Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644135 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adextems: 10:45am On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:
Hi everyone. So my family and I just got our visas! I’m f1. Husband is F2 and child F2. I had a child in the U. S back in 2019. The lady who interviewed us was scary. Lol. African American. We wer praying for the white lady to interview us cus she was nice to others especially students… but yea we got the African American lady. She thrilled us! Lol first question- why University of Saint Thomas? I told her that’s where I got my master of liberal Arts degree from back in 2014 and the school does more than teaching, it focuses on morals and ethics and it’s a tight knit community cause it’s a small school that makes it easy to interact with lecturers … She then asked when last I visited the US… I said 2019. She said how long did I stay? I said 5 months. She said why did I stay for that long? I said cus I gave birth. She asked if I told the consulate officer that I was going to give birth? I said yes I was taken through secondary interrogation where I showed them my doctor’s invitation letter and receipt of hospital bill… I then had to back track and explained how I went for my sister’s graduation and during the visit I had to do a doctor’s routine checkup. Then the doctor told me he could help me through the pregnancy with ease as I had gestational diabetes that he wanted to control through diet…. So long story short, she said my visa was revoked when my husband applied for his visa while I was in the U. S then. I told her I wasn’t aware that it was revoked because I didn’t commit any offense. That The consular officer then thought I wasn’t going to come back and that I have no reason to overstay. Then she said ok. Do you know that it’s now illegal for foreigners to give birth in the U.S that hope I don’t plan on having kids during my program. My husband and I said no o that we have two for now and we are ok until after the program…. Then she asked Who will be sponsoring your program? I said my dad. Then she asked what he did. I told her… she then faced my husband and asked what he does… my husband said he has a restaurant… then I whispered to him to add Cotonou that our restaurant is in Cotonou… then he added it. Lol. She asked who will be running it when we travel… he said he has staffs that run the business. She said staff as in? He said he has staff and a brother that will be running it on his behalf. Then she typed and faced me again. What do I plan to do with the program… I said to add to my current business which is for African youths and that I plan to use my doctor of education program to create a training institute for young adults… plus she asked if I had any relatives in the US. I said yes two sisters. She asked if my two sisters are citizens. I said no they are non immigrants. She said what are they doing there. I said one is on H1B and the other is a student. oh I forgot to mention that she noticed I didn’t write my full name when asked for other names used… I thought I was meant to write any other name I’ve been called so I used my short name and maiden name instead of using my full name… anyways she was like she was going to correct it manually from her end…. So yea she gave us the Visa… we packed soooo many documents and she didn’t even care to look down at any… I even tried to show her some , she didn’t even look; she was just looking at the system…

Congratulations.
I remember you shared you and your husband’s profiles sometimes ago.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 10:55am On May 10, 2022
Congrats..

Was this at Abuja?

Ebi1:
Hi everyone. So my family and I just got our visas! I’m f1. Husband is F2 and child F2. I had a child in the U. S back in 2019. The lady who interviewed us was scary. Lol. African American. We wer praying for the white lady to interview us cus she was nice to others especially students… but yea we got the African American lady. She thrilled us! Lol first question- why University of Saint Thomas? I told her that’s where I got my master of liberal Arts degree from back in 2014 and the school does more than teaching, it focuses on morals and ethics and it’s a tight knit community cause it’s a small school that makes it easy to interact with lecturers … She then asked when last I visited the US… I said 2019. She said how long did I stay? I said 5 months. She said why did I stay for that long? I said cus I gave birth. She asked if I told the consulate officer that I was going to give birth? I said yes I was taken through secondary interrogation where I showed them my doctor’s invitation letter and receipt of hospital bill… I then had to back track and explained how I went for my sister’s graduation and during the visit I had to do a doctor’s routine checkup. Then the doctor told me he could help me through the pregnancy with ease as I had gestational diabetes that he wanted to control through diet…. So long story short, she said my visa was revoked when my husband applied for his visa while I was in the U. S then. I told her I wasn’t aware that it was revoked because I didn’t commit any offense. That The consular officer then thought I wasn’t going to come back and that I have no reason to overstay. Then she said ok. Do you know that it’s now illegal for foreigners to give birth in the U.S that hope I don’t plan on having kids during my program. My husband and I said no o that we have two for now and we are ok until after the program…. Then she asked Who will be sponsoring your program? I said my dad. Then she asked what he did. I told her… she then faced my husband and asked what he does… my husband said he has a restaurant… then I whispered to him to add Cotonou that our restaurant is in Cotonou… then he added it. Lol. She asked who will be running it when we travel… he said he has staffs that run the business. She said staff as in? He said he has staff and a brother that will be running it on his behalf. Then she typed and faced me again. What do I plan to do with the program… I said to add to my current business which is for African youths and that I plan to use my doctor of education program to create a training institute for young adults… plus she asked if I had any relatives in the US. I said yes two sisters. She asked if my two sisters are citizens. I said no they are non immigrants. She said what are they doing there. I said one is on H1B and the other is a student. oh I forgot to mention that she noticed I didn’t write my full name when asked for other names used… I thought I was meant to write any other name I’ve been called so I used my short name and maiden name instead of using my full name… anyways she was like she was going to correct it manually from her end…. So yea she gave us the Visa… we packed soooo many documents and she didn’t even care to look down at any… I even tried to show her some , she didn’t even look; she was just looking at the system…
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 11:00am On May 10, 2022
Lagos

dfutbolar:
Congrats..

Was this at Abuja?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2022
A big congratulations to you and your family.
Ebi1:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timexxy: 11:03am On May 10, 2022
send a mail to me at adeyeyetimileyin95@gmail.com

ameristu:

Did you get a whatsapp group? Can you add me?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timexxy: 11:04am On May 10, 2022
Kindly send a mail to at adeyeyetimileyin95@gmail.com
Tinafusty:

Am going to Maryland too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 11:24am On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:
Getting EA now is almost impossible… I had to pull strings to get mine… they gave me last minute yesterday. My family and I had to run all the way from Cotonou overnight to do the interview this morning… my school is starting May 23rd and I don’t think they wanted to give me…
Congratulations!
Please can you share how you were able to "pull strings“. Resumption date is same as yours but was only able to get an EA for 18th which is really late

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iamakbar(m): 11:27am On May 10, 2022
I pray you get your visa approved. Congratulations in advance.

Ebi1:
Getting EA now is almost impossible… I had to pull strings to get mine… they gave me last minute yesterday. My family and I had to run all the way from Cotonou overnight to do the interview this morning… my school is starting May 23rd and I don’t think they wanted to give me…

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:30am On May 10, 2022
Myfavour22:

Congratulations!
Please can you share how you were able to "pull strings“. Resumption date is same as yours but was only able to get an EA for 18th which is really late

I'd advise you get an extension letter from your school. 18th is not "really late"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 11:34am On May 10, 2022
Oga at the top…but yea I don’t think you can change it… the date I had before the EA was May 2023…
Myfavour22:

Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by paulmichael: 11:35am On May 10, 2022
Congratulations !!!
Zelabina:
A big congratulations to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChikaFay: 12:08pm On May 10, 2022
UmmZayd:

But you can access the unofficial one on your student portal yeah?

I'll be needing a scratch card, and I need to get it from school
And non academic staffs are on strike too..
So no
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 12:12pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:

Congratulations ma, I read your comments about having A's earlier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 12:18pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:
congratulations I’m so happy for you and your family

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:

That same White lady rejected mine.

Our discussion was short and brief and boom, blue slip

That Black American was later nice and the white one was brutal, the White lady interviewed a lady for almost 30mins, still later gave her blue slip, the woman wanna cry.

Anyhow sha, we move.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 12:24pm On May 10, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Dear all,

Please my school is asking me to upload proof of account with 30, 000 dollars before they issue me i20. Can I upload a friends account now to obtain the i20 and when it is time for visa interview and then use my family account. I can’t use my family account now because the money in it is not yet complete. It will be complete in 2 months.

Please I need answers.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2022
My earliest resumption date is 24th July, can I pay another visa fee and apply again, please I need suggestions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 12:28pm On May 10, 2022
Vahn:
Yes you can

On your i20 , they will simply state that your funding source is “family funds”

School doesn’t send statements to the embassy

Just take a genuine statement to the enbassy, dont use any fake statements

Those people dey work like spirit, I had all they needed yet I was given a blue slip, I just weak like this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChikaFay: 12:40pm On May 10, 2022
Moshkom:
Moshkom’s Friday Rant.

Dear Agents and Relative Abroad,

Thanks for the relatively and monetary help you’re trying to give some of ‘our’ applicants. But please, in all you do STOP telling or letting them know that applying for UNDERGRADUATE is the best bet in this USA path. Biko, it’s never the best, esp when the applicant is above 21years of age; and/or finished from high school more than 2yrs ago.

Aside the age factor, there are other factors on why undergraduate isn’t the best route; like the VO would have thoughts on why you don’t undergo your own undergraduate like ‘others’ did.

Now don’t get me wrong, applying for undergraduate is NOT a red flag, it’s NOT!! just make sure you do it well by applying to the RIGHT SCHOOLS that are NOT red flag and applying at the RIGHT AGE, these two factors are VERY VERY IMPORTANT.

Yeah, it’s easier for some agents to apply to COMMUNITY COLLEGE for applicants because the process is EASY and the possible agreement between you guys is “Number of Admissions” = Payment Agreement; or so, and as a ‘Desperate Novice’ you easily fall for it since you don’t know and you want to JUST get admission and ‘Japa’. Nothing concern agent after him don give you the admission wey you want / pay for oh. Lol

And also, ‘our relatives abroad’ that think to enter Yankee is just by “getting any admission to any school”, “just apply to this or that school, if you don get admission, you go enter Yankee” Lol. Na before oh, not now anymore. How you entered then is not ‘like’ the way anymore oh. Biko, know the new update about F1 process before giving advise to your folks.

Oh! Yeah, thoughts of:

“Sheyb e work for this and that”

“I don see person wey go with am”

“Everything na Grace”.

What work for ‘this’ easily might take your own ‘that’ 5 attempts. Why want to waste your funds, time and possible having ‘red profile’ on your USA application database (Ds160).
Why want to play with your own emotion of thinking you’re a ‘failure’? When denials comes in from your own fault.

- WHY APPLY FOR AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE when you can APPLY FOR A BACHELOR DEGREE??
- WHY APPLY TO/FOR A COMMUNITY COLLEGE when you can APPLY TO/FOR A UNIVERSITY.
- WHY WANT TO GO FOR UNDERGRADUATE AGAIN when you can easily finish your Undergraduate and apply for a MASTER or DOCTORATE DEGREE.
- WHY WANT TO LEAVE YOUR CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE TO APPLY FOR ANOTHER UNDERGRADUATE when you can and should easily finish and shoot for Msc or Phd. Which stands better chance.

Oh!

You’ve a low cgpa during our undergraduate, reason why another Bsc application? No na, you can easily do result evaluation and so to apply for Msc.

You’re desperate to Japa ? They would be there waiting for your 67,twos.

PS: There are more then 4,000 graduate institutions in The USA, so zero excuse to apply to a ‘wrong’ school.

Fun Fact: NO YOUNG AGE or OLD AGE TO APPLY FOR A MSC or PHD DEGREE but there’s an OLD AGE for BSC application.

Ok, GRACE factor (Wetin Nigerians like to hear). Lol

GOD NO GO SHAME US.

- MOSHKOM

You said when you can easily finish BSC here, bro, ive been in 2nd year since 2018, I'm not getting any younger, FG go frustrate you, it's worth a try las las..
Cuz me I'm giving it a try oo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 12:46pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:
Good morning guys, I'll be going for my interview in Lagos tomorrow, 11am, please I need hotels close to the embassy as I'll be traveling to Lagos today. All suggestions are duly appreciated.

How was your interview?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 12:49pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:

Congratulations on your approval.

Your case seems complicated and impossible but God came through for you.
I noticed you were confident with your answers. That and God's grace must have paved way for you.
I thank God for your life and this should be a lesson to everyone that Us visa is a case by case ISH.

Don't be discouraged, be prepared, pray and go for the interview.
Don't allow anyone discourage you especially the people going as F1 & f2.

Congratulations again ma'am. Your resources and labor was not in vain. I am really happy for you.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ocpaschal: 12:49pm On May 10, 2022
Please I want to clarify on a few things; My Uncle wants to write an invitation letter to recommend me to visit him in USA thru the visitor visa. So I am composing a letter with samples I've seen on Google search. I want to add the right content on the purpose of my visit. So I need to ask the following;

- Is it advisable for my uncle to indicate on the invitation letter as a purpose of visit that I would be visiting my uncle in the USA to also have a look at a University facilities etc within the state in order to weigh my options on whether to apply from Nigeria for Graduate studies at the USA University when returning to Nigeria?

- My uncle is a medical doctor. Will it even make sense if he says that the purpose of my visit as a nephew is to see tourist sites? Or to spend a few weeks with him only to see how they are doing?

- I am also going to travel out for the first time in my life outside Nigeria if this works out. If the USA visa officer asks me why I lack a travel experience (my old expired passport is empty, and the new one unused) what should I say?

- Although I want to visit some University institutions, I am interested in studying Masters in Social Work by virtue of my volunteer experience and academic field in social science. Pls is social work in high demand at USA? How good is social work degree in terms of job prospects and career in the USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:
congratsssss. Safe flight.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ocpaschal: 12:56pm On May 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No it isn’t. It’s also not possible.
what of switching from visitor visa to student/study visa ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicko3: 1:05pm On May 10, 2022
Congratulations to you and your family
Ebi1:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 1:35pm On May 10, 2022
As in!!!! When she said revoked my heart skipped and I was like this is it… I thought it was over…. My initial fear was that I’d get a visa with my baby and my husband wouldn’t but that whole revoked talk was really scary! Glad God helped us get through that situation with joy…
BunmiBie:

Congratulations on your approval.

Your case seems complicated and impossible but God came through for you.
I noticed you were confident with your answers. That and God's grace must have paved way for you.
I thank God for your life and this should be a lesson to everyone that Us visa is a case by case ISH.

Don't be discouraged, be prepared, pray and go for the interview.
Don't allow anyone discourage you especially the people going as F1 & f2.

Congratulations again ma'am. Your resources and labor was not in vain. I am really happy for you.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 1:45pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:

Those people dey work like spirit, I had all they needed yet I was given a blue slip, I just weak like this.

Don't be discouraged.
Share your transcript here.
Sorry about the delay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:46pm On May 10, 2022
ocpaschal:
what of switching from visitor visa to student/study visa ?

No. You’ll have to return to your country and apply for the student visa.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PecAbby: 1:48pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:

Congratulations Ma'am
This is soooo encouraging.
I'm applying with my husband and 2kids for F1 and F2 visas by July.
I receive my own good news too

Please did you have any deficit in your COA...mine has a deficit of 10k

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchew: 1:51pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:

Congratulations to you and your family!
I tap into your blessings
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by toolluu: 1:51pm On May 10, 2022
hello everyone, it's not 60 days to school resumption(August 16) but I've got emergency appointment in abuja next month. will it wont count against me?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchew: 1:56pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:

So sorry to hear.
Don’t feel discouraged.
Take some time to learn from what went wrong, prepare again and re-apply

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.