Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644338 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Agotfred: 2:25pm On May 10, 2022
midupe:
Hello Dear...I will be attending Saint Louis University for Fall...Finding it difficult to send you an Email...Need to join the whatsapp group pls.

Saint louis University
Univeristy of Missouri
Washington Univeristy, St Louis
Missouri S&T
University of Central Missouri
South East Missouri State University

Any other schools in Missouri in Fall 2022

Kindly send a mail to join our WhatsApp group and meet your fellow students.

Cheers!

Good day, I will be commensing my program at Southeast Missouri State University by fall and I'll need to join the whatsapp group for updates. Kindly acknowledge this mail so I can forward my contact. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedpromise: 3:13pm On May 10, 2022
Hello everyone
Please I’d like to know if the 60 days emergency appointment is Weekends included. I heard it’s weekend excluded please I want to know if this is true.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedpromise: 3:16pm On May 10, 2022
I’ll be having my interview in Abuja please if there is any group checking for available dates for Abuja or Lagos please add me in and also link for those going to Houston Texas please add me in as well. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phillip2(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2022
My WES EVALUATION just came out. I uploaded both my OND and BSC for evaluation. They combined both my OND results and BSc and gave a final CGPA. Of which I taught that they will separate the OND from the BSc and give two different GPA instead they summed both of them up. Pls is this normal,will they accept an evaluation like dis. Had it been it's ND and HND,it would have been sane. But it's OND and BSC,adding both in that fashion seems somehow to me. I don't have a GPA for my ND,they summed it all up. Pls how can I approach this, or should I use it like that.
Note: this is not the normal OND to HND wes evaluation, it is OND to BSC all calculated together,advice needed pls?? Who's done similar stuff
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:35pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:

That same White lady rejected mine.

Our discussion was short and brief and boom, blue slip

That Black American was later nice and the white one was brutal, the White lady interviewed a lady for almost 30mins, still later gave her blue slip, the woman wanna cry.

Anyhow sha, we move.

Hmmm situation defers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:37pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:
My earliest resumption date is 24th July, can I pay another visa fee and apply again, please I need suggestions

Can you share your transcript even if you want to apply again?
There maybe one or two corrections that can help in your next interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:40pm On May 10, 2022
ocpaschal:
Please I want to clarify on a few things; My Uncle wants to write an invitation letter to recommend me to visit him in USA thru the visitor visa. So I am composing a letter with samples I've seen on Google search. I want to add the right content on the purpose of my visit. So I need to ask the following;

- Is it advisable for my uncle to indicate on the invitation letter as a purpose of visit that I would be visiting my uncle in the USA to also have a look at a University facilities etc within the state in order to weigh my options on whether to apply from Nigeria for Graduate studies at the USA University when returning to Nigeria?

- My uncle is a medical doctor. Will it even make sense if he says that the purpose of my visit as a nephew is to see tourist sites? Or to spend a few weeks with him only to see how they are doing?

- I am also going to travel out for the first time in my life outside Nigeria if this works out. If the USA visa officer asks me why I lack a travel experience (my old expired passport is empty, and the new one unused) what should I say?

- Although I want to visit some University institutions, I am interested in studying Masters in Social Work by virtue of my volunteer experience and academic field in social science. Pls is social work in high demand at USA? How good is social work degree in terms of job prospects and career in the USA?

Your questions are just everywhere. If you have plans to apply for MSc, start applying now and forget about visitation. Yes Social Works is a nice program
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:42pm On May 10, 2022
ocpaschal:
what of switching from visitor visa to student/study visa ?

If you want to apply for study visa, why don't you go with that instead of going to visit first then changing later.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 3:43pm On May 10, 2022
BunmiBie:

Don't be discouraged.
Share your transcript here.
Sorry about the delay.

give him or her sometime, the person just got denied let them speak up when they are ready
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:45pm On May 10, 2022
phillip2:
My WES EVALUATION just came out. I uploaded both my OND and BSC for evaluation. They combined both my OND results and BSc and gave a final CGPA. Of which I taught that they will separate the OND from the BSc and give two different GPA instead they summed both of them up. Pls is this normal,will they accept an evaluation like dis. Had it been it's ND and HND,it would have been sane. But it's OND and BSC,adding both in that fashion seems somehow to me. I don't have a GPA for my ND,they summed it all up. Pls how can I approach this, or should I use it like that.
Note: this is not the normal OND to HND wes evaluation, it is OND to BSC all calculated together,advice needed pls?? Who's done similar stuff

Well, there was nothing wrong just that since you have BSc, OND wasn't necessary. It's fine though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2022
ocpaschal:
Please I want to clarify on a few things; My Uncle wants to write an invitation letter to recommend me to visit him in USA thru the visitor visa. So I am composing a letter with samples I've seen on Google search. I want to add the right content on the purpose of my visit. So I need to ask the following;

- Is it advisable for my uncle to indicate on the invitation letter as a purpose of visit that I would be visiting my uncle in the USA to also have a look at a University facilities etc within the state in order to weigh my options on whether to apply from Nigeria for Graduate studies at the USA University when returning to Nigeria?

- My uncle is a medical doctor. Will it even make sense if he says that the purpose of my visit as a nephew is to see tourist sites? Or to spend a few weeks with him only to see how they are doing?

- I am also going to travel out for the first time in my life outside Nigeria if this works out. If the USA visa officer asks me why I lack a travel experience (my old expired passport is empty, and the new one unused) what should I say?

- Although I want to visit some University institutions, I am interested in studying Masters in Social Work by virtue of my volunteer experience and academic field in social science. Pls is social work in high demand at USA? How good is social work degree in terms of job prospects and career in the USA?
boss man, if you dont have any travel exp if you are asked just say you havent had any reason to travel out of Nigeria before.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zellfoxx: 3:56pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:
Hi everyone. So my family and I just got our visas! I’m f1. Husband is F2 and child F2. I had a child in the U. S back in 2019. …

Congratulations to you and the family Ebi1. God did it.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ocpaschal: 3:57pm On May 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

If you want to apply for study visa, why don't you go with that instead of going to visit first then changing later.
I want to use this visit as an opportunity to convince my relative to sponsor me on a graduate study program within d state. That is the critical essence of this visit - if he agrees to it. Every family have different realities and complications.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedpromise: 4:02pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=Gdine post=112446611]Good Afternoon. Please add me to the group I want to have my interview in Abuja. Send me a message via email roycepromise@gmail.com or drop your email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aniomaman81(m): 4:28pm On May 10, 2022
I would advice you hold on a bit and apply as a transfer student with your transcripts, you definitely won't be able to get into the fall 2022 term unless the school is still accepting international student applications at this time; make the time lost count.

ChikaFay:
Hi guys
I need help ooo
I just saw the news about the extension of strike and omo I was heartbroken
I'm considering applying to schools in US
But the issue now is laying my hands on my transcripts, since schools are shut
Would you advice I apply as a freshman?
I have been able to complete only 2 years of university since 2018.
Please what's your advice for me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Digbick: 4:52pm On May 10, 2022
phillip2:
When did you upload it and how long does it take to be evaluated?
The time frame is what I want to know?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 360great(m): 5:20pm On May 10, 2022
I'm going to Texas. I just sent you a dm
Blessedpromise:
I’ll be having my interview in Abuja please if there is any group checking for available dates for Abuja or Lagos please add me in and also link for those going to Houston Texas please add me in as well. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jjbest(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2022
USembassyAbuja:
If you want to join the WhatsApp group for Abuja dates search. Kindly reply this post with your phone number.

PS. I'm not a staff of US embassy. Just a prospective student like you all seeking for interview date

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phillip2(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

Well, there was nothing wrong just that since you have BSc, OND wasn't necessary. It's fine though

Okay thanks,so I'm good to go then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phillip2(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2022
Digbick:

When did you upload it and how long does it take to be evaluated?
The time frame is what I want to know?

I already ad my transcript in Dia portal, so strike dint affect me. It dint take more than a week even.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Dear all,

Please my school is asking me to upload proof of account with 30, 000 dollars before they issue me i20. Can I upload a friends account now to obtain the i20 and when it is time for visa interview and then use my family account. I can’t use my family account now because the money in it is not yet complete. It will be complete in 2 months.

Please I need answers.

Yes, if the school doesn't write the name on the uploaded financial statement as your sponsor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2022
Aremu01:

No
You will be complicating things for yourself cos you will still have to present that same statement when it's time for interview and defending a friend sponsoring you might not fly with the VO.

So get the family member soa and use it so you don't waste your admission.

Only if the school indicates the name on the i-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2022
Why are you worried? There is no issue here. This is what they do for everybody.. The ND result you uploaded will stand as your 100L since the BSC transcript start from 200L, i guess you did Direct Entry.

I uploaded both and they calculated it together and gave me one final GPA.

phillip2:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 6:56pm On May 10, 2022
We don't have a group
bidemialade43:

I’ll be glad to be added to the group..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:57pm On May 10, 2022
Yes it includes weekends. Just count, forget weekends and weekdays.

Blessedpromise:
Hello everyone
Please I’d like to know if the 60 days emergency appointment is Weekends included. I heard it’s weekend excluded please I want to know if this is true.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 8:50pm On May 10, 2022
Hazealll:

Are you now going
They gave me 50% funding which I rejected
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 8:52pm On May 10, 2022
calculator123:

They gave me 50% funding which I rejected

Ah shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 8:54pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:

Those people dey work like spirit, I had all they needed yet I was given a blue slip, I just weak like this.

Don’t feel bad. Dust yourself up and reapply. You will surely get it next time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 10:08pm On May 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

I'd advise you get an extension letter from your school. 18th is not "really late"
Thanks
Also, I need advice on how to add my spouse’s ds 160 number to my profile because we used my account to book both appointments (dependent)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedpromise: 10:20pm On May 10, 2022
Please add me to the WhatsApp group for Abuja 08165636926
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Quonchovsymenez: 10:22pm On May 10, 2022
Please anyone here for updates

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedpromise: 10:25pm On May 10, 2022
Please add me up for available dates in Abuja 08165636926

(1) (2) (3) ... (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.