Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645539 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
bukhety:

Guy have u gone for your interview? You never share your transcript oh! Or did I miss it?

Shared those now.

Was compiling coupled with a couple of delays.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:
Three(3) things:

1. VISA approval.
2. Bad decisions.
3. Approaches.

First attempt
Visa Approved
COA: $59k

V.O: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No

V.O: You’re going for your Master’s in computer science.
Me: Yes

V.O: Why Computer Science?
Me: It’s my childhood dream, studied it through my undergraduate and I currently do have a six(6) years experience as a senior software engineer.

V.O: How would you be paying for your tuition?
Me: Got some 25% discount off the tuition, would personally offset the living expenses, a sponsor would cover the remaining tuition

V.O: What does your sponsor do?
(Sadly, would not be stating this for some personal reasons, please bear with me)

V.O: What’re you coming back to Nigeria for?
Me: Head of Engineering

V.O: How many staff does your company have?
Me: 50

V.O: You’re already a senior engineer, what’re you coming back for again?
Me: Head of engineering

V.O: Congratulations, I’m approving your visa and would be keeping your passport. Have this white paper for more information on how to pick up your passport in three(3) working days.
Me: Thank you, appreciate it.
Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
This was so soothing.

Thank you so much

sbot:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haduwa(f): 7:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hello All, I have a question, I was told an undergraduate can gain admission and go for a visa interview without sitting for SAT/ACT.

I am sure that’s not possible but need to hear some other view of this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
haduwa:
Hello All, I have a question, I was told an undergraduate can gain admission and go for a visa interview without sitting for SAT/ACT.

Yes, it's possible but US schools are really expensive so unless that Undergraduate is not interested in scholarships, then by all means go ahead. Even so, its always better to write the SAT/ACT to show your commitment to the V.O else you might just make the interview process unnecessarily harder.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:
Three(3) things:

1. VISA approval.
2. Bad decisions.
3. Approaches.

First attempt
Visa Approved
COA: $59k

V.O: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No

V.O: You’re going for your Master’s in computer science.
Me: Yes

V.O: Why Computer Science?
Me: It’s my childhood dream, studied it through my undergraduate and I currently do have a six(6) years experience as a senior software engineer.

V.O: How would you be paying for your tuition?
Me: Got some 25% discount off the tuition, would personally offset the living expenses, a sponsor would cover the remaining tuition

V.O: What does your sponsor do?
(Sadly, would not be stating this for some personal reasons, please bear with me)

V.O: What’re you coming back to Nigeria for?
Me: Head of Engineering

V.O: How many staff does your company have?
Me: 50

V.O: You’re already a senior engineer, what’re you coming back for again?
Me: Head of engineering

V.O: Congratulations, I’m approving your visa and would be keeping your passport. Have this white paper for more information on how to pick up your passport in three(3) working days.
Me: Thank you, appreciate it.

Congratulations bro, who interviewed you, was it the bald and Hugh guy in his 40s or the slim young bald guy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Just needed geoscience related courses and school that gives scholarships.
Any assistance would be appreciated
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
haduwa:

It is possible. Actually went as an undergraduate. However, to make your interview and education in the US a smooth one, write the SAT/ACT and have a full scholarship cut off. There is no low score but having a really high score of at least 1100 in SAT, can get you full scholarship including room and board in some Schools. A score of 1300+ can get you a full fund + flight ticket in some and so on. So the level of scholarship you will receive will depend on how high your score is.

Another thing is, one can also have a full scholarship and not get the visa. One has to demonstrate that competency even to the Visa stage. Anything is possible. As long as graduate student with assistantship can get a refusal, an undergraduate student with full fund can also get a denial.

Best of luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gbaysamm(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
UmmZayd:

It is possible. Actually went as an undergraduate. However, to make your interview and education in the US a smooth one, write the SAT/ACT and have a full scholarship cut off. There is no low score but having a really high score of at least 1100 in SAT, can get you full scholarship including room and board in some Schools. A score of 1300+ can get you a full fund + flight ticket in some and so on. So the level of scholarship you will receive will depend on how high your score is.

Another thing is, one can also have a full scholarship and not get the visa. One has to demonstrate that competency even to the Visa stage. Anything is possible. As long as graduate student with assistantship can get a refusal, an undergraduate student with full fund can also get a denial.

Best of luck

Hmmm... I got 1310 in the SAT and an high school GPA of 3.62/4, please can you help with the list of colleges that will provide full funding

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
Gbaysamm:

Hmmm... I got 1310 in the SAT and an high school GPA of 3.62/4, please can you help with the list of colleges that will provide full funding

You have such a high score in your SAT. I don't have list of schools but you can check Coppin State University, their Merit SAT score is 1184
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gbaysamm(m): 10:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
UmmZayd:

You have such a high score in your SAT. I don't have list of schools but you can check Coppin State University, their Merit SAT score is 1184

Thank you cool
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gbaysamm(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2022
UmmZayd:

Are you currently enrolled in a college?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
learner007:

I hope you are not mistaking Northeastern for Northwestern [Kellogg Business School]? Though NE still has it better than VT.

Not at all. I am talking about Northeastern University.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Keren12: 11:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please who has gotten admission or is applying to Texas state University. Should please put me through on how to go about the admission process. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 12:06am On Jan 25, 2022
Who has a link to change naira to dollar at rate around 560-570... And who is probably flying on the 27th make we connect

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ezichi123: 1:39am On Jan 25, 2022
Moshkom:

Try YouTube. If you didn’t get Germany own, you can use that of another European country as case study. Like, I once has a person that did hers in Ukraine, she lemme know how her and the interview there do last for more mins unlike the just 2-5mins here in 9ja. Just try do more search and work with that. It’s even more good you’ve idea about how ours is here, so more and adequate preparation for you.

Like I said then, elaborate more on HOW THE USA OFFER is MORE BETTER THAN GERMANY own, you can even add language ‘barrier’ to let your points sell more to them, if you’re funded, include it, “Aside the fact that I am fully funded, . . .”
But be more of your career goals and how USA degree is well recognize and accepted here (9ja) by major employe(es/ers)
Luck!

That's was so detailed. Thanks so much for your time. I really appreciate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 4:53am On Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please, who has a compiled trascripts for F2 visa interviews?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sorsor(m): 5:02am On Jan 25, 2022
[quote author=sbot post=109658139][quote]

Please as regards my DS-160 form, the company i work with is my sponsor, so under the segment "who is the person/entity paying for your trip?
should i choose "PRESENT EMPLOYER OR OTHER COMPANY/ORGANIZATION?'

Am a bit confuse here please help a bro...thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haduwa(f): 5:16am On Jan 25, 2022
[quote author=UmmZayd post=109664043]

Thank you for this detailed explanation.. I am so grateful

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haduwa(f): 5:17am On Jan 25, 2022
EncephalonPikin:

Yes, it's possible but US schools are really expensive so unless that Undergraduate is not interested in scholarships, then by all means go ahead. Even so, its always better to write the SAT/ACT to show your commitment to the V.O else you might just make the interview process unnecessarily harder.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 8:06am On Jan 25, 2022
Hello Guys,

I'm supposed to resume school by August 23rd 2022 and the closest appointment date I got was 7th September 2022 in Abuja. What do you advise I do?

Should I wait till the end of June to apply for EA or do it now?

I'd really appreciate your responses.

Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:15am On Jan 25, 2022
Hisexcellency20:
Hello everyone,

Questions like......
Why are going to the US?-----to visit should not be part of the answer because the VO can respond with "why don't you apply for a B1/B2 visa if you want to just visit"

How long have you been married?
What are you doing now?
What program is spouse studying?
When spouse will be done?
How long spouse has been in the US? Etc

https://www.immihelp.com/student-visa-f1-f2-m1-m2-experiences/#

The main thing is, the principal applicant should be on good standing presently in the US.
Supporting documents should be taken along. Transcript of principal applicant,bank statement, I-20 etc just in case

Best of luck

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2022
Hisexcellency20:
Hello everyone,

So I found it, go to part 15, section 659 you will see His Eminence transcript. That's the longest I've seen so far.

Best of luck

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 8:59am On Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone, please I need the direct link to the page for information on Masters studies in the US especially with options of scholarship. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:36am On Jan 25, 2022
shekhaz:
Hello everyone, please I need the direct link to the page for information on Masters studies in the US especially with options of scholarship. Thanks in advance
You will need to read through the thread.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2022
[quote author=sorsor post=109668975][/quote]

OTHER COMPANY. . .

Also check the attachment below.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 10:58am On Jan 25, 2022
UmmZayd:

Questions like......
Why are going to the US?-----to visit should not be part of the answer because the VO can respond with "why don't you apply for a B1/B2 visa if you want to just visit"

How long have you been married?
What are you doing now?
What program is spouse studying?
When spouse will be done?
How long spouse has been in the US? Etc

https://www.immihelp.com/student-visa-f1-f2-m1-m2-experiences/#

The main thing is, the principal applicant should be on good standing presently in the US.
Supporting documents should be taken along. Transcript of principal applicant,bank statement, I-20 etc just in case

Best of luck

Ok. Thank you very much for this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2022
Moshkom:

OTHER COMPANY. . .

Can you please, attach the document again. It's damaged and can't be opened.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2022
UmmZayd:

So I found it, go to part 15, section 659 you will see His Eminence transcript. That's the longest I've seen so far.

Best of luck

Thank you bro!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2022
Good morning beautiful people
I'll be flying to USA tomorrow, please what are the list of documents that will be checked at the airport in Nigeria before I boar the flight. An please what is PTA and public travel locator?
Your responses will be much appreciated. THank you

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sorsor(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
Moshkom:

OTHER COMPANY. . .

the attachment is not opening
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solz1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hey Nairalanders,

Any student in Morgan State University, Baltimore in the house? I am looking for accommodation and will appreciate anyone that can point me in the right direction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: rebeccaaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.