Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) (112516 Views)

The Lagos Hustle: Queens Of Deceit (18+) / Zion Rufus ‘the Lagos Hustle’ / Two Worlds Meet At The Lagos Oriental Hotel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Tominix(m): 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ann2012:

Ok boss
Don't worry I will complete it
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Oroolorun(m): 10:42pm On Feb 15, 2021
I hope there is seat for the latecomer? Sorry o Oga Souloho19 that I came to your party a little bit late. I'm here now and we're doing this together.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by EbonyQueen001(f): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
souloho19:
Roll call;

rchilee haryodejy EdmundAlma Ayoshewa meneski blueflowers HelenBee EkopsparoAyara Centitan labelle123 cerowo hidhris Horladstar vakjay08 charytea honourable356 DzTzl Ayoshewa joislim missnande nastynic jonsyn7154 moffat queenitee bigbauer shurley ceecane2 marvin906 Oroolorun Horladstar genius43 dview001 dupsai oroolorun charminee Ayoshewa12 genius43 vickyluvspices nifebabe skubido lildiamond chommieblaq fertilewomb Eberechi24 chii8 marischerry chisiudeh smileing Oluwakemi65 yemike ceecane2 Nostradamus SPDAZZY explosive04 Anno81 rchilee dimssy tenderblaze sexyolori phoenixchap Evaristomonarch Gracito mitchelljnr queenDD neurojosh phoenixchap WHOcarex Damibiz dimssy SleekHoyeen jupitre rayvelez labelle123 Twizzy30 iamL iamLoyalty princessadeola switkera marianlsy IRALIFE mRaRcH olaayinkha Agp19 joshnes heemah Nmaglit WAACUT nikz Nawtiblayse donnaD Opeade939 Kaycee9242 Godwinfury Ebonyqyeen001 ADECULATE adedolapo2017 UE=RANTAALLWELL afamjb paafin HazardMan Raingirl smhart1 silvertrinity bimberry1307 sussybae Beetunez44 mcjesuspikin Bleeze2 kpagoGIN Ann2012 cyndy1000 alarmednigerian pweetygiftofGod ladidacanon preshb mekonglobal mynet11 wizsolzy warfibabe Jazmiynne fatherjp segibambo pinkfeet Boywest1 matrycx WEALTH304 youngzubi talk2saintify oluwaseunliz tonyxxx adamsbadoo stevodot22 uchihaclassiq konphido paqman Dhemmyjay Mayorkay1 Patotelli okeyben10 uthman51 jeweltab enohorglo mcbliss samexdx ChizzyMaris Jumizie13 kunleAJ solomonbrown64 magicmeemee Toeyean1507 slimbless cylovee nkemdave Erudite202 Gotee11 donteanz samwobi pinkbae mariansly Mrintegrity247 coolie1 laraemi skyUrch Oluwahfemi seunfunmi18 RegArmani Elviswifey1 spixytinxy kechbeau Ariremako30 Evold shaydeenamz Amhappy Olalake preciousbouy PToretto mikeybrainy Doubleprof1 iamkingoludav phayth gabi98 jalo1 wonderz1 solly1 speakout03 mrsochy virtuedagirl stephenGee12 arrestdarrester wizsolzy FameG Iamabraham koligns mirej rowdymind do4luv14 classicman202 iamochyglows wonderz1 queenbetsy TeameeMoses cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy Dnimaa smooth278 chibestjerry Sunak mimilight paulohgirlie silensa Abelranking Honeydawealth MhisTahrah opalk xriah18 Riele Harmymy cameoluv chigozie1010 obicoolnino ladysunshine94 toyean1507 shekinah190 excelmerry crazo rapfrick khennykhay ifemism02 jenkvnq Asek1 ashiko9 Ebonyqueen001 Iamjaxx marycookie93 ratty03 hotswagg12 ChisomDgreatest winie chiprince007 hfinest1 emmyN HisGrace000001 princevirus Kimmiebabie Taniaa Akinz75 Destiny4fame uweminyang Elfaris benicta Aphroditee xeenoblack15 spyrodee Assurance1000 hardeybhayour slimynonny donblazer10 josipov Nathalya jellymusty vulcanheph ewaski welcome guys, we go again

No wonder I did not see the mention. You mispelt my name.

I be dey wonder how my guy go start ogbonge tori and I no hear am.

I don land, even if it's a month late, make I go find seat to enjoy this confirm tori.

Weldone bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WHOcarex: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nice one bro. Been a while

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 12:38am On Feb 17, 2021
::::::::::::::
Kanaku

Finally

Barakat was 4 months pregnant and her hormones were seriously playing ping pong with her emotions. She had the weirdest cravings, always requesting weird food combo's on a daily. Ice-cream was the only constant craving she had. She wanted the ridiculously expensive coldstone mostly but had to make do with fanice.

Like I had done when she was pregnant with Ruki, I did my best to satisfy her cravings. I was always ready to make love to her no matter how tired or cranky I was, I also constantly assured her that her cheeks didn't look fat, or that her feet didn't resemble a clown's shoe, and that she was going to have a safe delivery. Other times the hormones went into full gear and she began to cry, asking why I didn't love her and why I refused to marry her.

It was even more stressful than the first pregnancy but I wasn't the one going to push another human being out of my body so the way I saw it, I had no right to complain. I also cut down on potential spending by getting some good plywood from a contact from the street and making a baby cot. Thank God Ruki's old shawl, sheets and covers were still in a box along with most of her baby clothes. I almost found myself wishing it was another girl so I won't have to buy more clothes. It was that bad. Out in the street I was always cranky. I had been in a bad mood for years now and it only seemed to be getting worse.

The streets had failed me, with all my street smarts and reputation yet here I was hoping I didn't birth a son because I was broke.

::
Then one day, out of the blue I received a phone call.

"Hello who be this?" I snapped

"hello chairman. Na me Jackson"

"Jack who?"

"Boss I no know if you remember, we been meet like two years back, you helped me get weed and then you gave me your number that I should call if I needed your help"

I couldn't remember doing any of the things he said but I was a greyhound when opportunity was in the air, and I could smell possibilities. "okay, so what can I do for you?"

"Bros, E get one guy wey suppose help me pick my money but he die the whole funds. This is the second week now and he has been telling me story. Offering me just 4 thousand instead of 20k"

"Four thousand naira, sheesh he didn't even drop 10 atleast"

"no boss, chiarman sir....not naira dollars"

My ears immediately perked up like a satellite dish. "Did you just say dollars?"

"yes boss"

"He's with your 20k dollars?"

"yes"

Maths wasn't my strong suit but I knew that was some serious money. Definitely a couple million.

Oh Lordy Lord!

Was the big score finally here?

I cleared my throat. "Errrm, where are you, maybe we should meet face to face and you give me the complete details, the money must fall out"

"alright chairman, much respect. I dey Ikoyi now but I'll be in Mushin first thing tomorrow"

"Okay I go dey expect your call"

I gave a shout after I dropped the call. "Arrrghh!! Eleda ma suun, wake up, time to make this money"

I felt re-energized, angry and determined. I didn't care whoever the said guy sitting on the money was, I was an unstoppable force heading for dollar signs, anybody in my path would either get out of the way or get wrecked.

::::
The next day, I gave him directions to the motor park and we set a rendezvous time for 2pm. I was there from noon. Excited and waiting eagerly. Iya dada even noticed I wasn't frowning and commented on it. I paid her no mind, my eyes darting in the direction of any new face that entered the park.

About 10 minutes before 2 o'clock I saw two guys, probably early to mid 20's. They looked like the kind of guys I called ice cream boys. As the thought crossed my mind I had a brief flashback of meeting the shorter guy some time back. I couldn't recall exactly but from my modus operandi I was sure I had extorted him and then given him my number. He had kept the number diligently until he needed my help. I smirked, that's the kind of impression I leave on Jjc's.

They joined me where I sat at my usual spot, but I signaled and led them to an empty bus that had been stationary for years and had no tires. We settled into the danfo and the shorter guy said. "bros i hope you fit remember my face, it don tey sha"

"I can remember no worry. So tell me everything"

"ok boss, I don dey work on my client for a very long time now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to bill him. This is my friend Offwhite. Because he has lots of contacts I hit him up and told him about the deal. He then introduced me to this particular guy. The guy had a good reputation and everyone we asked told us he's a honest dealer"

"wait, na yahoo ba?" I asked just to be sure.

Jackson hesitated but replied in the affirmative.

"wow, una dey see money o" I observed. Maybe I was in the wrong line of hustle after all.

"yes chief, but most of these bastards go pick money run. Some go travel, some go just disappear from the face of the earth sef," the other guy called Off-something chipped in.

"This guy that ripped you off, did he travel?"

"no sir he's still in this Lagos that's the annoying thing. It's been 9 days since the money was sent but we haven't seen one naira yet. He asked for 2 weeks grace and the 2 weeks is almost up"

"I thought you said he offered you 4k or something like that?"

"yes but we didn't collect it."

"what is his reason for not giving you the complete money?" I asked

"He said the woman who picked the money cut contact with him and ran with the money"

"Is there no way to confirm it?"

"Not at all, na whitie the woman be" Offwhite replied

"oh...I understand now. Which means he might be lying?"

"he is lying chief. That money entered his hand I'm sure of it. He's just greedy cause his cut is 30 percent, and the money is not even 20k, it's 23k that was sent"

"Hmmm" I stroked my beard thinking of dollar signs. "what's his name?"

"Fuoyo"

"Do you have his address?"

"yes. I just got it yesterday that's why I called you. He has till this Thursday to bring the full money"

"Okay splendid. For me to recover all your money I must be prepared for any situation. You understand? I have a lot of questions about him"

"we'll answer all boss, I want him taught a serious lesson," Jackson sounded so bitter I guessed his mouth tasted sour

"Alaye calm down, the money is the priority. I will teach him a lesson he'll never forget, that one is for sure but the money first okay? Now, on the off chance that he really doesn't have the money, does he have any valuable property I can seize.?"

"well he has a car, Offwhite...how much you think say that him Lexus go be?"

His friend scratched his nose. "Like 3.5 or 4 million"

"Okay that's a start" I robbed my hands together, "what else?"

::
After the meeting I had learned a lot about the Fuoyo fellow. I had gotten his Ikeja house address and I was determined to pay him a visit as soon as possible, and if intimidation didn't work with him, my fists will. But for now my two newest friends gave me an advance of 50,000 naira cash for inspiration and to cover any expenses I will incure. I assured them I would either bring the money, his car, or bring him to them. I might even bring all 3 depending on my mood and how he responded.

"Dawg didn't I tell you this my chiarman is capable? Shey you no believe my connect?" I heard Jackson brag to his friend as they got down from the bus and took their leave.

I was 50k richer already. Just like that. I haven't even held such a bulk sum in quite a while and it felt good to feel my pockets heavy. I gave my 2 closest friends in the park 3k each; Isa the Malian and Suleimon my right hand man. They were my loyal partners in the petty crime life when it came to digging holes or taxing unsuspecting individuals. And even though I was a little tight fisted with money, I valued their loyalty.

"Ah egbon Kanaku! Twale! shey any general market? Make I follow you?" Suleimon had the funniest street slangs in his vocabulary. A jagged scar ran down his cheek, just below his eye to the edge of his lip, giving him a rugged appearance. For a second I thought of keeping him in the loop and taking him along but decided not to.

I could handle this Fuoyo fellow on my own.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 12:39am On Feb 17, 2021
Thanks for your comments guys, I always look forward to them. Jah bless

3 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by dimssy(m): 7:36am On Feb 17, 2021
Now I understand the first post better.

Souloho19, I'm here o.

Interesting update

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Twelvedemon12(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2021
Following keep the update coming please
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Reuben700: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
Abeg mention me I the next post mean while I fear for fuyo angry he go see pepper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Itunuoluwaaa: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2021
Souloho19 I'm speechless. You re good... Drops mic.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Itunuoluwaaa: 8:09am On Feb 18, 2021
I just have a feeling its getting more tense... Like the three of them will soon see physically����
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Oroolorun(m): 11:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
Real Wahala for Fuoyo.... I bet fate have reason in bringing Fuoyo and Kanaku together. Ride on Oga Souloho19, we dey gbadun you.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
Finally....a story i like
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Oroolorun(m): 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
Real Wahala for Fuoyo....
I bet fate have reason in bringing Fuoyo and Kanaku together. But time will tell.
Ride on Oga Souloho19. We dey gbadun you.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Oroolorun(m): 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ride on Oga Souloho19. We dey gbadun you.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by PrudySara(f): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
Gbagaun! Things are about to get really serious! Well done OP!

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Finally........ it’s about to go down

Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 11:41am On Feb 20, 2021
Souloho my guy welcome back, good to have you back after a long while...Thanks for the mention, even though am late am finally here.
It's a nice story line, 3 characters with different stories all in the struggle to survive in this turgid terrain '9ja'. I see fate bringing Fouyo, Kanaki, and Jess together and they'll form a notorious and formidable gang in this survival business.
Keep up bro, the unrivalled multi-talented, suspense-filled, story twisting guru.
Following this story as ant de follow sugar.

Your ardent follower, Mynet11

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by dupsai(f): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
Finally I caught up with the story, thanks Souloho for the invitee, you never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:27am On Feb 21, 2021
souloho19:
Roll call;

rchilee haryodejy EdmundAlma Ayoshewa meneski blueflowers HelenBee EkopsparoAyara Centitan labelle123 cerowo hidhris Horladstar vakjay08 charytea honourable356 DzTzl Ayoshewa joislim missnande nastynic jonsyn7154 moffat queenitee bigbauer shurley ceecane2 marvin906 Oroolorun Horladstar genius43 dview001 dupsai oroolorun charminee Ayoshewa12 genius43 vickyluvspices nifebabe skubido lildiamond chommieblaq fertilewomb Eberechi24 chii8 marischerry chisiudeh smileing Oluwakemi65 yemike ceecane2 Nostradamus SPDAZZY explosive04 Anno81 rchilee dimssy tenderblaze sexyolori phoenixchap Evaristomonarch Gracito mitchelljnr queenDD neurojosh phoenixchap WHOcarex Damibiz dimssy SleekHoyeen jupitre rayvelez labelle123 Twizzy30 iamL iamLoyalty princessadeola switkera marianlsy IRALIFE mRaRcH olaayinkha Agp19 joshnes heemah Nmaglit WAACUT nikz Nawtiblayse donnaD Opeade939 Kaycee9242 Godwinfury Ebonyqyeen001 ADECULATE adedolapo2017 UE=RANTAALLWELL afamjb paafin HazardMan Raingirl smhart1 silvertrinity bimberry1307 sussybae Beetunez44 mcjesuspikin Bleeze2 kpagoGIN Ann2012 cyndy1000 alarmednigerian pweetygiftofGod ladidacanon preshb mekonglobal mynet11 wizsolzy warfibabe Jazmiynne fatherjp segibambo pinkfeet Boywest1 matrycx WEALTH304 youngzubi talk2saintify oluwaseunliz tonyxxx adamsbadoo stevodot22 uchihaclassiq konphido paqman Dhemmyjay Mayorkay1 Patotelli okeyben10 uthman51 jeweltab enohorglo mcbliss samexdx ChizzyMaris Jumizie13 kunleAJ solomonbrown64 magicmeemee Toeyean1507 slimbless cylovee nkemdave Erudite202 Gotee11 donteanz samwobi pinkbae mariansly Mrintegrity247 coolie1 laraemi skyUrch Oluwahfemi seunfunmi18 RegArmani Elviswifey1 spixytinxy kechbeau Ariremako30 Evold shaydeenamz Amhappy Olalake preciousbouy PToretto mikeybrainy Doubleprof1 iamkingoludav phayth gabi98 jalo1 wonderz1 solly1 speakout03 mrsochy virtuedagirl stephenGee12 arrestdarrester wizsolzy FameG Iamabraham koligns mirej rowdymind do4luv14 classicman202 iamochyglows wonderz1 queenbetsy TeameeMoses cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy Dnimaa smooth278 chibestjerry Sunak mimilight paulohgirlie silensa Abelranking Honeydawealth MhisTahrah opalk xriah18 Riele Harmymy cameoluv chigozie1010 obicoolnino ladysunshine94 toyean1507 shekinah190 excelmerry crazo rapfrick khennykhay ifemism02 jenkvnq Asek1 ashiko9 Ebonyqueen001 Iamjaxx marycookie93 ratty03 hotswagg12 ChisomDgreatest winie chiprince007 hfinest1 emmyN HisGrace000001 princevirus Kimmiebabie Taniaa Akinz75 Destiny4fame uweminyang Elfaris benicta Aphroditee xeenoblack15 spyrodee Assurance1000 hardeybhayour slimynonny donblazer10 josipov Nathalya jellymusty Vulcanheph ewaski welcome guys, we go again

for a while there I thought I won't see my name..... As much as I'm sad that you didn't complete "The hole in the wall" , I'm glad that you took the time to come and let us know that you won't be completing it.(that alone sets you apart from 70% of nairaland's story writers).... I've always been a fan of your work and will always be.

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2021
EkopSparoAyara:
Fuoyo has lived his life in truancy, cared less about the future. The aftermath of his youthful exuberancies are staring at him in the face.. Finished school and gone to service at age 22, yet nothing to show for it, no good plans.. Will he come back to the right track or will he continue being wasteful? We will know soon.

Jecinta, oh Jecinta, the almost innocent girl is about to be introduced into the destructive world of prostitution, she has overestimated the short term benefits and underestimated the long term nemesis..If only she knows what the future holds..

Kanaku, the street thug on the other hand is feeding off on people's pains, that is parasitic.. He has forgotten that he who digs a pit will one day fall into it.. Karma respects nobody.

All of this just to secure the bag, I await as the story unveils..

BRAVO SOULOHO19
I must confess, you do possess some literary abilities.... keep it up who knows maybe you might give our souloho a "run for his money".

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by popeshemoo(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2021
My BROTA instincts tell me fuoyo is the neighbor madam jecinta had been crushing on

3 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2021
popeshemoo:
My BROTA instincts tell me fuoyo is the neighbor madam jecinta had been crushing on
I think say na only me de reason am... Oil de your head brother
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:47am On Feb 21, 2021
popeshemoo:
Wait oo, na so oo.. E fit be Fuoyo oo
I no even reason am go that side sha..

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Hydriss(m): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2021
popeshemoo:
Fuoyo got a house at Ikeja while Jecinta's flat is at 1004

3 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 7:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Chapter 7

FUOYO

Caught Sleeping

I tried my best to make Jackson and Offwhite understand that my picker had really gone awol and I never received their money. I offered them the little I could gather under short notice (a little over $4000) and asked them to give me two weeks to gather the remaining. Offwhite wanted them to take the money but Jackson had other plans and refused. In two weeks time, I was going to provide every cent of the 70% cut and if I didn't, they were going to Bleep me up and make me regret double crossing them.

"For the last time bro, I didn't doublecross you I swear!" I cried out but as usual my pleas of innocence fell on deaf ears. And I wasn't really innocent. I had taken a stupid risk cause of greed and now I was knee deep in debt.

The only option I had was to keep on hustling to get the money. I tried to inspire myself and I stayed up all night. It was easy to motivate myself when I had 13 days left to pay the debt, but then before I could blink, I realized 9 days had gone by already and I had till Thursday to at least pay a substantial amount or else....or else what?

I knew Jackson and Offwhite were not the type of guys to let this kind of matter die, they were going to make a move and it would probably be something drastic. I suspected they were going to show up at my house in the middle of the night with a couple of their friends and beat me to within an inch of my life. Probably leave a permanent scar to remind me of what happens when I mess with them. Or maybe they'll try to get me killed? I didn't think they had the mind to kill but when money was involved people became unpredictable.

On Wednesday I finally decided to leave my house very early Thursday morning and go some place far to lay low for a while. I didn't know where exactly I'll go. I couldn't go home or go to Shaq's. I'll probably just lay low in a coded hotel somewhere on the island. Thanks to Jackson for adamantly refusing the four thousand I offered them last week. That was literally all the available cash I had on me.

By now I'd sent over a thousand messages to Lori, pleading and threatening for the money, I even tried reverse psychology, I tried anything I could think of but I still didn't get a single reply from her. I was bleeped

I spent the whole Wednesday putting my apartment in order. I expected they'll come looking for me that weekend when I didn't pay up and I needed them to think I had traveled at the last minute. I bought rolls of plastic from a Supermart and draped it over all my furniture. My Tv, tables, couches, kitchen racks, I even draped it over my wardrobe. That might give them the impression I wasn't coming back anytime soon. It was just unfortunate I'd paid my rent barely 3 months ago, it felt like a waste now that I didn't even know when or if I'll be back.

By night I had packed a single backpack with a few clothes and my laptop in my booth. By 6am tomorrow, I planned to hit the road.
I retrieved my laptop from the car but I was so distracted that I couldn't chat properly. I gave my new online love interest some flimsy excuse of coming down with the flu and logged off. I decided to call it an early night and retired to my room by 10pm however, I was too worried to sleep. I spent an hour tossing and turning until I decided to have a strong drink. I needed to drink my troubles away, alcohol should do the trick.

I had a half bottle of absolut vodka in my kitchen cupboard, I usually added a shot to my cup of coffee every morning but I needed something much stronger this time around and poured it raw into my tea mug. I took a long gulp and felt it burn my throat all the way to my belly. The mug was much bigger than your regular teacup and I refilled it before returning the almost empty bottle to the cupboard. I put on the stereo and connected my bluetooth, increasing the volume till Kendrick's Lamar voice filled my apartment.

I wasn't much of a drinker and I was tipsy in a couple of minutes, slouched on my couch and mouthing of the few rap words I was familiar with. "...bitch be humble, sit down....be humble sit down...."

I took another long drink, thankful for liquor. I couldn't even remember what had been troubling me so much. I decided to go hard and soon staggered to the kitchen to retrieve the remaining vodka from the cupboard.

I was almost merry for 30 minutes, rapping and singing until my eyes got heavy and I passed out.

When my alarm rang 6 hours later I didn't move, I was wasted on my couch, too deep in my alcohol induced sleep to hear the mechanical cock crowing from my phone and urging me to wake up.

I finally woke up by 10:30 with a splitting headache. For some minutes I had trouble remembering where I was as my sitting room gradually came into focus and I realized I was sprawled on my couch. I blinked about a dozen times and ran my tongue over my teeth, my mouth tasted like an abomination and my head felt like someone had hit me with a crowbar. I had such a terrible headache. Why on earth did I drink so much last night?

Then I remembered! Today was the D day. I was supposed to take flight before dawn and judging from the bright light spilling through the window I was far behind schedule.

"Shit!"

I struggled to sit up, I needed to use my mouth wash, take some panadol and get the hell out. I noticed something from the corner of my eye and turned my head. The movement sent a sharp pain to my brain and I cried out in surprise as the object fully came into focus. Leaning on my doorjamb and smiling at me was a fierce looking man I had never seen before in my entire life. He was tall, about an inch taller than me and he was in a tight fitting polo shirt which clung to his hard rock muscles like a second skin. He had thick arms folded over a barrel of a chest and his shoulders were broad and wavy with hard muscles. He had the physique of a body builder but you instinctively knew he had probably never lifted weights in his life.

But it was his eyes that feared me the most. He had the coldest eyes I had ever seen in my life, he kept them narrowed on me, staring right into my eyes and no doubt seeing the fear in my soul.

When he spoke, his voice sent a chill down my spine and at that moment I really thought I was a dead man.
"Hello Fuoyo, I thought you'll never wake" He smiled a wicked smile and I swallowed, unable to find my voice.

I didn't even wonder who he was, I had a pretty good idea already. The only thing that I could think of was how on Earth this scary looking beast had broken into my house and I hadn't heard a thing. Damn the alcohol.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
::::::::::::::
JECINCTA

The Unexpected Call

I didn't hear from Mr D on Saturday, neither did he call me on Sunday. By Monday night I was a little concerned. 3 days without hearing from him was a new record. I found myself thinking about him during the day, about how his mission in Edo state was going and if he had any luck with whatever it was he was looking for. I also wondered how he would take it if I broke up with him. Would he just let me go? After everything he had done for me? Although I knew I wasn't ready to end things with him, not when I was already learning to drive and dreaming of the BMW convertible he was going to buy for me. Mr D provided me a life of luxury and in return, I was more or less his property, constantly walking on eggshells to assure him I had eyes for no one else, because the only thing that really mattered was keeping the money source happy. But now that I knew I would never be broke again, it was fun to imagine what it would be like to be free from his toxic jealousy and the overbearing control he wielded over me. To go out and not have to answer a barrage of accusatory questions and not have to promise him assurances of my fidelity. To be able to travel home once in a while without asking him for permission. Last Christmas after promising my parents I'll spend the holidays with them, he had refused to let me go, saying he wanted me in Lagos with him. Although I had developed feelings for him but it wasn't love, when someone spoiled you thoroughly you were bound to feel some affection. To be honest I wasn't sure I could even fall in love again, but it would have been nice to know I had the option open to me, but not when my life centered round him. I didn't even have any real friends, most of the people I knew were the high class snobbish elite Mr. D had introduced me to during our yatch rides and private beach parties. It was ironic, I had found a way to seduce and control Mr D to provide my needs and make my every whims a reality but the truth was he was the one who had control over my life.

He had told me specifically not to call him but by Tuesday morning I tried his line again. It was still out of reach. I could do nothing but worry and speculate until I got a call from him by 9pm. I was relieved to hear from him and a little surprised to learn I genuinely cared for him.
"Mr. D what happened? I was so worried when I didn't-" I struggled to keep the relief in my voice to a minimum
But he interrupted me. "Jess oh my, you wouldn't believe what has happened!"

There was so much excitement in his voice I became intrigued immediately. "What happened love?"

"I'll be coming home tomorrow not weekend anymore...."

I remembered what he had said before he traveled. If he was coming back before weekend, did that mean he had found whatever.....

He was still speaking, "It exists Jess! Can you believe it? I found it, all this while I thought it was a lie!" He stopped to draw his breath, I had never heard him sound this excited before. "I'm just meant to spend a couple of hours in Lagos before I fly out again to Sokoto but I'll find time to stop by"

"What's real baby? What did you find? what's in Sokoto? Slow down nah!" I could barely keep up.

"Don't worry I'll make sure I stop by your place first, I'll try to explain better but baby, you're about to become a fucking queen, a real queen. My queen..... you wouldn't believe, it still feels like a dream..." His voice faded away kind of wistfully before he ended the call. I didn't know what to make of the call except that he sounded a little crazy but I was intrigued.

He called me as early as 10;11am the next day to inform me he was already at the Murtala Mohammed Airport. "These past 4 days have been really stressful, I have to check in briefly at work but I should be with you by 2. I have till 4 before heading back to the airport so you have to really make it worth it"

I knew just what he wanted. "A massage..?"

"Perfect, see you soon" I heard the smile in his voice

I was a little excited, I knew I was going to receive a crazy transfer alert from him, I had a feeling the biggest amount yet. He was in one of his best moods; and whenever work went well that meant more money.

I did my facials, and while I waited for the face mask to dry off, I painted my nails then picked around my wardrobe while my toe nails dried off.
I took some pictures and watched an episode of love and hip hop Atlanta while I waited for Mr. D to show up. By 3pm there was no sign of him. His number was back to unreachable status and I kept waiting to hear my doorbell ring 3 short times in the unique way he always rang it but by 4 I gave up and washed off the light make up and changed out of the lingerie into a more comfortable shirt and shorts over fishnet stockings.

By 5:30 a strange number called me. I was wary to pick up at first, Abobo had called me with a strange number just few weeks back, immediately I heard his voice I cut the call and added the number to the blocked list. Now, I let it ring until it became apparent the caller was quite persistent before I reluctantly picked on the 4th consecutive call. To my surprise I heard the high pitched voice that could only belong to Mr. D. I expected he was calling from some airport in the North but instead he surprised me; "Jess, listen to me, I want you to get a taxi and come down to the Bohemian Grove hotel, I'll be in the Pent house as usual. Be quick and discreet oh! don't talk to anybody and make sure you bring your passport along. Hurry up and be here before 7"

"What, what's going on? I don't understa-"

I heard the soft click that signified the call had been disconnected.

Just what on Earth was going on? And what did he mean by 'bring your passport?' Mr. D was extremely spontaneous by nature and normally I'll be squealling with excitement at the recent development and rushing to go meet him, but for the strain I heard in his voice. He had sounded excited no doubt but also a little....concerned....no not that, he had sounded a little scared.

I spent 30 minutes engaged in a mental tug of war until at last I released a sigh and went to my room. I didn't emerge in different clothes or even freshen up my make up, I only grabbed my Fendi purse from the dresser. Part of me wanted to break up with him before I got involved in whatever it was he seemed to be running from. The second carefree and Adventure seeking side was prepared to travel with him to wherever.

I knew I had to see him first and whatever he told me would determine if I head back home or stay with him. So I didn't freshen up and make a fuss about my appearance in case I came back home in an hour. However I put my virgin passport in my purse.

The uber arrived under 5 minutes and I locked my apartment and headed for the elevator, fighting the uneasy feeling that my life was about to change.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JustCruise(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
Perfect way to end a good day. Thanks boss.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
Wawuu!!! Thanks boss for this wonderful updates.
I'm wondering how Kanaku and Fuoyo will come together oo.. Because Kanaku need money like madt now.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by sltn(m): 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mehn boss man souloho19 na man you be. Thanks man for the update.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by cassbeat(m): 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2021
Dope update as usual
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2021
It's about to go down! Nice update bro, keep it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.