Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644265 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thecvbankng: 2:24am On Mar 21, 2022
TWoods:

This is disappointing. You have a chemical engineering BSc, why arent you trying for a masters in chemical engineering in better schools? You have a shot at easily getting a visa with that IMO.

6 chemical engineering (MSc) admissions. 0 funding. 9+ PhD applications, all love letters. Moreover I cannot start any applications now for fall, do not intend to either. Want to work with what I have.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temitayo3930: 2:28am On Mar 21, 2022
please guys, kindly assist on this��
temitayo3930:
Hello everyone, Thanks for the good job here.
kindly assist please
I want to book F2 visa Interview for myself and children, without F1(left) for USA, after filling DS 160 for myself and children, I want to schedule visa Interview for myself then add children to mine but I couldn't with this message showing when I want to save dependents"Operation with inactive user"

what those this means please or how can i schedule Interview for myself and children?
Thank You.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 3:24am On Mar 21, 2022
Thecvbankng:

6 chemical engineering (MSc) admissions. 0 funding. 9+ PhD applications, all love letters. Moreover I cannot start any applications now for fall, do not intend to either. Want to work with what I have.

Did you take the GRE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timaiko: 4:22am On Mar 21, 2022
Hello beautiful people,

What would you advise to be used as a strong home ties, if I'm not applying from Nigeria.
Will the compulsory Youth service count too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ladson: 6:24am On Mar 21, 2022

Do you have programming skills?
What research interests are you presenting?
You need to sell yourself.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwaugo: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2022
TWoods:

You're not the Visa Officer, so how did you know with all certainty that those who were denied met the immigration criteria? Are you privy to the VOs' notes?

What he said is correct, I know some people that have all the requirements and their visa was denied. Some of these denial was because of some forces that is following them which they don't know anything about it, it may be the idols their father and their grandfather worship but due to the fact they are Christians they don't worship them, the idol can be the forces because it need the meat that their father and their grandfather are killing for them when they are alive.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2022
freezy4me:

Are you proceeding with your admission? If yes let's connect please cos I got admitted for same course
My wife was admitted to the same program. Can I send a DM?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2022
oluzdreamz:
Hi guys, I’ve been a silent participant on here, great job from everyone for all the insights, tips and ideas being shared at all times. So I got this offer from Ball State University. A 50% tuition remission and GAship which makes my tuition instate...the stipend makes a lot of sense though, I wish I had a full tuition waiver though, what do you think bout it?
I hope you know the stipend will be around $650-700/month after tax? In all, it is better than nothing, you should take it if you don't have any other better offer. All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2022
Ijchichi5190:
Please who will help me with GRE materials and how to go about it please,I do not know anything about it atall.Help please

I plan to write it and its kinda urgent.

Thank you

You can DM me for a compiled list of GRE materials. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2022
Ijchichi5190:
I have another question please.Howong does it take to do WES evaluation of transcript,for those that have done it.

I graduated from Uniben. My transcript is ready already,just the WES evaluation.

Thank you
If what you mean by "my transcript is ready already" is a copy of your transcript you have with you, then WES won't accept that. The transcript has to come from uniben directly to WES

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2022
LagosismyHome:

TWood smiley cheesy grin...I trust you on this comment.

I hail ooo. Good to still spy you here
I knew TWoods was gonna rush him for making that statement grin grin He no waste time at all.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2022
dreambigg:
Good evening everyone,
I am new here and I feel alone because I got no response on my first post. I have another question and I hope this one get a response:

I have a PhD offer with full ride and stipend. Now I am married with a child who is in SS3 (I had him before my marriage).

Although no mention has been made of visa type but I am almost certain it would be F1. My child on F2 visa would mean no study for the duration of 5 years I would be studying.

Now, I am considering sending a message to my supervisor to sponsor me on a J1 visa so that my child would have the opportunity of moving forward with his life (University) while I study.

NOTE: I meet all the requirement for a J1 since I got a full funding with stipend from the school (Based on what is on their website).

Do you think I should go ahead with the question or would I appear ungrateful? I am really confused, please I need suggestions.

I don't know if you have gotten any response for this, but let me add my 2 cents.

You are going for your PhD program which will most likely be 4/5/6yrs, that's alot of time. Your child is in SS3, cool. How about you allow him finish high school here in Nigeria, take his WAEC, then he can apply for F2 to come join you.

The J-1 Visa category is for exchange students mostly on short programs, it doesn't suit your 4/5/6yrs PhD program timeframe. Think about it. All the best sir.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abdomox: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2022
Please any WhatsApp or Telegram group for F1 visa date openings?

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2022
Thecvbankng:

Hmm I'm particular about the 9+ PhD applications with all love letters. How exactly does your profile looks like?? George Washington University partially fund MSc chemical engineering sha. You can't have a strong course without making your profile competitive.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by philip2014(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2022
There's a fundamental issue with your applications,
probably choice of schools, our someone is applying for you, or your SOP.
Ladson:

Do you have programming skills?
What research interests are you presenting?
You need to sell yourself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Garbia: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2022
Festy8:
It is a fine school,very convenient for learning and other hussle

You said you applied April 27,we are not in April yet

Sorry, I meant 27th Feb, admission info 4th March
Ok that makes me feel better. I’m
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2022
Chegzyco:
Good day to my bosses,
Please, I applied for USA study visa in Nigeria which I was denied, I later process another country in Europe to study which am done with the study now. But I want to proceed my education in USA. I want to apply for USA study visa from Europe, my question now is; in my DS160, do I need to state that I have been denied before or it doesn't need since am applying from another country?

Someone told me my Nigeria record won't count if I want to apply from Europe. Please how true is that?

Yes you have to state that you have been denied, not just because it’s the right thing to do but because it is accessible to every visa officer including the one in Afghanistan because of your unique identifier (finger print).

That portion where you are asked to explain why you were denied can be a blessing in disguise if you know how to use it.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chegzyco: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2022
God bless you. Please what is the best thing to put for the reason I was denied, since the embassy don’t tell the reason for the refusal? I was denied 3 times before I found my way down to Europe. Please kindly help

cutelass:

Yes you have to state that you have been denied, not just because it’s the right thing to do but because it is accessible to every visa officer including the one in Afghanistan because of your unique identifier (finger print).

That portion where you are asked to explain why you were denied can be a blessing in disguise if you know how to use it.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2022
Iamhighbee70777:

Lol grace is not by religion or nationality…you have to go through transcripts on here and you see that interviews at times can be beyond criteria just being met, for instance the below

I want to wish everyone of us a successful outing at any embassy. It's not easy but with luck and favour from our creator, we will pull through. Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other.

Here is my transcript.

First attempt
COA: $37,248
Funding: $35,052
Deficit: $2200

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning.

VO: let's start with you biometrics.
Me: okay. I placed my fingers and all were captured.

VO: Thank you
VO: So you are going to Tennessee technological university for you masters program in chemistry right?
Me: Yes

VO: What do you intend to do after the program
Me: I intend to return back to Nigeria(VO cuts on)

VO: please speak up.
Me: now in louder voice - I intend to come back to Nigeria (VO cuts in)

VO: congratulations, I will be approving your visa, take this white paper to guide you in collection process, congratulations to you
Me: Thank you.

Even though I believed that my DS-160 was well detailed,I still need no one to tell me that I was lucky today.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by twoangel: 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Thecvbankng:

Please don't relent. Ways you could get funding.
First, Mail the program coordinator of each school and explain to them that you need funding. Second, you can still get advisor that will offer you teaching assistant or research assistant position. Mail prospective advisor that you already have admission offer. Please don't limit yourself to one particular research. Have a wide range of research option. Lastly, school advertise administrative job that also over tuition fee and living expenses in US. Search for the job advertisement web page of schools that offer you admission, they usually post jobs regularly. I am optimistic that you will get one. Insha Allah

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princessademide: 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
I need help with a list of universities with application fee waiver and also waive English proficiency exams for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
Chegzyco:
God bless you. Please what is the best thing to put for the reason I was denied, since the embassy don’t tell the reason for the refusal? I was denied 3 times before I found my way down to Europe. Please kindly help

Was the three denials for same F1 (say M.Sc.)
Is ur program in Europe M.Sc
Have you completed the Europe program
Are you now going for Ph.d

You can write “the visa officer was not convinced I was a genuine student. However, I have now gone ahead to obtain M.Sc. in …I desire to undergo my Ph.d in US and research on….This will position me to take on the role of … (this will position me to establish …..)on my return to Nigeria”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
princessademide:
I need help with a list of universities with application fee waiver and also waive English proficiency exams for Nigeria

Sis, there is no short cut as such.

First pick your course: say M.Sc (Chemistry)

Google M.Sc Chemistry in US.

As the schools pop out, you take them one after the other (open in new window) so original search window can still be open. Check for admission requirements for each school (if they waive app fee), write down the name of the school or if app fee is relatively affordable like $30 else you close the window and move to the next one

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nutshell44:
Hello everyone,

Wow I have been looking for this thread for a long time, I use to be a part of this thread about 5 years ago before I got my visa to come to the US. I came here on a student visa back then and I learnt so much from this thread.
I see people talking about grace, yes there’s grace but without preparation and confidence grace wont come into place.
Some of my friends have been able to make it here with my help and I always tell them preparation is key.you can pray about it but also be prepared.
first Do you know everything about the school you are going to ? Do you know about the course curriculum? Can you answer questions in a concise manner when the VO ask you? Trust me when I say there’s no magic in this visa thing, once you can convince the VO that you are a genuine student then you already have a 90% chance.

Also, some people just choose to ignore the red flags in their application. Example. You are already in your 30s and you just want to go for a bachelors degree in the US. You will most likely be denied this is because the VO has seen a lot of 19 years olds and 20 year olds going for bachelors and 25 years olds already going for masters/PhD . So why is a 30 year old just going for bachelors, what has he been doing? Sometime you have to think for the VO and ask yourself “ if I’m the VO will I give this person the visa”
Please people research about the school and the course you are going to study. I wish everybody luck in their endeavors.

Hmm. Im 22years can I apply as an Undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2022

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please, is there a WhatsApp group for Abuja applicants waiting for dates?

Please, share if there's any. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temmytope20003(m): 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2022
Anyone who applied for Kent state university fall 22 here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamhighbee70777: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2022
krcboy:
Just started a consultation with Argo Visa , if you guys are not familiar with them they are ex visa officers. Anyways I was given this free pdf incase any one needs and Also will be sharing whatever I learn from them with this thread.

Kindly check your email

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
If anyone needs a genuine link of someone to help you process your admission into schools in the U.S ,u can dm me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
Tinafusty:
If anyone needs a genuine link of someone to help you process your admission into schools in the U.S ,u can dm me

for fall 22?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ADEX0123: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
Good Afternoon everyone, pls I applied for emergency date since 3weeks ago but did nt get any reply. Though I applied for a date in July cos my school resume September. Pls what could have been d problem? Kindly help me if u know what I can do to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.