Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647213 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olugene(f): 9:51pm On May 09, 2022
Good evening everyone,

Please while filling my submitted DS form, I made a mistake and filled another one. Will the former one still be visible to the Visa Officer?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChikaFay: 10:20pm On May 09, 2022
UmmZayd:

Instead of applying as a freshman, you can apply as a transfer student

But I dont have my college transcripts available, non academic staffs are on strike too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChikaFay: 10:23pm On May 09, 2022
ThisGuy2020:
Apply as a freshman. If you start now, you’ll be able to enter next year, by God’s Grace.

I'm considering that, but won't I be asked what I have been up to since 2018.
I'm planning spring, its not too late to apply for the spring semester is it?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ocpaschal: 10:59pm On May 09, 2022
Ebi1:
getting a work visa isn't as easy as it seems because the US will want your employer to state that your position in the organization cannot be filled by a US citizen... this means that you need to have a certain level of skill/expertise to qualify... plus your employer has to pay to process the visa...

I know that it isn't easy getting a work visa. But what I'm asking is that "is it legal or lawful to switch your visitor visa to work visa after entering the USA with a visitor visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchew: 11:57pm On May 09, 2022
Please is there anyone going to Emporia State University this fall? Let’s connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 12:20am On May 10, 2022
I will be going
EyinjuGod:
Good morning nairalanders

Please who is going to SIUE,

Or who knows of there’s a group chat for the school, I’ll like to be added.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:28am On May 10, 2022
ChikaFay:

But I dont have my college transcripts available, non academic staffs are on strike too

But you can access the unofficial one on your student portal yeah?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adup(m): 12:29am On May 10, 2022
Good day to you over there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bayubose: 12:31am On May 10, 2022
Good to you sir/ma, my name is Bayo, I graduated from department of sociology with the cgpa of 4.53 at the Bowen university, I'm want to pursue my master degree program in sociology and I have been doing my research on the schools that offers the program but still haven't got any, please, i need your recommendation on the school that offers scholarships. hope to read from you all. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 1:42am On May 10, 2022
de3lar:
Good morning guys, I'll be going for my interview in Lagos tomorrow, 11am, please I need hotels close to the embassy as I'll be traveling to Lagos today. All suggestions are duly appreciated.

All the best, please share your transcript. Goodluck
again , no pressure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 2:27am On May 10, 2022
Olugene:
Good evening, everyone,

Please, while filling out my submitted DS form, I made a mistake and filled out another one. Will the former one still be visible to the Visa Officer?

Of course, YES. They will even see the one you are yet to fill.....

There should be a bot against these questions here, for goodness sake.

Of course, they won't see it. It is whichever one you have attached to your visa application 24hrs(not too sure if it's 24 or 48hrs) to your interview that would be visible to them. So you can create as many as you like. The DS 160 is enough stress even to be making unnecessary mistakes. Do try to get it right one or two times. I wish you best of Luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ugobent(m): 2:45am On May 10, 2022
Please help a brother....got denied of EA today in Lagos after applying for EA within the 60 days stipulated time frame, I'm to resume my school in 31th of this month.... please what's your advice to follow immediately. Really running out of time...

Thank you for your consideration.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bayubose: 5:56am On May 10, 2022
Good to you sir/ma, my name is Bayo, I graduated from department of sociology with the cgpa of 4.53 at the Bowen university, I'm want to pursue my master degree program in sociology and I have been doing my research on the schools that offers the program but still haven't got any, please, i need your recommendation on the school that offers scholarships. Hope to read from you all. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Evaowokotomo(f): 6:10am On May 10, 2022
Dear all,

Please my school is asking me to upload proof of account with 30, 000 dollars before they issue me i20. Can I upload a friends account now to obtain the i20 and when it is time for visa interview and then use my family account. I can’t use my family account now because the money in it is not yet complete. It will be complete in 2 months.

Please I need answers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aremu01(m): 6:30am On May 10, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Dear all,

Please my school is asking me to upload proof of account with 30, 000 dollars before they issue me i20. Can I upload a friends account now to obtain the i20 and when it is time for visa interview and then use my family account. I can’t use my family account now because the money in it is not yet complete. It will be complete in 2 months.

Please I need answers.

No
You will be complicating things for yourself cos you will still have to present that same statement when it's time for interview and defending a friend sponsoring you might not fly with the VO.

So get the family member soa and use it so you don't waste your admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olugene(f): 7:09am On May 10, 2022
grin
Thank you �
haywhy17:

Of course, they won't see it. It is whichever one you have attached to your visa application 24hrs(not too sure if it's 24 or 48hrs) to your interview that would be visible to them. So you can create as many as you like. The DS 160 is enough stress even to be making unnecessary mistakes. Do try to get it right one or two times. I wish you best of Luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwaseyii101: 7:49am On May 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes, update the new ID on the Visa page
Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchew: 8:07am On May 10, 2022
Aremu01:

No
You will be complicating things for yourself cos you will still have to present that same statement when it's time for interview and defending a friend sponsoring you might not fly with the VO.

So get the family member soa and use it so you don't waste your admission.

Does the embassy /VO have access to the POF/sponsor that you submitted to your school? What if it’s just written as personal funds in your I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:34am On May 10, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Dear all,

Please I need answers.

It depends on how your school categorizes the funds. Some schools assign any funds outside of GA/RA as personal funds. in that case, you won't have any worries about any such discrepancy. So yeah you can go ahead and use the account, 2 months' time might be too late to start seeking your i20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2022
ugobent:
Please help a brother....got denied of EA today in Lagos after applying for EA within the 60 days stipulated time frame, I'm to resume my school in 31th of this month.... please what's your advice to follow immediately. Really running out of time...

You should want to know why your EA was denied ( since you are supposedly qualified for one), were you able to submit all required docs; Sevis ID, completed DS-160 confirmation page, i-20 / Admission letter showing stipulated date of resumption? if you did all these and were still rejected, you can try resending them a mail or calling the consulate to plead your case. i think their numbers are on the US embassy site. or they've been posted here severally in the past. try to search. All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:41am On May 10, 2022
ocpaschal:
I know that it isn't easy getting a work visa. But what I'm asking is that "is it legal or lawful to switch your visitor visa to work visa after entering the USA with a visitor visa?

No it isn’t. It’s also not possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bidemialade43: 8:57am On May 10, 2022
degxyflexy:
I will be going
I’ll be glad to be added to the group..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:08am On May 10, 2022
?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olugene(f): 9:26am On May 10, 2022
Please can I send an email?
haywhy17:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jacknn: 10:15am On May 10, 2022
Guys pls help with schools that offer spring application with funding biko. I'm a geoscience student
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 10:27am On May 10, 2022
Hi everyone. So my family and I just got our visas! I’m f1. Husband is F2 and child F2.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 10:31am On May 10, 2022
Getting EA now is almost impossible… they gave me last minute yesterday. My family and I had to run all the way from Cotonou overnight to do the interview this morning… my school is starting May 23rd and I don’t think they wanted to give me…
ugobent:

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.