Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,508 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638707 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 11:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
This is helpful. Thank you.
Moshkom:

I don’t really get this. But if I understand, the F1 want to show his own proof of fund; and also the F2 also wants to show hers SEPARATELY?

I thought it’s the F1 that would should that to the school before he’s being issued i20, and it would reflect on the i20 that he’s coming with someone that he would ‘take care’ of. Without the F1 showing adequate funds for both i20 won’t be given out.

If you also want her to be part of the sponsor, submit her details to the school, so that her name would reflect on the i20, with that the VO would easily see that it’s dual sponsorship which it’s bad (base on its F1 and F2).

Clear or I complicate things?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adeboy700: 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good evening.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Adeboy700:
Good evening guys
DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
August 22? Which school are you going to?

lokoventurex1:
Hello good people,

Please I need a one on one guide on how to fill my DS-160. I reside in Oshodi, Lagos . I will appreciate a vast person assistance. My resumption date is August 22.

I'll take care of the person transport fare and a token for coming.

@xxxScholar, you could also come in abeg...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 5:40am On Feb 13, 2022
Considering your age, the VO may just conclude you are just migrating. If it's possible apply to a school in Europe, you'll stand a better chance. However, if you still want to take your chances with US, apply for a four year nursing program in university or liberal arts college.
Pinky247:
Good day everyone..please i am very new here.
I need guidance and counsel on this issues pls
Am 34 yrs ,i want to apply for usa study visa to a community college for associates of nursing..am choosing this program cos of the time duration which is just 2 years ..
My problem now is ..will this look good to a VO or do i apply to universities instead and for the nursing program am quite confused on how to convince a VO why i cant do nursing in Nigeria, and what will i do it nursing after i graduate....To me i just feel with nursing they might think i just want to relocate.
Am also thinking of studying speech and language therapy if nursing doesn't flow well..
pls i need good counsel i dont mind paying for it pls ....
Am married....last school rest is waec ...did microbiology for almost 4 yrs but dropped out....
Pls help ..thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aurelosiberu: 6:14am On Feb 13, 2022
Na who give up, Bleep up!!!

aurelosiberu:
Abuja
COA $29k
Funding $9k
Course: Environmental Engineering
MSc
School: Texas A&M
Thank you

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for the contributions and help received on this page.
Visa approved and I'm currently in the US.
God bless us all.

5th Visa attempt

4th F1 Visa attempt
(August, November, December 2021)
(January 12, 2022)

V.O: I can see you are going to Texas A& M university for your Msc in Environmental Engineering.

R: Yes ma that's correct (she no allow me land)

V.O: What's your post graduate plan

R: I will return back to Nigeria to take an advanced environmental engineering role at my current place of work Ogun State xxxxxxxx.

V.O: Oh! you need it for career progression. So you work in Ogun State xxxx

R. Yes, I work as an Environmental Engineer at Ogun State xxxxxxxx
where my job roles includes xxxxxxx

V.O: Typing.

Me: Ma, If I may add.
I had my fall 2021 semester remotely

V.O: ( She no even do like say she hear)
Do you have family in U.S

R: I have a cousin who just graduated from north carolina University.

V.O: Okay, I will be approving your visa

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omoawoke: 6:50am On Feb 13, 2022
adeheritage:

From my experience, they disable it during weekends.
Try it from 10 am on Monday.

Yes thank you, I tried it and it worked.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboss37: 7:08am On Feb 13, 2022
Good morning my people,

I scheduled an appointment in 2021 but it was cancelled by the US Embassy due to Covid. Does the 2 times opportunities to schedule and reschedule appointment per MRV fee payment still apply to the receipt or I have just one opportunity left to schedule an appointment?.....I need clarity. I beg make una enlighten me my people.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2022
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 8:58am On Feb 13, 2022
ledesba07:
Hello, beautiful people! Anyone here got into any school in Tennessee? Also, is there anyone here who recently got his visa?

MTSU here

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 13, 2022
When I decided to apply to schools, I assumed I won't be given assistantship, so the other option is acquiring a mpower or prodigy finance loan. I only applied to schools being considered by either of these 2 loan agencies. However, it is mostly believed that if a visa officer understands that you acquired a loan to fund your graduate studies, it takes out from the credibility of your application.

Is it possible to acquire a mpower loan, then present a rich sponsor on interview day as the one who takes care of the deficit?

How do we convince the visa officer about our abilities to finance the deficit, without making it obvious that the solution to the deficit is the loan we acquired?

The reality is it is not all of us that will be given assistantship, so how do we convince the visa officer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2022
aurelosiberu:

Good morning everyone,
God bless us all.

5th Visa attempt

4th F1 Visa attempt
(January 12, 2022)

V.O: I can see you are going to Texas A& M university for your Msc in Environmental Engineering.

R: I will return back to Nigeria to take an advanced environmental engineering role at my current place of work Ogun State xxxxxxxx.

Congrats on your approval !

How many times did you pay SEVIS ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboss37: 10:03am On Feb 13, 2022
Good morning my people,

I scheduled an appointment in 2021 but it was cancelled by the US Embassy due to Covid. Does the 2 times opportunities to schedule and reschedule appointment per MRV fee payment still apply to the receipt or I have just one opportunity left to schedule an appointment?.....I need clarity. I beg make una enlighten me my people.... Someone should kindly answer me. I want to schedule appointment but I want to be sure how many chances I have before I do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hardeydolarpo96: 10:49am On Feb 13, 2022
aurelosiberu:

Good morning everyone,
God bless us all.

5th Visa attempt

4th F1 Visa attempt
(January 12, 2022)

Congratulations and all the best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Na so.
When you meet some Nigerians in diaspora, you will realize that it's in them to hide info. They will even give you wrong info to confuse you. They will lie about their place of work and etc. I just tire. One was even saying he got admission in 'bleep University' grin

Moshkom:

Not to sound rude or anyhow SIR. Like, you want people to ‘help’ you with their opinions on your transcript and you’re ‘HIDING’ common SCHOOL NAME? Yeah, COMMON! Even thou, it’s private. No na. Help yourself too boss.

What if it’s the school that’s the problem? And the bosses here would easily ‘detect’ and tell you “Ah! Na the school na”. Oh! You don’t want ‘US’ to apply to the school? LMAO.

Don’t forget we’ve MORE THAN 4000 Graduates Schools in USA. Just to let you know ‘OUR’ birds have enough space to fly.

PS: Sorry for the denial boss, you try again. NA WHO GIVE UP; F**K UP!

GOOD LUCK in your next attempt Champ!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Na so.
When you meet some Nigerians in diaspora, you will realize that it's in them to hide info. They will even give you wrong info to confuse you. They will lie about their place of work and etc.

As in ehn boss, I shared the transcript with some of my folks, below is their different reactions and replies:

“ I still don't get why people hide schools they apply to”

“ Makes no sense to me”

“ The more Nigerians you have in your school. The better for you”

“ You want to be the only black student?”

“ Where you Wan get garri from?”

“ Why do people hoard their school like "indomien" abeg? Wouldn't you even want more people from your home country you can relate with? Ontop 3k funding sef mtcheeeeewwww
Nawa

“I feel answering questions not asked is another reason he was denied. Who asked him/her to say "I have also been to Italy, Sweden"? What if VO only heard "Italy" and thinks he/she is contracting him/herself?”

“ I not fit pay shishi application fee for any other country graduate School wey schools reach more than 4000 for USA; Ah go come dey waste €100 for one school for Netherlands? Me? No way; Nah ehm person dey hide school for us?“

GOD NO GO SHAME US sha.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
Good afternoon dear. I applied to same school and did interview but no update yet.When did you apply and when was admission decision released? Is it advisable I mail them ?

decorum003:
Hi please I need a way forward, I applied to Northeastern university and I have been admitted, proceed with applying for Loan with Mpower Finance which I was also approved.
Now my question how do I go about it from here I really need people that has been approved of I-20 with Mpower Loan approved application form I will really appreciate the way forward on This. Because i want to be sure if the Mpower Loan approved form is enough to get I-20 from my admitted school

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
Is this answer enough?
I'd be glad if you could provide an elaborate answer as to how the bvn guarantees the loan repayment.
sbot:

How would you pay back or what guarantee do you have?

You did submit your BVN.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeheritage: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Hello bro congrats on your admission/Funding.
If the Funding doesn't cover for your dependents, apply for the TETFUND schoolarship to cater for them, it's not greed because you need it as you'll have to show proof of funds for them, tell the school to send you an updated I-20 reflecting your dependents and it's cost, you then use the TETFUND money to offset the bills, contact your grad cord to see if the school can leave your funding after deferment because I'll advice you defair to Fall'22 to afford you ample time to put everything in place both the TETFUND schoolarship, New I-20 and visa applications, that's my opinion, wish you the best

Thank you so much,

I have deferred to fall. My GTA was updated to two semesters, but my deficit remiains around 26k.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
illumined999333:
Is this answer enough?
I'd be glad if you could provide an elaborate answer as to how the bvn guarantees the loan repayment.

It’s somewhat similar to Social Security Number(SSN) in the sense that banks could carry out direct debits on all of your accounts linked to the same BVN.

Do find a way around convincing them that it’s impossible to run away once your BVN is linked.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you my friend.
sbot:

It’s somewhat similar to Social Security Number(SSN) in the sense that banks could carry out direct debits on all of your accounts linked to the same BVN.

Do find a way around convincing them that it’s impossible to run away once your BVN is linked.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ezichi123:
As usual, I walked into the interview hall with the hope and believe that God will change my story the secondtime. I had my first US interview 3 years back on Visiting visa and this time around, I decided to go for F1. I applied for MBA at one private school in USA.
My one year estimation tuition and accommodation is $30,000 with $3000 scholarship from my school and my sponsoring bank statement of $34000.

Please, who can advise me on why I was rejected my visa. I have travelled to 6 countries. I was only one that was denied Visa among the number of white people that came for visa.
Do you have a PR in Germany?? your transcript isn't detailed but I'm guessing that you're in Germany on a work visa, if that's the case then you have no strong ties in Germany, I'm guessing that it might be more beneficial for you to apply from NG. My opinion, na V.O get final decision.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Becky42: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2022
Good afternoon , Pls this is for a friend
Can a PHD student apply for mpower ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
Any closer dates showing in Abj/Lag?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ezichi123:
As usual, I walked into the interview hall with the hope and believe that God will change my story the secondtime. I had my first US interview 3 years back on Visiting visa and this time around, I decided to go for F1. I applied for MBA at one private school in USA.
My one year estimation tuition and accommodation is $30,000 with $3000 scholarship from my school and my sponsoring bank statement of $34000.

Vo: good morning
Me : good morning

VO: Which school are you going to?
Me: University of ............

Vo: place your fingers for biometric
Me: Ok

Vo: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My sponsor

VO: Where is the location of your company,?
Me: Germany

VO: Have you been to Italy?
Me: No, Italy is where our company is registered.

VO: You have travelled to Singapore?
Me: Yes

VO: How long was your stay?
Me: 1 year and 7 months. I have also been to Italy, Sweden

VO: How long have you stayed in Germany?
Me: 5 months

VO: OK

VO: was typing uninterrupted...........
Me: Looking at him with confidence

VO: I AM SORRY TO REJECT YOUR VISA AT TIS TIME. HE ISSUED ME A WHITE PAPER.
ME: THanks and goodbye.

Please, who can advise me on why I was rejected my visa. I have travelled to 6 countries. I was only one that was denied Visa among the number of white people that came for visa.

Please I sent a message to your inbox. I’d like to ask you some questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2022
Becky42:
Good afternoon , Pls this is for a friend
Can a PHD student apply for mpower ?

Sure if their school is enlisted in mpower database.

Albeit, it isn’t advisable a PHD is run on loans as it is highly expensive. So many schools provide full funding for PHD.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyn007: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
Please, I got admission to study chemistry at the university of arkansas at little rock. I have been asked to provide proof of funds. And my family got a loan. The school is asking for a bank reference letter showing proof of funds. I was wondering if anybody here paid tuition before I -20 was released.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
Emmyn007:
Please, I got admission to study chemistry at the university of arkansas at little rock. I have been asked to provide proof of funds. And my family got a loan. The school is asking for a bank reference letter showing proof of funds. I was wondering if anybody here paid tuition before I -20 was released.

You are not required to pay tuition.

Simply go to your bank and inform them that you require a reference letter stating your available balance (Reference Letter with Balance), for a fee of 500 naira (GTBank)

It includes the bank letterhead, signature, and official stamp.

Goodluck.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.