Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647096 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2022
jermer25:
I need urgent help, please!
I don't have my expired passport anymore. Will this be an issue at the embassy

Please avoid unnecessary issues that can destabilize you at the embassy. Your Passport, just like any official document, is the government's property. Once it's stolen, misplaced, or for whatever reason, you don't have it anymore please go and get a police report and or an affidavit and take it to the embassy on your interview day

These oyibo people do not trust any kind of excuse or explanation. Avoid being delayed or sent back. Go with an affidavit and you will be let off the hook.
This is my 2 cents.
Thank you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by skoles001(m): 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Emmyn007:
Please, I got admission to study chemistry at the university of arkansas at little rock. I have been asked to provide proof of funds. And my family got a loan. The school is asking for a bank reference letter showing proof of funds. I was wondering if anybody here paid tuition before I -20 was released.

Guy, please make we relate...Also studied chemistry in my Bsc and i am looking to apply in US schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
Please Who applied to East Tennessee State University for fall 2022?
I applied for MS Chemistry since Nov 2021 and I have not heard anything from them.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zigleary: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nice work guys, please hope applying to just one school won't limit ones chances at the Visa interview?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 2:58pm On Feb 14, 2022
Osidowu:

Please avoid unnecessary issues that can destabilize you at the embassy. Your Passport, just like any official document, is the government's property. Once it's stolen, misplaced, or for whatever reason, you don't have it anymore please go and get a police report and or an affidavit and take it to the embassy on your interview day

These oyibo people do not trust any kind of excuse or explanation. Avoid being delayed or sent back. Go with an affidavit and you will be let off the hook.
This is my 2 cents.
Thank you.
Some immigration offices ask you to submit your old/expired passports after a renewal. What do you do in that case?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritaalvin: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
bukhety:

Seriously, you just wasted the 67200, that's y the guy nodded. Deferement was your best option.

Honestly o , I also paid 50k for interview date
Please how many weeks or months will it take for them to issued me new i20 after differing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
[quote author=Svelte98 post=110222079] Some immigration offices ask you to submit your old/expired passports after a r[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][quote author=razziben post=110209987]

I haven't heard or seen anyone being asked to submit his/her expired passport before being issued a new one.
Is this a personal experience?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Svelte98:
Some immigration offices ask you to submit your old/expired passports after a renewal. What do you do in that case?

I haven't heard or seen anyone being asked to submit his/her expired passport before being issued a new one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
You contradicted yourself with your travel history to Italy

Ezichi123:
As usual, I walked into the interview hall with the hope and believe that God will change my story the secondtime. I had my first US interview 3 years back on Visiting visa and this time around, I decided to go for F1. I applied for MBA at one private school in USA.
My one year estimation tuition and accommodation is $30,000 with $3000 scholarship from my school and my sponsoring bank statement of $34000.

Vo: good morning
Me : good morning

VO: Which school are you going to?
Me: University of ............

Vo: place your fingers for biometric
Me: Ok

Vo: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My sponsor

VO: Where is the location of your company,?
Me: Germany

VO: Have you been to Italy?
Me: No, Italy is where our company is registered.

VO: You have travelled to Singapore?
Me: Yes

VO: How long was your stay?
Me: 1 year and 7 months. I have also been to Italy, Sweden

VO: How long have you stayed in Germany?
Me: 5 months

VO: OK

VO: was typing uninterrupted...........
Me: Looking at him with confidence

VO: I AM SORRY TO REJECT YOUR VISA AT TIS TIME. HE ISSUED ME A WHITE PAPER.
ME: THanks and goodbye.

Please, who can advise me on why I was rejected my visa. I have travelled to 6 countries. I was only one that was denied Visa among the number of white people that came for visa.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
In Nigeria, you should bring your expired passport when you come for the new one so that it will be stamped "canceled without prejudice"
and give it back to you and the diplomats know that.
Some countries do retrieve your old passport from you at renewal but not Nigeria.

Svelte98:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Tulacious123:

Good afternoon dear. I applied to same school and did interview but no update yet.When did you apply and when was admission decision released? Is it advisable I mail them ?

Normally, I think you should have been told about when to hear final decision by the faculty who interviewed you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
Osidowu:

Yes it's a personal experience. I've renewed 2 passports so far, was asked to submit the first one after renewal back in 2017 and when I went to renew the second one last month, after the biometrics I was told that I'd have to submit the expired one when I come to pick up the new passport. So I'm genuinely surprised people actually go home with the expired passport after renewal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
chibertha:
In Nigeria, you should bring your expired passport when you come for the new one so that it will be stamped "canceled without prejudice"
and give it back to you and the diplomats know that.
Some countries do retrieve your old passport from you at renewal but not Nigeria.

I wasn't aware of this. I've always been asked to submit my old/expired passports after renewal. So what happens if I'm asked to submit an expired passport and I have an upcoming visa interview? Can I request to leave with the expired passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
SonugaMike:
You contradicted yourself with your travel history to Italy

can you explain further

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 12:07am On Feb 15, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Forgot about going through the corners, if I were you, I'll go for F1 straight up, since I'm sure I didn't mess up my previous B1/B2 is they advised, I believe your F1 will be approved, besides the immigration stuff from your Dad is absolutely legitimate, no need to panic in my opinion

Thank you for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:52am On Feb 15, 2022
Yes
Svelte98:
I wasn't aware of this. I've always been asked to submit my old/expired passports after renewal. So what happens if I'm asked to submit an expired passport and I have an upcoming visa interview? Can I request to leave with the expired passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 2:04am On Feb 15, 2022
chibertha:
Yes
Okay, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 2:18am On Feb 15, 2022
Argo visa YouTube channel got some nice information about visas, we could check it out.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:28am On Feb 15, 2022
Ritaalvin:

Honestly o, I also paid 50k for the interview date
Please how many weeks or months will it take for them to issue me a new i20 after differing
You can request an i20 update as soon as there are changes in your situation and as many times as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2022
There is nothing to explain further. Just read the transcript again you will sight what he was saying.
Magma012:
can you explain further
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 7:21am On Feb 15, 2022
Hi guys, it seems getting a date for interview is like passing through the eyes of a needle. My program starts in May and the earliest date I’ve seen is in September. Can we request for emergency appointment at this point in time? Thanks mate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excel1960(f): 8:02am On Feb 15, 2022
Good morning All. Please I'm applying for Fall 2022 but now what I am seeing from the student portal is Auxiliary Trm, 2022 win Ol, 2022 spring, etc. Pls can someone explain this to me, I don't just understand. Thank you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 8:43am On Feb 15, 2022
excel1960:
Good morning All. Please I'm applying for Fall 2022 but now what I am seeing from the student portal is Auxiliary Trm, 2022 win Ol, 2022 spring, etc. Pls can someone explain this to me, I don't just understand. Thank you

Have you confirmed the application portal is open for fall 2022 session?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 9:23am On Feb 15, 2022
bigheadday:
Hi guys, it seems getting a date for an interview is like passing through the eyes of a needle. My program starts in May and the earliest date I’ve seen is in September. Can we request for an emergency appointment at this point in time? Thanks mate

Your Program starts in May and you are still looking for normal date.
You can request for an EA and get a favorable date. The date could be in this month sef.

My friend's program also starts in May, he requested for EA on Jan23 and got an interview date for Jan27.

I know there is a standard procedure but sometimes it's not the case. Don't delay yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 9:29am On Feb 15, 2022
I thought EA was 60 days to school resumption?

Osidowu:

Your Program starts in May and you are still looking for normal date.
You can request for an EA and get a favorable date. The date could be in this month sef.

My friend's program also starts in May, he requested for EA on Jan23 and got an interview date for Jan27.

I know there is a standard procedure but sometimes it's not the case. Don't delay yourself.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 9:56am On Feb 15, 2022
Planner99:
Hello guys,

I need your input on this. I'm sorry, it's going to be a long one, kindly bear with me:

I currently have an active immigration case as my dad filed for me to immigrate into the US. This should come to fruition hopefully in a couple of years.

I've always planned to do a masters in my field as soon as I immigrated but since the pandemic struck and everything slowed down, I feel like I should no longer just sit and wait for that.

I have gotten an admission into a respectable US graduate school of my top choice (still looking for funding) and plan to apply for a student visa.
My plan is to come back to Nigeria for my immigrant visa interview when it reaches my turn, I do not mind that at all. I'm hoping that will happen before my 2-year MSc is over.
I want to get a masters in US specifically because that is where I plan to settle and a US degree will help secure jobs better and faster than degrees from another country

I just don't want to keep my career stagnant because of an unfortunate pandemic causing a lot of backlog for my immigration stuff as I'm in the best phase of my life and career to take this step.

I will like to add that I have previously gotten a B1/B2 visitors visa which I used once all while waiting for the immigrant visa. I had thought then too that they wouldn't grant the visitors visa because of my pending immigration stuff but they did. The visa officer just made sure to remind me not to mess up or overstay because that will negatively affect my immigration case.

Also, I am contemplating applying for a renewal of my visitors visa before applying for the student visa since I qualify for their new 'no interview, drop box' renewal. This is because regardless of whether my student visa is approved or not, I will like to visit my family freely without breaking their rules.

My questions are:
1. What do you guys think my chances of getting the student visa approved are?
2. Should I bother with the renewal of visit visa?
3. If my visit visa is approved and my student visa is refused after, will they cancel my visit visa that was approved?
4. If my visit visa is refused, will that negatively affect my chances of getting the student visa in a few months after?

in answering your question, your chances are up to you, For a US visa application - there is never a level of certainty; the best you can do is be prepared. Something you should note again is that the F1 visa and B1/B2 visa are independent/separate visas - though your information when applying should be coherent for both. So, if your visit visa is approved and your F1 is refused after, they would not cancel your already existing visa (except that has changed)

Your case requires you to be able to set your priority in its best preference that suits you. Firstly, what timeline do you have in pursuing your masters program - you have a good record with regards to your previous travel. if I were you I would apply for a student visa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:01am On Feb 15, 2022
Ezichi123:
As usual, I walked into the interview hall with the hope and believe that God will change my story the secondtime. I had my first US interview 3 years back on Visiting visa and this time around, I decided to go for F1. I applied for MBA at one private school in USA.
My one year estimation tuition and accommodation is $30,000 with $3000 scholarship from my school and my sponsoring bank statement of $34000.

Vo: good morning
Me : good morning

VO: Which school are you going to?
Me: University of ............

Vo: place your fingers for biometric
Me: Ok

Vo: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My sponsor

VO: Where is the location of your company,?
Me: Germany

VO: Have you been to Italy?
Me: No, Italy is where our company is registered.

VO: You have travelled to Singapore?
Me: Yes

VO: How long was your stay?
Me: 1 year and 7 months. I have also been to Italy, Sweden

VO: How long have you stayed in Germany?
Me: 5 months

VO: OK

VO: was typing uninterrupted...........
Me: Looking at him with confidence

VO: I AM SORRY TO REJECT YOUR VISA AT TIS TIME. HE ISSUED ME A WHITE PAPER.
ME: THanks and goodbye.

Please, who can advise me on why I was rejected my visa. I have travelled to 6 countries. I was only one that was denied Visa among the number of white people that came for visa.

Though this most certainly won't be the sole reason for your denial, why did you contradict yourself (Look at where i highlighted)

Also what consular office did you use? In Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2022
djkolz:
I thought EA was 60 days to school resumption?

Yes, but on paper. Reality could come in different shades and colors.

Sometimes following all the rules in the book could lead you nowhere. This US journey na risk, packaging and strategy.

There is a system that generates and approves all these requests and it can approve or deny your request anytime.

You can wait till April or May and still not get your EA approved. It's a possibility. Shoot your shot early enough when there is still room to reshoot.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pufframmy: 11:10am On Feb 15, 2022
Are you serious why will they be collecting the expired one from us na

Svelte98:
Yes it's a personal experience. I've renewed 2 passports so far, was asked to submit the first one after renewal back in 2017 and when I went to renew the second one last month, after the biometrics I was told that I'd have to submit the expired one when I come to pick up the new passport. So I'm genuinely surprised people actually go home with the expired passport after renewal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2022
Do you know anyone that changed status from b1/b2 visa to F1 In america?
That did it successful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ritsy02: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2022
Please my programme duration is from August 23, 2022- May 31st, 2024, but my passport will expire in January, 2024 (before my programme ends).

Is this an issue please? Do I need to renew my passport, when I still have almost 2 years validity on it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sorsor(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2022
Trying to schedule an appointment but I keep getting this error message,don't know what's wrong

Please is this how it does generally?

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.