Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643922 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
Bond4141:

Make you guys no air me na

Who is sponsoring you,company abi your mom??

Use the person's statement.My 2cents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by arizona20: 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hi good day all.please I am new here.please I need information on USA schools where I can run my MSc programme in Construction Management. I read civil engineering and have over 10years working experience in Construction industry. I need help in suggesting schools that can give me atleast 70% funding or even full funding . Also are there schools that would waive GRE and still grant me some funding. Thank you.please help a brother ...please I need links please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temiloluwasam(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
chizara85:

Masters in Counseling

Please which of the vo interviewed you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nlightind: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
collykay:

Send an email for the SOP

Thanks...
Sent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ademeecee(f): 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
Greetings!

My sponsor has already transferred my COA into my bank account, and an affidavit of financial support has been supplied.

Is it still essential for me to produce a bank statement from my sponsor? as I have complete control over the finances.

I'm worried because having the money in her account appears to be a red flag to me because the COA would be exactly what's in her account, and folks have always advised that the sponsor's account should have roughly 3X the COA.

Please Help

UmmZayd TWoods texrem Fairheart Sharwama Dreambound Brown2Green Predstan Naira0 NigPatriot Zeelady Etherealbeing Johnolukolade Walspring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Clinton207: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2022
good day guys, a quick one pls.

I kindly need to knw, is it possible to get an F1 visa to do a program i licensed practical nursing in any part of the united states. pls anybody with detailed info pls.

thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 12:57am On Jan 23, 2022
Good morning guys,

Please are there scholarships for Masters in Public Health in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 1:12am On Jan 23, 2022
DeevaB:
Please I need your advice.

I have an offer from Northeastern (MBA), the cost is $85k and received $10,000 funding, deposit fee is due late February.
I have another offer from Virginia Tech (MBA), cost is $50K and the grad coord told me GA positions which cover 50% of tuition with stipends are available and the selection list will be out July, this is also when school resumes. Decided to go with VTech

I want to start my visa application now with a personal fund of $15k and I use mpower loan for the balance, or wait till July for the GA positions list then start the visa application, I heard funding/GA helps with the visa interview.

PS, I don't have any rich uncle or aunty I can get a SOA from.

Please advice. Thank you...

My advice isn't from an experience perspective but from personal research and pro advices on this platform and others.

First, I think Northeastern University is a better school for MBA. I understand your decision is based on cost which is valid.
But since you are taking the Mpower loan route, I am sure they fund Northeastern MBA also, why not get a better education with high employment prospect.

Let me tell you about a few iceing on cake about Northeastern.
1) you can also get a GA position at Northeastern when you resume. (Although just like every school it's highly competitive and not guaranteed) However, there are a lot more opportunities on campus to make money for graduate students.
2) You could make about 70-80% of your total cost of education while studying through their one-of-kind corporate residency program. You could extend your co-op to up to 12months if you want to make more money.
3) Northeastern has a huge following and partnership with top recruiting companies.
4) Be rest assure you will land a good job with an MBA at Northeastern University of course with hard work.

Secondly, your second offer at Virginia looks good but July is a long wait bro. If I were you, I would tidy up my loan application and start my visa application. No time bro!.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:24am On Jan 23, 2022
arizona20:
Hi good day all.please I am new here.please I need information on USA schools where I can run my MSc programme in Construction Management. I read civil engineering and have over 10years working experience in Construction industry. I need help in suggesting schools that can give me atleast 70% funding or even full funding . Also are there schools that would waive GRE and still grant me some funding. Thank you.please help a brother ...please I need links please

You can check UIUC. Their funding is good but you need GRE.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 1:25am On Jan 23, 2022
ademeecee:
Greetings!

My sponsor has already transferred my COA into my bank account, and an affidavit of financial support has been supplied.

Is it still essential for me to produce a bank statement from my sponsor? as I have complete control over the finances.

I'm worried because having the money in her account appears to be a red flag to me because the COA would be exactly what's in her account, and folks have always advised that the sponsor's account should have roughly 3X the COA.

Please Help

UmmZayd TWoods texrem Fairheart Sharwama Dreambound Brown2Green Predstan Naira0 NigPatriot Zeelady Etherealbeing Johnolukolade Walspring

First, is it indicated that you would be 'self sponsord' on your I-20? If yes, then you are good to go. Because you need to be consistent.

However, you don't need to have the fund in your account if you arent sponsoring yourself. Anyone can sponsor your education provided you have a good relationship and necessary backing from whoever it is.

Secondly, the 3x COA account statement isn't a compulsory requirement although it is nice to have. I have seen people get their visa approved with exact COA on their statement of account.
But if you have 3x of your COA to present why not? Go get your Visa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:29am On Jan 23, 2022
Bond4141:
Please help a brother. Can someone use a company bank statement and use a person’s name, say mom, as a sponsor. Mom bank statement isn’t enough to finance the whole stuff.

If yes, how do I package it together with what to tell the VO

You can't use a company's SOA. A personal SOA is better.

Best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 4:42am On Jan 23, 2022
Abacino007:
Visa approved yesterday at the Abuja Embassy

My 9th attempts.

THE SIEGE IS OVER..

Transcripts coming soon..
Congratulations!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 6:11am On Jan 23, 2022
UmmZayd:

You can't use a company's SOA. A personal SOA is better.

Best of luck
This is wrong. You can use a company's statement of account. I know so many persons that have used it

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:41am On Jan 23, 2022
Canada2021:
This is wrong. You can use a company's statement of account. I know so many persons that have used it

Okay that's fine then since you have those that used it to get their visa. As long as you can state clearly why the company will sponsor your program.

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Banks92(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2022
DeevaB:

done
Thank you

Hi I sent you a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukchukwudi14: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2022
Please my school is due to resume on the 31st of January, 2022 and I was given a visa appointment for July 29th, 2022. I applied for emergency visa appointment date twice from my portal and it was denied. Please what can I do to be able to get a date before 31st of January.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2022
fairheart:

I have sent the study materials to email addresses in my mention.
All the best!
Oga Fairheart:
Please I need GRE Study materials too. I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me via my email: Futuragetty@gmail.com

Dalụ
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukchukwudi14: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2022
Oga Fairheart:

Please my school is due to resume on the 31st of January, 2022 and I was given a visa appointment for July 29th, 2022. I applied for emergency visa appointment date twice from my portal and it was denied. Please what can I do to be able to get a date before 31st of January.

Here's my email: manueldelflexy@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gambros: 10:25am On Jan 23, 2022
Greeting to everyone.

Please I would like to know if I can be granted admission for business/data analytics in US despite studying Chemical Engr as undergraduate and I have been working in a bank for 9 years. I have also done my MBA in finance and investment. However, I really want to develop my career in analytics.

Please help advise also Schools that can give me admission and funding. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ednut91(m): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
[quote author=fairheart post=109575418]

All the best!Hello Sir, please I would love to have the GRE materials... My email is ednut1991@gmail.com. Thanks]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2022
Gambros:
Greeting to everyone.

Please I would like to know if I can be granted admission for business/data analytics in US despite studying Chemical Engr as undergraduate and I have been working in a bank for 9 years. I have also done my MBA in finance and investment. However, I really want to develop my career in analytics.

Please help advise also Schools that can give me admission and funding. Thank you.

Firstly, You can get admitted into any course from any University if you meet the requirements. Regardless of your undergrad degree.

Secondly, most schools give admission with some form of merit based scholarship. Depending on the school or your application strength the funding could be either insignificant or significant.

Hence, You can get much more funding or fully funded if you submit a stronger or more competitive application by submitting a good GRE result.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 11:30am On Jan 23, 2022
Chukchukwudi14:

Where did you apply to for this EA?

If Lagos, try Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gambros: 11:32am On Jan 23, 2022
Thank you so much for responding.

Please my people, kindly assist me with materials for GRE or how do I go about it.

Thank you

Osidowu:

Firstly, You can get admitted into any course from any University if you meet the requirements. Regardless of your undergrad degree.

Secondly, most schools give admission with some form of merit based scholarship. Depending on the school or your application strength the funding could be either insignificant or significant.

Hence, You can get much more funding or fully funded if you submit a stronger or more competitive application by submitting a good GRE result.
Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excelBBM: 11:38am On Jan 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I need advice, my school will resume August 16,2022 and have been trying to book for an interview since dec, 2021, all date have been book to 2023 and only available space is in Abuja which is August 21.. what can I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xquisitegift(f): 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Gbaysamm:

As undergraduate?

As a graduate student.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good afternoon dear.I applied to Northeastern for an MBA as well and have my interview coming up this week.Please I would like to ask you some questions , here is my mail.

kejuempower@gmail.com

Thanks.

DeevaB:
Please I need your advice.

I have an offer from Northeastern (MBA), the cost is $85k and received $10,000 funding, deposit fee is due late February.
I have another offer from Virginia Tech (MBA), cost is $50K and the grad coord told me GA positions which cover 50% of tuition with stipends are available and the selection list will be out July, this is also when school resumes. Decided to go with VTech

I want to start my visa application now with a personal fund of $15k and I use mpower loan for the balance, or wait till July for the GA positions list then start the visa application, I heard funding/GA helps with the visa interview.

PS, I don't have any rich uncle or aunty I can get a SOA from.

Please advice. Thank you...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Gambros:
Thank you so much for responding.

Please my people, kindly assist me with materials for GRE or how do I go about it.

Thank you

You are most welcome.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TabletMan: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
fairheart:

All the best!
Please I will need the GRE study material....
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tulacious123:
Good afternoon dear.I applied to Northeastern for an MBA as well and have my interview coming up this week.Please I would like to ask you some questions , here is my mail.

kejuempower@gmail.com

Thanks.

Don't fright, the interview is pre-recorded. It is just to meet you in person and assess how well you can communicate and think on your feet.

You will be given a few seconds to think before responding to each question. ( of course not ample time to think thou).
You could be asked the following questions relating to how you heard about Northeastern, specific questions about the MBA program course module just to know how well you have done your research.

Also, prepare for questions around your Leadership role experience, working in a team, and communication skills such as essay writing as these are core requirements for the program.
Best of Luck!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ademeecee(f): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Osidowu:

First, is it indicated that you would be 'self sponsord' on your I-20? If yes, then you are good to go. Because you need to be consistent.

However, you don't need to have the fund in your account if you arent sponsoring yourself. Anyone can sponsor your education provided you have a good relationship and necessary backing from whoever it is.

Secondly, the 3x COA account statement isn't a compulsory requirement although it is nice to have. I have seen people get their visa approved with exact COA on their statement of account.
But if you have 3x of your COA to present why not? Go get your Visa!

Thank You. My i-20 shows that I have Personal Funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olabisi6438(f): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hello guys. Happy Sunday.

Just want to start preparing for US study Visa what do I need to know??

Plus I haven't been understanding the abbreviations on this thread
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnsan6237: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
fairheart:

All the best!

Kindly help with the study material too... john62337@gmail.com. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.