Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645195 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festusile(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Our gurus Pls advice biko

Festusile:
Good day all...

I'm planning to fill my DS 160 and proceed for interview soon. I heard that it's a red light (minus) if an F1 Visa applicant has a relative in the US.
I have a brother (Pastor) in the US who is a citizen (Same father, different mother).

Pls advise me on how to declare this in the form and to the VO at the interview (if asked)...

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JennieCutie4U(f): 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hello guys, goodevening. Please I have something that is of a very big concern to me. My aunty who is my sole sponsor lives in the same state as my school, and I have no funding at all. do I have any chance at all?
Are there people who have similar case as mine that has ever gotten lucky? @moshkom and other gurus in the house please help a sister, I am so confused, I dont know what to do.
jermer25:
Check Texas State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JennieCutie4U(f): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hello guys, goodevening. Please I have something that is of a very big concern to me. My aunty who is my sole sponsor lives in the same state as my school, and I have no funding at all. do I have any chance at all?
Are there people who have similar case as mine that has ever gotten lucky? @moshkom and other gurus in the house please help a sister, I am so confused, I dont know what to do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
jermer25:
Check Texas State University

Oh thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jkzie(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hi Guys, your responses will be very insightful.
jkzie:
Hello Great minds...
I’ve a graduate course with $30k deficit,
My sponsor’s account (my brother as businesses man) have monthly inflow within 6million to 9million naira... usually save around 800k -1million Naira for emergency purpose...

Following my deficit of $30k, how much should be save in the account.

My school has accepted our financial Payment plan, to make payment on installments; $3,500 monthly

Please help me with your profound experience, so i can start making grounds and reformation on my financial planning.

Thanks Gurus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dolcecorazon: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
RaniOpe:
Good morning.

If you're admitted to any of these schools, for fall 2022, please quote me:

University of Arizona,
University of San Francisco,
Old Dominion University,
University of South Florida and
Grand Valley State University

Thank you.

Here we go grand valley state university. Just got my admission mail and waiting i-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Escanor(m): 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
princessademide:
lol... If he has Bsc will he want to apply for associate degree. How will he apply for masters
Yes I only have national Diploma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Escanor(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

Hmmmm
Maybe,
Maybe not. It all depend on who you are right now (educational background, age and all) and why an Associate degree. If you can answer that well then all is well.
So, why an Associate degree?
To have admission directly to university it's not easy my brother...but these colleges gives out I-20 easily.and I have only national diploma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JennieCutie4U(f): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
Are there people who have similar case as mine that has ever gotten lucky? @moshkom and other gurus in the house please help a sister, I am so confused, I dont know what to do.quote author=Moshkom post=111798803]

Quick one:

From your profile, it looks so desperate that you just want to enter The USA by ‘any means’, to the VO not Moshkom. Lol

- Tried the B category 3x. Now, not just F1 but an associate degree.

You sound 28yrs +. Going for an associate degree is NOT the best idea for you (Yeah, “people dey get Visa with Associate Degree”) ask yourself: The ratio of approval, maybe 2 of 20 applicants.

You already have a record of “I sha wan enter USA” with them, don’t forget (sad truth).

To be sincerely?
Your profile is too basic, you need to strengthen it.

Esp your work and your degree.

Degree: Wetin do MSC or Phd wey you no fit apply

Work: Your work role sounds like what you can easily stay after study in the USA to do, “Online work”; which they don’t want.

You need to change the job roles / functions. Like, tell them your Cafe (if you can even get a better subs for the word ‘CAFE’) is attach to the state government ‘something thing; something’ where you help with tutoring of government schools on internet courses or a registered and accredited jamb center (just lamba them) not just a CAFE (too basic).

Overall, if you can RE PACKAGE your ENTIRE profile the next time you’re going. New school (no apply to school in same states that you made the propose B1 attempts) etc

TRY get a better funding offer (full funding, if possible) too, from the school because it would show you are a genuine student to the VO, with that they would remove the thought of Japa from your profile (those B1 attempts) and focus on the F1 this time around. Don’t forget the next time, it would be a new VO, so you won’t get same questions like the last time, reason you should go with an overall, better profile this time around to avoid another next time.

PS: Above are my own Opinions. It might count; it might NOT count.

Good luck in your next attempt, Champ!

[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JennieCutie4U(f): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
Are there people who have similar case as mine that has ever gotten lucky? @moshkom and other gurus in the house please help a sister, I am so confused, I dont know what to do.quote author=Moshkom post=111798803]

[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
JennieCutie4U:

Hey! Good day.

“Do I have a chance at all”

No, Na! NOBODY here or there have anyone’s VISA DECISION (either Approval or Denial). It’s between GOD, THE VO and YOU.

Everybody here and there are just helping with informations on how they ‘think’ it should or would be, mostly base on personal experience and/or the one of Mutuals.

So, don’t fold! Lol

Ehn en, definitely they would have be A LOT of people with similar cases. Those that got approved; those that got denied, it’s norm.
But don’t forget this path is PER HEAD, what works for A might not work for B; Vice versa. So, just package your own personal profile well and forget, “But e work for this and that”

My OWN PERSONAL OPINION (which might count or NOT):

is that, IF you can get a 9ja SOA, it would be the best bet for you. Because your sponsor being here in 9ja is like an home-tie already.

Yeah, if your aunty can use her 9ja own sef, why not.
Or
Try to find one ‘uncle’ to help out with his.

You will just need to update your i20 to the new change(s).

Don’t forget having someone there ain’t an added advantage in this F1 route. Because during the interview, you won’t just be asked your own questions but with theirs also. Like, how they get there and co.
Your own sef, you never scale through, talk-less of answering for another person that you don’t really know their ‘record’ in The State.

Oh! GRACE factor? Ok.

PS: Don’t FORGET to KEEP KEEPING ON, Goodluck Champ!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CamelCase: 12:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Guys.. I'm new to all this shit..
Someone please recommend a university for me that's a sure odd for international student in terms of work and other related stuffs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festusile(m): 12:13am On Apr 11, 2022
@Moshkom and others, please help a brother with an advice on this quoted scenario.... Please.......

Festusile:
Good day all...

I'm planning to fill my DS 160 and proceed for interview soon. I heard that it's a red light (minus) if an F1 Visa applicant has a relative in the US.
I have a brother (Pastor) in the US who is a citizen (Same father, different mother).

Pls advise me on how to declare this in the form and to the VO at the interview (if asked)...

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 3:00am On Apr 11, 2022
Please who is going to University of Maine this summer or fall?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 5:37am On Apr 11, 2022
UmmZayd:

All schools as long as the student has all the requirements for full funding since you can't even self fund a PhD program anyways
You can self-fund PhD.

Not all schools offer funding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by johnayanyo(m): 5:38am On Apr 11, 2022
jbryan54:
Has anyone successfully applied with a dependent? If yes, please how you go about it and how did the interview go?

Still in the same shoe
Let's connect please (08068085056)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2022
timefarm:

You can self-fund PhD.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by johnayanyo(m): 6:44am On Apr 11, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes, you can start your Ds160 basic questions and save. Get the application ID and proceeed to visa page to get a date. Before 5/6 days to your interview or before then complete your ds160 and submit

In the visa appointment application, it requires a the visa application confirmation ID. Is confirmation ID same as application ID?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2022
Good morning
Please can I get an admission for phd biology even if there is no funding for fall 2022. Also kindly recommend such schools for me . Thanks
timefarm:

You can self-fund PhD.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotayo869: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2022
Good morning Guys,
Please did anyone applied to University of Bridgeport?. It’s important please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CamelCase: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2022
Bigsecret:

What degree are you looking at? What course?

First degree, Undergraduate, BSc

Any ICT related course
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 10:37am On Apr 11, 2022
JennieCutie4U:

Just as said before, this interview differs, someone who has an uncle in the same state where he wants to school and also his sponsor got his visa approved Dec 2021 ,he has even left for the states, what I think is, if u can't get a nija SOA , know everything about your anty , invade u are asked, you might be lucky, you might not answer much questions

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 10:41am On Apr 11, 2022
Osof:
Good morning
Please can I get an admission for phd biology even if there is no funding for fall 2022. Also kindly recommend such schools for me . Thanks
To get admission without funding is easy.
But as most top schools has concluded admission, just look for mid ranked or low-ranked schools. They usually have extended application deadlines.

Many of them offer Biology but I am not in Biology line.
You can search them yourself and if I get some, I will get back to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EtherealX: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2022
Please is there anyone that applied or has gotten admission to Michigan Technological University?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kezzy96: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2022
Please if you applied to Wichita State University for fall 2022, kindly join the WhatsApp group by scanning the QR code with your WhatsApp scanner

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faidatt(f): 11:49am On Apr 11, 2022
Please guys.
My brother went for F1 interview this year January and was denied.
We want to apply again. Who can help guide him please. Applying for visa is 65k and that’s a lot. He really did a lot of practice and he even said they didn’t ask plenty questions.
Someone help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faidatt(f): 11:51am On Apr 11, 2022
Festusile:
@Moshkom and others, please help a brother with an advice on this quoted scenario.... Please.......

Hi. Have you gotten response in this please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2022
Bigsecret:
Check Miami University of Oxford

Thank you ,I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faithmoves: 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
RaniOpe:
Good morning.

If you're admitted to any of these schools, for fall 2022, please quote me:

University of Arizona,
University of San Francisco,
Old Dominion University,
University of South Florida and
Grand Valley State University

Thank you.

University of San francisco...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.