Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,711 members, 7,955,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls (66738 Views)

My Girlfriend Is No Longer Picking My Calls Because Of Easter Chicken / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls / “He Stopped Picking My Calls After I Refused Him Sex” – Bride-To-Be Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

This boy(acclaimed salafi) who insults scholars at will is here putting mouth in boyfriend/Haram relationship issue
Mention d scholar i abuse, i am n0t begging or do u see me plead?am asking for financial aid and since no one shows up. I av even wanted to delete or erase the thread xef. I just dnt know how ni.. If u have dalil that is sure against anything am saying. .post it fa. All these personal attack wont save u. Unlike Alaro that a sufi attacks personally and sue the sufi to court. . Laughing . .if u have capacity to help me. .do it . .30k is ok
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by NoToPile: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2021
princepalace:
My dear, sorry for what happened between you people. Devil is a liar and he has failed over you people. Apologise to him. Tell him you are serious even though to you you are not wrong, but do it. Do the following henceforth to take your relationship to the higher level which will continue while married to him eventually :
- always put him first in the picture of anything you want to do in life
- give him sense of Belonging all the time as your number one fan after God
- never see him as your rival or you are in competition with him
- never give room for feminism in your relationship with him
- make your total submission to him as non negotiable.
I am very sure if you had handled the case differently, you won't found yourself in this scenario.
My dear, the car is giving me problems. What do you think if we change it?. With this position you took, you have involved him from onset, and you should allow him to handle the whole process of choice of choosing, placement of order, payment, clearance, registration. Etc. Since you have the cash, with humility, Transfer the cash to him and trust him for proper handling and execution of it since your relationship is 4 years plus. At least
trust is built already. Don't give him that attitude that it is my money I work for it I can spend it as I like I don't need his permission to do whatever I like with it. Yes you are right, but your type of man may not like that stuff. If you can not do or practice such life with him, you can chicken out and look for your type. But please safe your relationship

grin grin grin @ the bolded. She should be walking on eggshells around a man she is not married to on top of money she worked for to buy what she needs.

It seems you don't understand, that guy will never be comfortable with any success she makes, that is a receipe for disaster, if she likes she should be extra ordinarily humble, the man will never be satisfied. You can not satisfy such men.

Women who have experienced this will tell you

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by lexiwonder(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2021
BigDick70inch:
till we hear from him sha.....
Yes o.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by showafrica(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2021
Oluromantic:
What I see is incompatibility. I say so because what he did was wrong and your reaction also was mean. See lemme tell you one secret. When your partner does some extremely annoying things, it always wise not to obey your instinct of revenge because at long last, people won't see his wrong but blame you for your extreme reaction. That's the formula most men use to avoid physical abuse of their women.

You shouldn't have cut the call on him. And from the story, you seem to have had him in mind over his lack of support in previous times which was what pushed you to react that way, because if that wasn't the case, your conscience would strike you to call back and apologize for hanging up on him...that's the normal thing when in love.

Besides, waiting a whole week to call him back, truth be told, you seem to be emotionally stable than him and you're using it as strength against him. He seem more emotional, that's why he wanted to year you say something affectionate about taking his little offer of support for the car. If you had joked about it and gave him a tender feeling that you'll take his offer, that would have puffed up his masculinity and he'll feel honored. You need to study his psychic to know what response will soothe him.

You both need to open up to each other more. That issue of asking him for money because you have been the one supporting him was probably presented as a sudden rise of intelligence which he's not been used to from you. You shouldn't have presented it like "I can't afford it, I need your help". It would have been better if you had presented it like "I can afford it but I want ur support so I can remember you and brag of you" Not like a revenge strategy now but like I want your influence and aura in my things. That will not only make you wify but will also make him feel you believe in him. Wish I could advice you privately

Independent women don't reason or act this way, faking it is more deadly. Guy man should go look for his mate while boss mama should go look for a man she can lord, simple. The stress of making money makes a woman bossy, it is difficult to play wify in a relationship unless the husband is more bossy, stronger and richer than her.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Mypeople2(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
He shouldn't have reacted like that.That is wrong. Men these days are looking for strong and independent ladies .Now that he has one, he is acting weird .Kindly move on with your life if does call you .Many guys are here waiting to grasp you with both hands.No dulling!
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by ThatFairGuy1: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
Emi ni boy? Laughing. .which scholar i insulted o. .ofcourse its haram relationship but that doesnt mean i cant advise her
You're still a boy. A very small one as that.

You seems newly practicing Sunnah and you feels pompous about it, it's very obvious.

All what you does here on NL contradicts who you claimed to be.
You don't even understand this said Sunnah.

you created a thread to beg while begging is clearly frown at in Islam.

This is what Ibtidaahi (beginners )students would have been thought in Madrasah, but you who'll always come online to insult and takfir Sunnah scholars is here violating this little thing.

عَنْ عَائِذِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّم لَوْ تَعْلَمُونَ مَا فِي الْمَسْأَلَةِ مَا مَشَى أَحَدٌ إِلَى أَحَدٍ يَسْأَلُهُ شَيْئًا

The bone of contention is, you need to get well fed about Islam (Sunnah), if you do your attitudes and reactions changes.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by princepalace: 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
My dear, sorry for what happened between you people. Devil is a liar and he has failed over you people. Apologise to him. Tell him you are sorry even though to you you are not wrong, but do it. Do the following henceforth to take your relationship to the higher level which will continue while married to him eventually :
- always put him first in the picture of anything you want to do in life
- give him sense of Belonging all the time as your number one fan after God
- never see him as your rival or you are in competition with him
- never give room for feminism in your relationship with him
- make your total submission to him as non negotiable.
I am very sure if you had handled the case differently, you won't found yourself in this scenario.
My dear, the car is giving me problems. What do you think if we change it?. With this position you took, you have involved him from onset, and you should allow him to handle the whole process of choice of choosing, placement of order, payment, clearance, registration. Etc. Since you have the cash, with humility, Transfer the cash to him and trust him for proper handling and execution of it since your relationship is 4 years plus. At least
trust is built already. Don't give him that attitude that it is my money I work for it I can spend it as I like I don't need his permission to do whatever I like with it. Yes you are right, but your type of man may not like that stuff. If you can not do or practice such life with him, you can chicken out and look for your type. But please safe your relationship
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by zakkxx: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
My sister next life or relationship u go get sense!!! Stop fornicating befor marriage u go say na old school now how far? He has nak u tire he want to move but you want closure from him!!! Be wise pls if u have not sleep with him e no go pain u!! But the guy has sleep with u within that four years he need some things fresh!! Don’t sleep with any man till your wedding night!!! Call it old school u never see any thing u go cry tie!!
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by rapcy(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
Oluromantic:
What I see is incompatibility. I say so because what he did was wrong and your reaction also was mean. See lemme tell you one secret. When your partner does some extremely annoying things, it always wise not to obey your instinct of revenge because at long last, people won't see his wrong but blame you for your extreme reaction. That's the formula most men use to avoid physical abuse of their women.

You shouldn't have cut the call on him. And from the story, you seem to have had him in mind over his lack of support in previous times which was what pushed you to react that way, because if that wasn't the case, your conscience would strike you to call back and apologize for hanging up on him...that's the normal thing when in love.

Besides, waiting a whole week to call him back, truth be told, you seem to be emotionally stable than him and you're using it as strength against him. He seem more emotional, that's why he wanted to year you say something affectionate about taking his little offer of support for the car. If you had joked about it and gave him a tender feeling that you'll take his offer, that would have puffed up his masculinity and he'll feel honored. You need to study his psychic to know what response will soothe him.

You both need to open up to each other more. That issue of asking him for money because you have been the one supporting him was probably presented as a sudden rise of intelligence which he's not been used to from you. You shouldn't have presented it like "I can't afford it, I need your help". It would have been better if you had presented it like "I can afford it but I want ur support so I can remember you and brag of you" Not like a revenge strategy now but like I want your influence and aura in my things. That will not only make you wify but will also make him feel you believe in him. Wish I could advice you privately

Naija guys grin
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by bubu2019: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
Do not be offended, I think you are his new year resolution,

You follow inside the lists of those things he wants to get rid of.
Move on with your life sister, better now than later

Wish you all the best
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by cooooooks(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
1. They're not married and their finances are not co mingled.

2. He was informed, according to her, every step of the way.

3. The person I responded to did not say anything about advice. It was, anything you want to do with money needs the permission of your husband.

Read well Mr. Man.

habsydiamond:
am sorry for u Oga... If ur wife can't seek for ur advice b4 getting something....that means u guys have interchanged positions oo... Even b4 the husband gets something into the house he must consult his wife... It only if it's a surprise.... Thats accepted... In my opinion sha
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by habsydiamond(m): 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
cooooooks:
1. They're not married and their finances are not co mingled.

2. He was informed, according to her, every step of the way.

3. The person I responded to did not say anything about advice. It was, anything you want to do with money needs the permission of your husband.

Read well Mr. Man.

I have heard u sir.. But what about the version of the guy.. Have u heard what he has to story about this story
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by emperorventure4(m): 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
With what you wrote hear, I see lies you can't tell me that He said all mean things to you and you kept silent. You must have said something to offend him and ended the call on his ear. Because for Him to apologize for not supporting you financially after supporting you morally then there is something you are not telling us
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by samwillyco1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
Based
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Biggers82(m): 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
Look for another peniss and continue the fuc_kking no time to waste ok.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by odehsun: 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really been a perfect relationship. Lots of ups and downs due to what I can term insecurity. At some point we're cool and the next minute issues arises just like every other relationship.

He's a good guy to some extent as he showers me with love ( my thoughts)and a lot of times he gives gifts not money though. I've had to give financial assistance to him alot of times, he returns some if he deemed it necessary and doesn't return if he so wishes. I've never complained about this and still always willing to help him out whenever he is in need. Pls note that we're both financially ok.

This gesture of me offering him financial help stopped when I realise he doesn't do same to me. I've had to test him on serval occasions that I needed financial help and he has never for once helped out on those request despite knowing he has. I never needed the money though, I made those request to know if I could actually fall back to him if I'm in need.

Last year October, I told him about my plans of getting a new car as I got tired of the one I was using. Pls note that I did not request him to buy for me neither did I ask for any support whatsoever. I contacted my source in the US with my budget and spec, was able to find one in a short time and I paid for it. All of this moves were known to him. By December, the car arrived and cleared accordingly with every expenses incurred payed by me. He gave some moral support though.

A week after getting the car, he called me one morning and started apologising for not supporting financially in getting the car which I told him I had no issues with that. I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it. The next I heard was him ranting on phone that he doesn't expect less from me, said I'm a proud and that he knew I wasn't going to be a good wife. He said he has always known I wasn't going to be a submissive wife and a whole lot of other derogatory words despite not having issues whatsoever prior to that time. I ended the call as I was so surprised he could say those mean words to me.

All through that day he didn't call back and I did not as well cos I was expecting him to realise I was hurt by his actions. A week pass and still no call from him so I decided to call him and he didn't pick. I'd sent a lot of of messages to him and has not replied to any. I'd gone to his house to check up on him and not met him too. Its been three weeks now and we haven't spoken and seen despite all of my effort to talk to him and or see.

Guys please I'm confused and do not know how to handle the issue. Pls advice.

I feel for You cos you are truly in love. Just give it one extra month, if he doesn't realise your importance in his life and return back to You, pls move on with your life. Most men are afraid of women who are financially independent taken it for insurbodination then again be careful of men who chew-gums U for being financially independence. God will give U a true man who will not waste ur time like this dude. 4 years and no marital head way.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by poiZon: 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really been a perfect relationship. Lots of ups and downs due to what I can term insecurity. At some point we're cool and the next minute issues arises just like every other relationship.

He's a good guy to some extent as he showers me with love ( my thoughts)and a lot of times he gives gifts not money though. I've had to give financial assistance to him alot of times, he returns some if he deemed it necessary and doesn't return if he so wishes. I've never complained about this and still always willing to help him out whenever he is in need. Pls note that we're both financially ok.

This gesture of me offering him financial help stopped when I realise he doesn't do same to me. I've had to test him on serval occasions that I needed financial help and he has never for once helped out on those request despite knowing he has. I never needed the money though, I made those request to know if I could actually fall back to him if I'm in need.

Last year October, I told him about my plans of getting a new car as I got tired of the one I was using. Pls note that I did not request him to buy for me neither did I ask for any support whatsoever. I contacted my source in the US with my budget and spec, was able to find one in a short time and I paid for it. All of this moves were known to him. By December, the car arrived and cleared accordingly with every expenses incurred payed by me. He gave some moral support though.

A week after getting the car, he called me one morning and started apologising for not supporting financially in getting the car which I told him I had no issues with that. I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it. The next I heard was him ranting on phone that he doesn't expect less from me, said I'm a proud and that he knew I wasn't going to be a good wife. He said he has always known I wasn't going to be a submissive wife and a whole lot of other derogatory words despite not having issues whatsoever prior to that time. I ended the call as I was so surprised he could say those mean words to me.

All through that day he didn't call back and I did not as well cos I was expecting him to realise I was hurt by his actions. A week pass and still no call from him so I decided to call him and he didn't pick. I'd sent a lot of of messages to him and has not replied to any. I'd gone to his house to check up on him and not met him too. Its been three weeks now and we haven't spoken and seen despite all of my effort to talk to him and or see.

Please that ur old car did u sell it?
I for like borrow am do bolt. God bless u.
Sorry i dont know the kind advice to give since me am jobless.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by praz001(m): 2:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
'Nairaland judges'........

'Audi alteram partem'..
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by victorazyvictor(m): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
saydfact:

I dated my wife for 10 years also - why u had the luxury of long distance relationship (WHICH ALLOWS FOR MINIMAL MISUNDERSTANDING) - We were living 3 streets apart.....

Now married for 11 years (21 years) with 3 kids...

SO..... ?

I thank God you know what I was talking about.
The 10yrs, so you both never had issues?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by OGWILLS123: 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
esthel:
[s]You are an unrepentant alcoholic, my husband is on this platform, he would probably see this and shake head for a nuisance like you and your cohorts that have flooded nairaland. To think you just finished secondary school last year and you have guts to be calling women names when you haven't even found yourself. Oh you too want to join the women bashing club, how sweet it must be.

Two days ago you were here crying of how frustrated you are and don't know where to begin your life. You think because you are on a faceless forum you now have a right to misbehave. I bet you cant even land any woman.[/s]

I only read the first line tongue . I repeat another desparate evening news paper spoted cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by OGWILLS123: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
Midas01:
Like your mother and the females in your family?
As well as yours tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Hassanmaye(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
Oluromantic:

You have summarize it all, if only those with eats will listen
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Hassanmaye(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Proud and non Submissive Women never ever go far in Relationship and Marriage.... I say this without Remorse
You have said it all, and I can honestly say this is the cardinal problem of Nigerian relationship mentality, Men want to rule while women don't like to be submissive
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Hassanmaye(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
Pk01:
U have a heart of gold. ...u re a good gf...the kind of one in a million... mark my words he will definitely come around..give him time...some guys dey lucky for this life sha!..me for over two yrs now Asma,u they whine me... there is god fa
Mutumina asma'u na baka wuta kenan grin
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Hassanmaye(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
OGWILLS123:
A typical 9ja desparate evening news paper looking for a young nigga to enslave in the name of marriage or relaSiOnSip angry
Haha have you read the story??
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Lillysbee: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
What's the confusion hete?
and
God has answered your prayers and you are here being confused?.

Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by saydfact(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
victorazyvictor:

I thank God you know what I was talking about.
The 10yrs, so you both never had issues?

NONE that lasted 5 minutes (you don''t have to believe)

All issues had was after marriage....

To not derail from the argument;

IN THIS CASE - THE GUY OBVIOUSLY WANTS OUT, FORCING HIM TO STAY (in whatever way) IS A DANGER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

This generation are quick to anger and far less matured to handle it..

Thanks for the conversation; we both can learn a point or the other.... regards
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Coolgent(m): 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

If what you have narrated above is entirely true... Miss go ahead with your life and wait for the right spouse.

Dont accept him back
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by cooooooks(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
We have not. I strongly suspect that the lady is leaving out information.

Regardless, they are not compatible. How can they have been together for 4 good years and cannot even communicate?

Furthermore, any man that has to resort to using this crazy notion of 'submission' to make a point loses respect in my opinion.

habsydiamond:
I have heard u sir.. But what about the version of the guy.. Have u heard what he has to story about this story
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by victorazyvictor(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
saydfact:

NONE that lasted 5 minutes (you don''t have to believe)

All issues had was after marriage....

To not derail from the argument;

IN THIS CASE - THE GUY OBVIOUSLY WANTS OUT, FORCING HIM TO STAY (in whatever way) IS A DANGER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

This generation are quick to anger and far less matured to handle it..

Thanks for the conversation; we both can learn a point or the other.... regards

I dont see the guy as a bad person.
anyway cheers!

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by habsydiamond(m): 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
cooooooks:
We have not. I strongly suspect that the lady is leaving out information.

Regardless, they are not compatible. How can they have been together for 4 good years and cannot even communicate?

Furthermore, any man that has to resort to using this crazy notion of 'submission' to make a point loses respect in my opinion.

true talk sir.... A man who wants total submission from a ladies should better date or marry a dependent one that will always relie on him.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Chpstcks(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

He knows you are in love with him.
He is being emotionally manipulative

You just dodged a bullet.
If you stay, it will get worse in marriage.
#my2kobo

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

How My Friend's Girlfriend Tested Him To See If He Truly Loves Her / What Most Guys Who Demand Too Much Of Women Look Like (pic) / 5 Things Guys Should Stop Doing That Makes Girls Feel Arrogant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.