Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640539 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adepositive(f): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2021
fairheart:

It is not a problem. I know married couple studying in the same university in Tennessee.
All the best!
i am new on here. Please i would like to talk to someone concerning my student visa application. I have some concern. My email is midecole90@gmail.com. @fairheart if you can be of help I’ll appreciate it. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2021
Personally I think it doesn't harm to track with both of them via there websites, I have a problem registering with Wes and I sent you an email already, please get in touch.
Chimma5:
Please experts my "WES UPS "tracking number is out and I also have a "WES "tracking number separately please which do I use to track my WES . And how do I go about it .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Hello please help, I thought that Wes will send my evaluation free of charge to about 4 schools at the basic prize of $205, why are they telling me to pay $30 for each school I add?

No, it doesn’t work that way. After your evaluation, every copy you request for goes for $30 excluding delivery charges.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 11:59am On Mar 22, 2021
PotentialNurse:

No, it doesn’t work that way. After your evaluation, every copy you request for goes for $30 excluding delivery charges.
thanks a lot, secondly please, if they finish my evaluation will they atleast send me the soft copy of it if I decide not to request for any copy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ztemitope:
Hi guys. I joined this thread recently and I've read a lot of people's transcripts so I made my proposed transcript.

Please, your opinions will be of great use to me

P.S: my interview is next week

Me: good morning
VO: good morning

VO: Pass your i20 and passport
Me: *hands it over*

VO: why do you want to go to the US
Me: I want to go to Cleveland State University to study and acquire my bachelor's degree in health care management

VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: two schools

VO: and how many gave you admission?
Me: both

VO: Name them
Me: Cleveland State University and Texas State University

VO: how did you get to know about CSU?
Me: After i heard about the school in an educational fairs i conducted my personal research on it and i learnt that it's a school that offers great quality of education and great diversity and it's also a universities whose requirements matched my profile.

VO: Why Health Care Management
Me: Health Care Management focus on developing business skills for health related professional, Having an understanding of business principles, the unique challenges facing health care today as well as how management and medicine can provide a competitive edges when seeking career in health care

VO: why do you want to study in the United States
Me: when it's comes to new research United States is leader,also a degree in the us is well respected and high ranked

VO: what will this degree do for you
Me: it's will help me to have better understanding in how an organization function properly and how to bring out the best in member of an organization as a health care manager i can oversee a special department or team in a department

VO: why did you decide to pick Cleveland State University
Me: Asides that i was given a partial scholarship, Cleveland State University is a public research University that will support and encourage my research

VO: what types of research
Me: Rehabilitation of brain injury

VO: Any standardized exam
Me: Yes, SAT (1150)

VO: what are your study plans
Me: 5 core courses for 15 credit hours which are principle of Management, organizational behavior, American health care system, Management of health care organization

VO: when did you finish your high school
Me: 2017

VO: What have been doing since then
Me: After my secondary school i wrote jamb in 2019, I am currently in year 1 in Fedpoly ede studying science lab tech

VO: What are your plan after study
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to use the knowledge and experience i acquire from my study in Cleveland State University to advance my health related career and also use it to work in an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Federal ministry of health in Nigeria

VO: I see you have a partial scholarship, who will be shouldering the remaining responsibilities
Me: my mom

VO: what does she do
Me: She has a supermarket in which she sells foodstuffs in bulk

VO: Pass me an evidence
Me: *hands it over*

Constructive criticism is allowed, please
Any other possible questions that could be asked too, will be much appreciated. Thanks
Try to rephrase your answer to that First question a little. you could say, I am going for my bachelor's degree program in health care management at Cleveland State University, Ohio, USA.

WHY THE USA? That answer you gave for "Why the USA" is too generic, Why not tell them how the US has the best education and the best Facilities there is. Any other thing you will say has to come off your lips effortlessly and with PASSION too.

Assuming your Dad owned a hospital, you could say, seeing his hospital being run down by someone due to mismanagement led to your decision to study Health care management. So you could help get the hospital on track again. But that is not the case, so DON`T!

But you could say that your decision for choosing to study this program could be as a result of winding up of most private hospitals in Nigeria due to Mismanagement by persons who lack the expertise and experience to run a health care facility effectively. A degree from CLEVELAND state will not only make you employable upon your return to Nigeria but also help you build a strong resume that sets you apart from OTHER students. You fit still talk on Internships, Cos You will be going for so many.

I see you graduated in 2017. You have to give a credible answer to this question.

This degree will give you the necessary skills and experience to run and manage a health care facility effectively.

Do not even wait for him to ask if you sat for any Standardized test, try add am, when answering why you choose Cleveland.

Be Very Bold, Look her in the eye when answering the question. I know it`s not easy but at least, try.
Pray Oh, but Practise at all times.
Udo diri gi!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
emmanuelle27:
thanks a lot, secondly please, if they finish my evaluation will they atleast send me the soft copy of it if I decide not to request for any copy

You can’t opt out of getting a copy (the last time I checked), and the soft copy you get is usually labeled not for official use (still, the last time I checked). You can however wait to get your own copy, scan it(pdf file) and use it for admission purposes (for schools that allow unofficial/student copy transcripts for initial application)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
PotentialNurse:

You can’t opt out of getting a copy (the last time I checked), and the soft copy you get is usually labeled not for official use (still, the last time I checked). You can however wait to get your own copy, scan it(pdf file) and use it for admission purposes (for schools that allow unofficial/student copy transcripts for initial application)
thanks a lot Sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
EmeritusR:

There are some issues on their site now, so mine is a different problem if I check available date it shows me nothing at all, but don’t worry I am sure this will be resolved soon, maybe they are working on their portal and they have to restrict some applicants from viewing the available date. This is going to be resolved soon don’t worry.
have you been able to see any dates recently ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
dodoyinsolar202:
Hi.
Six month bank statement.
please, does it means no transaction should be done within that 6months or it means the account must have been opened 6 months ago?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Oluwathoyin:
please, does it means no transaction should be done within that 6months or it means the account must have been opened 6 months ago?
the account must be running well for the past 6 months

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
Oluwathoyin:
Hi. The account must have been operated more than 6 months before your visa application. they only require your sponsors bank statement of 6 month & the available balance in the account should sufficiently cover your school tuition, & living expenses for a year.
I hope that helped.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abacino007(m): 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2021
PM me

Tulacious123:
Good evening Mr fairheart . I got admitted into Georgia State University ,(MSc Public Policy) for fall 2021 session. I am currently applying for a fellowship application which comes with lots of benefits.They requested for a writing sample alongside other documents.What I don’t understand is if it’s a fellowship application or a past research work.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
Who has received admission decision from Western Illinois University for Fall 2021?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
dodoyinsolar202:
Hi. The account must have been operated more than 6 months before your visa application. they only require your sponsors bank statement of 6 month & the available balance in the account should sufficiently cover your school tuition, & living expenses for a year.
I hope that helped.
Thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwathoyin: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
Malone122:
the account must be running well for the past 6 months
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kuwtify90: 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
They only sent me a mail requesting for my documents.
obajoey:
Who has received admission decision from Western Illinois University for Fall 2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello good evening everyone I have been battling when dates in Lagos not being able to see any
Today I called the embassy to complain that some can see next available dates while others cannot and I was told nothing is wrong with their site and it’s very normal. He told me for one to be able to see dates depends on the applicant so A might see dates and B might not so the only solution is just to keep checking till dates open up on your profile
Best regards and I wish everyone success
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
Who knows where I can get paper with dimensions (8.5 x 11). I was instructed by my school to print my I20 on that paper.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayjay69(m): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hi guys, after payment on GTBank Mobile App for visa appointment online and a receipt is generated, what is the receipt number to be used for finalising interview booking, is it the entire reference number, some of it or some other number, kindly help, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olaa36621: 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
Greetings to everyone on this platform. I am a new user. I am a 400L student of Biology education but I really wanted to study Medicine so I don't create interest in the education course. Right now I just got another admission to study BS Nanoscience in USA which will qualify me to later study medicine.
I left secondary school in 2014. Please in case I am asked what have I been doing since I left secondary school, how should I respond?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Are you certain your degree in Biology Education is not enough to enter medical school immediately?
Talk to schools and confirm instead of going to spend another 4 years for a BSc before getting into medical school

olaa36621:
Greetings to everyone on this platform. I am a new user. I am a 400L student of Biology education but I really wanted to study Medicine so I don't create interest in the education course. Right now I just got another admission to study BS Nanoscience in USA which will qualify me to later study medicine.
I left secondary school in 2014. Please in case I am asked what have I been doing since I left secondary school, how should I respond?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
EffectEn:
Who knows where I can get paper with dimensions (8.5 x 11). I was instructed by my school to print my I20 on that paper.

Print it on the normal A4

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
kayjay69:
Hi guys, after payment on GTBank Mobile App for visa appointment online and a receipt is generated, what is the receipt number to be used for finalising interview booking, is it the entire reference number, some of it or some other number, kindly help, thanks.
The entire reference number

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
Tulacious123:
Good evening Mr fairheart . I got admitted into Georgia State University ,(MSc Public Policy) for fall 2021 session. I am currently applying for a fellowship application which comes with lots of benefits.They requested for a writing sample alongside other documents.What I don’t understand is if it’s a fellowship application or a past research work.

Do not PM anyone please. Too many people taking advantage of the ignorance of some.

A writing sample is basically anything you've written, could be a college project, dissertation, etc. All they want to see is how well you convey your thoughts on paper, your ability to think critically, question assumptions, etc. Considering you're applying for what are likely limited spots for a public policy degree with a fellowship, I'm assuming they want to know that you're capable. You should be able to provide this without too much fuss.

Also, and I say this often, do not hesitate to ask your admissions advisor questions like this. They can better explain what they want to see and how. They can even give you samples if you ask. Be cautious of those here who claim they can write one for you for a fee... remember, you WILL have to write papers on your own when you get admission.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayjay69(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
Inclusive of the slash and other symbols?
PotentialNurse:

The entire reference number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
kayjay69:
Inclusive of the slash and other symbols?

Check the receipt being sent to your email(labeled GTCollections), at the bottom of the page, you will see a transaction reference, the numbers there is what you will input on your CGI portal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayjay69(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2021
Thank you
PotentialNurse:

Check the receipt being sent to your email(labeled GTCollections), at the bottom of the page, you will see a transaction reference, the numbers there is what you will input on your CGI portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aekayo: 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello guys, I noticed the available date for Visa interview in Lagos is January, 2022. What can I do? I am to resume on August 18, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello everyone!
Please I need your opinion on this.

My passport will have a validity of 6 months and 1 day on my scheduled day of interview.

I have paid and entered the passport number on interview schedule since last year and I don't want to lose the money. Passport renewal may also take time from experience and I want to go for interview early.

Kindly advise if this will fly based on passport validity rule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
kayjay69:
Is there anyone on the platform that assists with SEVIS fee payment, very kindly help out. Thanks.

Yes and we talk or chat via email or pm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Hello please help, I thought that Wes will send my evaluation free of charge to about 4 schools at the basic prize of $205, why are they telling me to pay $30 for each school I add?

Lol. You think wes is GRE or TOEFL or IELTS or SAT that does such promo. grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
Aekayo:
Hello guys, I noticed the available date for Visa interview in Lagos is January, 2022. What can I do? I am to resume on August 18, 2021

Just wait till they open new dates for or by April contact embassy and ask for emergency date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.