advice is needed gurus in the house.

The same CGI is not the problem. Since you already know ays updated the account with the new receipt ID and changes the location to Lag.

To be sincere with you, there is no closer date available in Lag embassy atm, also coming from the fact that you’re denied weeks ago, it might be hard to get date because even regular date (people have hat have not been denied before) seekers in lag are still on the queue ‘looking for date’.

Don’t forget i said Hard not Impossible. So, still keep following up.

Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rukween: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2022
beejhay69:

Good day.
Please what do you suggest I do? I got the current date with reschedule option. Now, I'm going for FALL 2022 instead. Isn't going for an interview now a red flag?

1. If you got your current date via the 'Reschedule option' then you won't be able to access it again.

2. Yes. You can schedule another appointment with the same MRV if you haven't cancelled before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2022
Rukween:
Good day all

I am scheduled for an interview 12th January,2022 and that is the date of my school's resumption. I applied for extension letter but the school suggested I defer to Fall 2022 which I am very ok with.

Now, my confusion is;

1. Should I reschedule my visa interview to a later date? In March or April?

2. Would I need to fill another DS-160 when I am going for the rescheduled interview?
If I do not need to, can I still fill a NEW one to make changes or I can edit this current DS-160

I'm grateful for your responses.

2. You would need to fill in a new ds160 around the time you schedule for the new interview. Ds160 expires after 30days of filling. So get your new date before you start filling it.

1. Yeah, kindly reschedule to at least 60days before the resumption date on your i20. I mean, if your school resumption is August, get you a May-July date.

Don’t forget the date search kick start from NOW, don’t wait till later, now!!!

Goodluck!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

My brother helped me pay this $350 online since 31st of December o

I still don’t have a mail from them.

Online bawo? No na!

The best place to pay SEVIS is Western Union in the USA, it would reflect with 10mins.

Online not even bank check or pay-Order How??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2022
sbot:
Anyone please,

can I get an appointment date in Lagos against March ending resumption?

Appreciate your help.

Nobody here, would assure you of getting or not. It is you yourself that would do the work. So, pay for the visa fee and start checking and seeing for dates from now on. All I am super of is that ‘date go choke’ this coming fall as usual. So, the earlier the better!!

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2022
beejhay69:

2. Yes. You can schedule another appointment with the same MRV if you haven't cancelled before.
@rukween
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Please does that mean I will need to fill another Ds-160 because I was admitted for spring but I couldn't get EA request approved,so I have to defer to fall 2022 because my regular appointment date is May 2022
Moshkom:

2. You would need to fill in a new ds160 around the time you schedule for the new interview. Ds160 expires after 30days of filling. So get your new date before you start filling it.

1. Yeah, kindly reschedule to at least 60days before the resumption date on your i20. I mean, if your school resumption is August, get you a May-July date.

Don’t forget the date search kick start from NOW, don’t wait till later, now!!!

Goodluck!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:27am On Jan 06, 2022
Tinafusty:
Please does that mean I will need to fill another Ds-160 because I was admitted for spring but I couldn't get EA request approved,so I have to defer to fall 2022 because my regular appointment date is May 2022

Now defer to Fall 2022. When the new i20 being given to you, you would have to fill new ds160 for Fall 2022 with the Info on it.
You should kick start the filling around April, that would be like 1month to your May 2022 already scheduled date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amanonymous(m): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2022
TheSociopath:

Hi, I always advise people with low CGPA to do the following:
1. Do WES evaluation, i.e., convert your grades to American standard (/4.0)
2. Write TOEFL and GRE/GMAT and obtain very good scores (this shows that you're ready for graduate school, you set aside months to prepare for these exams)
3. Research on schools that accept low CGPA like 2.75/4.00 (remember you must do WES evaluation to know your grade /4.0). For example, APSU.

Best of luck bro
Does it mean.you cant apply with this gpa and get the visa and i feel Nigeria an anglophone country is toefil still needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amanonymous(m): 9:54am On Jan 06, 2022
Please i want to get this off my mind,i need your views and opinions on this.

Is it a necessity to write toefl and gmat exams for a low gpa or second class lower?
Am trying to avoid writing this exams cause,i learnt people do fail this exams.
Am trying to look out for a school that dosent need this exams
Can i get a name of a school please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 10:17am On Jan 06, 2022
SaMajeste:

Booking through their app means you will be paying with a dollar card.

I went to their office because I couldn't pay via the app as it was in USD. So when I called them, they said I should come to their office and pay; that was where I got to know about their student discount offer. They automatically give when they see your visa and age, so go with your passport.

I will like to know if you still had to do a pre arrival Covid test from Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 10:48am On Jan 06, 2022
Congratulations for the F2 visas granted sir.
I will need to mention you also sir when the time comes. I am expecting decisions on my PhD applications for Fall 2022. I (F1 applicant) am hoping to apply with 3 other F2 applicants.

Thanks in advance for your time sir
oracle009:

My pleasure. Just mention me. I dropped this also because F2 interview is scarce
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blueychic(f): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2022
Good day everyone, my application was done in June 2021 and I stated that my resumption was for August 22nd 2021 in my ds-160. Unfortunately I couldn't get an appointment date. When I emailed my school, I was told to defer till spring resumption and was issued another i-20 which will work with my new interview date in January. Does this mean I need to fill another ds-160? Because date has really been an issue for me and I already filled the fall resumption date .
Thank you in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2022
SaMajeste:

Booking through their app means you will be paying with a dollar card.

I went to their office because I couldn't pay via the app as it was in USD. So when I called them, they said I should come to their office and pay; that was where I got to know about their student discount offer. They automatically give when they see your visa and age, so go with your passport.

Wow! Thanks man. I would most likely book through the app, I just hope they would consider the student visa discount on the app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2022
Good day sir,
This is my email ID: loveycal@yahoo.com.
Thanks for your time sir.
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2022
amanonymous:

Does it mean.you cant apply with this gpa and get the visa and i feel Nigeria an anglophone country is toefil still needed

You need it to strengthen your profile especially if you are looking for funding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2022
I'm waiting for my Updated I-20 this January because I defer my admission to Fall 2022. I have SEVIS number now, should I go ahead and make payment for Visa Fee & SEVIS Fee or I should wait till I receive my new Updated I-20?/

Urgent response pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afesdiddy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hello guys

Have been going through this thread for some years, and I think it's time for me to start the process, can any one help me on the procedures, I do be very happy

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habbyy03: 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Careade8@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2022
Afesdiddy:
Hello guys

Have been going through this thread for some years, and I think it's time for me to start the process, can any one help me on the procedures, I do be very happy

Thanks

You've been going through the thread for years. You should be the one helping people with procedure by now. cheesy

22 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nanthediverse:
Please anyone willing to help me fill out DS160 and do the visa application for me. Please contact me directly 08135229619 also my WhatsApp

I don't know why you'll need anyone to help you fill out your DS160. Your interview questions will surely come out that document. So why not fill it yourself and maybe get assistance from someone to help you look through and spot likely red flags.

Going this route of publicly seeking someone to fill your DS160 will draw you towards agents and that doesn't always end well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pelpizy: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
pelpizy:

Thanks I really appreciate.
I have applied for emergency visa this morning, they said they will get back to me via mail if it is approved. How long does it take them to approve my emergency visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2022
Moshkom:

Online bawo? No na!

The best place to pay SEVIS is Western Union in the USA, it would reflect with 10mins.

Online not even bank check or pay-Order How??

Thank You o.

I just told him to call back the money, will he get a refund?

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.