Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646979 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nengiiiii: 6:47am On Apr 09, 2022
Tinafusty:

Have you been been funded by the school before?
Yes I have a $13500k funding from the school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nengiiiii: 6:55am On Apr 09, 2022
[quote author=Nengiiiii post=111754719]
Hello Naira land I have been denied the us F1 visa twice and I am currently applying for the third one I want to send my transcript but I don't know how to please can you people help me I am currently taking my first semester online now from Nigeria so I need tips for my next interview my previous interviews where in Abuja thanks so much I'm am looking forward to a response from you all [/quote
Please u need help can you guys please reply me thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RaniOpe: 7:21am On Apr 09, 2022
For F1 Visa Interview
Is Bsc transcripts and certificate needed?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:13am On Apr 09, 2022
[quote author=Nengiiiii post=111780056][/quote]

You can type out the transcript using a WhatsApp page then you copy and paste here.
However, you should get question about "what has changed" without your previous transcript I can't think of any other thing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2022
RaniOpe:
For F1 Visa Interview

No but you can take them along with you as supporting documents in case the VO ask to see them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RaniOpe: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2022
UmmZayd:

No but you can take them along with you as supporting documents in case the VO ask to see them

Thank you.
If the date of birth on the certificate and passport is different, will that be a problem?

Only the month is different
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ImaReal: 8:57am On Apr 09, 2022
Abuja Status: not approved on  07/04/22 9am

Full tuition waiver/TA

Deficit: 15k $

Resumption: fall 22

Program: French MA

V.o: Why Georgia 

Me: I am going to Georgia because of its enabling environment for my studies program and also because of the renowed faculty members of my study program at my university...

V.o: can see you have a full tuition waiver

And you have here that your family abroad will be Sponsoring You... where is the family abroad 

Me: Here in Nigeria 

V.o:  so who will be Sponsoring You 

Me: My Aunty. She is the ceo of ...

V.o: sorry blabla...

Please advise needed where did I get it wrong
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festusile(m): 9:23am On Apr 09, 2022
Good morning all...

I'm planning to fill my DS 160 and proceed for interview soon. I heard that it's a red light (minus) if an F1 Visa applicant has a relative in the US.
I have a brother (Pastor) in the US who is a citizen (Same father, different mother).

Pls advise me on how to declare this in the form and to the VO at the interview (if asked)...

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drbrayam(m): 10:43am On Apr 09, 2022
Please any link for interview mock questions... at least someone needs to get prepared before facing that VO. Help a soul
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
RaniOpe:

Thank you.
If the date of birth on the certificate and passport is different, will that be a problem?

Only the month is different

Yes, it will. DOB must be the same in all document. Don't complicate anything. Moreover, your baby needs time after birth before getting on any plane
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
ImaReal:
Abuja Status: not approved on  07/04/22 9am

Full tuition waiver/TA

Deficit: 15k $

Resumption: fall 22

Program: French MA

V.o: Why Georgia 

Me: I am going to Georgia because of its enabling environment for my studies program and also because of the renowed faculty members of my study program at my university...

V.o: can see you have a full tuition waiver

And you have here that your family abroad will be Sponsoring You... where is the family abroad 

Me: Here in Nigeria 

V.o:  so who will be Sponsoring You 

Me: My Aunty. She is the ceo of ...

V.o: sorry blabla...

Please advise needed where did I get it wrong

Sorry about this but if your family is abroad why did you say she's in Nigeria again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RaniOpe: 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes, it will. DOB must be the same in all document. Don't complicate anything. Moreover, your baby needs time after birth before getting on any plane

Not birth certificate but Bsc certificate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
drbrayam:
Please any link for interview mock questions... at least someone needs to get prepared before facing that VO. Help a soul

The link is on here. You can start from 30 pages back you will get enough transcript

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
RaniOpe:

Not birth certificate but Bsc certificate

Okay I'm not sure why you have DOB on your BSc certificate but if by chance the VO ask, he/she may ask same question (if spotted) on why you have a different DOB on your BSc certificate and international passport. Again, it's rare to ask applicants for their BSc certificate.

Just keep everything simple is what I can say.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RaniOpe: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
UmmZayd:

Okay I'm not sure why you have DOB on your BSc certificate but if by chance the VO ask, he/she may ask same question (if spotted) on why you have a different DOB on your BSc certificate and international passport. Again, it's rare to ask applicants for their BSc certificate.

Just keep everything simple is what I can say.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thormzy: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hello, Good evening everyone, this is a bit urgent please.

I've read a lot of rejections at the visa interview due to being unemployed and not having enough reason to come back to Nigeria. Actually my dad has a family business which he has been running for years. I do work there sometimes. We actually work with a lot of big companies in lagos. I'm thinking if filling out that I'm employed in my family's company in my DS form and also presenting my Company's ID card at the interview just in case.. this will proof that I'm employed and I have enough reason to come home and manage the family business along with my dad.

Is this a good idea ?

Note: The program in view is MBA Finacial Management
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Thanks MA /Sir
phoyeks:

Let me lend my few cents here. I hope it answers a lot of quests.
From my experience ( which is little), many undergraduate programs hardly get a full ride scholarship except you score 1450 and above as an international student. My son scored 1320 and he applied to H.U, PSU and 2more universities. He got admission in all the universities he applied to, just with his WAEC result and SAT( which many of the schools said it was not compulsory) but none gave him a full or even 50% scholarship so far ( though we await Howard University's offer today/tomorrow) So if you wish to get a full ride scholarship, aim for 1500 in your SAT and you will see schools begging you with a full ride scholarship. Many undergraduates here seem confused looking for schools that give full scholarship for undergraduate programs. Your score has to be exceptional to get that full ride except if a few schools do give otherwise.
Family ties for undergraduate applicants should not be a bother to you if your parents and family members are based here in Nigeria. It is assumed you are still too young to disappear into the US with your family members in Nigeria (i.e you are 16-19yrs)

Secondly, your WAEC result does not need to be evaluated by WES. WAEC results are accepted for undergraduate programs. I know that no school asked for my son's result to be externally evaluated. Google and Use Common Application to apply for schools. It helped a lot.

3. Get schools and admissions first before proceeding about MRV and Sevis fees. MRV fees will be paid in GTB and SEVIS fees can be paid if you have someone based in the U.S or can be helped by @Walspring on this platform.

4. Be smartly and neatly dressed with a cheerful outlook.

I hope this helps someone out here. Remain blessed and wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aremu01(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
jbryan54:
Hello guys, I got admission for Fall 2022 and my university wants me to submit the I-20 application form before 1st May.
On my I-20 form, I am required to list all dependents that will travel with me.

The thing is that my husband is staying back with me but my child will be traveling with me just that the child is not yet born.
I am currently pregnant and will be due in May.

Can the I-20 form be submitted without listing any dependent and applying later when the child is born?
Will listing a dependent on the DS-160 affect my chance of visa approval?

Please what should I do in this case?

Why not defer the admission?
Jus thinking out loud thou
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Kezzy96:
Check Illinois institute of technology

Thanks bro, any application fee waiver?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
specialbabe:
Yes try Boston university depending on your course.

Thanks alot. Do they waive application fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hello my people, gurus on the platform, senior Moshkom and others, I awaits your advice on this.
Thanks.

phemmyboy5:
My previous F1 transcript in Abuja
First F1 attempt.
3 previous B1/B2 denial in Lagos alone.
Now Associate Degree

There were 3 Consular Officers on desk, two men and a woman at the middle desk. I have been praying to meet the woman cos I observed she is calm and reasonable with applicants, she gave a young couple that even the wife's pregnancy is so glaring a visa with smiles and wish them safe journey to US but denied the next applicant she interviewed, yet I wish I met her but I was called in another window.

To the interview ....

Me: Good morning, happy new month
VO: Good morning, I can see you are going to M..., how do you find out about the school
Me: From online, from my research online
VO: What course are you going for
Me: Web
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before
Me: Yes
VO: What do you do
Me: I have an internet cafe where I do online registrations, printings and lots more
VO: How is your work related to Web
Me: (Without confidence and lowered voice this time) I have websites which I operates but there are some difficulties I'm facing which google always give me reports to debug but I could not so I want to go for Web to be able to rectify the issues.
VO: Sorry you are not qualify for F1 visa now.

I was so weak and heavy to even talk to anybody, people that are outside waiting to be called in can also read my feelings. It was after my interview that one of my friends now hint me about Nairaland.
I am available for corrections please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
[quote author=Aremu01 post=111793125]

The admission was deferred from last year to this year. It can no longer be deferred.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
Babnxst93:
what is his rate ?

BDC or black market rate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
phemmyboy5:
My previous F1 transcript in Abuja on Dec 1st, 2021
First F1 attempt.
3 previous B1/B2 denial in Lagos alone
1 previous B1/B2 denial in Lagos with 2 children and wife in 2018.
Now Associate Degree programe in Web Development

There were 3 Consular Officers on desk, two men and a woman at the middle desk. I have been praying to meet the woman cos I observed she is calm and reasonable with applicants, she gave a young couple that even the wife's pregnancy is so glaring a visa with smiles and wish them safe journey to US but denied the next applicant she interviewed, yet I wish I met her but I was called in another window.

To the interview ....

Me: Good morning, happy new month
VO: Good morning, I can see you are going to MCCC, how do you find out about the school
Me: From online, from my research online
VO: What course are you going for
Me: Web Development
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before
Me: Yes I have been to Ghana
VO: What do you do
Me: I have an internet cafe where I do online registrations, printings and lots more
VO: How is your work related to Web Development
Me: (Without confidence and lowered voice this time) I have websites which I operates but there are some difficulties I'm facing which google always give me reports to debug but I could not so I want to go for Web Development to be able to rectify the issues.
VO: Sorry you are not qualify for F1 visa now.

I was so weak and heavy to even talk to anybody, people that are outside waiting to be called in can also read my feelings. It was after my interview that one of my friends now hint me about Nairaland.
I am available for corrections please.

Sorry about your delay.

I don’t know your age but going for associate degree with your age after 2-3 delayed is no go area at all because is like you telling VO you want to go and start polytechnic at that age after you have been out of secondary school for over 10-15 year and you were previously delayed.

What many of us don’t know is not about going to apply and face VO but doing the right thing and cover loopholes that could trigger delay.

God will help us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kidsquare(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
DAramis:

Sorry for the delay
My observation is the situation of you having full tuition waiver and TA. How come you still have deficit of $15k.

Also, I think you didn't take adequate care or due diligence when you filled your visa Form (if actually you are the one who filled it. Taking a wide guess, it seems like an agent helped you out).

Start from your Ds-160 form and go through all the information filled there. That is where the major problem is. Example, your aunty is abroad, going to sponsor you but still in Nigeria as a CEO...

This is just the case with failing to pay attention to slight detail. Very wrong from you not to pay attention to what is being filled for you. How can your Aunty from abroad be sponsoring you and yet still lived in Nigeria as a CEO. The $15k deficits is not the problem but the problem was everything about not paying attention to details.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KennyBI: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
RaniOpe:
For F1 Visa Interview

Not bad if you pack all along.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rutim: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
I will appreciate an input please. Any one.
My intended sponsor is facing some personal unforseen emergencies, hence he is not disposed to help. He was my only option so now I'm stranded. I have the admission already for falls semester. Please what do I do? Is there anyone here that can help?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festusile(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
Good day all...

I'm planning to fill my DS 160 and proceed for interview soon. I heard that it's a red light (minus) if an F1 Visa applicant has a relative in the US.
I have a brother (Pastor) in the US who is a citizen (Same father, different mother).

Pls advise me on how to declare this in the form and to the VO at the interview (if asked)...

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
Rutim:
Please what do I do? Is there anyone here that can help?
DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Rutim:
My intended sponsor is facing some personal unforseen emergencies, hence he is not disposed to help. He was my only option so now I'm stranded. I have the admission already for falls semester. Please what do I do? Is there anyone here that can help?
You mean someone from this group to bring thousands of dollars and sponsor your education? undecided

Two options: defer the admission by one year (best option) or look for loan (worst alternative)

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.