Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647401 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Na so.
When you meet some Nigerians in diaspora, you will realize that it's in them to hide info. They will even give you wrong info to confuse you. They will lie about their place of work and etc. I just tire. One was even saying he got admission in 'bleep University' grin

Hmm some....
Okay I like that you used "some"

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyn007: 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
[quote author=IntrovertGuy post=110196740]

Thank you. please, my mom is my sponsor. And I was wondering asides from her bank's reference letter, what other documents of hers will I need to present at my interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
Emmyn007:
Thank you. please, my mom is my sponsor. And I was wondering asides from her bank's reference letter, what other documents of hers will I need to present at my interview.
Statement of Account
Bank Reference Letter
Notarized Affidavit of Support

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyn007: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
[quote author=IntrovertGuy post=110198535]
Statement of Account
Bank Reference Letter
Notarized Affidavit of Support

Thanks alot.
one more question please. What is the earliest appointment date I can get if I were to book an appointment say tomorrow?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
Emmyn007:
Thanks alot.
one more question please. What is the earliest appointment date I can get if I were to book an appointment say tomorrow?

Me sef dey find date grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritaalvin: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
Teluv:
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advise and suggestion on what to do.
My visa interview is on the 17th of February 2022 at the Abuja Embassy. However my program started on the 10th of January 2022, I could not get an earlier date, all emergency appointment dates request were denied, I even had to pay the MRV fees twice.
I am just wondering if there is an issue with attending a scheduled study visa appointment 4 weeks after the program start date.

Bowling Green state University
Msc in Construction management Technology.
I had to defer from fall 2021 to January 2022 because there were no dates last year and my emergency appointment request were not approved.
I can not defer the second time, I have to apply afresh if I do not get the chance to attend this interview
Thanks

Hi
I was denied on 1st February because of this ...my school resumed on 18th January ..the first question the VO ask me after handing him my i20 and passport was When is your school resumption date I told him they have already resumed but I ask for extension letter from them no reply yet..He nodded his head and gave me Blue paper � but you can try your luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
aurelosiberu:
Na who give up, Bleep up!!!

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for the contributions and help received on this page.
Visa approved and I'm currently in the US.
God bless us all.

5th Visa attempt

4th F1 Visa attempt
(August, November, December 2021)
(January 12, 2022)

V.O: I can see you are going to Texas A& M university for your Msc in Environmental Engineering.

R: Yes ma that's correct (she no allow me land)

V.O: What's your post graduate plan

R: I will return back to Nigeria to take an advanced environmental engineering role at my current place of work Ogun State xxxxxxxx.

V.O: Oh! you need it for career progression. So you work in Ogun State xxxx

R. Yes, I work as an Environmental Engineer at Ogun State xxxxxxxx
where my job roles includes xxxxxxx

V.O: Typing.

Me: Ma, If I may add.
I had my fall 2021 semester remotely

V.O: ( She no even do like say she hear)
Do you have family in U.S

R: I have a cousin who just graduated from north carolina University.

V.O: Okay, I will be approving your visa

Wow! congratulations!

Please can you share how you were able to get multiple visa appointments in such close proximity? I need it. I learnt the embassy doesn't grant emergency appointments once you've been refused within 6 months. Is it through visa agents? How does this work please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ezichi123: 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Do you have a PR in Germany?? your transcript isn't detailed but I'm guessing that you're in Germany on a work visa, if that's the case then you have no strong ties in Germany, I'm guessing that it might be more beneficial for you to apply from NG. My opinion, na V.O get final decision.

I am a Masters student and I am on student residence permit

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princetx(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hello all.
Is there any way I can pay for my SEVIS fee with either my naira Master card or dollar Master card?

I heard it's only those in USA that can help pay for this. Is that true? But I don't have anyone in USA. What should I do actually?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
princetx:
Hello all

I heard it's only those in USA that can help pay for this. Is that true? But I don't have anyone in USA. What should I do actually?
sevis fee can only be paid in the US. Contact @walspring or send me a DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
princetx:
Hello all.
Is there any way I can pay for my SEVIS fee with either my naira Master card or dollar Master card?

You can not use any 9ja card. Just in the USA.

We have guys here that can ‘help out’, ofc with a ‘charge’.

Walspring or so (not sure if I wrote the username well) is a well known guy for SEVIS payment, you can reach out to him; and if you can’t get in touch, I can help reach out to someone that can also help, so you can DM. Lemme be your LAST option sha.

Shalom!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwaugo: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
Becky42:
Good afternoon , Pls this is for a friend
Can a PHD student apply for mpower ?

A PhD student can be offer a loan two years to graduation only. Mpower will not give a PhD student loan at the initial stage of the PhD of the study.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
Contact @Wallspring. He his reliable & trustworthy. Chat him up now

Moshkom:

You can not use any 9ja card. Just in the USA.

We have guys here that can ‘help out’, ofc with a ‘charge’.

Walspring or so (not sure if I wrote the username well) is a well known guy for SEVIS payment, you can reach out to him; and if you can’t get in touch, I can help reach out to someone that can also help, so you can DM. Lemme be your LAST option sha.

Shalom!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hello guys,

I need your input on this. I'm sorry, it's going to be a long one, kindly bear with me:

I currently have an active immigration case as my dad filed for me to immigrate into the US. This should come to fruition hopefully in a couple of years.

I've always planned to do a masters in my field as soon as I immigrated but since the pandemic struck and everything slowed down, I feel like I should no longer just sit and wait for that.

I have gotten an admission into a respectable US graduate school of my top choice (still looking for funding) and plan to apply for a student visa.
My plan is to come back to Nigeria for my immigrant visa interview when it reaches my turn, I do not mind that at all. I'm hoping that will happen before my 2-year MSc is over.
I want to get a masters in US specifically because that is where I plan to settle and a US degree will help secure jobs better and faster than degrees from another country

I just don't want to keep my career stagnant because of an unfortunate pandemic causing a lot of backlog for my immigration stuff as I'm in the best phase of my life and career to take this step.

I will like to add that I have previously gotten a B1/B2 visitors visa which I used once all while waiting for the immigrant visa. I had thought then too that they wouldn't grant the visitors visa because of my pending immigration stuff but they did. The visa officer just made sure to remind me not to mess up or overstay because that will negatively affect my immigration case.

Also, I am contemplating applying for a renewal of my visitors visa before applying for the student visa since I qualify for their new 'no interview, drop box' renewal. This is because regardless of whether my student visa is approved or not, I will like to visit my family freely without breaking their rules.

My questions are:
1. What do you guys think my chances of getting the student visa approved are?
2. Should I bother with the renewal of visit visa?
3. If my visit visa is approved and my student visa is refused after, will they cancel my visit visa that was approved?
4. If my visit visa is refused, will that negatively affect my chances of getting the student visa in a few months after?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2022
I'm going for MBA program at a university in LA. Can I get a loan from Mpower. My school is not affiliated . What can I do . .Please , advice.
nwaugo:

A PhD student can be offer a loan two years to graduation only. Mpower will not give a PhD student loan at the initial stage of the PhD of the study.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
Omo! You for no share this transcript at all. Not trying to hate but bro CARRY YOUR TRANSCRIPT GO TO ONE PLACE Alaye. Like, WE DON’T NEED IT HERE!!!!

You mean you’re still the ‘LOW’ to keep the school as anon?? Yeah, we’re not your family but sincerely we’re not proud of you as a Nigerian Youth, if you can be this ’BLEEP’ to “hide update” from your fellow Comrades.

Goodluck in your new adventures sha.

Abfey:
I’m actually a second class lower student with no exams�(having 2:2 is not a limitation to funding)

Transcript
Date Nov 19th
COA: $53,000
Funding: $59,000
Deficit : zero
Excess fund: $6,000
Degree: Masters
Exam: No GRE, No IELTS

Me: Good morning
VO: (no response) pass me your l-20 and passport
VO: hmmm Bleep university
VO: Why are you travelling to the US?
Me: To pursue a masters in plant pathology from Bleep University
VO: Why Bleep university
Me: Bleep university is an excellent fit for me, known for is excellent research in agriculture and their agricultural program is one of the top best 5 in US, they have an ongoing research which is of similar interest and I would be joining the team to investigate on (talked about the project)

VO: (smiled) its okay, your funding has said a lot
Me: i smiled back, (thought that was all, then off guard she asked)

VO: What would you do when you come back
Me: my company would be integrating a new service that has to do with plant diagnosis, I would be taking the lead and working with local farmers, I would also be taking a research position at IITA, I have a verbal agreement with Dr bleep (she wasn’t even listening but I just kept on talking)

VO: Cut me in and she started saying something about 5days return passport which I didn’t hear, I was just nodding my head and smiling like a fool
Me:Thank you
Security: Here’s the exit

Me: I need to use the restroom please (went inside to shout then come out like a civil person)

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
ayofag:
Any closer dates showing in Abj/Lag?

Not yet. Please share should you find any near date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
princetx:
Hello all.

You can’t pay from Nigeria’s or use naija card at all.

if you still need help for sevis fee payment just let me know ASAP.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
dydx2020:

I'm going for MBA program at a university in LA. Can I get a loan from Mpower. My school is not affiliated . What can I do . .Please , advice.

Prodigy finance is another option.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TabletMan: 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
aurelosiberu:
Na who give up, Bleep up!!!

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for the contributions and help received on this page.
Visa approved and I'm currently in the US.
God bless us all.

5th Visa attempt

4th F1 Visa attempt
(August, November, December 2021)
(January 12, 2022)

V.O: I can see you are going to Texas A& M university for your Msc in Environmental Engineering.

R: Yes ma that's correct (she no allow me land)

V.O: What's your post graduate plan

R: I will return back to Nigeria to take an advanced environmental engineering role at my current place of work Ogun State xxxxxxxx.

V.O: Oh! you need it for career progression. So you work in Ogun State xxxx

R. Yes, I work as an Environmental Engineer at Ogun State xxxxxxxx
where my job roles includes xxxxxxx

V.O: Typing.

Me: Ma, If I may add.
I had my fall 2021 semester remotely

V.O: ( She no even do like say she hear)
Do you have family in U.S

R: I have a cousin who just graduated from north carolina University.

V.O: Okay, I will be approving your visa
Hello bro,
I am applying for mechanical/industrial engineering at Texas A&M university.
I will be needing your assistance on some certain issues. So please drop your email so that we can talk further.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Becky42: 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
sbot:

Sure if their school is enlisted in mpower database.

Albeit, it isn’t advisable a PHD is run on loans as it is highly expensive. So many schools provide full funding for PHD.

Cheers!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Becky42: 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2022
nwaugo:

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by razziben: 7:13am On Feb 14, 2022
OmoManU:
Hello Elders in the house, I have been trying to try to see if can look for masters or postgraduate diploma admissions into any US school but the whole process seem too confusing, please anybody that can help with a link for admission to US schools and a summary of the processes and please what are the chances of a 2012 2-2 graduate getting admitted in the US. Responses shall be appreciated.

I am aware that this thread contains so many pieces of information but it would be of great help if some of the most important information can be extracted out and possibly pinned at the beginning of the thread, just a suggestion.

You have to start your search from somewhere...google? Then based on that people would be willing to help you here. You are asking a very broad question that can be answered from google searches. Don't be lazy! I have lived in the US for over 15 years, and I also came in through a similar way (student visa).

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwaugo: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2022
dydx2020:

If your school is not in the list of schools that mpower accepted for student loan you can check prodigy finance to know if your school is in their own list because both mpower financing and prodigy finance are not considering any school that is not in their list.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Semtu(m): 9:39am On Feb 14, 2022
Ezichi123:
As usual, I walked into the interview hall with the hope and believe that God will change my story the secondtime. I had my first US interview 3 years back on Visiting visa and this time around, I decided to go for F1. I applied for MBA at one private school in USA.
My one year estimation tuition and accommodation is $30,000 with $3000 scholarship from my school and my sponsoring bank statement of $34000.

Vo: good morning
Me : good morning

VO: Which school are you going to?
Me: University of ............

Vo: place your fingers for biometric
Me: Ok

Vo: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My sponsor

VO: Where is the location of your company,?
Me: Germany

VO: Have you been to Italy?
Me: No, Italy is where our company is registered.

VO: You have travelled to Singapore?
Me: Yes

VO: How long was your stay?
Me: 1 year and 7 months. I have also been to Italy, Sweden

VO: How long have you stayed in Germany?
Me: 5 months

VO: OK

VO: was typing uninterrupted...........
Me: Looking at him with confidence

VO: I AM SORRY TO REJECT YOUR VISA AT TIS TIME. HE ISSUED ME A WHITE PAPER.
ME: THanks and goodbye.

Please, who can advise me on why I was rejected my visa. I have travelled to 6 countries. I was only one that was denied Visa among the number of white people that came for visa.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

You first said you’ve not been to Italy. Then you said again that you’ve been to Italy.

Which is it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2022
I need urgent help please!
I don't have my expired passport anymore. Will this be an issue at the embassy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2022
Ritaalvin:

Hi
I was denied on 1st February because of this ...my school resumed on 18th January ..the first question the VO ask me after handing him my i20 and passport was When is your school resumption date I told him they have already resumed but I ask for extension letter from them no reply yet.He nodded his head and gave me Blue paper � but you can try your luck
Seriously, you just wasted the 67200, that's y the guy nodded. Deferement was your best option.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Ezichi123:

I am a Masters student and I am on student residence permit
well residence permit is different from PR, so fix it or come down to NG, my opinion

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2022
Planner99:
Hello guys,

I need your input on this. I'm sorry, it's going to be a long one, kindly bear with me:

I currently have an active immigration case as my dad filed for me to immigrate into the US. This should come to fruition hopefully in a couple of years.

I've always planned to do a masters in my field as soon as I immigrated but since the pandemic struck and everything slowed down, I feel like I should no longer just sit and wait for that.

I have gotten an admission into a respectable US graduate school of my top choice (still looking for funding) and plan to apply for a student visa.
My plan is to come back to Nigeria for my immigrant visa interview when it reaches my turn, I do not mind that at all. I'm hoping that will happen before my 2-year MSc is over.
I want to get a masters in US specifically because that is where I plan to settle and a US degree will help secure jobs better and faster than degrees from another country

I just don't want to keep my career stagnant because of an unfortunate pandemic causing a lot of backlog for my immigration stuff as I'm in the best phase of my life and career to take this step.

I will like to add that I have previously gotten a B1/B2 visitors visa which I used once all while waiting for the immigrant visa. I had thought then too that they wouldn't grant the visitors visa because of my pending immigration stuff but they did. The visa officer just made sure to remind me not to mess up or overstay because that will negatively affect my immigration case.

Also, I am contemplating applying for a renewal of my visitors visa before applying for the student visa since I qualify for their new 'no interview, drop box' renewal. This is because regardless of whether my student visa is approved or not, I will like to visit my family freely without breaking their rules.

My questions are:
1. What do you guys think my chances of getting the student visa approved are?
2. Should I bother with the renewal of visit visa?
3. If my visit visa is approved and my student visa is refused after, will they cancel my visit visa that was approved?
4. If my visit visa is refused, will that negatively affect my chances of getting the student visa in a few months after?
Forgot about going through the corners, if I were you, I'll go for F1 straight up, since I'm sure I didn't mess up my previous B1/B2 is they advised, I believe your F1 will be approved, besides the immigration stuff from your Dad is absolutely legitimate, no need to panic in my opinion

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
jermer25:
I need urgent help please!
I don't have my expired passport anymore. Will this be an issue at the embassy

Since you can’t find it anymore, I’m sure there’s NOTHING you can do about it, and sure you would have to be there for your interview. Ofc, go ahead and face what they would to say. Highest would be delaying you by asking reason why “this and/or that” but trust me, they can’t stop you from the interview.

Goodluck Champ!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2022
Moshkom:

Since you can’t find it anymore, I’m sure there’s NOTHING you can do about it, and sure you would have to be there for your interview. Of, go ahead and face what they would say. Highest would be delaying you by asking the reason why “this and/or that” but trust me, they can’t stop you from the interview.

Goodluck Champ!

Please avoid unnecessary issues that can destabilize you at the embassy. Your Passport, just like any official document, is the government's property. Once it's stolen, misplaced, or for whatever reason, you don't have it anymore please go and get a police report and or an affidavit and take it to the embassy on your interview day

These oyibo people do not trust any kind of excuse or explanation. Avoid being delayed or sent back. Go with an affidavit and you will be let off the hook.
This is my 2 cents.
Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.