Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? (28555 Views)

I Watched My Brother, Sani, Die - Dangote Tells Tinubu / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs / BVN FORFEITURE ORDER: Stealing From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by jokotus: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Thief's a thief, stealing is stealing. Kindly let her know her wrong doing. your failures to let her know, two of you are collaborator and if your brother got to know this he would not take it lighti with you.. a word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by donttouchme: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
If u really love ur brother, u hv to tell him. Dat girl is liquidating ur bro and u are their forming holy. Wait until she sends ur brother back to d village, ur eyes go clear. Her type will not hesitate to take action if reverse is d case. Be wise and stop listening to all these fools. Ur brothers survival matters at this point. If ur brothers business liquidate, she will always find another shop to loot. Call a spade a spade stupid

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by einsteine(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
You are a fool for even considering not telling your brother. May we not have brothers like you. Was it your brother that impregnated her to make her a single mother? Being a single mother is a choice, afterall how much is Misoprostol? She stole. Report to your brother and let him make his decision. All those people saying warn her that she shouldn't do it again are clowning. She has been stealing before and now sees stealing as part of her salary. The mouth that has tasted milk does not forget the taste.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by sammirano: 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
Another simp question. I can't believe how some humans think in 2021.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by shilz(f): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
If her salary isn't enough she should discuss with her boss or look elsewhere..she is stealing not because of her baby but because she is greedy...report to your brother.whatever his decision is shouldn't be ur problem as you have played ur part..if the business crumbles she will find another job,will ur brother be able to continue?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by WoundedLamb: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
You caught a thief stealing from your own brother and you're contemplating looking the other way and allowing her to continue? You know that would make you an accomplice right? How do you think your brother would feel if he found out you knew someone was sucking him dry and did nothing about it? Being a single mother makes stealing OK? I've never been in her position but provided your brother is paying her, I'm sincerely shocked by the fact that you're slightly justifying her. How is the well being of your brother's business not your business? Asides the fact that he's your brother, does he not aid you with the money he makes from that same business? What then are you doing there in the first place if you can't report such things? Maybe you'd also mind your business if you caught her slitting your brother's throat. Please, tell him. If not for anything, for the fact that it's right thing to do.

Or maybe we should wait for her own side of the story as my brother germaphobe advised.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Henix(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Someone is trying to send ur blood brother back to village through stealing of his business money, and u are here asking whether u should report the stealing or not?

Did ur brother open that shop for charity or profit making? Will u accommodate that salesgirl and such stealing if that shop happened to be urs? So u want to please a single mother in detriment of ur brother's business? Is the salesgirl not been paid? I tire for ur sense of reasoning.

If u really cherish ur brother's progress, report the stealing to him, and teach him how to take stock of his goods, because it's obvious that he lacks a good managerial skill

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
Don't tell him, all employee's steal, u just av t tighten leakages & make dem more accountable thru stock checking!
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Tcwork: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
Honestly, I wouldn't want to employ someone like you in position of authority.
An evil girl is destroying your brothers business but you feel less concern and you call it minding your business
As for what would be her fate, it's up to your brother to decide and not you.
When you have your own business and you employ a manager what would you expect him to do in such situation?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Pat4t5: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Please tell your brother because if your brother get to know about it and realised that you are aware of the situation earlier without informing him, he will be mad at you. Moreover, if your brother's business close down, will any of these people telling you not to tell your brother help to revive it? Please tell your brother but advise him not to fire/sack the lady but warn her seriously and himself also need to be more observant. The level of trust he has for the lady is too much, sales rep like this can sell your whole shop and run away.
onez:
Please tell your brother everything. Don't miss one detail. Thank you
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Toktee(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

1. I love minding my business

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Please forgive my errors, I'm not perfect
Caution the lady,do not report her pls do not mind the heartless individuals urging you to report her.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by TheodoreSalt(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:
Good day guys, happy New year to everyone, please I will make this post as brief as possible.

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom )from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.
eaceacjg-w this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

The first occasion was during last week Tuesday when we were about to close for the day and I was going through the sales book only for me to realized that the items we sold earlier in the day, the quantity in the book was different from what we actually sold, she minus some quantity and I called her to it and she acted as if it was a mistake, I acted as if nothing happened.

Second incident was last week Saturday, I was in the shop and one woman came to the shop with an Item she bought from our shop, so I was in my corner not minding them but I realized she came to complain of something to her and later bought another thing, I saw the item she came with so after the woman left, I called the girl and asked her when the woman bought that item, she said it was on Thursday, so after sometime, I went to the sales book to check if she wrote it, but I was shocked when I went through the whole week sales but I couldn't find it. I kept my cool, till in the evening when we were about to go and i asked her to show me where she wrote it, only for her to be going through over and over again, I asked her, I thought you said you sold this thing on Thursday and she said no.

Now because we have closed for the day, she wrote it as Monday sales, but I keep wondering if it was only this item that the woman bought. Even is she sold it on Thursday and forget to write it down, the Money would have reflected after the close of the day, but it didn't, that means she intentionally stole the money. She is the one with shop keys and she opens the shop before i come every morning.

Now my problems are

2. It's my brother's business which he entrusted to me to look after for him, so if after finding out all these things and still keep it to myself, if anything goes wrong in future I won't forgive myself.

3. This lady is a single mother and very young, I assume this is the only place she gets what she's using to take care of her herself and her baby, I really feel for her and I know she is going to loose her job if my brother gets to know about this.

Please what should I do?

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by DrDax: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The problems you listed are actually your answers.

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Problem 2. Forgive yourself.
Because

Problem 3.
She is a single mom who is vulnerable.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.
That way, what she steals is still within the family.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.

Unbelievable advice.
No wonder nothing ever lasts in this clime.
So he should willfully withhold potentially life-saving info from the business owner never, mind brother because!!!

It's your type that takes a loan with the mindset of not repaying, after all, "God knows you are struggling"

wow. just wow.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Problem 1. Mind your business, what your brother does not know will not kill him besides you didn't say his business was doing badly because of her.

Because

Problem 3.
It is better she is cheating your brother to sustain her baby than she engages into prostitution.
If she dies from HIV or her baby dies from malnutrition because you made her lose her job or blocked her access..will you be able to forgive yourself?

She is young and attractive....you could as well start a relationship with her so that you can cater to her.

So in summary;
Mind your business and don't tell your brother. Forgive yourself for not telling your brother because the culprit is a single mother who needs to do what she is doing if she and her baby will survive.

which kain advise be dis?!

mind what business?! do you mean lip'sealed?!
hell no!
her being a single mother ain't no excuse pls.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by ubee(m): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
I keep on seeing different posts like this one and ask myself what has become of most Nigerian youth? Have they jettisoned the use of their brain completely whereby a simple situation that a prepubescent kid of years back would have handled easily presents a major challenge for them?

Imagine a full grown adult asking the public for advise on whether to expose someone who is stealing from his brother's means of livelihood? Even after his brother entrusted him to help out. What type of person is this?

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by pek(m): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
Anyone advising you here to mind your business is either a thief or plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Solsix(m): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
Manoftheyear:

My brother asked me to help him look after his business when he wants to travel for Xmas, and it happens that I know much about the business, and he have a salesgirl too whom from my observation is a single mother though she is still very young.

Now this is the problem, since I started coming to that shop, I noticed this girl used to do some uncertain things (wuru wuru), so I decided to be more watchful and that's when I found out what she has been doing in the shop. I have caught her red handed in this act.

Now my problems are

Please what should I do?

U mean mind your business till the sales girls liquidate ur brothers business and send him to village
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by simplesearch: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Akachai2030(m): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2021
if you don't tell your brother means you're banging the sales girl
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by lanre9ja(m): 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
First of all talk to her about the stealing issue and she should promise u not to do that again in return tell ur brother to increase her salary a bit
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Mcslize: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because

Problem 3.

So in summary;

Your write up is biased bro. Someone is stealing from her employer and here you are encouraging such act because she is a single mother. Truly you're nothing but a big clown.

Stealing is stealing irrespective of whether she is a single mother or not. What is she going to teach her child as a mother? She will teach the kid to also steal isn't it?

She is a greedy lady if not she will be contented with her salary or ask her employer to increase her salary rather than stealing from him.

It will be better she ask her employer to increase her salary rather than stealing from him. As an individual, I believe you won't like it if someone you entrust with something starts tealing from you. Will you like it? Be honest.

Put yourself in the employer's shoe. Sometimes we need to be unbiased and sincere with the type of advice we give to people here.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by ubee(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2021
These type of people make me shudder at the prospects for a better future for Nigeria because they are many. Just look at the threads of NL and other forums. They are everywhere. How can people think like this? Is that the type of advise he will give his children? Such a shame.
BayMc:

which kain advise be dis?!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Rocktation(f): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
But how can you consider siding with an outsider over your brother? And for something this detrimental? Are you well at all? So if she needs his head tomorrow for ritual, you would let him fall into her trap, because she's a single mother? You no too bright oo.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by frank417: 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
It depends on how she reacts when you let her know that u are aware of her stealing. If she keeps denying and doesn't concede, tell your brother and quickly relieve her of her duties. But if she concedes, pleads and ask for forgiveness, forgive her and still tell your brother, but with a different approach this time; Let him know that she has pleaded for forgiveness and you believe she will serve better now that her actions have been brought to the open. Make him understand that the thief u know is better than the police you don't know, that the one he will bring next might do worse and he may not even find out until his business is recked to the ground.

He has caught this one and known her ways. He now has 80-90% control over his shop. He should work with it or take a 50/50 chance with a new person.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by africanman2002(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Mr man tell your brother everything you have observed about his sales girls,what belongs to your brother also belongs to you. The girl in question is being paid her full agreed salary.Its wrong to say you like mindind your business in situations like this..How would you feel if the girl in question reap your brother his business capital and force him to resort to begging you for money to inject into the business or going back to the villages to stay as he doesn't have any money to run his business?.Confront the girl and confiscate the shop key from her and go through the sale book from when she started till date,calculate all the wuru wuru she has been doing and tell her to pay all the money.Neither you nor your brother made her a single mother,so nothing concerns you with how she sort herself out in that regard.She is reaping where she did not sow and you are there minsing words with her.Stand like a man and act like a man.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by lanre9ja(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Talk to her about the stealing issue, she should promise u and in return tell ur brother to increase her salary a bit
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Akasammyoka: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
What is her pay, is it enough to sustain her and the baby. If not then your brother is FG of 2004 and the lady primary teacher.
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by sisisioge: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
Please tell him. This is one of the reasons small businesses fail.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Harmlesspill(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Just tell your brother to be more watchful over his business and warned the lady to be careful that you're even going to bring the knowledge of your brother into this but don't tell your brother your observations,but warn him to put his eyes on ground.
Telling your brother will make the said lady lose her job which will make your brother hire another person which you can't tell if the person will do worse
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by sammytee042(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Jessepaid:
Shit....well....

Naturally you should take immediate action and sack her...

I no dey see the mama...

Na the pickin I dey see...

I want you to be understanding with this one..

Tell your brother to increase her salary...

While you are there try and maybe give her daily incentives...

Street dey every where...

Very few people fully depend on their salary...

Or you can just call her and tell her you know what's up...
Tell her to stop...
Then dey put for am small small...

Which ever way works...

Best comment I have read so far
Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by Rocktation(f): 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
@Nwaamaipke..you are becoming infamous for giving senseless advises. Desist, before you get sucked in too deeply, you forget that you are only doing it to catch mumu cruise.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Salesgirl Is Stealing from Him, Should I Tell Him? by pek(m): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
To even contemplate telling your brother shows how inconsiderate you are. This is someone stealing from your brother, your own flesh and blood and you are asking of what to do. I don't mean to be hash but you are a bad brother. That business is yours. Your brother put you in charge cause he felt you are up to it. Act it. Been a single mother is not an excuse to steal. It is even more laughable some telling you to increase her salary. She is not stealing because the salary is low. A thief is a thief. You want her to run the business down right? I have seen a case like that. This one was a cousin stealing from his cousin. The cousin trusted him so much and was hardly in the shop. He wrecked the shop and went to start his own. If I were you, I would do this:

1: Place a call immediately to my brother.
2: Collect the shop keys from her.
3: Do an inventory of what's in the shop ( if possible)
4: Monitor all sales personally.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN Directs Banks To Pay Customers With ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, ₦5 Over-The-Counter / 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With / See The 3 Online Business That Can Supplement Your Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.