Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls (65477 Views)

My Girlfriend Is No Longer Picking My Calls Because Of Easter Chicken / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls / “He Stopped Picking My Calls After I Refused Him Sex” – Bride-To-Be Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Shortyy(f): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You still made the same point I highlighted earlier.

Why does a guy need to manage a lady? Why take that risk when thousands of better women abound? If she isn't up to his standards, let him go find someone else. A woman doesn't need to change to accommodate a man. That's bending over backwards. Let everybody find the person that is for them.

I don't need to be resourceful to know a man who's clowning. If a man needs to 'manage' a haughty lady, don't you think it tells a lot about the kind of person he is?

Ignore that dolt, please. He's just like the said guy, a very poor wretched urchin who's intimidated by a woman's wealth, and expects women to bow and worship him even though he has absolutely nothing to offer.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Tribalism123(m): 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
Dreyton36:
I hardly comment on topics like this but when I do , I make it short and sharp for the wise only

Hey gurl stop trying to lights up wet woods
From ur write up the guy in question is just stuck in the middle of nowhere
He has no single love for you , yes I said so
You love him way more than he loves u
He wants a bitchhh who will give him problems and a bitchhh who can fight him back and put words back into his mouth
You're the cool type but get triggered up when you're fed up

My dear cry now and be happy later , he doesn't deserve u , and when he comes back don't dare accept else be ready for premium tears

Go and share biscuits to children around u and celebrate the good thing God has done for you

Lights up my kpoli in peace

And u think u responded well?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by zinodizt: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
My advice let him be you did nothing wrong if he doesn’t see that find God and focus on other things you will surely get a better person.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
You're a psychologist, you're intelligent.
Oluromantic:
What I see is incompatibility. I say so because what he did was wrong and your reaction also was mean. See lemme tell you one secret. When your partner does some extremely annoying things, it always wise not to obey your instinct of revenge because at long last, people won't see his wrong but blame you for your extreme reaction. That's the formula most men use to avoid physical abuse of their women.

You shouldn't have cut the call on him. And from the story, you seem to have had him in mind over his lack of support in previous times which was what pushed you to react that way, because if that wasn't the case, your conscience would strike you to call back and apologize for hanging up on him...that's the normal thing when in love.

Besides, waiting a whole week to call him back, truth be told, you seem to be emotionally stable than him and you're using it as strength against him. He seem more emotional, that's why he wanted to year you say something affectionate about taking his little offer of support for the car. If you had joked about it and gave him a tender feeling that you'll take his offer, that would have puffed up his masculinity and he'll feel honored. You need to study his psychic to know what response will soothe him.

You both need to open up to each other more. That issue of asking him for money because you have been the one supporting him was probably presented as a sudden rise of intelligence which he's not been used to from you. You shouldn't have presented it like "I can't afford it, I need your help". It would have been better if you had presented it like "I can afford it but I want ur support so I can remember you and brag of you" Not like a revenge strategy now but like I want your influence and aura in my things. That will not only make you wify but will also make him feel you believe in him. Wish I could advice you privately
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by luminouz(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
Oluromantic:
What I see is incompatibility. I say so because what he did was wrong and your reaction also was mean. See lemme tell you one secret. When your partner does some extremely annoying things, it always wise not to obey your instinct of revenge because at long last, people won't see his wrong but blame you for your extreme reaction. That's the formula most men use to avoid physical abuse of their women.

You shouldn't have cut the call on him. And from the story, you seem to have had him in mind over his lack of support in previous times which was what pushed you to react that way, because if that wasn't the case, your conscience would strike you to call back and apologize for hanging up on him...that's the normal thing when in love.

Besides, waiting a whole week to call him back, truth be told, you seem to be emotionally stable than him and you're using it as strength against him. He seem more emotional, that's why he wanted to year you say something affectionate about taking his little offer of support for the car. If you had joked about it and gave him a tender feeling that you'll take his offer, that would have puffed up his masculinity and he'll feel honored. You need to study his psychic to know what response will soothe him.

You both need to open up to each other more. That issue of asking him for money because you have been the one supporting him was probably presented as a sudden rise of intelligence which he's not been used to from you. You shouldn't have presented it like "I can't afford it, I need your help". It would have been better if you had presented it like "I can afford it but I want ur support so I can remember you and brag of you" Not like a revenge strategy now but like I want your influence and aura in my things. That will not only make you wify but will also make him feel you believe in him. Wish I could advice you privately
You made sense.

Case closed.

That bosstrevor dude is high on something wild and nasty
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by TimDonald: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by mytty: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
Banny! Banny! Banny! How many times I call you? Do you know that horrible things are about to befall this world? Are you not seeing the signs? WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT YOU TO GAIN ALL THE BOYFRIEND'S AND LOOSE YOUR SOUL? BOYFRIEND CAM DESTROY YOUR SOUL, WE ARE IN CRITICAL TIMES, LEAVE THAT BOYFRIEND, ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR ONLY BOYFRIEND, IN HIM IS PROTECTION, PEACE OF MIND, HE WILL GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE, THIS IS NOT A JOKE, GIVE UR LIFE TO CHRIST NOW, JUST SAY THIS PRAYER AND BELIEVE IT WITH ALL YOUR HEART, (SAY LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD, YOU LOVE ME SO MUCH and YOU DIED FOR ME, AND GOD ROSE YOU FROM THE DEAD ON THE THIRD DAY , I AM BORN AGAIN, start growing with the Bible, study , selah!
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by chatinent: 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
You are proud.

He is proud.

Proudly Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by luminouz(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
merieam16:
I guess some people just like been quoted hence, their reasons for spewing shit
And you still have him what he wanted. Attention!!! undecided

Why not ignore him?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by fkj950ax(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really been a perfect relationship. Lots of ups and downs due to what I can term insecurity. At some point we're cool and the next minute issues arises just like every other relationship.

Guys please I'm confused and do not know how to handle the issue. Pls advice.

You have both INVESTED 4 years and it's not going to work, so don't sacrifice the rest of your life trying to make it work.
You are a strong-willed independent woman and instead of working with his strength, he fed his weakness and put the inability to "provide" for you before happiness.
If for any reason you date someone like that again, you should be more sensitive to your partner, and don't test them. It never ends up in a good place
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by goryorhal(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really been a perfect relationship. Lots of ups and downs due to what I can term insecurity. At some point we're cool and the next minute issues arises just like every other relationship.

He's a good guy to some extent as he showers me with love ( my thoughts)and a lot of times he gives gifts not money though. I've had to give financial assistance to him alot of times, he returns some if he deemed it necessary and doesn't return if he so wishes. I've never complained about this and still always willing to help him out whenever he is in need. Pls note that we're both financially ok.

This gesture of me offering him financial help stopped when I realise he doesn't do same to me. I've had to test him on serval occasions that I needed financial help and he has never for once helped out on those request despite knowing he has. I never needed the money though, I made those request to know if I could actually fall back to him if I'm in need.

Last year October, I told him about my plans of getting a new car as I got tired of the one I was using. Pls note that I did not request him to buy for me neither did I ask for any support whatsoever. I contacted my source in the US with my budget and spec, was able to find one in a short time and I paid for it. All of this moves were known to him. By December, the car arrived and cleared accordingly with every expenses incurred payed by me. He gave some moral support though.

A week after getting the car, he called me one morning and started apologising for not supporting financially in getting the car which I told him I had no issues with that. I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it. The next I heard was him ranting on phone that he doesn't expect less from me, said I'm a proud and that he knew I wasn't going to be a good wife. He said he has always known I wasn't going to be a submissive wife and a whole lot of other derogatory words despite not having issues whatsoever prior to that time. I ended the call as I was so surprised he could say those mean words to me.

All through that day he didn't call back and I did not as well cos I was expecting him to realise I was hurt by his actions. A week pass and still no call from him so I decided to call him and he didn't pick. I'd sent a lot of of messages to him and has not replied to any. I'd gone to his house to check up on him and not met him too. Its been three weeks now and we haven't spoken and seen despite all of my effort to talk to him and or see.

I need someone like you ....
Can I be a friend ?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Shortyy(f): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
yahjac:

lol.....you're getting it wrong.

good men are just looking for women that will give them peace of mind.

infact we choose peace of mind over beauty sef.....just be average in the beauty department and you're good to go

peace of mind + she's is independent financially is even extra bonus.

men and even boys can sense if they will have peace of mind with you.
if they don't get that feeling from you they will go!....plain truth.

most women hide their dirty personality with "you can't handle my success and independence"

he s not insecure he knows what he wants (peace of mind), the same people preaching online about dumping his ads will do the opposite in real life.

besides the OP said they are both financially stable

You don't need peace of mind, you just need a slave. Someone that will do anything you ask for without questioning you. And only a very poor and dumb woman will do that. A woman who knows what she wants won't oblige to every bullshit you tell her.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Nollynwa1(m): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
You didn't do anything wrong.. he is certainly not the right guy for you. Just move on!
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by richPHAROAH: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
u where not submissive enough to him after the car .
there is one thing you naija girls or girls in general fail to know.
we guys dont need your pussy, we dont need your money , we dont even give a Bleep about your beauty that much.
what we are interested in is respect and obedience. once u lack that, i swear if you like do anything, Bleep him like a LovePeddler, give him money like dj cuppy,
he no go want u. he will go to a normal girl that gives him the respect he deserves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by musa7m(m): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
When it comes to relationship ...I don't give advice until I hear from both side ...you are lucky sef ...my galfrnd of 8 years never for one day send me common card of #100 ..
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by qtx(m): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Oluromantic:

makes some sense bro.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
Your boyfriend is now a member of SMAN
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by mrkings84(m): 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
He might have joined SMAN
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Negotiate: 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

He's a good guy to some extent as he showers me with love ( my thoughts)and a lot of times he gives gifts not money though. I've had to give financial assistance to him alot of times, he returns some if he deemed it necessary and doesn't return if he so wishes. I've never complained about this and still always willing to help him out whenever he is in need. Pls note that we're both financially ok.

This gesture of me offering him financial help stopped when I realise he doesn't do same to me. I've had to test him on serval occasions that I needed financial help and he has never for once helped out on those request despite knowing he has. I never needed the money though, I made those request to know if I could actually fall back to him if I'm in need.

Last year October, I told him about my plans of getting a new car as I got tired of the one I was using. Pls note that I did not request him to buy for me neither did I ask for any support whatsoever. I contacted my source in the US with my budget and spec, was able to find one in a short time and I paid for it. All of this moves were known to him. By December, the car arrived and cleared accordingly with every expenses incurred payed by me. He gave some moral support though.

A week after getting the car, he called me one morning and started apologising for not supporting financially in getting the car which I told him I had no issues with that. I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it. The next I heard was him ranting on phone that he doesn't expect less from me, said I'm a proud and that he knew I wasn't going to be a good wife. He said he has always known I wasn't going to be a submissive wife and a whole lot of other derogatory words despite not having issues whatsoever prior to that time. I ended the call as I was so surprised he could say those mean words to me.

All through that day he didn't call back and I did not as well cos I was expecting him to realise I was hurt by his actions. A week pass and still no call from him so I decided to call him and he didn't pick. I'd sent a lot of of messages to him and has not replied to any. I'd gone to his house to check up on him and not met him too. Its been three weeks now and we haven't spoken and seen despite all of my effort to talk to him and or see.

Babe you're dating an arrsehuole who is insecure and will always try to blackmail you into doing his financial bidding.

Look at the current scenario? he messed up, he's acting up, yet you're the one reaching out to him and trying to apologize.

What do you need a man for? if na for fvuck, go to a bar and pick up a stranger and dont leave your number behind.

If na for money, you got yourself covered.

If it's love, take some time and look for someone else.

Don't be in a hurry, marriage is a lifetime decision. There are no erasers to clean up your mistakes.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by yakson123: 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2021
See my number chart me up na woman like you i the find zero,eight zero three nine seven fifty six five nine
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Tribalism123(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2021
Girl u failed in many places o.
U are financially okay. That's good.
But don't exercise it to ur boyfriend or husband tomorrow. A man is very proud and responsible when he is the one taking care of ur needs no matter how ALALIJAD u become. Humble urself before him.
U made ur contact. It shows u have more contact than him.
U made ur prompt payment and clearance.
Girl u just intimidated my fellow man.
In his mind, u don't need him except sex or marriage to have children.
And the way u wrote shows that u can tell him someday to keep his money, u will buy ur own house. Very interestingly annoying.
Allow him to be. I Know u have invested four years already. So he has too.
There are hidden attitudes attached to ur financial Independence that is eating him up.
I KNOW he is fed up.

Sorry o.

That ba truth be this.

A lady's financial Independence most often is a threat to her happiness.

I have a friend that is yet to marry today. But she has money. Men are afraid of her because she can get anything for herself.

Surprisingly. A man will always want to approve what his woman will buy even with her own money.

Learn to seek ur man's approval. Very necessary but if course not for the feminists

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by yakson123: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
yakson123:
See my number chart me up na woman like you i the find zero,eight zero three nine seven fifty six five one
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Anfield247(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=Oluromantic post=97958628][i]What I see is incompatibility. I say so because what he did was wrong and your reaction also was mean. See lemme tell you one secret. When your partner does some extremely annoying things, it always wise not to obey your instinct of revenge because at long last, people won't see his wrong but blame you for your extreme reaction. That's the formula most men use to avoid physical abuse of their women.

Besides, waiting a whole week to call him back, truth be told, you seem to be emotionally stable than him and you're using it as strength against him.
Wise one of our time, God bless you!
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by qtx(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
Shortyy:

You don't need peace of mind, you just need a slave. Someone that will do anything you ask for without questioning you. And only a very poor and dumb woman will do that. A woman who knows what she wants won't oblige to every bullshit you tell her.

I think marriage is really not a game where couples compete to see who wins. That is the problem of nowadays marriages part of the reasons they no longer last.

Where is the place of "everyone's opinions is important in a marriage "?. It mustn't be that one person has a superior opinion all the time rather both parties should contribute ideas that will help. You need both peace of mind and some level of independent mind in a marriage. Each of them is needed, but not in excess though.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Eluala(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
I am just here to follow the story. I wish you happy conflict resolution though. Don't worry, be patient and follow him up but please don't give him the impression that you are desperate.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Godbless3(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2021
Previous february experience he is trying to avoid.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by wisdomkid: 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2021
BigDick70inch:
till we hear from him sha.....

She needs advice... Wetin you wan hear?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by nedekid: 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2021
Do you need him to fart on your face before you realize you should walka?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Shokoloko(f): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2021
Oluromantic:

I might learn something from you. I always tell young men and women to maintain dignity and never stand and allow people to insult them. I advise them to walk away or cut the call when they are verbally abused.

How do you marry that with asking a person to stand in humility absorbing another human being's insults and not doing anything about it.

Does this standing / listening and accepting abuse apply to both gender?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Shortyy(f): 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2021
qtx:

I think marriage is really not a game where couples compete to see who wins. That is the problem of nowadays marriages part of the reasons they no longer last.

Where is the place of "everyone's opinions is important in a marriage "?. It mustn't be that one person has a superior opinion all the time rather both parties should contribute ideas that will help. You need both peace of mind and some level of independent mind in a marriage. Each of them is needed, but not in excess though.

Well, you're right, but men only want to have all the say. While the woman just nods her head in agreement like a lizard. Marriages are crashing because women are waking up, and men can't deal with it anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Toyota Jeep (Photos) / Lady Sheds Tears On Facebook Over Her Inability To Land A Husband Before Dec. 4 / How A Prostitute, Club Girl Changed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.