Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642520 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
Thank you very much for your detailed response. Does it mean that I can book a date for visa interview without submitting my DS-160?

UmmZayd:

Okay. Hmmm request for your i-20 first and when you have your baby, request for that too as well. Your school may need the baby's passport which you don't have now. You can always request for F2 I-20 anytime. About the DS160, you can wait till like 5 days to interview date before you submit so if you've had baby by then, you can add him/her.

At this point, you may have to apply with your husband because you are going with a new baby which means, you will need help and if you are not, you can't leave a new baby behind. If you are going with a new baby yourself without anyone then that's hard extra work except you have relatives over here that will assist with the baby. Most daycares if not all, admit infant from age 6months. You need all the help you can get.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
phemmyboy5:
Hello my people, gurus on the platform, senior Moshkom and others, I awaits your advice on this.
Thanks.

I didn't read this the first time. Just saw the post again. So you are going to a Community College for a program to become a Web Developer. Web Developer is a big thing just like a Data Analyst. I don't think you will get as much information and knowledge compare to a university (the VO probably thinks this way too. Another thing is "cafe" the VO probably doesn't know what this is. I guess that is why the VO couldn't pick a point on how your job relates to Web Development. The VO may see it as wanting to by-pass some internet restrictions going by your explanation too.

So here is it, you may want to apply to a University instead of a community college (unless that's not a red flag anymore which I doubt)
Find proper technical terms that defines your job.
There was no question on funding but please don't leave that out. It's a huge significant.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Rutim:
I will appreciate an input please. Any one.
My intended sponsor is facing some personal unforseen emergencies, hence he is not disposed to help. He was my only option so now I'm stranded. I have the admission already for falls semester. Please what do I do? Is there anyone here that can help?

Sorry about that. Do you have funding from school because that should have been the first thing. If not, reach out to your school if you can be considered for one. I will personally not give advice of a loan because it's not free and I have no idea how you will explain to the VO if asked on how you intend paying back the loan

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
jbryan54:
Thank you very much for your detailed response. Does it mean that I can book a date for visa interview without submitting my DS-160?

Yes, you can start your Ds160 basic questions and save. Get the application ID and proceeed to visa page to get a date. Before 5/6 days to your interview or before then complete your ds160 and submit

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2022
phemmyboy5:
Hello my people, gurus on the platform, senior Moshkom and others, I awaits your advice on this.
Thanks.

Quick one:

From your profile, it looks so desperate that you just want to enter The USA by ‘any means’, to the VO not Moshkom. Lol

- Tried the B category 3x. Now, not just F1 but an associate degree.

You sound 28yrs +. Going for an associate degree is NOT the best idea for you (Yeah, “people dey get Visa with Associate Degree”) ask yourself: The ratio of approval, maybe 2 of 20 applicants.

You already have a record of “I sha wan enter USA” with them, don’t forget (sad truth).

To be sincerely?
Your profile is too basic, you need to strengthen it.

Esp your work and your degree.

Degree: Wetin do MSC or Phd wey you no fit apply

Work: Your work role sounds like what you can easily stay after study in the USA to do, “Online work”; which they don’t want.

You need to change the job roles / functions. Like, tell them your Cafe (if you can even get a better subs for the word ‘CAFE’) is attach to the state government ‘something thing; something’ where you help with tutoring of government schools on internet courses or a registered and accredited jamb center (just lamba them) not just a CAFE (too basic).

Overall, if you can RE PACKAGE your ENTIRE profile the next time you’re going. New school (no apply to school in same states that you made the propose B1 attempts) etc

TRY get a better funding offer (full funding, if possible) too, from the school because it would show you are a genuine student to the VO, with that they would remove the thought of Japa from your profile (those B1 attempts) and focus on the F1 this time around. Don’t forget the next time, it would be a new VO, so you won’t get same questions like the last time, reason you should go with an overall, better profile this time around to avoid another next time.

PS: Above are my own Opinions. It might count; it might NOT count.

Good luck in your next attempt, Champ!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
God bless you. Based on your advice, my husband has accepted to go with me too, but he intends to apply for his F-2 after I have gotten mine to increase my chance. Thanks again.

UmmZayd:

Yes, you can start your Ds160 basic questions and save. Get the application ID and proceeed to visa page to get a date. Before 5/6 days to your interview or before then complete your ds160 and submit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
Walspring:

Sorry about your delay.

I don’t know your age but going for associate degree with your age after 2-3 delayed is no go area at all because is like you telling VO you want to go and start polytechnic at that age after you have been out of secondary school for over 10-15 year and you were previously delayed.

What many of us don’t know is not about going to apply and face VO but doing the right thing and cover loopholes that could trigger delay.

God will help us all. Amen

Thanks so much for your contribution, I really appreciate sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
UmmZayd:

I didn't read this the first time. Just saw the post again. So you are going to a Community College for a program to become a Web Developer. Web Developer is a big thing just like a Data Analyst. I don't think you will get as much information and knowledge compare to a university (the VO probably thinks this way too. Another thing is "cafe" the VO probably doesn't know what this is. I guess that is why the VO couldn't pick a point on how your job relates to Web Development. The VO may see it as wanting to by-pass some internet restrictions going by your explanation too.

So here is it, you may want to apply to a University instead of a community college (unless that's not a red flag anymore which I doubt)
Find proper technical terms that defines your job.
There was no question on funding but please don't leave that out. It's a huge significant.

Best of luck

Thanks so much boss, I really appreciate your response and contribution.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
Moshkom:

Quick one:

From your profile, it looks so desperate that you just want to enter The USA by ‘any means’, to the VO not Moshkom. Lol

- Tried the B category 3x. Now, not just F1 but an associate degree.

You sound 28yrs +. Going for an associate degree is NOT the best idea for you (Yeah, “people dey get Visa with Associate Degree”) ask yourself: The ratio of approval, maybe 2 of 20 applicants.

You already have a record of “I sha wan enter USA” with them, don’t forget (sad truth).

To be sincerely?
You profile is too basic, you need to strengthen it.

Esp your work and your degree.

Degree: Wetin do MSC or Phd wey you no fit apply

Work: Your work role sounds like what you can easily stay after study in the USA to do, “Online work”; which they don’t want.

You need to change the job roles / functions. Like, tell them your Cafe (if you can even get a better subs for the word ‘CAFE’) is attach to the state government ‘something thing; something’ where you help with tutoring of government schools on internet courses or a registered and accredited jamb center (just lamba them) not just a CAFE (too basic).

Overall, if you can RE PACKAGE your ENTIRE profile the next time you’re going. New school (no apply to school in same states that you made the propose B1 attempts) etc

TRY get a better funding offer (full funding, if possible) too, from the school because it would show you are a genuine student to the VO, with that they would remove the thought of Japa from your profile (those B1 attempts) and focus on the F1 this time around. Don’t forget the next time, it would be a new VO, so you won’t get same questions like the last time, reason you should go with an overall, better profile this time around to avoid another next time.

PS: Above are my own Opinions. It might count; it might NOT count.

Good luck in your next attempt, Champ!

My honourable Moshkom, I do appreciate your response.
Thanks for the corrections and suggestions.
I will like to DM you, here is my email: kemmy.comfort@yahoo.com
Will wait for your response thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
jbryan54:
God bless you. Based on your advice, my husband has accepted to go with me too, but he intends to apply for his F-2 after I have gotten mine to increase my chance. Thanks again.

Okay that's good. He can pick a date down

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omotoluwatofunm(f): 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2022
Please me too
Jenyo18:
Congratulations Debbiey. Can we connect I also would be going for my f2 visa interview soon. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ImaReal: 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
DAramis:

Thanks for your observation
The cost of attendance is about 53k
Deficit was for health insurance and personal
Living expenses.
It was written on the i20 that family abroad as sponsor and also written on note family in Nigeria.
I filled my DS160 myself only asked questions in areas I wasn't clear with... my application was done all by myself

Sorry for the delay
My observation is the situation of you having full tuition waiver and TA. How come you still have deficit of $15k.

Also, I think you didn't take adequate care or due diligence when you filled your visa Form (if actually you are the one who filled it. Taking a wide guess, it seems like an agent helped you out).

Start from your Ds-160 form and go through all the information filled there. That is where the major problem is. Example, your aunty is abroad, going to sponsor you but still in Nigeria as a CEO...

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
Please how does one go about coming back to Nigeria to get married in the course of his F1 visa and Getting F2 visa for one’s wife so she can come over
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Barzoid:
Thanks MA /Sir

You are most welcome. You can also look for schools using the college board and apply through Common App once you have your SAT score. Study well for the SAT; there are many practice questions online you can use to prepare for the exam.
External scholarships ( from independent bodies like religious org, govt parastatals, private organisations) can also be obtained by the way. You can do this; let google be your search and answer engine. It's work, real work but let the end result be your motivation. Look for schools according to your utmost priority: course of study, financial budget, weather of the area, urban , suburban or rural cities, size of campus and poulation....etc .
All the best. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotSoBossyBoss: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2022
jbryan54:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotSoBossyBoss: 12:33am On Apr 10, 2022
Moshkom honorable. Please I need your assistance. Can I send you a DM? My email is lasterry95@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ritsy02: 2:30am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes, please email me; ritsyaima@gmail.com

Impeccable422:
Anyone got admitted to the university of New Haven for fall 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Graphics2021(m): 2:37am On Apr 10, 2022
Yes @Impeccable
You can reach me via my mail Olamifelicity@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Graphics2021(m): 2:49am On Apr 10, 2022
I won't mind to have your email to request for some good recommendations sample
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Graphics2021(m): 3:01am On Apr 10, 2022
Timotte

I won't mind to have your email to request for some good recommendations sample
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:33am On Apr 10, 2022
NotSoBossyBoss:
Moshkom honorable. Please I need your assistance. Can I send you a DM? My email is lasterry95@yahoo.com

Lol. You can DM/PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princessademide: 5:49am On Apr 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

Sorry about that. Do you have funding from school because that should have been the first thing. If not, reach out to your school if you can be considered for one. I will personally not give advice of a loan because it's not free and I have no idea how you will explain to the VO if asked on how you intend paying back the loan

Best of luck
Can you please assist with how to write such message to be emailed to the school.. and example would be great. Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ohraykon: 7:13am On Apr 10, 2022
Is there anyone studying in Pennsylvania here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timi02: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2022
Hi everyone please I need help/suggestions:
I was denied B1/B2 in 2017 and 2018....

I have travel history(South Africa-2016 and India-2017) on my lost passport.... I just filled my ds 160 and I stated that "I have not travelled in the pass five years.

If the VO ask me "Have I travelled before" what should my response be? considering my new passport doesn't show it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jkzie(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2022
Hello Great minds...
I’ve a graduate course with $30k deficit,
My sponsor’s account (my brother as businesses man) have monthly inflow within 6million to 9million naira... usually save around 800k -1million Naira for emergency purpose...

Following my deficit of $30k, how much should be save in the account.

My school has accepted our financial Payment plan, to make payment on installments; $3,500 monthly

Please help me with your profound experience, so i can start making grounds and reformation on my financial planning.

Thanks Gurus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Escanor(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2022
Hi guy will they give visa for people going to studying for Associate degree?is there any chance of visa approval?advice pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Jedooooo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.