Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645638 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pufframmy: 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
PTA s Personal Travel Allowance

Nanthediverse:
Good morning beautiful people
I'll be flying to USA tomorrow, please what are the list of documents that will be checked at the airport in Nigeria before I boar the flight. An please what is PTA and public travel locator?
Your responses will be much appreciated. THank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
solz1:
Hey Nairalanders,

Any student in Morgan State University, Baltimore in the house? I am looking for accommodation and will appreciate anyone that can point me in the right direction.

https://msu.och101.com/
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
sorsor:

the attachment is not opening

Send me and DM, lemme send via WhatsApp or so
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muchmore024: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
AnaCheks:
Good day good people. Please how do I write for application fee waiver. Can someone put me through please?
dm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AnaCheks(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Muchmore024:
dm
Done, I sent you a mail. Thanks so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
When exactly did you pay for VIsa fee?

djkolz:
Hello Guys,

I'm supposed to resume school by August 23rd 2022 and the closest appointment date I got was 7th September 2022 in Abuja. What do you advise I do?

Should I wait till the end of June to apply for EA or do it now?

I'd really appreciate your responses.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
Please any Towson University Student here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Last Week Monday.

dydx2020:
When exactly did you pay for VIsa fee?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sombaby11: 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone please I need honest advice please, I was denied 2 times for my US interview that was 2019 and 2020 but I got married 2021 and I want to apply with my husband, is it advisable we apply together?
I need your suggestions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sombaby11:
Hello everyone please I need honest advice please, I was denied 2 times for my US interview that was 2019 and 2020 but I got married 2021 and I want to apply with my husband, is it advisable we apply together?
I need your suggestions

Firstly, congratulations on your new phase.

Now, what was the reason for your denials?
What’s change/d from then or what would change in your next application?

Answer those honestly first to yourself. Then with that you’d know if you’re good to go again before even thinking of going with hubby.

The best best is to go after one and other, maybe at least months different (best bet not only bet), just to have HOME TIES in your home country. Like, you the. O would easily think, “You don come back again after 2x wey we no give you and now you come with your family all of una wan Japa at once, be calming down na” Lol.

My 2cents!

Luck!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
djkolz:
Hello Guys,

I'm supposed to resume school by August 23rd 2022 and the closest appointment date I got was 7th September 2022 in Abuja. What do you advise I do?

Should I wait till the end of June to apply for EA or do it now?

I'd really appreciate your responses.

Thank you.

You have to keep checking, there still time between now and your resumption. Don’t even think of EA yet. KEEP CHECKING; KEEP CHECKING!!

Don’t also relax that time still oh; KEEP CHECKING!

Goodluck!
Goodluck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Babnxst93:
I have admission at the moment please is possible to pay for visa fee even without paying for sevis fee yet because I’m yet to request for my I-20 due to funding decision

Yeah, you can put 67,200 now and be seeing and dates. Just act in and on time with other steps too, to meet up the possible earlier day you are likely to pick.

Set up your CGI portal and pay.

Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by learner007(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tst123: 4:21am On Jan 26, 2022
Good morning ! How can i apply for a scholarship on research PhD..and I also learnt that one can use ordinary degree certificate to apply..please I need more info on it..thanks and God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 5:01am On Jan 26, 2022
Good day everyone..
I am presently studying a masters degree in China and I am hoping to go for my PhD in the US.
Though I have applied but have not gotten any admissions.

I want to seek your opinion about some things. I have a wife and a son in Nigeria, which I hope to travel back to Nigeria and apply for visa with them.

But, I don't know if that make any sense or is it possible to process the US visa from China?

I am still in a dilemma situation because I don't know if it make any sense to go from here or I should go and process from Nigeria.

Does it also make any sense to go with my family or I should go alone?

If I get a funding that covers tuition and living expenses, do I need to present any other statement if account at the embassy for visa processing?

Please someone should orientate me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Youngman50: 6:26am On Jan 26, 2022
I have my visa interview tomorrow but I have done only the first COVID 19 vaccination ( I haven't done the second one).

Please, will I be interviewed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 6:57am On Jan 26, 2022
Good day people. Please I have an urgent question about the NIN portion of DS-I60 form.

Must the NIN be provided ? Is there any issue if I click on "does not apply" when I have the NIN?

The problem is my name arrangement on me NIN card is wrong. First name was used as middle name and middle name was used as first name. So the name arrangement is slightly different from what I have on my Passport. Hence, I don't give them any reason to deny my Visa.

Is it Okay to skip the NIN part?

Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 6:58am On Jan 26, 2022
Youngman50:
I have my visa interview tomorrow but I have done only the first COVID 19 vaccination ( I haven't done the second one).

You don’t need no vaccination card to be interviewed.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 7:25am On Jan 26, 2022
Youngman50:

You will be interviewed even without any vaccination.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 9:34am On Jan 26, 2022
learner007:
MY 3 CENTS

It's tax season once again, and I recommend that international students filing their taxes for the first time avoid using Turbo Tax [because it is free]. Only F1 holders who have passed the substantial presence test in the US are allowed to utilize it. On this, I am open to correction. Happy filing!

Please, I need further information on this. I emailed you. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:48am On Jan 26, 2022
sudo1986:
Good day everyone..
I am presently studying a masters degree in China and I am hoping to go for my PhD in the US.
Though I have applied but have not gotten any admissions.

I want to seek your opinion about some things. I have a wife and a son in Nigeria, which I hope to travel back to Nigeria and apply for visa with them.

But, I don't know if that make any sense or is it possible to process the US visa from China?

I am still in a dilemma situation because I don't know if it make any sense to go from here or I should go and process from Nigeria.

Does it also make any sense to go with my family or I should go alone?

If I get funding that covers tuition and living expenses, do I need to present any other statement if account at the embassy for visa processing?

Please someone should orientate me.
My opinion!

It is better to come back home and apply with your family.

If you have full funding, no need for bank statement.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ireneayeni: 10:42am On Jan 26, 2022
[quote author=justwise post=97882256][/quote]
Hello All,
Please i am applying for admission in a US School, however I have an MBA and Bachelor's. I need a wes evalustion but I can only get my MBA evaluated by WES for now. I am unable to access my institution where I did my bachelor'd degree. Is it adviceable to just do an evaluation for my MBA alone and send to the school or I have to do it for both. I am applying for a summer term and it is not looking like my institution( for bachelor's) will attend to my request anytime soon. Kindly advice on this issue. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eagshay94(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2022
UNC chapel hill has released admission decisions but no fundings yet

Tiwasplug:

Hi
Have you gotten admission or any feedback from these schools?
I also applied to the Georgia and UNC chapel Hill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hephzibahjay: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
eiyikej@gmail.com
kindly assist send me the GRE materials.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pinky247: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Good day everyone..please i am very new here.
I need guidance and counsel on this issues pls
Am 34 yrs ,i want to apply for usa study visa to a community college for associates of nursing..am choosing this program cos of the time duration which is just 2 years ..
My problem now is ..will this look good to a VO or do i apply to universities instead and for the nursing program am quite confused on how to convince a VO why i cant do nursing in Nigeria, and what will i do it nursing after i graduate....To me i just feel with nursing they might think i just want to relocate.
Am also thinking of studying speech and language therapy if nursing doesn't flow well..
pls i need good counsel i dont mind paying for it pls ....
Am married....last school rest is waec ...did microbiology for almost 4 yrs but dropped out....
Pls help ..thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
I'm sorry I'm posting my transcript late but better late than never.
God alone showed me mercy and made this possible.
I want to thank everyone that has ever posted their transcript,  it's helped me in so many ways.

Interview
Location - Abuja
Date - 14th Jan 2022
Vo - Windows 8... not sure jare, tension of all the denial I saw no let me see road... it's the white bald guy sha.
Funding - 6,000
Deficit - 24,100

Me - Hi, Good morning..... with a smile to get myself a bit relaxed.

Vo - Good morning, please pass me your documents.......

Vo - Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria
Me - No, I haven't

Vo - what do you currently do?
Me - I work at ******* bank in the department of *********

Vo - I can see you are going for your masters in bioengineering, so why this course
Me - Upon my return to Nigeria,  I want to work as a research scientist at the renowned Nigeria Institute of Medical research and i have done some enquiries and realized that I need a masters in bioengineering or any related field to enable me get into that position.

Vo - Are you married?
Me - No, I'm in a relationship (tension made me say that....lol)

Vo - I can see you have some funding from the physics department.
Me - Yeah... it's a Teaching assistantship funding and i will be taking 2 lab sessions in a week, I will be assisting with grading of assignments and tests for students and also preparation of course material..... (he didn't ask what I will be doing but felt the need to explain so he will know I know what my duties entail)

Vo - Your dad is paying for the balance as stated in your i20 right
Me - yes sir, he is a successful business man who is into the importation and distribution of ***. He has branches in Abia, Owerri and Enugu. He also has 4 houses in Abia and 3 in Owerri which are on rent.

Vo -  Types for what seemed like forever...... Everything seems okay, I will be approving your blah blah..... I no hear anything again.
Me - Thank you sir and have a nice day.

Ps... he didn't ask for a single document.
While all the denial were flying around I kept praying and asking God to come and do what only him can do.
I was really worried that he might ask why i haven't resumed as 6th Jan was written on my i20 and my school insisted on getting a visa before they can issue an updated i20 even though I printed email correspondence to show that I have started one online class. That means I didn't go with an extension letter even though my school had already resumed.
In all, God showed up for me and outdid himself as usual.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritaalvin: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hi
cupcakes11:
I'm sorry I'm posting my transcript late but better late than never.
God alone showed me mercy and made this possible.
I want to thank everyone that has ever posted their transcript,  it's helped me in so many ways.

Interview
Location - Abuja
Date - 14th Jan 2022
Vo - Windows 8... not sure jare, tension of all the denial I saw no let me see road... it's the white bald guy sha.
Funding - 6,000
Deficit - 24,100

Me - Hi, Good morning..... with a smile to get myself a bit relaxed.

Vo - Good morning, please pass me your documents.......

Vo - Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria
Me - No, I haven't

Vo - what do you currently do?
Me - I work at ******* bank in the department of *********

Vo - I can see you are going for your masters in bioengineering, so why this course
Me - Upon my return to Nigeria,  I want to work as a research scientist at the renowned Nigeria Institute of Medical research and i have done some enquiries and realized that I need a masters in bioengineering or any related field to enable me get into that position.

Vo - Are you married?
Me - No, I'm in a relationship (tension made me say that....lol)

Vo - I can see you have some funding from the physics department.
Me - Yeah... it's a Teaching assistantship funding and i will be taking 2 lab sessions in a week, I will be assisting with grading of assignments and tests for students and also preparation of course material..... (he didn't ask what I will be doing but felt the need to explain so he will know I know what my duties entail)

Vo - Your dad is paying for the balance as stated in your i20 right
Me - yes sir, he is a successful business man who is into the importation and distribution of ***. He has branches in Abia, Owerri and Enugu. He also has 4 houses in Abia and 3 in Owerri which are on rent.

Vo -  Types for what seemed like forever...... Everything seems okay, I will be approving your blah blah..... I no hear anything again.
Me - Thank you sir and have a nice day.

Ps... he didn't ask for a single document.
While all the denial were flying around I kept praying and asking God to come and do what only him can do.
I was really worried that he might ask why i haven't resumed as 6th Jan was written on my i20 and my school insisted on getting a visa before they can issue an updated i20 even though I printed email correspondence to show that I have started one online class. That means I didn't go with an extension letter even though my school had already resumed.
In all, God showed up for me and outdid himself as usual.

Congratulations dear

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habbyy03: 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
Please are there schools waiving Gre and Ielts for fall 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
Good evening house.
Please I need your suggestions.
My fiance is in the US as a PhD student, he has left since two years plus ago for his MSc and just started PhD last year.

He is coming to Nigeria this year for our marriage and renewal of his F1 visa and to file for F2 visa for me.

My questions:
Should we go together for our visa interview?

How long should we wait after our marriage before we go for our interview?

Thank you all!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MrsOlu: 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
GAPPLE:
Good evening house.
Please I need your suggestions.
My fiance is in the US as a PhD student, he has left since two years plus ago for his MSc and just started PhD last year.

He is coming to Nigeria this year for our marriage and renewal of his F1 visa and to file for F2 visa for me.

My questions:
Should we go together for our visa interview?

How long should we wait after our marriage before we go for our interview?

Thank you all!
Hi, ensure you both apply and go for the interview together, he can do this while he is there. Depends on his institution, he can get ready your I20 before he comes to Nigeria. The most important thing is that by the time you are going for the interview you should have your court marriage certificate. the advantage of going together is that the VO most time pays more attention to the F1 who is renewing his visa than the F2. Go to YouTube, familiarize yourself with questions F2 applicant are asked. ensure you both take time to align your answers such that you are on the same page. I'll suggest sam and itunu Ajayi's YouTube page. You can go for you can give it 2 weeks after your court wedding to go for the interview. God's Best.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2022
Pinky247:
Good day everyone..please i am very new here.
I need guidance and counsel on this issues pls
Am 34 yrs ,i want to apply for usa study visa to a community college for associates of nursing..am choosing this program cos of the time duration which is just 2 years ..
My problem now is ..will this look good to a VO or do i apply to universities instead and for the nursing program am quite confused on how to convince a VO why i cant do nursing in Nigeria, and what will i do it nursing after i graduate....To me i just feel with nursing they might think i just want to relocate.
Am also thinking of studying speech and language therapy if nursing doesn't flow well..
pls i need good counsel i dont mind paying for it pls ....
Am married....last school rest is waec ...did microbiology for almost 4 yrs but dropped out....
Pls help ..thanks

Ok I know someone that got denied on her first attempt because she was going for an associate degree.
She went back and changed it to bachelors
On her second visit she was asked what has changed and she told them of how her school said she could start directly without going through the associate path(I don't know how to really explain it to you though).
So judging from that experience i don't think going for an associate is a good choice (although it might also be good because of your age)
Be able to explain what you have been doing all these years(it could have been better if you have completed your microbiology because i don't know if you can mention that when you did not finish)
This is just my 2cent
Hopefully the gurus in the house can help better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.