Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645088 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Theflint1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
Will be difficult getting funding this Fall but you can try Jackson State University next fall.
favch:
Good day house.

It seems like this thread is majorly for graduate students, just an observation thou

I need help and advice pls. I'm an undergraduate student

I got accepted into university of Colorado but I don't have funding, I've applied for need aid but I'm yet to get a reply from the school.

I'm thinking of cancelling the admission as my parents aren't Willing to fund my education

I'm also thinking of getting international student loan but I don't have a US consigner.
Is there also anyway I can get funding for my education?

Can anyone refer schools with full funding here pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

Sent. The drive contains other prep materials and apps for other standardized tests too

Goodluck

please kindly send GRE prep materials to me also.
jamesontop1989@gmail.com
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cleod: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello guys , i got admitted for MBA in to south Dakota university, i am using my company as sponsor. I have a first degree in accounting and worked for over 10years. But i am still single with ni travel history. What do you think are my chances.

For those asking for funding i contacted mpower and they give loan without cosignor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
apply to marshall university you might get TA and a 100% fee waiver with a stipend trust me.
Let me blow your mind no GRE , IELTS and no result evaluation.

SpatialKing:
I finally saw my IEITS Listening 5.5, reading 6.5, writing 5.5, speaking 8.0 and my overall band score is 6.5.
A graduated with a 2nd class lower (CGPA 2.98) in Mathematics. Kindly recommend any university in the USA that would admit me for masters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
nothing look for another date
Beelkiz:
Hello nairalanders,

I got an email that my appointment was cancelled in Abuja for Wednesday.What must have gone wrong?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cincolaze(f): 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
Good evening everyone, please I need someone to send me a sample of how personal statements and statement of purpose looks like. I need to see a format to write mine. My email address is olamidetnk@gmail.com Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Get F2 I20 for them from is school
pay visa application fees
apply for visa
go for interview
if visa is issued off they go

phillip2:
Hello fam!!

I trust youre all having a great day.. please I really need your candid advice. My bro secured a fully funded PHD admission in the USA for this upcoming fall 2022 semester. He's married with 2kids. Please what's the best way they can all travel to the US. Note: he going first to prepare for his wife and kids to come over is out of the picture,not an option for the wife,she nor won hear that one.

So that's why I came here to seek for step by step process in achieving they get the Visa and they can all go together.. thanks, I await positive and useful advice from my NL fam

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
get a new appointment fast. this happened to a lot of us too last year.
mine for April was canceled too and I got a new one for May.
The more time you waste closer dates will be filling fast.
Beelkiz:

�‍♀️ please what's the way forward. Can we talk privately.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
fill a new one with Abuja and update it on your profile
LG1996:
Good afternoon to the great minds in the house. please I need someone to help me out, am a bit confused. I choose Abuja embassy for interview, but on my DS160 comfirmation page, I saw Lagos as the selected location. please what do I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Abdomox:

Expedite it. You qualified since March 9

Thanks so much,

I was denied Emergency request cos my admission previously was for Spring 2022 so I requested for expedition last year and I was granted Dec 1st 2021 at Abuja embassy, my visa was denied so I deferred my admission to summer 2022. Now there's no closer available date and I got a reply from the embassy after requesting for emergency again that they cannot grant emergency for the person that was denied of visa of recent thats why I was looking for another way to get an appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
philip2014:
Apply for Emergency application ASAP. Hope you have paid for sevis.

Yes I have paid for SEVIS. Thanks so much for your alert.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
Erudite77:
Hi,

Hope you're doing fine.

If one's grad cord advised that one reach out to him for a Gra/TAship at a particular time, how do you think one should tailor the email?

Already drafted a captivating email. But your advice will go a long way towards achieving my goals.

Thanks.

There's no need to be overly perturbed.
Depending on your previous discussion, I'll advise you to be direct, lucid, and hit the nail on the head with respect to what your interest and passion are, as well as what you and can offer in his lab. You do not need to know the critical details of the work in the lab- The big picture should do.

Most likely, he has a GRA slot for you. So, portary yourself as someone who does not only have the fundamental requirement but strongly willing to learn. Also, let him know what you've been involved in, in the past. Do not forget to attach your CV and any supporting documents.

He might want to set up an interview with you,that should be a game changer.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
cincolaze:
Good evening everyone, please I need someone to send me a sample of how personal statements and statement of purpose looks like. I need to see a format to write mine. My email address is olamidetnk@gmail.com Thank you in anticipation.

You can also use google to get this samples/templates. PDF copies can be downloaded.

https://templatelab.com/statement-of-purpose/
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dafuturis(m): 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello,

For five days today, I've been trying to register on the US visa site so I can apply for a visa but I've been getting this ERROR response.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something am not doing?? Pls help!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
Schrodinger2:

There's no need to be overly perturbed.
Depending on your previous discussion, I'll advise you to be direct, lucid, and hit the nail on the head with respect to what your interest and passion are, as well as what you and can offer in his lab. You do not need to know the critical details of the work in the lab- The big picture should do.

Most likely, he has a GRA slot for you. So, portary yourself as someone who does not only have the fundamental requirement but strongly willing to learn. Also, let him know what you've been involved in, in the past. Do not forget to attach your CV and any supporting documents.

He might want to set up an interview with you,that should be a game changer.

Thank you for this wonderful advice!

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

Sent. The drive contains volumnuos prep materials and apps essential for other standardized tests too.
please can you also send me prep materials for the gre, gmat and other standardized tests emilybdavis56@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Treyknowles(m): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
chibertha:
apply to marshall university you might get TA and a 100% fee waiver with a stipend trust me.

Hello, please what about engineering courses, do they get tuition waivers too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cole82(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
Gentlelord:

How did you go about the Transcript processing in Uniben Chief?
first of all register with your email with WES and pay with your Dollar MasterCard then reference number will be generated for you. Take that reference number and attach it with the transcript that's to be sent to WES.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
chibertha:

The people are funny. I requested that they give me app waiver but they declined.

They're expecting me to pay $150. Lol.

After all the app fees other schools had 'swallowed'.

No be juju be that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
Iamhighbee70777:

Lol grace is not by religion or nationality…you have to go through transcripts on here and you see that interviews at times can be beyond criteria just being met, for instance the below

I want to wish everyone of us a successful outing at any embassy. It's not easy but with luck and favour from our creator, we will pull through. Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other.

Here is my transcript.

First attempt
COA: $37,248
Funding: $35,052
Deficit: $2200

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning.

VO: let's start with you biometrics.
Me: okay. I placed my fingers and all were captured.

VO: Thank you
VO: So you are going to Tennessee technological university for you masters program in chemistry right?
Me: Yes

VO: What do you intend to do after the program
Me: I intend to return back to Nigeria(VO cuts on)

VO: please speak up.
Me: now in louder voice - I intend to come back to Nigeria (VO cuts in)

VO: congratulations, I will be approving your visa, take this white paper to guide you in collection process, congratulations to you
Me: Thank you.

Even though I believed that my DS-160 was well detailed,I still need no one to tell me that I was lucky today.
see grace, God. Congratulations

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olayinka1230(m): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
Highbee

Congratulations I tap from the success
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
oluzdreamz:
Hi guys, I’ve been a silent participant on here, great job from everyone for all the insights, tips and ideas being shared at all times. So I got this offer from Ball State University. A 50% tuition remission and GAship which makes my tuition instate...the stipend makes a lot of sense though, I wish I had a full tuition waiver though, what do you think bout it?
hello, did you do wes evaluation for ball state university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
Themaths:

You can DM me for a compiled list of GRE materials. Goodluck!
please can you help me for a compiled list of Gre materials emilybdavis56@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
favch:
Good day house.

It seems like this thread is majorly for graduate students, just an observation thou

I need help and advice pls. I'm an undergraduate student

I got accepted into university of Colorado but I don't have funding, I've applied for need aid but I'm yet to get a reply from the school.

I'm thinking of cancelling the admission as my parents aren't Willing to fund my education

I'm also thinking of getting international student loan but I don't have a US consigner.
Is there also anyway I can get funding for my education?

Can anyone refer schools with full funding here pls.
you would not be needing a co-signer if you would be applying for mpower loan or prodigy finance, but I don’t know if they provide loan for undergraduate students as well, you can confirm from them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cole82(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
dafuturis:
Hello,

For five days today, I've been trying to register on the US visa site so I can apply for a visa but I've been getting this ERROR response.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something am not doing?? Pls help!!
same here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hopefulLandlord: 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
nwaugo:

Whether you believe it or not, you can only get the visa by the grace of God, there is no perfection in the eye of the vo except his grace/luck.
Whether you believe it or not, you can get the visa without the grace of God
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hopefulLandlord: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tinafusty:

When God came for Saul in the Bible ,did he believe there is God? The Bible says the Grace of God has appeared to all men, God is the creator of every mankind, irrespective of your religion,... but that doesn't rule out the fact that you still need to have a good ds-160 and other requirements,u have to play your part and God will play his part, thanks

Yes he did. nothing in the Bible pointed to him being an atheist. He was simply a Jew who didn't believe in the good news of jesus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JennieCutie4U(f): 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wow! This is grace at work bro. I tap into it. Mine shall be this smooth and effortless too. Pls can I ask you questions concerning filling of ds-160 and how you got favourable date. Can I email you?

Lol grace is not by religion or nationality…you have to go through transcripts on here and you see that interviews at times can be beyond criteria just being met, for instance the below

I want to wish everyone of us a successful outing at any embassy. It's not easy but with luck and favour from our creator, we will pull through. Thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other.

Here is my transcript.

First attempt

VO: So you are going to Tennessee technological university for you masters program in chemistry right?

VO: congratulations, I will be approving your visa, take this white paper to guide you in collection process, congratulations to you

Even though I believed that my DS-160 was well detailed,I still need no one to tell me that I was lucky today.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JennieCutie4U(f): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wow! This is grace at work bro. I tap into it. Mine shall be this smooth and effortless too. Pls can I ask you questions concerning filling of ds-160 and how you got favourable date. Can I email you?
Iamhighbee70777:

Here is my transcript.

First attempt

Even though I believed that my DS-160 was well detailed,I still need no one to tell me that I was lucky today.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Slymdee: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
phemmyboy5:

Thanks so much,

I was denied Emergency request cos my admission previously was for Spring 2022 so I requested for expedition last year and I was granted Dec 1st 2021 at Abuja embassy, my visa was denied so I deferred my admission to summer 2022. Now there's no closer available date and I got a reply from the embassy after requesting for emergency again that they cannot grant emergency for the person that was denied of visa of recent thats why I was looking for another way to get an appointment.
[quote author=phemmyboy5 post=111271875]

Change your interview location to Lagos and pick a date then apply for emergency date again .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 11:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please is anyone in Seattle Washington looking for 3 bedroom apartment for the summer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.