Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami (85930 Views)

How To Check Your NIN Status & View Unknown Numbers Linked To Your NIN / Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
chiemmanuel:
in my organisation,each sub department has a phone attached for calls, whose NIN will they be registered,NIMC Has to come up with a policy
Well ... It's an internal issue and I'm sure you guys will figure it out.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Gabbriell: 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
LaEvilIMiss:

Counting population does 3 key things
1: Determines which region the national economic resources are prioritized to
2: Determines Political scales
3: Federal Appointments

You're over thinking it.

NIN is not for counting population. The primary aim is to get a National identity card.

Population counting is different as it include both children of all ages.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by chiemmanuel(m): 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
xProfx:

Well ... It's an internal issue and I'm sure you guys will figure it out.
Are we NIMC?
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
chiemmanuel:

Are we NIMC?

Lol... cheesy
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Spectrum22: 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
There are legitimate businesses that requires an individual owning more than seven sim cards, what now happens to this group?

1 Like

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
Gabbriell:

You're over thinking it.

NIN is not for counting population. The primary aim is to get a National identity card.

the poster asked a question on population and i answered - I know what NIN is for
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
lexy2014:

Did u just drop from d sky or from a different planet? Does this grammar work in Nigeria? Where have seen d above u wrote practicalised in Nigeria & what benefit is what u wrote to d average nigerian?

... well I was assuming that not everyone is a ninny, cept for a few obvious ones
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by wellmax(m): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
talk2hb1:

At least I possess 3 sim card of each network, so they want me to ditch the remaining Sims.
That's not fair ooo cry
What is a normal human being doing with more than 2sims. Except you are into fraud or some other illegality
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by ideylaff: 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
[quote author=mu2sa2 post=97902595]Each staff should link the Sim to his/her NIN. If the Sims were registered embloc by the company, individual staff will perhaps re-register the Sim in their own names before linking with NIN.. [/quoted not well

Makes no sense and the who thing was not well thought through.

Why will and individual link his personal NIN to a Business Line that belongs to a company?

Also what happens to the elderly ?

People with disability?

People in hospitals and also incapacitated people?

People in Diaspora? The so called centres outside Nigeria practically exist by audio names and not operational

Yet the deadline is looming in a few weeks.

What a bunch of idiots our decision makers are.

Knee jerk fools
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by talk2hb1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
wellmax:

What is a normal human being doing with more than 2sims. Except you are into fraud or some other illegality
I dunno, browsing ain't illegal neither is it Fraudulent
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
chiemmanuel:
What of companies that have numerous SIM cards for their staff

Like CUG lines
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by ideylaff: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
Gabbriell:

You're over thinking it.

The NIN is nothing but a Unique identifier of one centrally within Nigerian records and database.

The linking to SIM cards was brought about because of the high kidnapping rate.

They concluded if they can link individuals to their respective SIM numbers, they can trace most of the kidnappings happening

What they did not think of its not a 2 month plan , need to be well implemented

Thats the problem with our country , plans are not well thought about

1 Like

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
is this not the same man that said we cannot have more than 4 sims?
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by lexy2014: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
LaEvilIMiss:

... well I was assuming that not everyone is a ninny, cept for a few obvious ones

Doesn't answer my questions:

"Did u just drop from d sky or from a different planet? Does this grammar work in Nigeria? Where have seen d above u wrote practicalised in Nigeria & what benefit is what u wrote to d average nigerian?"
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by chiemmanuel(m): 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
emmachukwu99:

Like CUG lines
yes

1 Like

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by HandsomeBlack: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
If you still believe 7 sims per person is not too small, it's either you don't run businesses or you've not worked/managed a big company before.
In this age of Internet Of Things, a sim card is needed to connect many of the IoT devices. Someone mentioned about having a fleet of 45cars with car tracker installed on each. For those of you who fail to understand the genuine concern, imagine that this businessman with 45cars also runs a generator sales business, a laundry shop, and a pure water factory. He needs different customer care lines for each of those businesses. Only customer care lines can be up to 2 or 3, depending on the size of the business. He can't link those lines to staff NIN because they can be fired or resign anytime.
Also, If you're a netpreneur who's business needs constant availability of data, you will find it wise to have the 4 networks so you can switch when one is acting up.
Since the major reason behind this linking is to checkmate criminals using phone lines to commit crimes, even if one person decides to own a million sim cards, they can all be traced to him if any of them is used to commit a crime. If at all there would be limits, it should be something higher to accommodate genuine business people and companies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
lexy2014:
Doesn't answer my questions

I get small free time

Question 1: Did u just drop from d sky or from a different planet?
Answer 1: Planet Earth - Nigeria

Question 2: Does this grammar work in Nigeria?
Answer 2: It is applied in Nigeria by the Federal Government - It is rooted in how many LGAs you have in your state juxtaposed with the population count (estimated)

Question 3: Where have seen d above u wrote practicalised in Nigeria?
Answer 3: https://yourbudgit.com/

Question 4: what benefit is what u wrote to d average nigerian?
Answer 4: It was meant for the poster not Average Nigerians unless you mean to say that the poster is a dullard and Nigerians are dullards as well being the "average"

Perhaps as a Nigerian - you should pay close attention to Election numbers (rigged or otherwise)
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by lexy2014: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
ideylaff:

The NIN is nothing but a Unique identifier of one centrally within Nigerian records and database.

The linking to SIM cards was brought about because of the high kidnapping rate.

They concluded if they can link individuals to their respective SIM numbers, they can trace most of the kidnappings happening

What they did not think of its not a 2 month plan , need to be well implemented

Thats the problem with our country , plans are not well thought about

Not well thought at all. Even d kidnapping reason is a ruse. It's d same way they said BVN will be used to stop d same kidnapping, internet fraud& corruption but here we are. Nothing has changed. NIN will not stop kidnapping
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by rockyh(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
What of people using prepaid meters and don't even know the number moreso how to register the line

1 Like

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Malawian(m): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ishilove:

I think the staff that did the capturing on behalf of the company will use his/her NIN
What if he or she is no longer in the company's employ?
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by lexy2014: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
LaEvilIMiss:

I get small free time

Question 1: Did u just drop from d sky or from a different planet?
Answer 1: Planet Earth - Nigeria

Question 2: Does this grammar work in Nigeria?
Answer 2: It is applied in Nigeria by the Federal Government - It is rooted in how many LGAs you have in your state juxtaposed with the population count (estimated)

Question 3: Where have seen d above u wrote practicalised in Nigeria?
Answer 3: https://yourbudgit.com/

Question 4: what benefit is what u wrote to d average nigerian?
Answer 4: It was meant for the poster not Average Nigerians unless you mean to say that the poster is a dullard and Nigerians are dullards as well being the "average"

Perhaps as a Nigerian - you should pay close attention to Election numbers (rigged or otherwise)

What sharing formula was used here?:

https://www.thecable.ng/3557-in-kano-3131-in-lagos-fg-releases-sharing-formula-for-first-batch-of-covid-19-vaccine-doses

Does Lagos State get more federal appointments more than Kano because of it's population or does Kano get more federal appointments than Lagos or any other state because of it's 44 LGAs?

For your number 2 answer which says:

"Answer 2: It is applied in Nigeria by the Federal Government - It is rooted in how many LGAs you have in your state juxtaposed with the population count (estimated)"

This report says something different:
https://nairametrics.com/2020/01/15/states-receive-n2-53-trillion-allocation-in-2019/

According to u, population count "determines which region the national economic resources are prioritized to".

Not sure which economic resources have been moved to a particular region in recent times as a result of population count
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Hileyrimee: 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Okay ooo... We are watching.

Need a Superb Copywriter or Article writer? WhatsApp 08123246806 now.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 11, 2021
Conner44:
Seriously? undecided

A friend of mine who’s an engineer went up north for a building work and was returning with this Toyota hiace bus along with 2 of his workers and he told me that while passing somewhere in Adamawa state their bus was stopped by immigration officers who demanded they all come down and show their ID’s.

He couldn’t hold his surprise when he noticed that out of the 18 passengers on board it was just him and his two colleagues who had valid sources of identification. The rest were apparent northerners who couldn’t even speak English and didn’t even have phones talk more of ID cards.

After bribing the immigration guys they were all told to enter the bus and continue their journey to the south.

Now let’s do some maths :

One hummer bus passed with 15 apparent immigrants. If 100 passes in a day that’s 1,500 immigrants. (Just for hiace only oh)

What of Sienna? Commuter? Private? Etc all carrying their own various amounts of immigrants?

I project at least 10,000 immigrants coming soy that per day from one particular route from the north in Nigeria today. And this is very worrying.
I hope this NIN and SIM palava isn’t a ploy to grant them automatic citizenship via one mago-mago way or another
Ans what you dont know is 90% of those so called Northerners aint even from 9ja! They are from Niger Republic, they normally pay 2k to Immigration office to allow them enter 9ja boarders.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by calcal: 1:07am On Jan 11, 2021
one can see that this government is just insecure, chasing sim card about non-sense
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by mabeni(m): 3:01am On Jan 11, 2021
chiemmanuel:
What of companies that have numerous SIM cards for their staff
they expect each staff to link their office line to their NIN.
BUT what happens when they are leaving the company?

1 Like

Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by evanvick: 6:18am On Jan 11, 2021
It takes too long to receive the OTP. by the time it arrives it becomes useless.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by wellmax(m): 7:02am On Jan 11, 2021
talk2hb1:

I dunno, browsing ain't illegal neither is it Fraudulent

And you require 8 sims to browse. Only fraudulent intent will make you do that.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by talk2hb1(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2021
wellmax:

And you require 8 sims to browse. Only fraudulent intent will make you do that.
Pecks
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by Omeizadean(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2021
Conner44:
Seriously? undecided

A friend of mine who’s an engineer went up north for a building work and was returning with this Toyota hiace bus along with 2 of his workers and he told me that while passing somewhere in Adamawa state their bus was stopped by immigration officers who demanded they all come down and show their ID’s.

He couldn’t hold his surprise when he noticed mthat out of the 18 passengers on board it was just him and his two colleagues who had valid sources of identification. The rest were apparent northerners who couldn’t even speak English and didn’t even have phones talk more of ID cards.

After bribing the immigration guys they were all told to enter the bus and continue their journey to the south.

Now let’s do some maths :

One hummer bus passed with 15 apparent immigrants. If 100 passes in a day that’s 1,500 immigrants. (Just for hiace only oh)

What of Sienna? Commuter? Private? Etc all carrying their own various amounts of immigrants?

I project at least 10,000 immigrants coming soy that per day from one particular route from the north in Nigeria today. And this is very worrying.
I hope this NIN and SIM palava isn’t a ploy to grant them automatic citizenship via one mago-mago way or another

The write up sound and smell like a fart from bull's couchie.

There is no anywhere u can find even five northerners now without phone or valid identification card.
What about the voters card that the northerners largely possessed?
Stop belittling other tribes to make urs look uber.

U must be igbo and ibo smoker.
Re: 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami by ayusco85(m): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2021
CodeTemplar:
I suspect this is an attempt to count population with a new method. They might just take count of NINs and ask for family details.

Are we not in the technology age, why do we have to do a physical head count while we can actually use NIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Dialed This *559*40# On My Mtn Line And Got This. / Recommend Good Android Games That Are Less Than 250 / Leaked Features Of Iphone 8 Shows No Touch ID And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.