Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645462 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fauna: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Vivianchisom93:
who has any information on this ?thank you

I posted this earlier
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Please has anyone scheduled for emergency appointment twice and was granted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jhidey08(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Malone122:
it’s not showing anything for me too that’s what I’ve been worried and complaining about over two weeks ago..
Yesterday I was lucky someone from their customer service picked and the white woman told me that it’s normal which I doubt that, she said because there was no available dates in Lagos on my page, and what might be one someone’s page would be different
She was just talking many many I just said okay
Even after I told her I created a new CGI profile and was seeing January 11 2022 she was saying profiles are different
And I shouldn’t create an new profile if I already have one and have made use of it before
This people just want to stress Someone
Have you tried Abuja?
Cos I got June 8th, 2021 date in Abuja exactly 10 days ago at my first try.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
I got a response via email from a school rep on Monday but yet to get the i20.
You should get the admission decision within few days of submitting your transcripts and all other docs.
customised87:

Hello, have you eventually gotten a response from this school?
Please, how long did it take to get admission decision after you finished your application process?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
jhidey08:

Have you tried Abuja?
Cos I got June 8th, 2021 date in Abuja exactly 10 days ago at my first try.
I am based in Lagos that’s why I’m rooting for Lagos
Yeah I can see dates in Abuja but not Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gid4ok(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hi everyone.
please how much is SEVIS fee now .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lagos is now showing Jan 4th again after showing Jan 11. Something is wrong with that site or they're deliberately doing it
Malone122:
I am based in Lagos that’s why I’m rooting for Lagos
Yeah I can see dates in Abuja but not Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
urchdiya:
Lagos is now showing Jan 4th again after showing Jan 11. Something is wrong with that site or they're deliberately doing it
the way you see Jan 4th on my page I can’t see anything at all
Not even showing me any available dates this people are not okay it’s just so annoying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fauna: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hello great people,

Does anyone know if embassies are still collecting soft copy or electronic I-20 for summer or fall semester 2021. Please be precise. Urgent answer please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fauna:
Hello great people,

Does anyone know if embassies are still collecting soft copy or electronic I-20 for summer or fall semester 2021. Please be precise. Urgent answer please
yes they are
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Those that want to schedule appointment Abuja has next available appointment is April 14th. Quickly utilize this opportunity
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
This depends on the department. to me very safe
Kubrattt:
Hello everyone, good morning. Thank y'all for your contributions and assistance on this forum.
I would love to know if schools with 60% acceptance rate are safe for admission?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ztemitope: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hi guys. I joined this thread recently and I've read a lot of people's transcripts so I made my proposed transcript.

Please, your opinions will be of great use to me

P.S: my interview is next week

Me: good morning
VO: good morning

VO: Pass your i20 and passport
Me: *hands it over*

VO: why do you want to go to the US
Me: I want to go to Cleveland State University to study and acquire my bachelor's degree in health care management

VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: two schools

VO: and how many gave you admission?
Me: both

VO: Name them
Me: Cleveland State University and Texas State University

VO: how did you get to know about CSU?
Me: After i heard about the school in an educational fairs i conducted my personal research on it and i learnt that it's a school that offers great quality of education and great diversity and it's also a universities whose requirements matched my profile.

VO: Why Health Care Management
Me: Health Care Management focus on developing business skills for health related professional, Having an understanding of business principles, the unique challenges facing health care today as well as how management and medicine can provide a competitive edges when seeking career in health care

VO: why do you want to study in the United States
Me: when it's comes to new research United States is leader,also a degree in the us is well respected and high ranked

VO: what will this degree do for you
Me: it's will help me to have better understanding in how an organization function properly and how to bring out the best in member of an organization as a health care manager i can oversee a special department or team in a department

VO: why did you decide to pick Cleveland State University
Me: Asides that i was given a partial scholarship, Cleveland State University is a public research University that will support and encourage my research

VO: what types of research
Me: Rehabilitation of brain injury

VO: Any standardized exam
Me: Yes, SAT (1150)

VO: what are your study plans
Me: 5 core courses for 15 credit hours which are principle of Management, organizational behavior, American health care system, Management of health care organization

VO: when did you finish your high school
Me: 2017

VO: What have been doing since then
Me: After my secondary school i wrote jamb in 2019, I am currently in year 1 in Fedpoly ede studying science lab tech

VO: What are your plan after study
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to use the knowledge and experience i acquire from my study in Cleveland State University to advance my health related career and also use it to work in an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Federal ministry of health in Nigeria

VO: I see you have a partial scholarship, who will be shouldering the remaining responsibilities
Me: my mom

VO: what does she do
Me: She has a supermarket in which she sells foodstuffs in bulk

VO: Pass me an evidence
Me: *hands it over*

Constructive criticism is allowed, please
Any other possible questions that could be asked too, will be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choicexx(m): 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
gid4ok:
Hi everyone. please how much is SEVIS fee now .
A whooping $350 grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choicexx(m): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Chai! this Amelica studies nobi small o

SEVIS $350.00
VISA FEE $160.00
WES evaluation (if applicable) $160
GMAT/GRE $250/205
Application fees (say three schools) $150
FedX/ DHL $100
Plane ticket $1100 approx.
Totaling about $2270

Hmm open to correction of the figures or if I omitted any cost too grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dayviheed91(m): 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
Any Tennessee Tech university undergraduate in the house pls?

PLS!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
I was denied visa in Thursday last week and I want to reapply, can I create a new visa application profile or I should use the old one?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
Please which would you guys advise that I write, SAT or GRE for master's degree. @walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
theForth:
Please which would you guys advise that I write, SAT or GRE for master's degree. @walspring

Write GRE

SAT is for admission into undergraduate/ bachelors
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
Diamondjuli:
I was denied visa in Thursday last week and I want to reapply, can I create a new visa application profile or I should use the old one?

Can you share your transcript?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
theForth:

GRE is for master’s degree while SAT is for bachelor’s degree.

TOEFL is for bother master’s degree and bachelor’s degree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
I have my ds-160 form filled for Lagos at the place i’d like to do the interview. Since lagos dates are taking forever, can I book appointment for Abuja even when my ds-160 is Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
excellentwork:

Pls sir I have send transcript kindly help me to review it.

I will do that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
urchdiya:
I have my ds-160 form filled for Lagos at the place i’d like to do the interview. Since lagos dates are taking forever, can I book appointment for Abuja even when my ds-160 is Lagos?

Both ds160 form filled and place of interview appointment must be in one location. Although they might have modified it now to be in different location but dunno

But if you haven’t submit your ds160 you can change location before submitting it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
VO: good morning, how are you?

After the thumbprint

VO: have you been to the US before?
Me: no I haven’t

VO: which other countries have you been to?
Me: I told him

VO: what year?
I told him

VO: Where did you stay
I told him

VO: What’s your qualifications?
I told him

VO: how will you pay for your tuition?
Me: my sponsor is paying

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle

VO: what does he do?
Me: he works with (and i stuttered) before telling him

VO: sorry we cannot grant you visa at this time... he handed me the green slip.

I was tensed and was talking fast that was why I stuttered. I hope to reapply again on Monday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
urchdiya:

Yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Pls I need the GRE materials

okorochukwunonso@gmail.com

Thank you!
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 10:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Diamondjuli:
VO: good morning, how are you?

After the thumbprint

VO: have you been to the US before?
Me: no I haven’t

VO: which other countries have you been to?
Me: I told him

VO: what year?
I told him

VO: Where did you stay
I told him

VO: What’s your qualifications?
I told him

VO: how will you pay for your tuition?
Me: my sponsor is paying

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle

VO: what does he do?
Me: he works with (and i stuttered) before telling him

VO: sorry we cannot grant you visa at this time... he handed me the green slip.

I was tensed and was talking fast that was why I stuttered. I hope to reapply again on Monday.

Perhaps what you filled in your DS-160 does not correspond with what you said.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
Denuga91:

Perhaps what you filled in your DS-160 does not correspond with what you said.

It does. It was because I stuttered
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kubrattt(f): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2021
Thank you very much smiley
UZAD:
This depends on the department. to me very safe
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
Wow....This is encouraging.....Thanks!
EffectEn:
Its not everyone that gets funding for a master's program, if your sponsor can cover the tuition then be grateful. Some schools can offer you student employment- not assistantship. From my findings you can pay for your full living expenses on this jobs.

And be positive, do your best to be outstanding in your first semester, and you might just get a good funding offer. Don't be pressured. Keep pushing

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
Diamondjuli:
no you can’t create a new one

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Emmanuel555(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.