Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644039 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

Thank You o.

I just told him to call back the money, will he get a refund?

I actually can’t say yes or no. But he should try, it is USA not 9ja.

Tell him to use WESTERN UNION, after collecting it back. WESTERN UNION!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ajagbesy: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
Complement of the season to you all. Am not really new here but my first post. Am a B. Sc. Holder in biology education and I want to do my master degree program in any of the Universities in USA. Please kindly help me out. Your advice and guide lines really matters slot. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please can anyone help me with schools that allow one apply for PhD with one's undergraduate results?
Most especially in Education Courses.
Scholar212:
Anyone here applies to Uni Texas Health Houston? My friend that we applied together got love letter yesterday. I don't have any mail till now. Let me know if there are others that have gotten any response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hey guys. I’m having my interview next week in abuja. Any advice on what to do different? Anyone feels talking really fast and making enough points clear or talking calm or slowly make them believe you’re confident.

Any advice on dressing and looks too?

Everything just seems somehow right now, Make God help us.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please can you assist me on how to apply for the student loan?
illumined999333:
We are on the same boat. I actually cancelled schools I had already chosen cos they aren't on mpower/prodigy list of schools. Narrowed my search to approved schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Moshkom:

I actually can’t say yes or no. But he should try, it is USA not 9ja.

Tell him to use WESTERN UNION, after collecting it back. WESTERN UNION!!!

Thank you Mosh, Wagbayi ����

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please I need you guys to advice me on this. I just got a graduate assistantship in a school I applied to last year and I have an interview for another school in abuja next week which I was only offered a scholarship of 18k which was splitted into 9k each for the 2years. I’m confused on what to do.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SirAbdullah69: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=SirAbdullah69 post=109138671][/quote]its not a red flag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SirAbdullah69: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SirAbdullah69: 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
dodoyinsolar202:
its not a red flag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dzee1: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Good day All,
First time here.
I heard a rumor I need clarity on.
I have a tourtist B1/B2 visa that is barely 4months old, and now I want to apply for an F1 for school.
Someone mentioned that if they reject the F1 it's likely they will withdraw the Active B1/B2 I have.

Please is this possible? And why?
I have been advised not to apply for F1 for this reason.

Please I need you guys advice on this, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
dzee1:
Good day All,
First time here.
I heard a rumor I need clarity on.
I have a tourtist B1/B2 visa that is barely 4months old, and now I want to apply for an F1 for school.
Someone mentioned that if they reject the F1 it's likely they will withdraw the Active B1/B2 I have.

Please is this possible? And why?
I have been advised not to apply for F1 for this reason.

Please I need you guys advice on this, thanks.
Not true. It is not uncommon to have two types of visas stamped. It is better you apply from your home country rather than from the US. So long!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2022
US are really crazy o!!!! My cousin had his visa interview today at the US Embassy in Abuja and they denied him !!!! I think this transcript is very okay. The guy is feeling suicidal right now. Please guru’s in the house, please help me scrutinize this!!

* V.O: Pass me your passport and i20

* V.O: Where are you going to?
I am going to Texas A&M Kingsville University for my Masters in Electrical Engineering

* V.O: How did you hear about TAMUK
I have two family friends who currently study at Texas A&M Kingsville. They told me a whole lot about the University and the quality of education I stand to also benefit if I come.

* V.O: Which other school did you applied to and how many admitted you?
University of Texas at San Antonio, New York Institute of Technology and Texas A&M Tamuk

* V.O: Why Tamuk over UTSA, NYIT?
I pretty much enjoyed my interaction with Dr Armit Verma of the Department of Electrical Engineering in the Frank WIttcherweich School of Engineering. He provided me with prompt and precise responses to each of my request. We already built a good rapport. he was very excited on my admission to TAMUK as compared to the other Universities I applied to.

* V.O: Why Electrical Engineering?
Coming from my first degree on same course, I am now more passionate to acquire the requisite trainings to become a leading force in bringing about the lasting change in our power systems. Indeed there are numerous challenges with Power in Nigeria same as its opportinites and the vacuum here can only be filled by those who have the right knowledge.

* V.O: Why do you want to study in the USA?
Graduates of American Universities are always very well skilled. American Universities offer impeccable syllabus with a great blend of both practical and theoretical skills. Also, their degrees are highly regarded globally. They occupy juicy positions on their return to the country due to their acquired skill. Their degrees are well appreciated and recognized globally. Why do I need to consider anywhere else.

* V.O: Tell me about your study plan.
After my two years study stay in the US, I will deploy acquired skill into improving the power system of Nigeria by seeking for employment with the Ministry of Power specifically and becoming a contract lecturer with any of our top rated University in Nigeria. Instilling in them the right academic standard needed to be a better Engineer.

* V.O: What will this degree do for you?
This degree will arm me to be a better competitor among the league of well trained engineers who are willing to help build Nigeria. It will formally align me to global standards in terms of being a properly trained Electrical engineer.

*V.O: Tell me about your academic background
I finished from the University of Port harcourt in 2018 having graduated with a CGPA of 3.85. For my final year project, I worked on the comparison between Proportional Integral and Proportional Integral Differential for Liquid level control. I use Matlab for basic computational analysis. as this was deployed at Afam gas plant in Rivers State.

* V.O: What you been doing?
After my compulsory two one year NYSC, I have worked with a few Nigerian companies in the Engineering sphere, such as (abc) height in Port harcourt, and now (xyz) Electric. Currently with xyz Electric where I function as a Maintenace Engineer, I carry out maintenance checks on Electrical parts with the help of circuit software JIRA.

* V.O: who is paying for your studies?
My Dad.

* V.O: What does he do?
He provides Industrial gas to manufacturing companies in Lagos, Ibadan and Benin.

* V.O: Can I see his bank statement?
Oh Sure.

*V.O Goes through the statement for over 3 minutes cross checking every detail
V.O What is FBM as stated in the statement?
I said its one of the transactions that occurred. Actually a case where a client made payment. The statement actually has N34 Million.

*V.O Goes through the statement again while typing some crap.
*V.O I’m sorry you are ineligible to enter the US at the moment, while handling to me the blue paper. Please check through section 214b …………………
I was dumbfounded, I felt my world was crashing in on me. I left the facility disgusted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaMajeste(f): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
dfutbolar:

I will like to know if you still had to do a pre arrival Covid test from Nigeria.
Yes. You have to show it to them before boarding from Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2022
Baby girl, but yesterday you told us your interview is today.
MelaninGemstone:
US are really crazy o!!!! My cousin had his visa interview today at the US Embassy in Abuja and they denied him !!!! I think this transcript is very okay. The guy is feeling suicidal right now. Please guru’s in the house, please help me scrutinize this!!

I am going to Texas A&M Kingsville University for my Masters in Electrical Engineering

I have two family friends who currently study at Texas A&M Kingsville. They told me a whole lot about the University and the quality of education I stand to also benefit if I come.

University of Texas at San Antonio, New York Institute of Technology and Texas A&M Tamuk

I pretty much enjoyed my interaction with Dr Armit Verma of the Department of Electrical Engineering in the Frank WIttcherweich School of Engineering. He provided me with prompt and precise responses to each of my request. We already built a good rapport. he was very excited on my admission to TAMUK as compared to the other Universities I applied to.

Coming from my first degree on same course, I am now more passionate to acquire the requisite trainings to become a leading force in bringing about the lasting change in our power systems. Indeed there are numerous challenges with Power in Nigeria same as its opportinites and the vacuum here can only be filled by those who have the right knowledge.

Graduates of American Universities are always very well skilled. American Universities offer impeccable syllabus with a great blend of both practical and theoretical skills. Also, their degrees are highly regarded globally. They occupy juicy positions on their return to the country due to their acquired skill. Their degrees are well appreciated and recognized globally. Why do I need to consider anywhere else.

After my two years study stay in the US, I will deploy acquired skill into improving the power system of Nigeria by seeking for employment with the Ministry of Power specifically and becoming a contract lecturer with any of our top rated University in Nigeria. Instilling in them the right academic standard needed to be a better Engineer.

This degree will arm me to be a better competitor among the league of well trained engineers who are willing to help build Nigeria. It will formally align me to global standards in terms of being a properly trained Electrical engineer.

I finished from the University of Port harcourt in 2018 having graduated with a CGPA of 3.85. For my final year project, I worked on the comparison between Proportional Integral and Proportional Integral Differential for Liquid level control. I use Matlab for basic computational analysis. as this was deployed at Afam gas plant in Rivers State.

After my compulsory two one year NYSC, I have worked with a few Nigerian companies in the Engineering sphere, such as (abc) height in Port harcourt, and now (xyz) Electric. Currently with xyz Electric where I function as a Maintenace Engineer, I carry out maintenance checks on Electrical parts with the help of circuit software JIRA.

My Dad.

He provides Industrial gas to manufacturing companies in Lagos, Ibadan and Benin.

Oh Sure.

I said its one of the transactions that occurred. Actually a case where a client made payment. The statement actually has N34 Million.

*V.O I’m sorry you are ineligible to enter the US at the moment, while handling to me the blue paper. Please check through section 214b …………………
I was dumbfounded, I felt my world was crashing in on me. I left the facility disgusted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oluh:
Please I need you guys to advice me on this. I just got a graduate assistantship in a school I applied to last year and I have an interview for another school in abuja next week which I was only offered a scholarship of 18k which was splitted into 9k each for the 2years. I’m confused on what to do.
I'd go for GA over that scholarship. Check mail.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
illumined999333:
Baby girl, but yesterday you told us your interview is today.

Let her be.
At least she shared the transcript of her cuz.
You either learn from it or move on!!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pelpizy: 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Please how long does it take for embassy to reply you for emergency visa. I have applied for it since morning, no news from them yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oluh:
Please I need you guys to advise me on this. I just got a graduate assistantship in a school I applied to last year and I have an interview for another school in Abuja next week which I was only offered a scholarship of 18k which was splitted into 9k each for the 2years. I’m confused on what to do.

For me, I'd reschedule my appointment and update my DS-160. Summer/Fall no far again, and going for your interview with a GA gives you confidence and improves your chances. Reason am comrade. Cheers!!!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
pelpizy:
Please how long does it take for embassy to reply you for emergency visa. I have applied for it since morning, no news from them yet

It varies, a day to a few weeks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pelpizy: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
Themaths:

It varies, a day to a few weeks.
Chai, my school resume on the 18th. I pray they answer me on time o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
MelaninGemstone:

My Dad.

Oh Sure.

Sorry about the delay.

If I may ask, how much is the tuition?
Is it more than what the bank statement is?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
MelaninGemstone:

My Dad.

Oh Sure.

Sorry to hear this but some responses doesn't fit in with the question.
1. Why do you want to study in the US?
Apart from every other thing he said at the beginning which was indirectly downgrading the educational system of Nigeria, did the person actually said "Why would I want to study anywhere else??" That's absurd. So that's one.

2. What's your study plan?
More like, what courses would you be taking at your new school? How many credit units?etc His response to this would have fit into the next question perfectly.

3. Why TAMUK?
This question should have been answered better by stating what is distinct about the school compared to the rest. Why exactly did you apply to the school in the first place as regards your interest?

Best of luck

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
pelpizy:

A day or 2 or 3. It depends
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blueychic(f): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
Blueychic:
Good day everyone, my application was done in June 2021 and I stated that my resumption was for August 22nd 2021 in my ds-160. Unfortunately I couldn't get an appointment date. When I emailed my school, I was told to defer till spring resumption and was issued another i-20 which will work with my new interview date in January. Does this mean I need to fill another ds-160? Because date has really been an issue for me and I already filled the fall resumption date .
Thank you in advance.
please sir/ma I really need your help with this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tritribeiby: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=justwise post=97882256][/quote] thank you so much.

Please I'm planning to do my master's abroad (USA preferably), I graduated with 2.2 from OAU, Ile-Ife, with Doubles honours English and Education. But I want to study something related to health or social work for masters.
1) How do I go about it?
2) Will I get scholarship (s)
If yes, kindly suggest schools please.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dzee1: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2022
Thanks for your response.
Please how about applying from another country like next door Ghana or through Mexico when I visit the US?

bukhety:

Not true. It is not uncommon to have two types of visas stamped. It is better you apply from your home country rather than from the US. So long!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Owenuneed:
Pls why were you delayed at the POE for almost an hour?

I already explained that. Go through my posts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
What feeling is being attached to the explanation or does that explanation sound rude to you??
TheSociopath:

You don't have to be condescending in your response. Nobody will crucify you if you're polite and no one is forcing you to respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KayKayShanana: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
I am surprised they requested for your bank statements, very strange, they have stopped checking documents for a while now.

My feedback on your transcript- you missed the question on study plans, your response should have been the count of credit hours, count of courses and possibly compulsory/elective courses to take.
All the best.

MelaninGemstone:

My Dad.

Oh Sure.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.