Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,298 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640547 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
kayjay69:
Hi guys, after payment on GTBank Mobile App for visa appointment online and a receipt is generated, what is the receipt number to be used for finalising interview booking, is it the entire reference number, some of it or some other number, kindly help, thanks.

Reference number is what you need to use and you will see at the bottom of the file sent to your email when open it since you used mobile app.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
Picricchem:

Hello everyone!
Please I need your opinion on this.

My passport will have a validity of 6 months and 1 day on my scheduled day of interview.

I have paid and entered the passport number on interview schedule since last year and I don't want to lose the money. Passport renewal may also take time from experience and I want to go for interview early.

Kindly advise if this will fly based on passport validity rule.

Go for your interview but make sure you apply for a new passport ASAP. The 6 month passport validity is required when you fly.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
Thanks so much for this @Twoods

TWoods:

Go for your interview but make sure you apply for a new passport ASAP. The 6 month passport validity is required when you fly.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
Please who has applied for I-20 at Texas Tech University? How long did it take them to process it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
Martinogie9:
Please who has applied for I-20 at Texas Tech University? How long did it take them to process it?
My friend's own is now more than 5 working days and yet to receive it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ok same here. I hope they respond as soon as possible.
horlahsunbo225:

My friend's own is now more than 5 working days and yet to receive it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
Martinogie9:

I sent the required documents on the 3rd, got my digital I-20 on the 8th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello everyone. Pls I have some questions I need clarification on.

1. Is the printed copy of my form I-20 received by email, valid for visa interview? Or must it be the hard copy shipped by the school?

2. What date on my I-20 do I consider for the 180days rule between; earliest admission date or program start date?. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
tracyroy:

1. Is the printed copy of my form I-20 received by email, valid for visa interview? Or must it be the hard copy shipped by the school?

2. What date on my I-20 do I consider for the 180days rule between; earliest admission date or program start date?. Thank you.

1. The printed copy is still accepted
2. It is 120 days rule not 180 days. You can only go for an interview within 120days to your program start date, i.e if your program starts date is August 16th, your interview date should roughly be between April 16th to August 15th. While earliest admission date is the earliest date you can arrive in the US, it is usually 30 days before your program start date.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Picricchem: 10:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
1. Based on what my school told me, the rule has not changed. You can print the copy sent to you for interview.

2. The window is 120 days. Count your start date on I-20 120 days backward. Or simply 4 months 2 days backward.

tracyroy:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Noted. Thank you.

PotentialNurse:

1. The printed copy is still accepted
2. It is 120 days rule not 180 days. You can only go for an interview within 120days to your program start date, i.e if your program starts date is August 16th, your interview date should roughly be between April 16th to August 15th. While earliest admission date is the earliest date you can arrive in the US, it is usually 30 days before your program start date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Thanks alot.

Picricchem:
1. Based on what my school told me, the rule has not changed. You can print the copy sent to you for interview.

2. The window is 120 days. Count your start date on I-20 120 days backward. Or simply 4 months 2 days backward.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mbolajide2010: 12:26am On Mar 23, 2021
obajoey:
Who has received admission decision from Western Illinois University for Fall 2021?

I got an update from them today confirming my place of study but no admission letter yet, I was asked to present proof of funding.
When did you apply and what course?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 12:31am On Mar 23, 2021
I got my i-20 today, my major is Geological sciences but I applied and got admitted to Hydrogeology.
Could that be a mistake from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 2:29am On Mar 23, 2021
Please I noticed no estimate was quoted on my i20 for my dependents I'm travelling with.

Is this normal?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rudy23: 3:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone, after securing admission and getting your i20 , from the school; what are the next steps to take and which fees am I expected to pay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adurajoseph: 4:49am On Mar 23, 2021
Good day everyone, I got admission into two U.S schools, is it allowed to apply for the two school's i-20 at the same time?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 5:00am On Mar 23, 2021
The same Texas Tech University? What's delaying mine now?
PotentialNurse:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 5:17am On Mar 23, 2021
What school please?
PotentialNurse:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 23, 2021
Martinogie9:
What school please?

TTU
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BirdieBeaz(m): 5:46am On Mar 23, 2021
bigfrancis21:

The plane ticket itself can vary from $500 to $1100, depending on how far out in advance the travel date is from the day that you booked. Also, the US airport that you're landing in could make a difference. Two people I know booked their flights for $450 last year December, Lagos to IAD (Washington DC). Apparently, landing in DC seems to be the cheapest I've seen so far.

WES fee will cost more than that as you have to add the cost of sending your transcript to WES and paying for additional copies to be sent to any extra schools that you are applying to (only the first WES copy is free). This WES fee could also be waived if you choose to apply to schools that don't require WES from international applicants.

Hello Bigfrancis21, I sent you a PM on your email. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 6:17am On Mar 23, 2021
Wow. Mine today makes it two weeks, (ten working days). What could be the cause of the delay? I submitted on the 5th of March and got a response on the 9th of March that I'll get the digitally signed I20 in the next 3 business days. But till now nothing. What do you suggest? Do I mail them?
PotentialNurse:

TTU
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 7:35am On Mar 23, 2021
When did you apply, ?

I am expecting to hear from them also.

obajoey:
Who has received admission decision from Western Illinois University for Fall 2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 7:39am On Mar 23, 2021
Rudy23:
Hi everyone, after securing admission and getting your i20 , from the school; what are the next steps to take and which fees am I expected to pay?
hi. you'll pay the sevis fee, & visa application fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2021
Martinogie9:
Wow. Mine today makes it two weeks, (ten working days. What could be the cause of the delay? I submitted on the 5th of March and got a response on the 9th of March that I'll get the digitally signed I20 in the next 3 business days. But till now nothing. What do you suggest? Do I mail them?

I believe you should mail them, it’s already two weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 7:46am On Mar 23, 2021
Thanks I've done so.
PotentialNurse:

I believe you should mail them, it’s already two weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by durosegun(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2021
Good morning all. Please is it possible for me to get admission and funding in a US school with my profile: GPA 3.82/5.0 and GRE score of 303 Quant (153) and Verbal (150). I have paid for WES evaluation but NASU strike in OAU is stalling the process. I will greatly appreciate your inputs and suggestions regarding schools I can apply to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2021
Please what date did you apply?

Kuwtify90:
They only sent me a mail requesting for my documents.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightning360: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2021
durosegun:
Good morning all. Please is it possible for me to get admission and funding in a US school with my profile: GPA 3.82/5.0 and GRE score of 303 Quant (153) and Verbal (150). I have paid for WES evaluation but NASU strike in OAU is stalling the process. I will greatly appreciate your inputs and suggestions regarding schools I can apply to.

I had same issue with UI but a guy on NL helped me get it within 2 weeks. Those NASU staff do skeletal work and only treat cases of people they know or those wey get connections. I paid him though, you can explore that option

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by durosegun(m): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2021
Lightning360:
Which program are you going for, which session are you Targeting?
Have you received mails from various school by now, or you didn't sign up for the ETS somewhat Bio section....

Try these schools....... But am not certain if any of them is Reg flag.
1 Bentley
2 NYU
3 Northeastern U

These are Sch I received their mail inviting me to apply for their program...... but I don't know if they offer funding.....

So Pls gurus in the house, how do you guys see this schools, moreover my GRE score is 300. Thinking on Rewriting....
UG 3.6/4.0 unofficial wes.
No publications... Only UG project..
No TOEfl yet...
Little grad internship.
Am considering MS/PhD in Industrial Engineering...

Also am looking forward to Fall 2022...
So guys any input will be highly appreciated.

Cc lagosismyhome, Time2win, Twoods, Walspring, fairheart, bigfrancis21.....anyone

My program of interest is M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering with focus in Energy System Engineering/Renewable Energy and I am looking at Fall and Spring 2021 admissions as there are schools that are still taking applications. I got admission last spring at Louisiana State University Lafayette but couldn't secure funding. So I want to ensure I get concrete info before applying to schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2021
Archaeology_Anthropology_Classics Assistantship in the US

See the word document attached below for the links

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.