Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom (32309 Views)

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by toprealman: 2:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Hello nairalanders, I know how you felt looking at my post before opening this, but pls know one thing am not a bad person or a foolish son, I just happen to have a *** mom..

The thing is me and my mum almost got into a fight yesterday. Now pls let me explain something to you... I understand how yall love your mother's and would do anything for her, I wish I could say the same for mine.

Anytime my parents get into a quarell my mother won't want to talk or do anything again. She goes to work and comes back late, lies down and sleeps.

It's over 5 months, she doesn't contribute anything, doesn't say anything, does not concern whether the children eat or not because of their quarrel..

I don't fight anyone but if I have a quarrel with my friends or bro, 2 days or the next sef we are talking. He will stay in the room by herself after work while we'll be in the palour eating, She will be in the room sulking.

I once came home and my junior ones told me they were talking about something and laughing and mom came out and said sheybi they are all laughing and very soon they will start crying. Like what kind of mother says that.

If you are looking for woman that curse and swear no one pass my mom.
She has fought every of our neighbors, every last one of them. I can't count how many swear and cursed she has said to my father and even to we the children. My father's brothers and sisters, she has been keeping malice with themsince a month after her wedding. That's over 20 years ago. Something happend and she hates them. If you are seen with your aunt or uncle you'd be in serious trouble.

She has this toxic nature/character always wishing evil for others. If she doesn't like you and she sees you happy it's sadness for her... How can someone be like this.

Today one woman she has quarrelled with had a fight with her brother. My mother was happy, saying e don catch am, laughing and praising God. My father is sick and doesn't even have the strength. They don't talk, she stopped talking to me cause she says me and my dad are always planning what we will eat, that am now the wife abi.

I can't express how hateful I am towards this woman, my heart is full of bitterness towards her.. I can't possibly type everything that I personally go through because it would seem as if I came here just to spite my mother. No matter what, she is still my mother, I am just looking for advice.

I give the children money sometimes when they are angry and I cook the food cause she doesn't do anything. She's sees me as her enemy when you don't want to do it, we should come and be begging you. Everytime we get into a fight for very petty things I always go and beg her, you must beg else you and her are enemies she won't talk to you.. I greet her and she says next time I greet her she will swear for me. This negativity is too much, I am a very Sane person, I won't come and write all this if I ain't pained... I have a father I love and my siblings, but it's this woman now.

Pls what can I do, everyday everytime person go dey beg you for the most unreasonable and petty things, after swear and curses with bad words Don follow steadily.
Keep your distance...do your thing.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by victorazyvictor(m): 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
bro I don't know, is she expecting me to come and be begging her again for what, cause I am cooking??.. My siblings are very little if you give her the money she won't answer or look your side

Any woman that curses others has spiritual issues.
She is possessed with a bad spirit and you guys should be careful because it will be causing hindrance to you guys.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by naijadrivablog: 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kennywagz, I totally understand you
some mothers are not supposed to birth children.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by CoolJul: 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
TechCapon:
that's why I keep saying that mother's love is exaggerated. There are many bad mothers out there but people are reluctant to come out and speak up. It's the good ones that are celebrated, but there are many mothers who don't deserve to called mothers at all.

Sure, everyone has the best mum. lol!

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by spiralwedge(m): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is mental issue. She needs a change of environment.
From far, i can detect that her problem started with a toxic childhood or a very proud family and then stuck in a marriage she's not happy in. Over the years, this has affected her. She has become a shadow of herself, because she didn't receive in life and marriage what she expected.

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Murphydrres(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
boxer022:
My brother I have gone through what you wrote and I must confess it is really touching. My advice for you is that since she has abandoned all her wifely duties and motherly duties due to the reason stated, try as much as you can to take care of your younger ones and especially your father. My ernest wish and prayer is that your father does not die from this situation due to hypertension. Talk to him, take very good care of him, console him also, I know he is going through much stress from thinking, please also appeal to him not to give up and wish for his early death because of what he is passing through from your mom. He should console himself knowing he has children who are capable of taking good care of him. As for your mom since she wants to be isolated from the rest of the family, please grant her wish, discuss with your younger ones to dissociate themselves from her, treating her as she is not part of the family. When she sees that you all are taking adequate care of yourselves and your dad I know she will have a rethink. If she doesn't then it is left to her to live her life as she has decided for herself. Less I forget, don't distance yourselves from your uncles and aunties from both sides of the family, go to them for support and advice.
thanks bro for your advice
Wanted to post same
But my mum isn't as harsh as he's but she's troublesome
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Goldensword: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
seanwilliam:
as if the woman go follow the op .
Homeopath are trained in such a way that they have deep compassion for their patients, so any Homeopath the op call upon will easily follow him home to meet his mum, and don't bother how he will get her to cooperate because Homeopath are great psychologist.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Shattuck(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
I know her type you can't please such people, its best you try and avoid having issues with her as long as you live together, and try as much as possible to be independent, your sanity and wellbeing are priority to you.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Drizzle007(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
merieam16:

If u really wana live in peace with her do wat makes her happy or jejely leave the house and av ur peace

This is a terrible advise. Please do not adhear to it.
Not everyone is mature enough to give thief 2cents in sensitive situations like this.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by InvertedHammer: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
/
It is not your fault but you must bear the pain.

The problem is that your father was not her first choice. That's why she resents him. She keeps thinking of what could have been. But now you are caught in the crossfire.

/
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Loveknitting: 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Hello nairalanders, I know how you felt looking at my post before opening this, but pls know one thing am not a bad person or a foolish son, I just happen to have a *** mom..

The thing is me and my mum almost got into a fight yesterday. Now pls let me explain something to you... I understand how yall love your mother's and would do anything for her, I wish I could say the same for mine.

Anytime my parents get into a quarell my mother won't want to talk or do anything again. She goes to work and comes back late, lies down and sleeps.

It's over 5 months, she doesn't contribute anything, doesn't say anything, does not concern whether the children eat or not because of their quarrel..

I don't fight anyone but if I have a quarrel with my friends or bro, 2 days or the next sef we are talking. He will stay in the room by herself after work while we'll be in the palour eating, She will be in the room sulking.

I once came home and my junior ones told me they were talking about something and laughing and mom came out and said sheybi they are all laughing and very soon they will start crying. Like what kind of mother says that.

She has fought every of our neighbors, every last one of them. I can't count how many swear and cursed she has said to my father and even to we the children. My father's brothers and sisters, she has been keeping malice with themsince a month after her wedding. That's over 20 years ago. Something happend and she hates them. If you are seen with your aunt or uncle you'd be in serious trouble.

She has this toxic nature/character always wishing evil for others. If she doesn't like you and she sees you happy it's sadness for her... How can someone be like this.

Today one woman she has quarrelled with had a fight with her brother. My mother was happy, saying e don catch am, laughing and praising God. My father is sick and doesn't even have the strength. They don't talk, she stopped talking to me cause she says me and my dad are always planning what we will eat, that am now the wife abi.

I can't express how hateful I am towards this woman, my heart is full of bitterness towards her.. I can't possibly type everything that I personally go through because it would seem as if I came here just to spite my mother. No matter what, she is still my mother, I am just looking for advice.

I give the children money sometimes when they are angry and I cook the food cause she doesn't do anything. She's sees me as her enemy when you don't want to do it, we should come and be begging you. Everytime we get into a fight for very petty things I always go and beg her, you must beg else you and her are enemies she won't talk to you.. I greet her and she says next time I greet her she will swear for me. This negativity is too much, I am a very Sane person, I won't come and write all this if I ain't pained... I have a father I love and my siblings, but it's this woman now.

Pls what can I do, everyday everytime person go dey beg you for the most unreasonable and petty things, after swear and curses with bad words Don follow steadily.

You, your siblings and your father, should ask her to leave.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Obakovicho: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
yes I know
Tell your dad to chase her out of the house. Take care of your dad he needs to avoid her negativity or he dies prematurely
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Bigfish121(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
Sometimes you really need to change am follow your mother otherwise she will take you for a ride.my honest advise is to leave the house but unfortunately this will be very bad to the health of your dad.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by josiegirl27: 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
Thanks for your advices, that's what I will do cause people work on their selves if they fill they have insecurities or characters they feel is killing them and they should do away with.. She likes being like that, embracing solitude and expecting others to follow you to it... You cannot be singing and laughing beside her, except she is in a good mood to laugh as well
she is manipulative and toxic. Don't fight her.ignore her u have nothing to beg for.the African mentality makes one stuck with a bad parent. U don't have to. Make your peace with her whatever that would be.and help your siblings become stronger.help your dad get better.your mum has the personality of a narcissist
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by rajiedreez: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
lanreHeda:
So people should accept being treated shabbily, Cursed and starved by someone because the person has been nice to them in past �.
So if her mother was mad you'll tell her to feed her mother to the dogs abi. I don't know you but I question how esteemed you hold a family bond

Bipolar syndrome is a mental illness so her mother needs mental analysis
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by ubola: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kingosytex:
It seems your mum is fed up with the marriage. There are many reasons that can make a woman detest her husband and children so much, the chief of them being that she is already into a relationship with another man...I just hope it is not true.

Bro, no matter what do not fight your mum, I repeat do not fight her...i repeat do not even touch her for any reason.

I suggest you approach her calmly, tell her your mind, ask her certain questions pertaining her attitude and sort out things amicably...If you believe in God, then take your matters to HIM in prayer.

Prayers do more magic than magicians.
You said my mind and that's the bitter truth. An elderly man once told me that 3 things keep a woman happy in matrimony. First is MONEY, second is PREEK and third is AVAILABILITY. Atimes they might overlook the third, but not the first and second. Most of them started well when the guy was young and had strength stones using aphrodisiacs to satisfy their Urge,but after some time it won't be that way again as Stress for school fees,feeding and house rent takes over a greater part of his thoughts, he begins to dysfunction gradually while the woman seeks for satisfaction outside. This doesn't apply to all women as there are good ones. But the fact is that women cheat with their emotions and can even kill the husband and children for it if occasion demands. Will advise the op to take things easy and pray to God,work harder to be liberated from her shackles of curses and get more closer to the father For pieces of advice and help the poor man stay longer. This Life, thought have seen all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by hardbody: 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

So none of your neighbours (i mean females) can beat her up? Someone should fight with her and if you guys notice she is getting beaten, don't separate the fight. When an outsider has beaten her very well, she will humble. What manner of mother is that one na? Where did your father see her to marry? Thank God she did not terminate you guys sha
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Oyerinde16(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:
yes I know

Cos I have gone through something similar, let me advice you from a point of experience...

I deducted clearly you are tired of always begging your mom, My brother you must NEVER get tired, keep begging at every single opportunity, Working as a customer care with MTN taught me to at all times apologise to the customer even if they are at fault... I have apologised more than 100,000 times until I left, so keep on apologising...

I deducted you don't have your moms PASSWORD, My guy u failed woefully here, every living thing has a mumu button, find it, even if you have to behave like a monkey.

Once you detect she is calm, shot your shoot, ask here questions, initiate play, if she insult and curse you jokingly insult yourself, curse yourself remind her of the curse she forgot, turn your lemon to lemonades, gradually you will see those insult fades because what more, is it not the insult you will even remind her of...

Cook and give her, tell her that you miss her meals, when she is laying down, go lay beside her, find her trouble, naso play go take start, once she begins to like you, forget you have won...
However, if you decide to raise your shoulder, refuse to apologise, keep in fighting, my brother what you type is what you will keep getting... You need to chose your fight wisely...

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by lanreHeda: 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Cos I have gone through something similar, let me advice you from a point of experience...

I deducted clearly you are tired of always begging your mom, My brother you must NEVER get tired, keep begging at every single opportunity, Working as a customer care with MTN taught me to at all times apologise to the customer even if they are at fault... I have apologised more than 100,000 times until I left, so keep on apologising...

I deducted you don't have your moms PASSWORD, My guy u failed woefully here, every living thing has a mumu button, find it, even if you have to behave like a monkey.

Once you detect she is calm, shot your shoot, ask here questions, initiate play, if she insult and curse you jokingly insult yourself, curse yourself remind her of the curse she forgot, turn your lemon to lemonades, gradually you will see those insult fades because what more, is it not the insult you will even remind her of...

Cook and give her, tell her that you miss her meals, when she is laying down, go lay beside her, find her trouble, naso play go take start, once she begins to like you, forget you have won...
However, if you decide to raise your shoulder, refuse to apologise, keep in fighting, my brother what you type is what you will keep getting... You need to chose your fight wisely...
" go and lay beside her, find her trouble"...SMH...
dem never stone you mug before.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

Probably she is suffering from kind of psychology disease from time asks your father what he was thinking/looking all these years his wife was fighting with his siblings he did nothing which is the result of what she has transfer to the children when their is nobody to fight again
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by boxer022(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
Murphydrres:
thanks bro for your advice
Wanted to post same
But my mum isn't as harsh as he's but she's troublesome

You are most welcome. You said your mum is troublesome, can you elaborate on that and how it affects the family so that I can advice on what to do
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by iykedrizzy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
your mother is bi-polar . she needs medical help. google it and watch on YouTube, it would give you more clarity over what your going through
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Blackdeewhy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
You just describe my mom. So toxic that growing up was hell. She fought every single soul in our street then. Walking was so shameful. Till date, a part of me sincerely don't like that woman. Because of her I can say I turn out this way. Sorry about your predicament OP, I can relate, will just ask you to picture any thing that gives you joy or you sing so loud whenever she started her trouble. Or you take a walk, like I did!

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by ibinaboonline: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
God bless you for this.
yanabasee:
You've been exposed to early maturity and right now your siblings will be looking up on you for everything...

You have found the problem...But yet to find the solution....

Fighting your mum is not ideal...Ignoring her is an insult....

If I were you, I'll rather refused fighting her... Greet her and go your way... Cook and serve her if you may and show her love....

She doesn't find the happiness in the marriage and not even from the kids and could be some hormonal issues or a mental health issues....

Just love her as a mother and look after your siblings.... Ignore her curses.... Always be nice to your father's neighbor and don't let them see you kids as a product of your mother's making....
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by ItzAbas(m): 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kriss216:
Do what makes her happy?? Is she God?

omor guy she till ur mum gudluck gee
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Roseey0(f): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
Your father married a bad wife .
He has accepted it
You just have to manage it til she goes.

Put her in constant prayer.
She can only change tru prayer
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by frozen70(f): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

Am sorry to say that your mum is vicious

It's either you people accept her government or deal with it

It's a pity your dad is weak, else you guys will join forces

In the interim, calm down and have a talk with your mother over her bad attitude, present it to her in a polite manner

She must have something to say and give reasons for her actions

Unless she is going senile
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by cyndylove64(f): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2021
kennywagz:

hmmm.your mum can't change I swear,no amount of prayer will work on her,sorry to say this but she remains ur mum.i will tell u to sit her down and talk to her .explain ur feelings to her.if she curses you and stuff.then leave her.and treat her like she doesn't exist.
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Teaveapoet(f): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
ccollins:
u are Vivian? Still Ur face hasn't changed tho.u don't stay in okoko ajangbadi around ojo lga anylonger?

Eeyah. Its not me ooh�
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by bummyla(m): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
I once came home and my junior ones told me they were talking about something and laughing and mom came out and said sheybi they are all laughing and very soon they will start crying.

When we were small my mother will always do the same, and whenever she said so, it will seem as if it was a prompt for us to fight! I kept wondering why everytime, she said so, we the Children will start fighting to justify her utterance!
Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by Lambarry1: 5:10am On Jan 14, 2021
There are plenty women like your mother. If you open thier brains to look what is inside, na cobwebs full inside meaning say she no get sense and you can never change her. Her toxicity comes with anger, jealousy, gossiping, cursing , hatred, selfishness , self love, very unforgiving, malicious, and crowns it all with senselessness.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom by EmekaA125(m): 6:17am On Jan 14, 2021
Teaveapoet:
Pray for her
There's nothing prayer can't do but I hope you didn't make this statement based on what people usually tell females to do whenever their husbands misbehave

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Wife Ever Confront Her Hubby’s Side Chick? / Jilted Pregnant Lady Storms Church With Schnapps, Curses Would-be Couple, Pastor / Types Of Husband: Men What Type Are You? Women What type Is Your Hubby??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.