Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654221 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
Looool. We are all in the same category boss. I am also checking. You can check like 5 times or so in a day before you won’t be able to check again for that day.

Next day you go again. Sorry for late response.

princetx:

Good evening. No vex ooo.
You said we should just be checking for dates, right? No vex, where do we check for this date?
The last time I checked twice on my portal, I was warned that my portal will be BLOCKED if I continue checking. How else should we continue to check for dates please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
Abiyo13:
Good Day Professionals,
I had an offer with a AU for Summer semester which is May 2022 with merit award of 12k for first and second year 12k base on condition of maintain good CGPA. My COA is 36k. My questions now is I have not receive i-20 and have not fill DS-160.

Although the Grad coordinator still send me a mail that we are going to have orientation by May 05/2022. Will I still be able to meet up before May 5, what can u suggest for me?

Second questions. I want to ask if the details I filled in my DS 160 in year 2017 for visit visa, must i still fill the same information example like where I stated I was working then? Can I fill another information there or not possible.

Third questions: I worked outside Nigeria before but now am back to Nigeria. Then I want apply for Student Visa. Can I tell the VO am working in a school in Nigeria since my Master program is Master of Art and Teaching, Early childhood. but the place am working before is Hospitality industry which is not correlate with my master program any red flag to that.

1. It’s when you get your i20 you would know if you can meet up. So, do you best to get your i20 in and on time. The meeting up is the even the Visa interview date availability, nothing really; you even would have the option to use Emergency date request, If you still can’t meet up, it wouldn’t be a biggie ish, you would just DEFER your Summer admission to FALL (August/September), Then continue to date search.

2. Yeah, some of the things you filled then would have to be the same. E.g like the work you’re talking about, I mean you can’t ‘UN WORK’. Yeah, you can stop working in a place and get a new place, but you can’t say you’ve work somewhere and now you’re saying you didn’t work there before.
Other basic things can change; be change and add-on. Like, new address, new mobile number, traveling history, new work, marital status, new social account etc.

3. Just make SURE you fill what aligns with what you STUDIED (undergraduate) and what you’re going to STUDY (Msc or Phd) and maybe your current work place. It’s best bet when they align.

Don’t forget to make all the new changes you’re about to make in your new ds160 on the social media account you’re to filled in.

You get?
Be SMART and PLAY your CARD WELL.

Goodluck Champ!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Saltome: 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
Also waiting on Utah. Good luck to us.. God will see us through..
quinstershaw:
Good afternoon. Please have anyone received Admissions decision from University of Utah?
Also, has anyone received funding decisions from Michigan Tech?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by West0099: 11:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Tinafusty:

Is it Lagos?

Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festy8: 12:12am On Mar 18, 2022
Garbia:

Yes I did and was given admission. They said they will let me know on funding by March. MA Art

When did you apply and how long did it take to get admission decision?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbiey: 5:30am On Mar 18, 2022
[/color] *Good morning dear all, please kindly spare some time to help review this, my interview is next week.*��

First Interview (December 1, 2021 – surge date)
Lagos
Both F1 & F2
Full funding (61k plus) covers for both of us (58k plus) with excess (3k plus)
N.B: There was massive denial. More than 12 people before us were denied

*F1 & F2:* Good morning ma. Happy New Month (She probably didn’t hear this).
*V.O:* Good morning. Pass your documents (we did). Which of you is the student? I pointed to my husband. V.O turns to him. Why are you going to the U.S.
*F1:* To have my M.Sc in Engineering Education at University of Georgia.
*V.O:* How did you get this funding?
*F1:* I got it through my excellent performance in the series of rigorous selection process that included evaluation of my SOP, CV, my academic profile as well as series of interviews with the school’s faculty members.
*V.O:* What’s your plan after studies?
*F1:* I will be coming back to Nigeria to take up the role of the Regional Head of Dept. in my place of work. I also have a pending project with GLOBACOM which I will be back to implement and complete. On the long term I intend to set up my own Engineering Educational Institute in my locality here in Nigeria.
*V.O:* Where do you work?
*F1:* Nigerian Tulip Int’l College where I teach Science subjects to senior secondary students.
[V.O keeps typing but not concentrating on what she was typing, she kept looking at me with some kind of surprise in her face- maybe due to my small stature and baby face, she wasn’t just seeing a married woman]
She turns to me (F2)
*V.O:* Are you his wife?
*F2:* Yes
*V.O:* For how long have you been married?
*F2:* 6 months. We got married this year on the 2nd of June.
*V.O:* How long have you been in a relationship
*F2:* [Didn’t know what to answer. Should I say 2012, because we’ve been friends since then, but we just got engaged that same year, January. We do short courtship in our church….]
*F1 comes to the rescue:* 2012
*V.O:* So, why are you just getting married this year?
*F1:* I just got a good job last year and started plans on my marriage.
*V.O:* How much is your monthly pay? [F1 says the pay] Do you have any evidence of your relationship before marriage?
*F1 & F2:* Not here. We only brought our wedding pictures.
*V.O:* I don’t need that (she said it twice). Do you have any proof of your marriage apart from the pictures?
*F2:* Yes. Brings out marriage Certificate and gives to her.
*V.O:* Do you understand that if this document is found false, you will be prosecuted, do you want to take that risk? Do you really?
*F2:* [In my mind, I’m like, e gba mi ke? I was a bit turned off] It’s not false we’re truly married
*F2:* I volunteer at spot-on…. (V.O cuts in)
*V.O:* Why is that? Why is that? [I guess because she saw Masters in Public Health as my Highest Degree]
[So, I just didn’t know what to say again, I was fed up]
Then, she gave my husband the white paper. As she picked the blue paper, the tongues I was jejely speaking inside me just leaked out through my lips.
She looked at me and said, do you know I’m hearing you? (I said, Oh, I’m sorry about that)
She gave me the blue paper and told me to re-apply.

[N.B: We filled our DS-160 by ourselves and all info I gave about my marriage, relationship, work, everything is 100% true and corresponds with DS-160]

Another thing worthy of note is that I was busy preparing for my husband’s interview all along (his busy schedule didn’t allow him time to prepare. So, I did all the preparation for him and tutored him on strategies to answer all the questions).
I also did a little preparation for myself, but I never expected that kind of rigorous drilling for an F2.

But I hope to do better in my next interview (next week)��[color=#990000]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbiey: 5:31am On Mar 18, 2022
[/color]*Proposed Transcript for my Next Interview (In a few days time)*
Abuja

*F2:* Good morning sir
*V.O:* Good morning. Pass your documents. (Done) Why are you going to the U.S?
*F2:* To join my husband Mr. Kehinde Dada who is currently a graduate student at the University of Georgia.
*F2:* 10 months. Our church wedding was on 29th May, 2021, while the registry was on 2nd June, 2021
*V.O:* What has changed since your last interview?
*F2:* I have moved from volunteer role in my place of work to an Academic instructor role, doubling as an Admin staff in the same place of work.
*V.O:* I can see he is doing a Masters in that school, can’t you just wait 2 years?
*F2:* Actually, his major is Engineering Education, and the duration is 3 years that is going to be a long time physical and emotional separation as a young couple like us, this will negatively affect our marriage. I miss him so much already. We talk for hours and hours every day just to keep up with the emotional bond.
-Secondly, as a research assistant with lots of projects to work on, he is also expected to maintain a good CGPA in order to continue with his funding for the entire period of his study. I want to be with him to provide him with all the necessary physical, emotional and moral support he needs to be able to achieve this. I don’t want his mind to be divided between his studies, house chores and wife who is back at home.
*V.O:* What is his stipend like?
*F2:* 24k in a year
*V.O:* Where does he live?
*F2:* 312, Walters Hall Drive, Athens.
*V.O:* What do you at work?
*F2:* -As a Science Instructor, I teach Mathematics and Basic Science to students, preparing them for competitions and external examinations. I also assist in training Science teachers on the use of Technology in teaching Science Subjects
-As an Admin Staff, I assist in scheduling Science trainings for both students and teachers. I do mail correspondence and other secretariat duties in the Science department.
*V.O:*How much are you being paid monthly?
*F2:* 90k
*V.O* How long have you been working there?
*F2:* It will be 2 years by June.
*V.O:* What is the staff strength?
*F2:* 32 staff members (both academic and non-academic)
*V.O:* For how long do you intend to stay with your husband?
*F2:* I want to stay with him for the whole duration of his studies. I have an understanding with my employer concerning this.
*V.O:* So, what things will you be doing for that whole period?
*F2:* -Helping him follow through with his study plan; reminders.
-Keeping him mentally healthy ; excercising together, good dieting
-Keeping him psychologically fit and healthy.
-Emotional satisfaction and regular communication.

*V.O:* Okay, I will be approving your VISA….
*F2:* Thank you sir!

*N.B* I will be going with the only 2 pictures we had during our short courtship. He was in Lagos, I in Abuja.[color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ladson: 6:49am On Mar 18, 2022
Good morning this morning great people.

My COA is 29000(Tuition,other fees, my own living expenses and my wife living expenses) no any other dependant.... Funding (GRA 44000)

My question is...Do I need to present any statement of account, most especially for my wife?

Although her own expenses(5000) has been added to my COA.

Also when can I print the SOA if it's needed?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 6:56am On Mar 18, 2022
Debbiey:
[/color] *Good morning dear all, please kindly spare some time to help review this, my interview is next week.*��

Lagos
Both F1 & F2

*V.O:* Good morning. Pass your documents (we did). Which of you is the student? I pointed to my husband. V.O turns to him. Why are you going to the U.S.
*F1:* I got it through my excellent performance in the series of rigorous selection process that included evaluation of my SOP, CV, my academic profile as well as series of interviews with the school’s faculty members.
*F1:* I will be coming back to Nigeria to take up the role of the Regional Head of Dept. in my place of work. I also have a pending project with GLOBACOM which I will be back to implement and complete. On the long term I intend to set up my own Engineering Educational Institute in my locality here in Nigeria.
*F1:* Nigerian Tulip Int’l College where I teach Science subjects to senior secondary students.
[V.O keeps typing but not concentrating on what she was typing, she kept looking at me with some kind of surprise in her face- maybe due to my small stature and baby face, she wasn’t just seeing a married woman]
She turns to me (F2)
*F2:* [Didn’t know what to answer. Should I say 2012, because we’ve been friends since then, but we just got engaged that same year, January. We do short courtship in our church….]
*V.O:* How much is your monthly pay? [F1 says the pay] Do you have any evidence of your relationship before marriage?
*V.O:* I don’t need that (she said it twice). Do you have any proof of your marriage apart from the pictures?
*V.O:* Do you understand that if this document is found false, you will be prosecuted, do you want to take that risk? Do you really?
*F2:* [In my mind, I’m like, e gba mi ke? I was a bit turned off] It’s not false we’re truly married
*V.O:* Why is that? Why is that? [I guess because she saw Masters in Public Health as my Highest Degree]
Then, she gave my husband the white paper. As she picked the blue paper, the tongues I was jejely speaking inside me just leaked out through my lips.
She looked at me and said, do you know I’m hearing you? (I said, Oh, I’m sorry about that)

[N.B: We filled our DS-160 by ourselves and all info I gave about my marriage, relationship, work, everything is 100% true and corresponds with DS-160]

Another thing worthy of note is that I was busy preparing for my husband’s interview all along (his busy schedule didn’t allow him time to prepare. So, I did all the preparation for him and tutored him on strategies to answer all the questions).
I also did a little preparation for myself, but I never expected that kind of rigorous drilling for an F2.

Debbiey:

Lagos
Both F1 & F2

She turns to me (F2)

Eyaa,thank God for your hubby.

I wish you luck this time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 7:03am On Mar 18, 2022
Debbiey:
[/color]*Proposed Transcript for my Next Interview (In a few days time)*
Abuja

*F2:* Good morning sir
*V.O:* Good morning. Pass your documents. (Done) Why are you going to the U.S?
*F2:* To join my husband Mr. Kehinde Dada who is currently a graduate student at the University of Georgia.
*F2:* 10 months. Our church wedding was on 29th May, 2021, while the registry was on 2nd June, 2021
*V.O:* What has changed since your last interview?
*F2:* I have moved from volunteer role in my place of work to an Academic instructor role, doubling as an Admin staff in the same place of work.
*V.O:* I can see he is doing a Masters in that school, can’t you just wait 2 years?
*F2:* Actually, his major is Engineering Education, and the duration is 3 years that is going to be a long time physical and emotional separation as a young couple like us, this will negatively affect our marriage. I miss him so much already. We talk for hours and hours every day just to keep up with the emotional bond.
-Secondly, as a research assistant with lots of projects to work on, he is also expected to maintain a good CGPA in order to continue with his funding for the entire period of his study. I want to be with him to provide him with all the necessary physical, emotional and moral support he needs to be able to achieve this. I don’t want his mind to be divided between his studies, house chores and wife who is back at home.
*V.O:* What is his stipend like?
*F2:* 24k in a year
*V.O:* Where does he live?
*F2:* 312, Walters Hall Drive, Athens.
*V.O:* What do you at work?
*F2:* -As a Science Instructor, I teach Mathematics and Basic Science to students, preparing them for competitions and external examinations. I also assist in training Science teachers on the use of Technology in teaching Science Subjects
-As an Admin Staff, I assist in scheduling Science trainings for both students and teachers. I do mail correspondence and other secretariat duties in the Science department.
*V.O:*How much are you being paid monthly?
*F2:* 90k
*V.O* How long have you been working there?
*F2:* It will be 2 years by June.
*V.O:* What is the staff strength?
*F2:* 32 staff members (both academic and non-academic)
*V.O:* For how long do you intend to stay with your husband?
*F2:* I want to stay with him for the whole duration of his studies. I have an understanding with my employer concerning this.
*V.O:* So, what things will you be doing for that whole period?
*F2:* -Helping him follow through with his study plan; reminders.
-Keeping him mentally healthy ; excercising together, good dieting
-Keeping him psychologically fit and healthy.
-Emotional satisfaction and regular communication.

*V.O:* Okay, I will be approving your VISA….
*F2:* Thank you sir!

*N.B* I will be going with the only 2 pictures we had during our short courtship. He was in Lagos, I in Abuja.[color=#990000]

Is it not better you go with your wedding pictures also?.

Again, saying that you will stay with your husband all through his study years just to support him,,,hmmm.Check well o if it's advisable to say so,meanwhile I hope you hear from the gurus here cos I maybe wrong though.

I wish you luck Debbiey
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:37am On Mar 18, 2022
Ladson:
Good morning this morning great people.

My COA is 29000(Tuition,other fees, my own living expenses and my wife living expenses) no any other dependant.... Funding (GRA 44000)

My question is...Do I need to present any statement of account, most especially for my wife?

Although her own expenses(5000) has been added to my COA.

Also when can I print the SOA if it's needed?

Thanks
No need for SOA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 7:45am On Mar 18, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

Have you gotten? If no, what's your email, so I can send the few samples I have?
please can you send me some samples. emilybdavis56@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LG1996(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=Helkayklassic post=111129653]Looool. We are all in the same category boss. I am also checking. You can check like 5 times or so in a day before you won’t be able to check again for that day.

keep checking my Brother, we are in the same category........
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiomaugwu(f): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2022
I would also like to know please. I've been trying to book an appointment but the site seems slow or so.i need help
babsray:

You can get your interview before resumption, the only thing is you cant enter the US earlier than 30days before your program start date.

Please kindly tell me how you were able to get a early date in March for your interview.
I am also trying to apply against the fall resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2022
Lagos or Abuja and did you scheduled a date available before applying for EA
West0099:

I did that last week lol mine just got approved wish me luck going 24th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shyneb: 10:53am On Mar 18, 2022
copy this email in this format

Subject:Please help me create cgifederal account from your end

Good day,

Please I’m unable to create an account, i have been getting an error message.

I would be happy if you can help me to create a cgifederal account so i can schedule an appointment..

i have attached the error message to this
email..

Thanks!.

Send it to this address.support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

They will reply within few minutes with a username and password. You'll just go ahead and change the password
Note: Attach the screenshot of the error message you got

princessademide:
Please how do I book visa interview date as I tried signing up as new user on the page and it’s not going through

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 10:58am On Mar 18, 2022
Is it through email or from the portal you applied for EA
West0099:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by West0099: 10:59am On Mar 18, 2022
Rzq009:
Lagos or Abuja and did you scheduled a date available before applying for EA

Abuja

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiomaugwu(f): 11:10am On Mar 18, 2022
Amen! I affirm!
May we see 90% of visa approvals this year!

Affirm Yes, Amen or Amin

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2022
Pls did I need to schedule any available date before I can apply for a EA on my dashboard because I can’t see Emergency application in my dashboard.

Because my school resumes 12may and no available date in Lagos, I sent EA request mail since last week Friday no reply till now although I haven’t scheduled any date in Lagos yet.

I need your advise,
Thank you all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rzq009: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2022
Best of luck
West0099:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abidemi90: 11:31am On Mar 18, 2022
Admin well done for the great job u are doing here

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiomaugwu(f): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2022
This was indeed helpful.
Thanks a lot!
shyneb:
copy this email in this format

Subject:Please help me create cgifederal account from your end

Good day,

Please I’m unable to create an account, i have been getting an error message.

I would be happy if you can help me to create a cgifederal account so i can schedule an appointment..

i have attached the error message to this
email..

Thanks!.

Send it to this address.support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

They will reply within few minutes with a username and password. You'll just go ahead and change the password
Note: Attach the screenshot of the error message you got

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Impeccable422: 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Festy8:
Anyone who applied for Eastern illinois university fall 22 here?

I did. Got admitted but no decision on funding yet. You?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Impeccable422: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Garbia:

Yes I did and was given admission. They said they will let me know on funding by March. MA Art

When did you apply please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cole82(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Anyone gotten admission decision for Masters of social work or any other program stating fall Sept from Salem State University in Massachusetts.
Below is the receipt letter for my graduate assistantship from Salem

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babsray: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Please is anyone able to get a date for interview in Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=Abiyo13 post=111142283][/quote]

- No docs would be required to show.

- I don’t really know your profile, so can’t advise about your F1-F2.
But the general bet is ‘them’ coming over later time, especially when the F1 ain’t fully funded or have excess funding FROM THE SCHOOL.
But still the is USA; what work for this; might not work for that, what’s hard for this; can be easy for that.

In all, Just PACKAGE well.
Luck!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Debbiey:

Lagos
Both F1 & F2

She turns to me (F2)

You almost had this, it is well. I am concerned about your proposed interview transcript cos you seem to be focusing on job while it would seem to me that the whole thing went south because VO doubted the marriage. Send me a msg here on Nairaland, need to drop some tips with you before the next interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hello , I got a date in December and was advised to cancelled cos my resumption is in August. Now , If don't get a date before August, can o still be able to apply for EA.
Please, advise.

Helkayklassic:
Looool. We are all in the same category boss. I am also checking. You can check like 5 times or so in a day before you won’t be able to check again for that day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.