Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

The Imo State Bride Price Wahala - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Imo State Bride Price Wahala (2794 Views)

Bride Price Wahala / Picture Of A Suspected Imo State Bride And The Bride Price Items. / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by LordofNaija: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2021
All the
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by BigDick70inch(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You're the one who lack comprehension.

Whatever a guy pays for the bride price pales greatly in comparison to what parents spent on the girl and should never be used as a measure of judgement.

No parent is selling their daughter as your bride price is too low compared to any expenses they ever did.

Can u just call someone nearby to read that out loud to yo hearing huhdoes that make any sense at all huh

Just imagine yo infantile reasoning!!!!Nawa Oo..

2 Likes

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2021
BigDick70inch:

Can u just call someone nearby to read that out loud to yo hearing huhdoes that make any sense at all huh

Just imagine yo infantile reasoning!!!!Nawa Oo..

Why don't you call someone to read that to you instead? Seems grammar comprehension is not a skill a lot of Nigerians possess.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
All these guys up there arguing unnecessarily. Didn't you people read where the MC guy stated that the items are for "INTRODUCTION"!

Only " INTRODUCTION" and these items were demanded. Imagine how the actual traditional marriage list will be like

Nothing go carry me go Imo. Chukwu aju! Atleast, not in my present finañcial level. If it passes my Anambra, Enugu or Delta, I become a monk grin
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Why don't you call someone to read that to you instead? Seems grammar comprehension is not a skill a lot of Nigerians possess.

Your argument is flawed. The items shown there are just too much for a mere 'MARRIAGE INTRODUCTION'. Let's call a spade a spade biko. In this economy and someone is expecting all those things for a mere 'INTRODUCTION' (iku aka n'uzo) and you see nothing wrong with that?
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
Samakus:

Your argument is flawed. The items shown there are just too much for a mere 'MARRIAGE INTRODUCTION'. Let's call a spade a spade biko. In this economy and someone is expecting all those things for a mere 'INTRODUCTION' (iku aka n'uzo) and you see nothing wrong with that?

It's not just introduction ooh. This is everything traditional marriage combined and even if it is too much, e never reach to dey talk say papa sell im pikin.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

It's not just introduction ooh. This is everything traditional marriage combined and even if it is too much, e never reach to dey talk say papa sell im pikin.

Check the Facebook screenshot by the MC and see where he specifically mentioned "MARRIAGE INTRODUCTION".

I believe you argue to learn! You can as well prove me wrong
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
Samakus:

Check the Facebook screenshot by the MC and see where he specifically mentioned "MARRIAGE INTRODUCTION".

I believe you argue to learn! You can as well prove me wrong

That he said 'introduction' does not mean it is. He may be wrong. But if it truly is, then this one is too much.

What I said still stands. It is still not enough to cover what was spent on raising the girl.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

That he said 'introduction' does not mean it is. He may be wrong. But if it truly is, then this one is too much.

What I said still stands. It is still not enough to cover what was spent on raising the girl.

In other words, you know what the guy went for more than him that went there and stated what he went for.

I give up. Have a good night
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
Samakus:

In other words, you know what the guy went for more than him that went there and stated what he went for.

I give up. Have a good night

There are people that are absentminded. Being physically present but mentally absent.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by richPHAROAH: 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
all i see is malt beer etc. abeg list it out because all those things i see there is not up to 100k . last week i spent twice that in a strip club. u guys should stop over exaggerating stuff

1 Like

Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Jojo056: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
Everytime this issue comes up, you will see men shouting bride price is too much, they are selling their daughters that's why men don't respect women, and the rest of their unintelligent jargons.

Ogbeni, will you shut up there? Do you know how much was spent on the girl since she was born till before you met her? Her feeding? Her clothing? Her shelter? Her schooling? The money spent in raising some kids is enough to buy a plot of land and build a mansion in it. Can you monetise it in today's currency exchange and tell me how much should have been the bride price?

Just because you spent two million to wed her, you're now wailing like a headless chicken. Oponu. You, calculate how much your parents spent on you before you became independent and tell me if two million is anywhere near that amount.

See, let this nonsense of 'too much bride price' end here. You are not buying the lady, nobody is selling her to you cause even if they were, cause you can't afford it. So, jejely, pay the one you can and keep quiet about the rest.

What about we men? Did our parents not spend on us to bring us up? So why don't ladies pay groom's price too??

As for me,I will pay all necessary fees but then,after marriage,she go drink garri tire!

2k foreign instagram follower account available now!First come,first serve..
Just check my signature
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
Jojo056:

What about we men? Did our parents not spend on us to bring us up? So why don't ladies pay groom's price too??

As for me,I will pay all necessary fees but then,after marriage,she go drink garri tire!

Just check my signature

Sure. Do you. It's your home.

As far my message was passed along.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Jojo056: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
For me,if you are okay financially,buying all these things shouldn't be hard.It's just once!
But if brideprice is up to 1m,carry your pikin and go!!!

Just check my signature
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Jojo056: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Sure. Do you. It's your home.

As far my message was passed along.
Yes it's my home.But you too will eventually be in someone's home.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Onyenna(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Michelle55:
Wetin Imo state women do una sef? undecided it's not this expensive in my place.

Perhaps the guy is just catching cruise, who knows!

My guy married his woman traditionally at Ideato last Month. He spent less than 200k ...... The major thing on the list was the goat he bought....

I know Mbaise and Mbano are more expensive but it’s not as much as people make it sound.....
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
Jojo056:

Yes it's my home.But you too will eventually be in someone's home.

Okay.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

There are people that are absentminded. Being physically present but mentally absent.

And you're an expert in being physically absent but somewhat miraculously present mentally grin.

Chai cheesy
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 11:40pm On Jan 12, 2021
Samakus:

And you're an expert in being physically absent but somewhat miraculously present mentally grin.

Chai cheesy

grin grin grin grin

Life is a mystery, my dear.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 11:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

grin grin grin grin

Life is a mystery, my dear.

She's even awake waiting for my mention cheesy grin grin

You don meet your match o grin cheesy

How are you jhor. Kinda enjoyed your unyielding argument. You no dey gree kai cheesy
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
Samakus:

She's even awake waiting for my mention cheesy grin grin

You don meet your match o grin cheesy

How are you jhor. Kinda enjoyed your unyielding argument. You no dey gree kai cheesy

I was offline for over an hour waiting for my phone to charge. Just got back now, so definitely not waiting for you.

Meet which match? Please, I don't have strength. I'm tired. Goodnight cheesy

I end discussions only if and when the opponent goes off course, otherwise, I'd like us to reach a common ground, more like an agree to disagree stance.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Samakus(m): 6:16am On Jan 13, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

I was offline for over an hour waiting for my phone to charge. Just got back now, so definitely not waiting for you.

Meet which match? Please, I don't have strength. I'm tired. Goodnight cheesy

I end discussions only if and when the opponent goes off course, otherwise, I'd like us to reach a common ground, more like an agree to disagree stance.

Lolz. It's ok. At least we have made our separate points and ideas have been cross fertilized. Good morning
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Bennysam: 6:23am On Jan 13, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
Everytime this issue comes up, you will see men shouting bride price is too much, they are selling their daughters that's why men don't respect women, and the rest of their unintelligent jargons.

Ogbeni, will you shut up there? Do you know how much was spent on the girl since she was born till before you met her? Her feeding? Her clothing? Her shelter? Her schooling? The money spent in raising some kids is enough to buy a plot of land and build a mansion in it. Can you monetise it in today's currency exchange and tell me how much should have been the bride price?

Just because you spent two million to wed her, you're now wailing like a headless chicken. Oponu. You, calculate how much your parents spent on you before you became independent and tell me if two million is anywhere near that amount.

See, let this nonsense of 'too much bride price' end here. You are not buying the lady, nobody is selling her to you cause even if they were, cause you can't afford it. So, jejely, pay the one you can and keep quiet about the rest.
You’re such an idiot by saying that, are you selling that girl? If I’m the one that marry her , you will never come to my house as in-law because you sold her to me
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by gunners160(m): 7:26am On Jan 13, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

mentality like this makes me wonder if actually you understand what you have written or you just write thinking you have made a point. From all what you have written above, you just made one single point " Bride price modern day slavery". A parent spent millions on her education, feeding clothing etc, who do you expect them to do that for them? he who cannot father a child should not give birth to a child. You spent millions on her so fucking what? whose responsibilities.
Expensive bride are mostly done by people who have nothing and see their children as an investment just like you. They think they are making sense or keeping tradition rather they are busy looking for a rich yahoo boy who can shoulder their responsibilities. Their father and mother are born of greed and give birth to daughters who need urgent 2k.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by gunners160(m): 7:30am On Jan 13, 2021
richPHAROAH:
all i see is malt beer etc. abeg list it out because all those things i see there is not up to 100k . last week i spent twice that in a strip club. u guys should stop over exaggerating stuff
Which step club. Oga you and I knw you don't have a job and stop lying to us here. Secondly, all you see is not up to 100k, you need a doctor to check your eyes or get a beta phone and stop using a phone with a broken screen
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by richPHAROAH: 8:06am On Jan 13, 2021
gunners160:
Which step club. Oga you and I knw you don't have a job and stop lying to us here. Secondly, all you see is not up to 100k, you need a doctor to check your eyes or get a beta phone and stop using a phone with a broken screen
gunners160:
how old are u and how much do u earn in a month. A lot of you who are broke and unemployed write this gibberish as if you h worth anything. [s]80k is a lot of money and I repeat a lot of money.[/s] Can't you see how people are even struggling to get this job and u are typing nonsense. If you make money legit u no go call any money small. Even Dangote won't make dat mistake
come from a peasant that feels 8k is so big, i will choose to ignore u now. too early to give peasants attention. may even piss u off the more. i make 80 in 30mins when i am ready to make it cheesy
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by NJsimpleboi(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

The fact that you'll weigh bride price against the finances the parents spent on the girl from birth is so insensitive and unintelligent.... That's why domestic abuse is rampart among igbos, after spending more than 4m on marrying a wife and she misbehaves, next thing they beat the hell out of her... Inlaws cannot come and say nonsense when they know how much the guy paid, these same Inlaws will still foolishly convince the lady to remain in the marriage, cos they've probably spent all they realised from the man... Tho I don't support abuse of any sort, buh if you attend meetings meant for issues like this, the man will clearly tell you he bought her and nobody should tell him what to do with his property.... Its pitiful, I guess you never thought this through... That's why most igbo girls aren't married, clocking 30s in their parents house and whoring around.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Theboy21: 10:10am On Jan 13, 2021
After one guyman don chop girl with indomie and egg, another guyman go buy truck of goods with huge money join, chai marriage na cruz cheesy cheesy
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2021
gunners160:
mentality like this makes me wonder if actually you understand what you have written or you just write thinking you have made a point. From all what you have written above, you just made one single point " Bride price modern day slavery". A parent spent millions on her education, feeding clothing etc, who do you expect them to do that for them? he who cannot father a child should not give birth to a child. You spent millions on her so fucking what? whose responsibilities.
Expensive bride are mostly done by people who have nothing and see their children as an investment just like you. They think they are making sense or keeping tradition rather they are busy looking for a rich yahoo boy who can shoulder their responsibilities. Their father and mother are born of greed and give birth to daughters who need urgent 2k.

Blah blah blah.

You did not buy the girl with your bride price. Nobody sold their daughter to you. That's all I need you to understand here. Every other thing is gibberish.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by Sixfeetbelle: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2021
NJsimpleboi:

The fact that you'll weigh bride price against the finances the parents spent on the girl from birth is so insensitive and unintelligent.... That's why domestic abuse is rampart among igbos, after spending more than 4m on marrying a wife and she misbehaves, next thing they beat the hell out of her... Inlaws cannot come and say nonsense when they know how much the guy paid, these same Inlaws will still foolishly convince the lady to remain in the marriage, cos they've probably spent all they realised from the man... Tho I don't support abuse of any sort, buh if you attend meetings meant for issues like this, the man will clearly tell you he bought her and nobody should tell him what to do with his property.... Its pitiful, I guess you never thought this through... That's why most igbo girls aren't married, clocking 30s in their parents house and whoring around.

Blah blah blah.

You did not buy the girl with your bride price. Nobody sold their daughter to you. That's all I need you to understand here. Every other thing is gibberish.
Re: The Imo State Bride Price Wahala by gunners160(m): 10:52am On Jan 13, 2021
richPHAROAH:

come from a peasant that feels 8k is so big, i will choose to ignore u now. too early to give peasants attention. may even piss u off the more. i make 80 in 30mins when i am ready to make it cheesy
whoa u make 80k in 30 mins whoa whoa lia Muhammad must be ur uncle. See, u are jobless and the only thing u can show for it is opera free 20mb. People who brag online and do not have anything make so much noise. Ogar u are still a student or an under employed wheel barrow pusher. I won't respond to u again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Me, My Parent And My Soon To Be Wife; Should I Take Her Advice? / ~Men Are Attracted To What They See While Women Are Attracted To What They Hear~ / Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.