Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642571 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oscalowi: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2022
Of course! Your answer should yes then you state when.

timi02:
Hi everyone please I need help/suggestions:
I was denied B1/B2 in 2017 and 2018....

I have travel history(South Africa-2016 and India-2017) on my lost passport.... I just filled my ds 160 and I stated that "I have not travelled in the pass five years.

If the VO ask me "Have I travelled before" what should my response be? considering my new passport doesn't show it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Poddy(m): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2022
Kemmiiee:

Now I have to pay about $200 for a school I am not sure I would end up attending. I am considering this school because of the chance of receiving an assistantship but I am just reconsidering now.

Any thoughts please?
Same with Montclair state university. undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2022
Escanor:
Hi guy will they give visa for people going to studying for Associate degree?is there any chance of visa approval?advice pls

Try and apply for a master's program, it will improve your chances. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princessademide: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2022
Themaths:

Try and apply for a master's program, it will improve your chances. All the best!
lol... If he has Bsc will he want to apply for associate degree. How will he apply for masters
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2022
timi02:

I have travel history(South Africa-2016 and India-2017) on my lost passport.... I just filled my ds 160 and I stated that "I have not travelled in the pass five years.

If the VO ask me "Have I travelled before" what should my response be? considering my new passport doesn't show it.

Lol and you just ruled out an entire history.
Okay. Enter your travel history if it falls under that 5 yrs and there's also a question of if you have lost a passport before, answer that too. And if asked, "it was lost" it's as simple as that.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2022
jkzie:
Hello Great minds...
I’ve a graduate course with $30k deficit,
My sponsor’s account (my brother as businesses man) have monthly inflow within 6million to 9million naira... usually save around 800k -1million Naira for emergency purpose...

Following my deficit of $30k, how much should be save in the account.

My school has accepted our financial Payment plan, to make payment on installments; $3,500 monthly

Please help me with your profound experience, so i can start making grounds and reformation on my financial planning.

Thanks Gurus

There should be fund above your deficit in the statement account you are going with.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2022
Escanor:
Hi guy will they give visa for people going to studying for Associate degree?is there any chance of visa approval?advice pls

Hmmmm
Maybe,
Maybe not. It all depend on who you are right now (educational background, age and all) and why an Associate degree. If you can answer that well then all is well.
So, why an Associate degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frankmoney(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2022
Who knows any University that offers full funding for PhD students ?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
frankmoney:
Who knows any University that offers full funding for PhD students ?

All schools as long as the student has all the requirements for full funding since you can't even self fund a PhD program anyways
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frankmoney(m): 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

All schools as long as the student has all the requirements for full funding since you can't even self fund a PhD program anyways
thanks alot for your response .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IghoCentric(m): 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
I have an admission for USA and Canada and reached out to @moshkom for advise and this was part of his advice. So I'm dropping it here for anyone that could benefit from it.
Some VO have PREFERENCE, some! That’s just the Sad truth.

And, from my personal research, each 2- 3 years, I noticed the USA 9ja Embassy VOs’ do change “WHAT THEY REALLY WANT IN YOU”, aside their own personal preference sha.

Before 2018: They want your docs to be GENUINE, a lot of administrative checks. Even if they’re to approval or denial you or denial. That’s when all these “I will show them my landed properties” and co do work for applicants.

2018, 2019-2020 (before Covid): They’re looking for genuine student, by showing you write AT LEAST one standardized exam. Most guys on this path in 2019 have GRE unlike now, everybody knows they’re like waiving it.

2020 above: Genuine students via FULL FUNDING. Traveling history to see if you’ve been exposes to ‘Good life’ before this opportunity.

The best bet? IF POSSIBLE, Try find/observe a VO that would hear you out, the one wey go allow you talk and decide your fate base on your convincing talks not just the profile you table. Mostly the female VO.

Ok, GRACE.

- MOSHKOM’s 2cent.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frankmoney(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bigsecret:
PhD programs typically offer funding. What course are you looking at?
Architecture or Urban planning
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frankmoney(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bigsecret:

Check Princeton University
University of Maryland
University of Michigan
thank you so much , I'm checking now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by infofta(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
A friend of mine got below message from the US embassy asking him to pay 130 South African rand after a year of keeping his passport. Does it mean he got the visa?

(There will be a payment that has to be made in order for the consulate to release this passport. The fee will be R130. Once confirmation received as to which DHL branch we should transfer, you will receive a link whereby payment can be made.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
phoyeks:

You are most welcome. You can also look for schools using the college board and apply through Common App once you have your SAT score. Study well for the SAT; there are many practice questions online you can use to prepare for the exam.
External scholarships ( from independent bodies like religious org, govt parastatals, private organisations) can also be obtained by the way. You can do this; let google be your search and answer engine. It's work, real work but let the end result be your motivation. Look for schools according to your utmost priority: course of study, financial budget, weather of the area, urban , suburban or rural cities, size of campus and poulation....etc .
All the best. smiley
Thank you very much. I just signed up for the common app yesterday, trying to master using it to search for schools. But thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
infofta:
A friend of mine got below message from the US embassy asking him to pay 130 South African rand after a year of keeping his passport. Does it mean he got the visa?

(There will be a payment that has to be made in order for the consulate to release this passport. The fee will be R130. Once confirmation received as to which DHL branch we should transfer, you will receive a link whereby payment can be made.

Is this embassy in Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faithmoves: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
Pls advice... my school is asking for bank statement as part of the application process.. my sponsor said his bank statement is not ready yet( as in funds not yet avaliable but will be in a month or two). I thought the bank statement will be required after admission to issue form 1-20. What do i do application deadline is so close. My sponsor however has a previously printed bank statement that was printed in january when he went to europe on a business trip but the money is nolonger avaliable. Can i send that bank statement to the school to get admission and then before visa send an updated bank account with the required funds before the form 1-20 is issued? I am afraid the school will contact the bank and find out the funds is nolonger avaliable. Does the university contact the bank to verify bank statements?
The university has confirmed i can use a different bank statement for form 1-20 if i want to. Should i send this bank statement of my sponsor even if the money us nolonger there just to meet up the application deadline?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Barzoid: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
phoyeks:

You are most welcome. You can also look for schools using the college board and apply through Common App once you have your SAT score. Study well for the SAT; there are many practice questions online you can use to prepare for the exam.
External scholarships ( from independent bodies like religious org, govt parastatals, private organisations) can also be obtained by the way. You can do this; let google be your search and answer engine. It's work, real work but let the end result be your motivation. Look for schools according to your utmost priority: course of study, financial budget, weather of the area, urban , suburban or rural cities, size of campus and poulation....etc .
All the best. smiley
About your son's application, how did you guys do the transcript section. Did you request hi official transcript from his school and mailed it or you just uploaded it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Moshkom:

Hey, I got tagged. Lol

Sorry for the denial bro, e dey happen; we move and re-fire.

Quick one: Do you know the course you’ve at hand is a ‘Ritual Course’, in this path? Chemistry? Ah! Chemistry hot die for Yankee schooling process.

Saying the above to let you know that you can have a better offer (not that 10k) from schools with your course, if you have a good profile and package your application well.
With a better offer, you have less hurdle to face in the embassy. That one go even give you confidence on its own.

One of my person off here, got the below offer in your same field, days ago:

Tuition off
Stipend
Housing allowance
Medical insurance
Meal ticket

Ehn en! about your transcript below is my PERSONAL OPINION:

“Tell Me your Future Plan”
- You firstly need to let the VO know you’re coming back.
How would you do that?
- After my studies, I WILL BE COMING BACK TO MY CURRENT PLACE OF WORK to take up this and that role or COMING BACK to do this and that in my current place of work.

The VO, would easily reply, “Oh! You mean, you’re coming back your current of work?”
You, “Yeah, I am actually on a study leave, after my degree. . . “

This would show as “home-tie” also serve as your PRIMARY GOAL.

Then you can now continue with that your initial talks about this and that, that would be your LONG TERM goal.

You giving that answer, shows like you actually don’t really have a plan after you study, meaning if you see a better plan there in the USA you might stay back study, which them don’t want.

Another one:
How was your ds160 work section filled?

Your current work align as a Chemistry Student?
Your last degree na Chemistry?

Because you can’t just jump and be doing this and going for that, dem no like am.

Ofc, work on your Confidence level, super important. They need you to be sharp with your answers. Sharp not fast.

PS: Above are my PERSONAL OPINIONs, it might count; it might not.

In your next attempt, make sure you’ve a change in your profile before you go again. Because it would be new questions and new VO.

GOOD LUCK Champ!!!!!

Oh im late Moshkom,thank you somuch!.

See ehn my ds 160 was not well detailed atall,cos I used agent the ist time, so no previous work experince was filled and I wasn't informed but now I'm more informed.

I studied Science Laboratory Technology and Chemistry, yea in my undergraduate. So it align with what I want to do in my masters.I have also undergone some training also which comes with certificates. But the agent didn't ask me for all these,so my work area in the ds 160 was not detailed atall.I will surely contact you again when next I update my ds 160.

Thank you somuch for the insights especially letting them know that I'm coming back to Nigeria firstly.

Your opinion always count for me o pls,ALWAYS!.

For schools I can get full funding and GA offers, I sincerely wish to see those that can offer me that without GRE cos i do not have GRE yet.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dakosta911: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lagos date fall group

https:// chat. whatsapp.com/ FBfG1tA7gtyH5NxF9O0Ayd

Remove spaces from the link and visit url to be redirected to WhatsApp thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Faithmoves:
Pls advice...
Send the one you printed in January to the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faithmoves: 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
beejhay69:
Send the one you printed in January to the school.

Thank you so much... i hope they wont contact the bank...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
timi02:

You traveled in 2017,that was last 5yrs.Better update your ds 160 and fill it up because it's even an advantage for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bigsecret:
There are different things you can study in English like creative writing, literary studies and so on.

Check out University of Alabama
Bowling green university

For more schools, check out the link on my YouTube channel

Hello Bigsecret, can you tell me any school that offers full funding for masters in Chemistry without GRE pls.I'm exhausted already,have gone tru many school site.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
Faithmoves:
Pls advice... my school is asking for bank statement as part of the application process.. my sponsor said his bank statement is not ready yet( as in funds not yet avaliable but will be in a month or two). I thought the bank statement will be required after admission to issue form 1-20. What do i do application deadline is so close. My sponsor however has a previously printed bank statement that was printed in january when he went to europe on a business trip but the money is nolonger avaliable. Can i send that bank statement to the school to get admission and then before visa send an updated bank account with the required funds before the form 1-20 is issued? I am afraid the school will contact the bank and find out the funds is nolonger avaliable. Does the university contact the bank to verify bank statements?
The university has confirmed i can use a different bank statement for form 1-20 if i want to. Should i send this bank statement of my sponsor even if the money us nolonger there just to meet up the application deadline?

Sure you can.Use the already printed one for the admission process .I do not think schools confirm such form Nigeria banks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Check Texas State University
Ijchichi5190:

Hello Bigsecret, can you tell me any school that offers full funding for masters in Chemistry without GRE pls.I'm exhausted already,have gone tru many school site.

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.