Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls (65484 Views)

My Girlfriend Is No Longer Picking My Calls Because Of Easter Chicken / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls / “He Stopped Picking My Calls After I Refused Him Sex” – Bride-To-Be Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by phorget(m): 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Your side of the story,
How about us hearing his own side of the story please! undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by babakb: 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Romanoff:
Sis, you're in a loveless relationship.

If that dude loves you, he'd have helped you at least process the clearing of the car or followed up with you in the entire process, no be until he add money to buy the car.

It's his loss. Meanwhile, don't get carried away being independent that you'll end up marrying a man who is looking for how to eat his cake and have it, na you go dey foot all the bill for that marriage and it isn't palatable.

I've seen it happen to someone dear to me and it almost happened to me as well.

Shine your eyes, use sense do miss independent.

These days broke guys are hiding behind miss independent lady to get free sex and accommodation grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by MMXX: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Where ona dey see ladies that are supportive sef even financially shocked

God help me o

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by sircatherine45(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Oluromantic:
What I see is incompatibility. I say so because what he did was wrong and your reaction also was mean. See lemme tell you one secret. When your partner does some extremely annoying things, it always wise not to obey your instinct of revenge because at long last, people won't see his wrong but blame you for your extreme reaction. That's the formula most men use to avoid physical abuse of their women.

You shouldn't have cut the call on him. And from the story, you seem to have had him in mind over his lack of support in previous times which was what pushed you to react that way, because if that wasn't the case, your conscience would strike you to call back and apologize for hanging up on him...that's the normal thing when in love.

Besides, waiting a whole week to call him back, truth be told, you seem to be emotionally stable than him and you're using it as strength against him. He seem more emotional, that's why he wanted to year you say something affectionate about taking his little offer of support for the car. If you had joked about it and gave him a tender feeling that you'll take his offer, that would have puffed up his masculinity and he'll feel honored. You need to study his psychic to know what response will soothe him.

You both need to open up to each other more. That issue of asking him for money because you have been the one supporting him was probably presented as a sudden rise of intelligence which he's not been used to from you. You shouldn't have presented it like "I can't afford it, I need your help". It would have been better if you had presented it like "I can afford it but I want ur support so I can remember you and brag of you" Not like a revenge strategy now but like I want your influence and aura in my things. That will not only make you wify but will also make him feel you believe in him. Wish I could advice you privately

Which beer do you drink?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Unrated900(m): 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
He has joined SMAN

Good for you

When All you do is ask ask ask
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Kenneth10110(m): 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really been a perfect relationship. Lots of ups and downs due to what I can term insecurity. At some point we're cool and the next minute issues arises just like every other relationship.

He's a good guy to some extent as he showers me with love ( my thoughts)and a lot of times he gives gifts not money though. I've had to give financial assistance to him alot of times, he returns some if he deemed it necessary and doesn't return if he so wishes. I've never complained about this and still always willing to help him out whenever he is in need. Pls note that we're both financially ok.

This gesture of me offering him financial help stopped when I realise he doesn't do same to me. I've had to test him on serval occasions that I needed financial help and he has never for once helped out on those request despite knowing he has. I never needed the money though, I made those request to know if I could actually fall back to him if I'm in need.

Last year October, I told him about my plans of getting a new car as I got tired of the one I was using. Pls note that I did not request him to buy for me neither did I ask for any support whatsoever. I contacted my source in the US with my budget and spec, was able to find one in a short time and I paid for it. All of this moves were known to him. By December, the car arrived and cleared accordingly with every expenses incurred payed by me. He gave some moral support though.

A week after getting the car, he called me one morning and started apologising for not supporting financially in getting the car which I told him I had no issues with that. I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it. The next I heard was him ranting on phone that he doesn't expect less from me, said I'm a proud and that he knew I wasn't going to be a good wife. He said he has always known I wasn't going to be a submissive wife and a whole lot of other derogatory words despite not having issues whatsoever prior to that time. I ended the call as I was so surprised he could say those mean words to me.

All through that day he didn't call back and I did not as well cos I was expecting him to realise I was hurt by his actions. A week pass and still no call from him so I decided to call him and he didn't pick. I'd sent a lot of of messages to him and has not replied to any. I'd gone to his house to check up on him and not met him too. Its been three weeks now and we haven't spoken and seen despite all of my effort to talk to him and or see.

Guys please I'm confused and do not know how to handle the issue. Pls advice.

Just come and date me wink
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Abbeynomics: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=Habby222 post=97958122]Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really been a perfect relationship. Lots of ups and downs due to what I can term insecurity. At some point we're cool and the next minute issues arises just like every other relationship.

He's a good guy to some extent as he showers me with love ( my thoughts)and a lot of times he gives gifts not money though. I've had to give financial assistance to him alot of times, he returns some if he deemed it necessary and doesn't return if he so wishes. I've never complained about this and still always willing to help him out whenever he is in need. Pls note that we're both financially ok.

This gesture of me offering him financial help stopped when I realise he doesn't do same to me. I've had to test him on serval occasions that I needed financial help and he has never for once helped out on those request despite knowing he has. I never needed the money though, I made those request to know if I could actually fall back to him if I'm in need.

Last year October, I told him about my plans of getting a new car as I got tired of the one I was using. Pls note that I did not request him to buy for me neither did I ask for any support whatsoever. I contacted my source in the US with my budget and spec, was able to find one in a short time and I paid for it. All of this moves were known to him. By December, the car arrived and cleared accordingly with every expenses incurred payed by me. He gave some moral support though.

A week after getting the car, he called me one morning and started apologising for not supporting financially in getting the car which I told him I had no issues with that. I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it. The next I heard was him ranting on phone that he doesn't expect less from me, said I'm a proud and that he knew I wasn't going to be a good wife. He said he has always known I wasn't going to be a submissive wife and a whole lot of other derogatory words despite not having issues whatsoever prior to that time. I ended the call as I was so surprised he could say those mean words to me.

All through that day he didn't call back and I did not as well cos I was expecting him to realise I was hurt by his actions. A week pass and still no call from him so I decided to call him and he didn't pick. I'd sent a lot of of messages to him and has not replied to any. I'd gone to his house to check up on him and not met him too. Its been three weeks now and we haven't spoken and seen despite all of my effort to talk to him and or see.

Your boyfriend just join stingy boys association of Nigeria ��
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Dpundict: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
What some of us are looking for is what some are running away from. Well! What is your moral disposition like in terms of obedience and respect for his opinions?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Nnemuka(f): 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
pocohantas:

She read on Nairaland that alfa males are looking for women with money that can buy cars- na im she go implement am for reality. cheesy

Who takes alfa males seriously? I have a feeling the guy is an alfa male on nairaland grin grin
I mean how do you just flare up and yank off your girlfriend because she doesn't need your support?
Alfa male oshi

OP abeg save yourself from the broke alfa before he strangles you and disappear with your car.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by BRATISLAVA: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

Classic red pill manipulation he's using on you.

You even give him money, though he never gives you any. Did you never wonder why? You really believe the lie that most men tell, that women should give them money?

From dating him, you should know how broke men reason. He's gold digging you. And you seem to want to return to it. If he's financially ok, why are you giving him money? Why did he get angry? He's broke, and you're trying to cover it up. He's just manipulating you. You're trying too hard to please him.

You think shocked he showers you with love, you don't know it. He loves you yet you're the one making some sort of sacrifice for him. Always.

Madam, you are hell-bent on an emotionally manipulative man. What do you want us to tell you? Go on your knees and pray for him, because his heart isn't in it at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by gtown: 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2021
With all the recent news of girlfriends killing boyfriends, you still expect your boy friend to pick your calls?
You should thank God the calls are still going.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by kollysnut(m): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I didn't read, but if i go with the heading, ma that your guy has joined the reigning association.....
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by stonecoldcafe: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

I've been with this guy for close to four years now and its not really

Move on
You may not be perfect but an insecure man will kill you faster than anything in marriage. You want a man that can match your strength and energy. You want a man to celebrate your achievements and not talk you down or pick unnecessary fights with you. Open your eyes. Move

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Nnemuka(f): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
Men hate women who needs urgent 2k and also hate women who can afford luxury
Dear Nugerian men, what do you ppl want undecided

Bia biingoo come here

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by 9ise(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

do not swallow a woman's report on an issue like diz hook, line n sinker..

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by kevotek1000(m): 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

It's good you brought this up here... I have heard your own part of the story but that can't be completed without hearing from him too. Well, don't relent in trying to make peace with him. There's no better relationship at there without problems.
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:

That's why no female should take the words of a negroe serious.

They are confused elements. They rant about urgent 2k females and independent females at the same time.

What your boyfriend is suffering from is inferiority complex. You got a new car and he is pissed. He prefers you sell the car and enter keke to work. He prefers you even quit your job and wait for his peanuts at the end of the month.

You have done your best by trying to reach out. But you should also have it in mind that your boyfriend is suffering from crab mentality and bad belle. People who deal with such don't usually progress in life. I think you are dating yourself.

What has buying a car got to do with being submissive? Negroes who use that word always end up being mentally unstable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Okuda(m): 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

never ever, i repeat, never ever marry, date, befriend, court, go out with any man that has insecurities because you are well to do financiallu, everything wey u tell am go be pride tp him ears, plus he wpuld bring you down in all aspects and make you feel less of yourself. to be forewarned it is to fore armed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
This sound like a bipolar thing he was using you and he also was in love with you, you getting the car from the us shot down his ego and he lost his love for you and gave up using you, girl I understand you earning money and all but of what use is money to a woman if she doesn't have love you have to set your priority right and switch your woman game up or else you would end up just a sad woman and that mood swing thing you have to deal with it you said it's common in all relationship but not when it's a disorder like this one, all the best happy new year
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by izubext007: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
you just spoke as if you are innocent, cool , manner gentle lady...... only God knows the kind of attitude you do exhibit to him. (speaking from experience). by the look of things you are richer than him to the extent of buying car from abroad, upon the car pot wey full naija.

day guy don suffer emotionally I swear.

just send him ur nude pics....dats all my dear.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by BRATISLAVA: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
koyyes:

That's why no female should take the words of a negroe serious.

They are confused elements. They rant about urgent 2k females and independent females at the same time.

What your boyfriend is suffering from is inferiority complex. You got a new car and he is pissed. He prefers you sell the car and enter keke to work. He prefers you even quit your job and wait for his peanuts at the end of the month.

You have done your best by trying to reach out. But you should also have it in mind that your boyfriend is suffering from crab mentality and bad belle. People who deal with such don't usually progress in life. I think you are dating yourself.

What has buying a car got to do with being submissive? Negroes who use that word always end up being mentally unstable.

Unfortunately she bought into the lie that women should give men gifts. Now she's the only one giving him money, but he's giving her nothing. He sounds like a broke one, despite what she says.

Give it a minute for the men to look for some fault in her, since they need to protect an emotional manipulator of their kind.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sometimes, when I read people's relationship stories, they look like some made up fictions, but I've seen a lot and I don't disregard them.

The one wey get head no get cap, the one wey get cap no get head.

Inside life.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by oluwasegun007(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
If this write up is the fact,

Then, congratulations sis...you just got off you an insecure weakling with low self esteem

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Shortyy(f): 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
LordKO:
Greed in particular and poverty in general are great diseases. See how almost all of them have crucified the said guy and termed him insecure simply because the OP claimed to be an "independent woman," as if once a woman has a personal ability to cater for basic needs, she has automatically become desirable, precious, and indispensable to all men.

Well, OP, you come across like a woman whose main leverage prior to the misunderstanding between the two of you occurred is her money rather than her independent-mindedness - an independent-minded woman (or man) isn't the same thing as an independent woman (whatever the nonsense mean). The ability to cater for own needs, as a woman or man, should be like the icing on the cake, not the cake itself like any woman who carries around the air of haughtiness in the name of being an independent woman and the poverty-stricken and greedy men and women who support the nonsense notion want everyone to accept.

The guy obviously considered you below his standard and didn't see you beyond a mere girlfriend of convenience. If peradventure he gives you another chance, ask him politely where he wants you to improve. In him, I see a man whose core standard of what a worthy companion/wife should be is based on the woman's strong values rather than mere superficial and material things she possesses.

This doesn't automatically mean that you're a bad person, and, of course, it doesn't mean that he's a saint because his shortcomings are quite obvious. Insecurity, however, isn't one of his shortcomings.

Balderdash.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by roGF22(m): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Let me qoute this " I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it"

He was feeling guilty that he was unable to financially assist u in getting the car, then u made those quoted statement and that was when he got angry!..probably the tone that u used in saying that...if u had told him that in a subtle way, I don't think he would have gotten angry,..probably u said it in a way that to him it sounds like u meant the opposite...like "u don't owe me an apology,..we weren't married so I'm not expecting more than moral support...".. Meaning- " u've not been assisting me financially b4, so u need not apologise,.. I can't blame u anyways, we r not married, so suit urself"..lols..anyways, that's just my tot.

For the sake of love u have for him, still call him to sort things out,..

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by BRATISLAVA: 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
pocohantas:

She read on Nairaland that alfa males are looking for women with money that can buy cars- na im she go implement am for reality. cheesy

grin grin grin

They don't know that it's a way men manipulate women to give them everything they own, including cheese, by claiming they are liabilities, meanwhile they can't match up themselves and later use emotional blackmail. Check out the inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by spiralwedge(m): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Habby222:
Advice needed pls.

Be in relationship as much as you want, but please don't marry that guy. He is jealous of you.
I like you though. I wish you could be mine

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by BRATISLAVA: 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
roGF22:
Let me qoute this " I told him I wasn't expecting more than moral support from him since I could afford getting the car on my own. I also made him realise he doesn't owe me no apology as I wasn't t his responsibility since we weren't married and that even if we were married, ill always want to get my stuffs myself as long as I can afford it"

He was feeling guilty that he was unable to financially assist u in getting the car, then u made those quoted statement and that was when he got angry!..probably the tone that u used in saying that...if u had told him that in a subtle way, I don't think he would have gotten angry,..probably u said it in a way that to him it sounds like u meant the opposite...like "u don't owe me an apology,..we weren't married so I'm not expecting more than moral support...".. Meaning- " u've not been assisting me financially b4, so u need not apologise,.. I can't blame u anyways, we r not married, so suit urself"..lols..anyways, that's just my tot.

For the sake of love u have for him, still call him to sort things out,..

Oh, it's her tone now, is it.

You've seen a productive woman who isn't a liability and what else can you say is wrong with her , if not another impossible marker put up for women. What do men want? Robots or women?

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by Thunderdon: 10:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
This story book Get volume
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by BRATISLAVA: 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
phorget:
Your side of the story,
How about us hearing his own side of the story please! undecided

His side will surely justify him shouting at her about a car she bought without one naira from him, right?
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by ednut1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
Move on ma
Re: My Boyfriend Stopped Calling And Picking My Calls by goatmeat1(f): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
� �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Toyota Jeep (Photos) / Lady Sheds Tears On Facebook Over Her Inability To Land A Husband Before Dec. 4 / If Your Girl Wears Your Shirt Like This, She Can Turn Your Millions To Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.