Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:44 AM

Will Few Make Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Few Make Heaven? (1712 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / RCCG Pastor: "Dangote Will Not Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
Right from the beginning of civilization there has never been equality in the way all the countries are developing! Due to certain factors some countries are faster than others to develop and moreover back then some people do gang up to rob others of valuable things leaving the victims to become predators preying on their own people after the stronger tribe/nation has robbed them.

That's what you're experiencing in the world today your beliefs has nothing to do with that! smiley

paxonel:
really?
It's not your fault.
By the time you find yourself in Europe with your skewed mentality caused by African traditions and faulty religious doctrines of jw and other conventional religion, you will know by then whether Africans are the ones foolish or not.
Europe brought bible to Africa, now you Africans who don't understand the content of it want to preach it. Nor take education seriously first
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
paxonel:
oh,
You didn't see that the kingdom of God is everlasting, or the everlasting kingdom is not relevant to an everlasting covenant?

OK o grin grin
You are still not making any sense. Open your eyes to what is in fact written!

God's covenants are everlasting... Not the kingdoms themselves. undecided
The Old Covenant is an everlasting covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with a promise of the people forever as inhabitants of the land of Canaan. undecided

The New Covenant is an everlasting Covenant between God and man with the promise of eternal life(life after death included) to be lived out either in the Kingdom of Heaven or Hell. undecided

Isn't it written somewhere in your Bible that Heaven and Hell will pass away but the word of God remains forever? undecided
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are still not making any sense. Open your eyes to what is in fact written!

God's covenants are everlasting... Not the kingdoms themselves. undecided
The Old Covenant is an everlasting covenant between God and the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with a promise of the people forever as inhabitants of the land of Canaan. undecided

The New Covenant is an everlasting Covenant between God and man with the promise of eternal life(life after death included) to be lived out either in the Kingdom of Heaven or Hell. undecided

Isn't it written somewhere in your Bible that Heaven and Hell will pass away but the word of God remains forever? undecided
how will i possibly make sense to someone who has never sat down to read the bible before?

Look at what you are saying : old testament is an everlasting covenant grin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
paxonel:
i will i possibly make sense to someone who has never sat down to read the bible before?

Look at what you are saying : old testament is an everlasting covenant grin
Yes, the Old Testament/Covenant/Contract/Agreement is an everlasting Testament/Covenant/Contract/Agreement.

So also the New Testament/Covenant/Contract/Agreement is also an everlasting Testament/Covenant/Contract/Agreement.

Read your Bible please and stop with the meaningless debating.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Right from the beginning of civilization there has never been equality in the way all the countries are developing! Due to certain factors some countries are faster than others to develop and moreover back then some people do gang up to rob others of valuable things leaving the victims to become predators preying on their own people after the stronger tribe/nation has robbed them.

That's what you're experiencing in the world today your beliefs has nothing to do with that! smiley

you are absolutely right!
But my beliefs?

Anything is say i say with facts
I back up all my statements with scriptures, someone who has truly sat down to read the whole bible from Genesis to revelation will see everything I'm saying, that is so in the bible.

The truth is, Africans don't read, they only believe that's all. grin

There is an article i came across online see below :

10 WAYS EUROPEAN CHRISTIAN MISSIONS HAS INFLUENCED AFRICA

Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:57am On Jan 21, 2021
You shouldn't allow philosophers to rob you of divine wisdom my friend.
You may quote the Bible because you can read it and apply it anyhow you want but one thing i'll like you to know is if you're not efficient with this spiritual sword {Ephesians 6:17} you can't point to any achievement, people will only notice you're always carrying a sword (Bible) up and down!
True Christianity never flourished in Europe Sir, it began in America when Jesus came back in the spirit to restrategize his followers in preaching and teaching work he commissioned back in the first century. Europeans were just slave traders who used the Bible as a cover to rob other people. Before America declared freedom of speech expression and worship Europe only had Orthodox Churches, and they force everyone to practice it or they'll kill you.
So if anyone tells you anything about Europe having Christianity it's a lie!
That's where people like William Tyndale were roasted alive in the name of Christianity! embarassed
If it was the falsehood Europeans were practicing back then, you must either be a Catholic, Anglican, Methodist or Presbyterian. This once have fought and killed so much before they agreed amongst themselves on how the church should be, you can't even own a copy of the Bible talkless reading or quoting it!
Modern day Christianity started in America when they declared freedom of speech expression and worship! smiley

paxonel:
you are absolutely right!
But my beliefs?
Anything is say i say with facts
I back up all my statements with scriptures, someone who has truly sat down to read the whole bible from Genesis to revelation will see everything I'm saying, that is so in the bible.
The truth is, Africans don't read, they only believe that's all. grin
There is an article i came across online see below :
10 WAYS EUROPEAN CHRISTIAN MISSIONS HAS INFLUENCED AFRICA
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You shouldn't allow philosophers to rob you of divine wisdom my friend.
there are only two divine wisdom in the bible!
1. Love God with all your heart...
2. Love your neighbour as yourself

I don't think i have defauted in any of these two, what do you mean i allow philosophers to rob me of divine wisdom?

You may quote the Bible because you can read it and apply it anyhow you want
all I want is to apply my understanding of the bible to these two laws:
1. Love God with all your heart..

But you know, anytime i post a thing on nairaland, my aim is for Nigerian Christians to read and change their faulty doctrines and their traditional perception(just like Jesus aimed at changing the traditional perception of the Jews in Matthew 15:3)which i perceive that these traditions and doctrines are the reasons why Africa is lagging behind today, not that Africans don't love God.

but one thing i'll like you to know is if you're not efficient with this spiritual sword {Ephesians 6:17}
do you notice that very few people understood Jesus when he was preaching on earth.
Do you really think that what he was preaching was that easy to understand the way we are making it now in our churches?
Jesus was full of logics especially in his parables.
Unfortunately, this life itself is full of logic and reasoning we can't escape.

you can't point to any achievement, people will only notice you're always carrying a sword (Bible) up and down!
not everyone, only those who are not reasonable will do.
By the Grace of God, i can point to few regular monikers on nairaland alone, who are intelligent enough to read and understand my posts atleast. grin
It's nothing new for the vast majority to misunderstand logical concepts, but the few who understand will be at peace of mind.

True Christianity never flourished in Europe Sir,
you can say that again, that's story for the gods.
Why did Paul the apostle ended up writing books and preaching the gospel from Italy(recorded in the new testament)?
How did Wesex(ancient British empire) was colonised by the Roman empire in 1300 AD and the Anglo Saxons were forced to accept Christianity?
What about the Danes who were striped of their culture by conquest of King Albert II ?
what about the ancient Roman catholic Vatican seen as the center of Christian pilgrimage even till this day?

it began in America when Jesus came back in the spirit to restrategize his followers in preaching and teaching work he commissioned back in the first century. Europeans were just slave traders who used the Bible as a cover to rob other people. Before America declared freedom of speech expression and worship Europe only had Orthodox Churches, and they force everyone to practice it or they'll kill you.
So if anyone tells you anything about Europe having Christianity it's a lie!
That's where people like William Tyndale were roasted alive in the name of Christianity! embarassed
If it was the falsehood Europeans were practicing back then, you must either be a Catholic, Anglican, Methodist or Presbyterian. This once have fought and killed so much before they agreed amongst themselves on how the church should be, you can't even own a copy of the Bible talkless reading or quoting it!
Modern day Christianity started in America when they declared freedom of speech expression and worship! smiley

now you are talking!
You say modern day Christianity right?

Is there any difference with ancient
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
paxonel:
there are only two divine wisdom in the bible!
1. Love God with all your heart...
I don't think i have defauted in any of these two, what do you mean i allow philosophers to rob me of divine wisdom?
all I want is to apply my understanding of the bible to these two laws:
1. Love God with all your heart..
Those two laws makes anyone complete as a doer of what Mosaic laws demand but there's a new law that Christians were given, that i'll discuss with you some other time!

But you know, anytime i post a thing on nairaland, my aim is for Nigerian Christians to read and change their faulty doctrines and their traditional perception(just like Jesus aimed at changing the traditional perception of the Jews in Matthew 15:3)which i perceive that these traditions and doctrines are the reasons why Africa is lagging behind today, not that Africans don't love God.
do you notice that very few people understood Jesus when he was preaching on earth.
Christianity has nothing to do with nepotism, Jesus came to save the world not the Jews the arrangement was to propagate the good news and charity they say begins at home so Jesus had to train those close to him (Jews) first how to go about it. They're to see other nations as worthy of God's kingdom!

Do you really think that what he was preaching was that easy to understand the way we are making it now in our churches?
Jesus was full of logics especially in his parables.
Unfortunately, this life itself is full of logic and reasoning we can't escape.
not everyone, only those who are not reasonable will do.
By the Grace of God, i can point to few regular monikers on nairaland alone, who are intelligent enough to read and understand my posts atleast.

Jesus' teachings was aimed at forming a global family of peace loving worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4} that's the reason why he is called the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} so to be a real Christian you must know this global family and work with them under the commander (Jesus) otherwise you are on your own, Jesus doesn't know you {John 15:1-10} all those claiming Christians but failed to be in the global family are scattered like stubborn goats before Jesus! Luke 11:23 compared to Matthew 25:31-32

It's nothing new for the vast majority to misunderstand logical concepts, but the few who understand will be at peace of mind.
you can say that again, that's story for the gods.
Why did Paul the apostle ended up writing books and preaching the gospel from Italy(recorded in the new testament)?
How did Wesex(ancient British empire) was colonised by the Roman empire in 1300 AD and the Anglo Saxons were forced to accept Christianity?
What about the Danes who were striped of their culture by conquest of King Albert II ?
what about the ancient Roman catholic Vatican seen as the center of Christian pilgrimage even till this day?
Christ doesn't force himself on anyone so whenever you see any religion using force know that it belongs to the devil, what Christians were commanded to do is PREACH and TEACH peacefully in all their neighbourhood {Matthew 10:11-15} those who believe will have the crown of life while unbelievers will perish! John 3:16

now you are talking!
You say modern day Christianity right?

Is there any difference with ancient

There is no difference between true Christians today and the first century Christians, but if you've been misinformed you can't recognize true Christians because Satan has blackmailed them in the world so even when they come to you as their first century brothers did you may end up demanding they have to comply with what false religions claiming Christians today believe! smiley
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Those two laws makes anyone complete as a doer of what Mosaic laws demand but there's a new law that Christians were given, that i'll discuss with you some other time!

Christianity has nothing to do with nepotism, Jesus came to save the world not the Jews the arrangement was to propagate the good news and charity they say begins at home so Jesus had to train those close to him (Jews) first how to go about it. They're to see other nations as worthy of God's kingdom!

Jesus' teachings was aimed at forming a global family of peace loving worshipers {Isaiah 2:2-4} that's the reason why he is called the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} so to be a real Christian you must know this global family and work with them under the commander (Jesus) otherwise you are on your own, Jesus doesn't know you {John 15:1-10} all those claiming Christians but failed to be in the global family are scattered like stubborn goats before Jesus! Luke 11:23 compared to Matthew 25:31-32

Christ doesn't force himself on anyone so whenever you see any religion using force know that it belongs to the devil, what Christians were commanded to do is PREACH and TEACH peacefully in all their neighbourhood {Matthew 10:11-15} those who believe will have the crown of life while unbelievers will perish! John 3:16

There is no difference between true Christians today and the first century Christians, but if you've been misinformed you can't recognize true Christians because Satan has blackmailed them in the world so even when they come to you as their first century brothers did you may end up demanding they have to comply with what false religions claiming Christians today believe! smiley
ok, how do distinguish between true Christians and fake Christians, is it that fake Christians don't believe in Christ and his resurrection or what?
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
To believe doesn't mean calling upon a person's name in vain without acting upon what he taught! Matthew 7:24-27
After the death of first century pioneers of Christianity Satan established his own religion to overturn what those first Christians laid down, that was how they overshadowed the real Christians just as weeds sown in the midst of fine seeds will overshadow it if left unattended to {Matthew 13:24-29} and because Satan is the brain behind world Politics {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} he used everything within his reach to silence the rest of the Christians who knew what Jesus and his disciples taught, that was how true Christianity vanished from the surface of the earth and Roman Catholic Church (a religion formed by the political Roman Emperor initiated) became known far and wide, the Roman soldiers were forcing this religion on all the cities they conquer, the intention of this Roman Emperor was to strengthen his Empire and solidify all the little cities under it as one with the newly form religion. Note that it cost the Romans all their former gods as they have to change so many things and call their gods by the names the Emperor fabricated so that those Satan's agents claiming Christians can embrace it.

True Christians don't
~ repeat the same words during prayer! Matt 6:7
~ use images in worship! Exodus 20:4
~ carry weapons! Matt 26:52
~ participate in world Politics! John 17:14-16
~ practice racism or nepotism! Matt 12:46-49

True Christians are
~ always engage in evangelism! Matt 28:19-20
~ easygoing in the neighborhood! Matt 5:43-48
~ never part of racial dispute because they must love all believers equally!

So true Christians exist today but just as Jesus foretold people will hate them the same way his own contemporary religionists hated him! Matt 10:22-25
They meet in places designated for their meetings, they don't practice interfaith (all wind of teaching in the name of Christianity) they marry only fellow members so if you're from any country throughout the earth as long as you're one of their global family you're qualified to marry in their midst, but even if you're from the same village with a Christian as long as you don't believe in the same line of thought with them they will never marry you! 1Corinthians 7:39

There are lots of differences between the real Christians and misinformed Churchgoers claiming Christians today! smiley

paxonel:

Ok, how do distinguish between true Christians and fake Christians, is it that fake Christians don't believe in Christ and his resurrection or what?
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:01am On Jan 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
To believe doesn't mean calling upon a person's name in vain without acting upon what he taught! Matthew 7:24-27
After the death of first century pioneers of Christianity Satan established his own religion to overturn what those first Christians laid down, that was how they overshadowed the real Christians just as weeds sown in the midst of fine seeds will overshadow it if left unattended to {Matthew 13:24-29} and because Satan is the brain behind world Politics {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} he used everything within his reach to silence the rest of the Christians who knew what Jesus and his disciples taught, that was how true Christianity vanished from the surface of the earth and Roman Catholic Church (a religion formed by the political Roman Emperor initiated) became known far and wide, the Roman soldiers were forcing this religion on all the cities they conquer, the intention of this Roman Emperor was to strengthen his Empire and solidify all the little cities under it as one with the newly form religion. Note that it cost the Romans all their former gods as they have to change so many things and call their gods by the names the Emperor fabricated so that those Satan's agents claiming Christians can embrace it.

True Christians don't

True Christians are

So true Christians exist today but just as Jesus foretold people will hate them the same way his own contemporary religionists hated him! Matt 10:22-25
They meet in places designated for their meetings, they don't practice interfaith (all wind of teaching in the name of Christianity) they marry only fellow members so if you're from any country throughout the earth as long as you're one of their global family you're qualified to marry in their midst, but even if you're from the same village with a Christian as long as you don't believe in the same line of thought with them they will never marry you! 1Corinthians 7:39

There are lots of differences between the real Christians and misinformed Churchgoers claiming Christians today! smiley

interesting grin grin

True Christians practicing separatism
Is that what Jesus throught you?

You know, it's a free world, you can choose to practice what you want to practice as far religion is concern. But certainly, you can't separate the body of Christ it's not possible.

Yes, I agree that there are several faulty doctrines in the body of Christ which most of my post are aimed to correct them. But irrespective of that differences in doctrines, creeds,beliefs and attitudes, there is one thing that is common to all Christians and that is: They believe in Christ and that is only reason they are Christians

John 3:16 ...whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life

So, i see no reason why believers should battle themselves on who should be a Christian: Jw and Roman catholic fighting themselves, Protestants and Roman Catholics battling.
Even among the Pentecostals : deeper life fighting winners saying they are not Christians, Christ embassy battling celestial church saying because they are on white garment and bare footed they are not of Christ.

One saying we are of Christ, they are not. They are of Apolos, we are of Paul, what the nonsense!

Like i have said, it's a free world, so even the truth is free to prevail and no one can stop it.

What is the truth?
The truth is : if all these misinformed church goers you say they are claiming Christianity still exist, then it is God that allows them to still exist as Christians.
Your role is to correct their misinformation as much as you can, rather than trying to win them to your side.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Satan is the owner of that broad road {Matthew 7:13) that's why the Bible book of Revelation ordered us to SEPARATE ourselves from false religions claiming Christians! Revelations 18:4

So Christianity is not a religion where adherents have contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines, that is Satan at work!

Jesus' true followers are united in the same line of thought {John 17:20-23 compared to Romans 15:5-6; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2} whatever makes you have a different outlook from your fellow believer on the same subject is Satan's handiworks, that's why the so called Churches of Christendom are divided today! Luke 11:23

You can't save them whatever article, debate or argument you put up is just a child's play, Satan will just be laughing at you because Jesus has ordered you to leave their midst and join those well organized under the Holy Spirit, thinking you can correct them is a deceit {Proverbs 3:5} for your information all those who trust in their own understanding can't escape Satan's scheme! Proverbs 28:26 smiley

paxonel:
interesting grin grin

True Christians practicing separatism
Is that what Jesus throught you?

You know, it's a free world, you can choose to practice what you want to practice as far religion is concern. But certainly, you can't separate the body of Christ it's not possible.

Yes, I agree that there are several faulty doctrines in the body of Christ which most of my post are aimed to correct them. But irrespective of that differences in doctrines, creeds,beliefs and attitudes, there is one thing that is common to all Christians and that is: They believe in Christ and that is only reason they are Christians

John 3:16 ...whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life

So, i see no reason why believers should battle themselves on who should be a Christian: Jw and Roman catholic fighting themselves, Protestants and Roman Catholics battling.
Even among the Pentecostals : deeper life fighting winners saying they are not Christians, Christ embassy battling celestial church saying because they are on white garment and bare footed they are not of Christ.

One saying we are of Christ, they are not. They are of Apolos, we are of Paul, what the nonsense!

Like i have said, it's a free world, so even the truth is free to prevail and no one can stop it.

What is the truth?
The truth is : if all these misinformed church goers you say they are claiming Christianity still exist, then it is God that allows them to still exist as Christians.
Your role is to correct their misinformation as much as you can, rather than trying to win them to your side.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Satan is the owner of that broad road {Matthew 7:13)
no!
You are misinterpreting the context of Matthew 7:13.
The Broadway there did not refer to the general Christianity of today in relation to a small group.
The Broadway specifically referred to Judaism(the Jewish religion of that time who had the old covenant) including any other religions of that time in relation to Jesus Christ and his disciples(because Jesus is the way, not any other religion)

So, please don't change it that it was talking about today grin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2021
That implies the Bible verse is of no use today shey?
Who is the master brain behind the confusion in Judaism back then? John 8:44
Do you think such an evil genius has no influence today? Matthew 13:25 compare to 2 Corinthians 11:12-15

Well thanks for your time Sir! smiley

paxonel:
no!
You are misinterpreting the context of Matthew 7:13.
The Broadway there did not refer to the general Christianity of today in relation to a small group.
The Broadway specifically referred to Judaism(the Jewish religion of that time who had the old covenant) including any other religions of that time in relation to Jesus Christ and his disciples(because Jesus is the way, not any other religion)

So, please don't change it that it was talking about today grin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:04am On Jan 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

True Christians don't

True Christians are

this your history get k-leg.

so constantine created the catholic church after forming a "committee"

where did he get this committee from?
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2021
@ bolded

Apostates whose hearts were not the same as true Christians, the real Christians have nothing to do with politicians or world rulers! smiley

Ubenedictus:

this your history get k-leg.
so constantine created the catholic church after forming a "committee"
where did he get this committee from?
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That implies the Bible verse is of no use today shey?
no!
It implies that we should take scriptures the way it is, and not necessarily being fallacious about it. The scripture was written for our understanding of the origin of Christianity and not for us to impersonify it, there is nothing spirit about it, everything can be accurately explained.

Who is the master brain behind the confusion in Judaism back then? John 8:44

Satan ofcourse!
Now, we are talking about spiritual battle here( inter-faith battle), that's why in this context Jesus described Judaism as Satan(a spiritual being).
But in the case between your today's Jw and the general christendom it is a battle within the same Christian faith(not inter-faith) therefore non of the sides can be described as Satan seeing that both sides have believed that Jesus is the Christ.(unlike Judaism of John 8:44).

If it is what involves jw and Muslims, then you have every grounds to describe Islam as Satan.

Do you think such an evil genius has no influence today? Matthew 13:25 compare to 2 Corinthians 11:12-15

Well thanks for your time Sir! smiley

Matthew 13:25 is a parable describing how the devil deceived Adam and Eve from the beginning. It wasn't today's Christendom that did it.
Yes, there were antichrists(people who pretended to believe in Christ coming among Christians, but deep in their heart they didn't believe) who came to deceive Christians in 2 Corinthians 11:12-15, these Antichrists cannot be used to describe today Christians who do evil, because today Christians have believe.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
You amuse me a lot! cheesy

Jesus the foundation of Christianity openly said many will call him "Lord" even performing great signs and wonders in his name and yet he will declare to them saying "i never knew you, depart from me you workers of iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23
And here you are saying there is no Satan in the midst of those claiming Christians! cheesy

Well for your information, Satan is the owner of all the religions on earth before God called out Abraham and his lineage (Isaac and Jacob) to stand out, after then God established pure worship with Jacob's twelve sons (Israelites)
Satan later grabbed ten (Samaritans) out of the twelve tribes and God continue his covenant with just two tribes, that two tribes were known as Jews!
During the time Jesus was on earth Satan has succeeded in taking over the Jews and their form of worship completed that's why Jesus told them that they're of the devil, then Jesus foretold that Christianity will also fall into the hands of Satan until when he (Jesus) come back in the spirit to separate faithful people out of Satan's mob.
Today all the religious groups on planet earth are under the influence of Satan the devil with the exception of just one group.
That is where the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit can be seen in the BODY of believers, as for the rest claiming Christians but failed to form a global family of peace, they are of the devil! smiley

paxonel:
no!
It implies that we should take scriptures the way it is, and not necessarily being fallacious about it. The scripture was written for our understanding of the origin of Christianity and not for us to impersonify it, there is nothing spirit about it, everything can be accurately explained.

Satan ofcourse!
Now, we are talking about spiritual battle here( inter-faith battle), that's why in this context Jesus described Judaism as Satan(a spiritual being).
But in the case between your today's Jw and the general christendom it is a battle within the same Christian faith(not inter-faith) therefore non of the sides can be described as Satan seeing that both sides have believed that Jesus is the Christ.(unlike Judaism of John 8:44).

If it is what involves jw and Muslims, then you have every grounds to describe Islam as Satan.
Matthew 13:25 is a parable describing how the devil deceived Adam and Eve from the beginning. It wasn't today's Christendom that did it.
Yes, there were antichrists(people who pretended to believe in Christ coming among Christians, but deep in their heart they didn't believe) who came to deceive Christians in 2 Corinthians 11:12-15, these Antichrists cannot be used to describe today Christians who do evil, because today Christians have believe.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
@ bolded

Apostates whose hearts were not the same as true Christians, the real Christians have nothing to do with politicians or world rulers! smiley

lol,

the same Christians who were been persecuted and killed and maimed were the same Christians that Constantine invited for the council. They were not apostates, they were the Christian leaders of that that time. Some had one eye cut out by the previous government other had been harassed in different fashion but not a single Christian at that time even called the church leaders in that council to be apostate.

you just lied.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
The world government is under the control of Satan the devil {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} that's why Satan invited Jesus to come and have a share in his government {Luke 4:6-7} Jesus declined the offer to have anything to do with Politics {John 6:15} he warned his followers not to have anything to do with Politics! John 15:17-21

So true Christians never had anything to do with world rulers, for your information that's why it's easy to persecute Christ and his first century followers, had it been Jesus has a hand in Politics or his followers were involved in politics do you think anyone could easily persecute them that much? John 18:36

Guy wake up! If you're a Catholic know today that you're a pagan and you have nothing to do with real Christianity! smiley

Ubenedictus:

lol,
the same Christians who were been persecuted and killed and maimed were the same Christians that Constantine invited for the council. They were not apostates, they were the Christian leaders of that that time. Some had one eye cut out by the previous government other had been harassed in different fashion but not a single Christian at that time even called the church leaders in that council to be apostate.
you just lied.
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by paxonel(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You amuse me a lot! cheesy
that's because I'm reading inbetween lines

Jesus the foundation of Christianity openly said many will call him "Lord" even performing great signs and wonders in his name and yet he will declare to them saying "i never knew you, depart from me you workers of iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23
it's true now!
There were about 5000 disciples of Jesus who ate five loaves of bread and twelve fishes in the wilderness calling Jesus Lord Lord (Matthew 14:21). These same disciples were part of the people Jesus gave power to do signs and wonders.(matthew 10:1)
Out of these 5000 disciples who were the MANY Jesus was talking about, only about 120 of them saw the kingdom(Christianity) Act 1:15.
Hence, few people saw the kingdom of God.

Jesus foresaw this coming that's why he told them many will call him Lord Lord, but he will say he never knew them on that day.
Why, because many of them ran away when it was time for Jesus to be crucified.

This thing has nothing to do with us today.

And here you are saying there is no Satan in the midst of those claiming Christians! cheesy
well, i didn't say there is no Satan in the midst of those claiming Christianity, ofcourse a Christian can be Satan at the point he is doing wrong.But rather, I said in the context of what Jesus meant, Satan was the Jewish religion while he was the only way to God.

Well for your information, Satan is the owner of all the religions on earth before God called out Abraham and his lineage (Isaac and Jacob) to stand out, after then God established pure worship with Jacob's twelve sons (Israelites)
if you say so, you may be right.

Jesus foretold that Christianity will also fall into the hands of Satan until when he (Jesus) come back in the spirit to separate faithful people out of Satan's mob.
where?? grin
whatever you are saying, you have to back it up with scriptural evidence or..

Today all the religious groups on planet earth are under the influence of Satan the devil with the exception of just one group.
keep telling yourselves what is not there grin
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
Jesus used an illustration to warn his followers that Satan will sow weeds in their midst {Matthew 13:25} all botanists understand what happens when you allow weeds to grow alongside fine seeds, it outgrow the fine seed and when that one is overwhelmed they disappear!
That's what happened to true Christianity after the death of the Apostles.
I'm not insisting that the group that convinced me on this is the only true Christian group, but i know that Jesus' own followers are gathered into one group of worshipers and whoever fails to acknowledge this group will not have Everlasting Life! smiley

paxonel:

where?? grin
whatever you are saying, you have to back it up with scriptural evidence
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The world government is under the control of Satan the devil {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} that's why Satan invited Jesus to come and have a share in his government {Luke 4:6-7} Jesus declined the offer to have anything to do with Politics {John 6:15} he warned his followers not to have anything to do with Politics! John 15:17-21

So true Christians never had anything to do with world rulers, for your information that's why it's easy to persecute Christ and his first century followers, had it been Jesus has a hand in Politics or his followers were involved in politics do you think anyone could easily persecute them that much? John 18:36

Guy wake up! If you're a Catholic know today that you're a pagan and you have nothing to do with real Christianity! smiley

hahahaha
don't tickle me please
Re: Will Few Make Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
Do as you' please, it's a free world! smiley
Ubenedictus:
hahahaha
don't tickle me please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Norway Will No Longer Fund Jehovah's Witnesses / Wishing My. Muslim Friends A Happy 2024 / Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.